Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ A Wizard Without Magic ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Wizard Without Magic

Harry was the first one to awaken the next morning, before the sun rose. His nightmare and worry about his classes got the best of him. He kept wondering how he was going to pull off being a wizard while not having a lick of magic in him. He also wondered why he felt the way he did at the ceremony, and why was the other guy glaring at him as well. Harry pondered this all morning while watching the sunrise. He was amazed how beautiful it was around the castle. It was like it was built out of a dream. The vivid greens of the grass and leaves, the deep sapphire blue of the lake, it was enough to take away Harry's worries.

"Morning, Harry," yawn Ron as he sat up to stretch.

"Morning, Ron," replied Harry as he looked away from the window. Neville and Seamus awoke not too long after Ron. The four got dressed and went down to the common room. Percy was waiting for them in there, in his hands were a handful of scrolls.

"These are your class schedules, make sure you arrive on time to class," he said while handing them out to the four. Ron, of course, rolled his eyes. Harry opened his to find out that it wasn't a schedule, but instructions for him to report to Dumbledore's room after breakfast.

"Classes don't start till 9, Harry. Let's go grab some food," said Ron. The two went off into the castle. It looked quite different in the daytime than the light. Its dreariness seemed to have left when the sun came up. The stone on the walls looked like it has been there for ages but kept in good condition. Tapestries of the Hogwarts's symbol along with the statues of either one of the four animals of the symbol or a warthog were placed within the corridors, randomly. Painting would come to life saying, "Good morning," to the two as they walked by. It was most certainly a place of magic.

The dining hall wasn't crowded, as it was the night before, during the ceremony. Food was already placed on each of the four long tables. The smell of eggs, bacon, sausages, gravy, and much, much more filled the room. Ron turned to Harry, "You know Harry, I am really starting to love this place." The two sat at the Gryffindor table and were accompanied by Hermione, Neville, Seamus, Fred and George not too long after they began to eat. The taste of the food was almost unbelievable. Harry never tasted a breakfast this good. Then again, he hadn't had a warm breakfast for as long as he could remember.

"Didn't want to wait for the rest of us, did you?" said Hermione in a stern tone to Ron. Harry was eating too fast and too much to respond.

"Harry was staving, as you can see," said Ron watching Harry eat helping after helping within just a few minutes between each plate. "Where do you put all that?"

Harry realized how rude he was acting and stopped. "Sorry bout that, I don't know what came over me. I just got so hungry."

"It's okay Harry, eat up," said Fred.

"Yeah, we were actually enjoying seeing you eat a whole plate of sausages within two minutes," said George.

"So Harry, what classes did you get?" asked Hermione.

"I don't know yet," said Harry, trying to resist the urge of eating everything on Ron's plate.

"Didn't Percy give you your schedule?" she asked, confused.

"He gave me a letter saying to go see Dumbledore after breakfast," he said while still eyeing the hash browns.

"Wonder what he wants," said Ron, "You don't think he will want you to test out of first year and goto second or third year classes do you?"

"God I hope not," Harry thought to himself, "he should know that I don't have magic."

"I doubt it Ron, everyone has to go through first year. Its recording in Hogwarts Charter," said Hermione.

"Criminy, you read that too!?" exclaimed Ron. Hermione gave him a dirty look back.

Harry ended up eating nineteen platefuls before being stuffed. The rest of the group was already done eating when Harry hit his eighth plate. Only Ron and Harry remained from the Gryffindor table.

"You weren't hungry, were you Harry," said Ron sarcastically. "I'd best be getting to class, it's almost nine."

"Aye," said Harry, "Oh Ron, by the way, do you know perchance the way to Dumbledore's office?"

"Eh, sorry Harry. You know as much about this place as me," said Ron before he left the table.

Harry got up and saw his plate, along with everyone else's, disappear. The whole table was spotless within a second. Harry walked to the main doors when he felt the feeling again. It was the same as last night, but Harry didn't have to look around to realize where it was coming from. The door opened and Mr. Scowls entered the room. Dressed the same, as he was the previous night. His black spiky hair sticking straight up as it was defying the laws of gravity. His eyes were a dark brown, almost black like Harry's, but with a look of determination. Harry didn't understand why he could sense him coming into the room.

"You'd best be getting a move on, the wizard is expecting you," said Mr. Scowls with his deep stern voice.

"Umm…yes sir," said Harry walking past Mr. Scowls. He turned back at him, "you wouldn't know how to get there, would you?"

"I guess I'll take you there, boy," he said rudely. Mr. Scowls led the way to Dumbledore's office followed by Harry, keeping his head down. Harry wanted to ask Mr. Scowls if he knew his father, but he was afraid that he would snap back at him. After a few minutes of walking and going through a couple of flights of stairs that seemed to love to move, they reached a corridor. At the end was a doorway with a statue of a Phoenix.

"This is it," said Mr. Scowls. "You are on your own now, boy. The password to go up the stairs should be in your letter."

"Thanks," said Harry walking to the doorway. "By the way, Mr. Scowls, may I ask you a question?"

"Only if you never call me that name again." He said in an angrier tone.

"Umm, well I was wondering, did you know my father and mother perchance?" asked Harry, trying to swallow his fear.

Mr. Scowls turned his head towards Harry. "Yes I knew your father as well as you, Gohan."

"Gohan? It sounds so familiar. Could that actually be my name?" Harry thought to himself. His face held a befuddled look.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. The wizard wants to see you so head up there and see if he can't jar your memory," said Mr. Scowls as he turned and began to walk away, "meanwhile, my name is Vegeta. Never call me Mr. Scowls again. I have more pride than that to have such a foolish name."

Harry stood in the middle of the corridor as Vegeta walked off. Some of it started to make sense on why he was so familiar to him. Harry still couldn't figure out why he could feel Vegeta's presence without evening knowing he was there. Harry shook his head clear of confusion and walked to the statue. He pulled out his letter that had the password in it. "Sherbet Lemon," he called and the statue started twisting upward, revealing a staircase. He walked up the staircase to see Professor Dumbledore already sitting in the room with many painting on the wall, asleep. Even the painting themselves were snoring, but not as loud as the professor was.

"Ahem, excuse me Professor," said Harry, waking the old man.

"Oh, oh yes, Harry. Wondering what took you so long. Have a seat," said the professor. Harry sat down on the chair in front of Dumbledore. "I am sure you are wondering how you intend on attending classes for magic without being able to do magic, am I right?"

"Yes, professor," Harry said, surprised that Dumbledore knew exactly what Harry was worried about.

"Not to worry, my boy, not to worry. May I see your wand?" said Dumbledore in a soothing voice. Harry gave Dumbledore his wand. The old man held both ends with his fingertips and looked at it for several minutes. "Okay, it's ready now."

"Ready?" said a confused Harry

"I took the liberty of getting a list of spells first years are to learn before the end of the term. I just placed them all into your wand. All you must do is speak the names correctly and it will cast it for you," said Dumbledore, "Now I must warn you, Harry. Do not break this wand. Even though those spells are quite harmless and trivial to us wizards, the amount of magic I placed in your wand could be devastating if released all at once." Dumbledore gave Harry back his wand and he cautiously put it back. "As for all the other classes, I am sure you'll do fine in."

"Thank you, Professor," smiled Harry. He didn't have to worry about the other students finding out he wasn't a wizard. "Um, Professor, may I ask you a question?"

"Of Course."

"See, umm, Mr. Sco… I mean Vegeta said to me that he knew my father and I and that my name is Gohan. I believe him because he is familiar to me and so is the name, but…"

"You are confused why we call you Harry if your name is Gohan," interrupted Dumbledore, "First, you should believe what he said because it is true. Second, the reason why we call you Harry Potter is because when we found you, Babidi was already gone. We did not want to jeopardize your safety. We sent you to live with the Dursleys, who were the least likely for Babidi to consider you being with. And I must add I apologize for their upbringing. Not even I thought it would have been that rough for you."

"It's okay," said Harry, still glad that he isn't back in that cupboard.

"Harry, I must ask you something. No one is to know your true background, not even Ron. Don't speak about whatever you and Mr. Scowls talk about, because I know you will ask him more questions," said Dumbledore more seriously than before.

"I won't, I promise," said Harry.

"Good, good. Now here is your schedule. If I am not mistaken, you need to report to Professor McGonagall's transfiguration class. I believe she already knows that you were going to be late for her class so don't worry about getting into trouble for it. I also took the liberty of giving you directions on how to get to your first class from here," said Dumbledore as he handed Harry another scroll.

"Thank you again, Professor," smiled Harry. He got up and left the office. He followed the steps back down, which closed up, as he left the doorway again. Now only the phoenix statue remained. Harry opened his schedule up and proceeded to class, knowing that he shouldn't have a problem doing what the teacher may ask of him.