Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Against Harry ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Against Harry

"There is to be no careless wand flickering in my class!" exclaimed Professor Snape as he burst into the classroom. Potions, was Harry's first class on Wednesday mornings. The past two days have gone by very well. Most of his classes were like his classes he had back in school in Surrey, just with different and more interesting content.

"I don't expect for all of you to appreciate the true art that is potion making," Snape sneered while looking at the half of the classroom who were the Gryffindor first years. "But a select few will be able to ensnare the senses, bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper on death," he smiled a crooked smile to the other half of the class who were Slytherins, with Malfoy in front. Snape turned to see Harry, sitting next to Hermione and Ron, not looking up at him like the rest, but writing notes on what he said. Snape's lip curled at the sight. "POTTER!"

Harry looked up from his notes quickly, he was confused why he was being yelled at, "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry didn't know if that was English or not since he never heard of those ingredients before, "I don't know, sir," he replied as Hermione's had shot up in the air, waving.

"No? Let's try again, how about where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know, sir,"

"How about you tell me the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know, sir," Harry felt 2 inches tall as he was being taunted by the Slytherin's laughing.

"Pity. Clearly fame isn't everything." Snape added with a crooked smile from ridiculing Harry.

"Why don't you ask Hermione. Clearly she knows." Harry rebutted back. Hermione's hand was still waving in the air, anxiously. Snape walked quickly over to Harry and sat down after telling Hermione to put her hand down.

"For your information, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful that it's called the Draught of the Living Death. A bezoar is a stone from a goats stomach that can save you from most poisons, and monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plant that also go by the name, aconite," he said while looking into Harry's face with his cold eyes. "Well? Why aren't you all writing this down?"

The room was filled with students quickly grabbing their parchment and quills to write down the information. Snape got up and walked to his desk. "Five points will be deducted from Gryffindor House for Mr. Potter's mouth," he added as he sat down.

The rest of the class was a nightmare to Harry. He didn't understand why Snape was so displeased with him. "Don't sweat it Harry. Snape is always taking points away from Fred and George," said Ron as they and the rest of the Gryffindor first years left the classroom and headed to the dining hall.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat at their usual spaces, Ron next to Harry, and Hermione across the table from Ron. Neville and Seamus sat near them as well. No sooner than when they got settled in, the Slytherin first years came into the hall. They were still gloating from Snape's ridicule session from Potions class, and especially at Harry's lack of knowledge.

"Don't let them get to you Harry," said Hermione. An owl screech could be heard from outside the windows from the tall ceiling.

"Alright! Mail is here," said Ron. Several owls swooped down to each of the house tables, dropping packages to several of the students. Harry didn't receive a letter, which he wasn't surprised.

"Cool, Neville got a Remembrall!" said Seamus, seeing what Neville pulled out from a package that looked like it was made by and old woman.

"I've heard about those. When you squeeze it and it turns red, you have forgotten something," said Hermione.

"Yeah, but the problem is that I don't remember what I have forgotten," said Neville. Malfoy came up behind Neville, following by Crabb and Goyle, and snatched the Remembrall from him.

"Whatcha got here, Longbottom?" teased Malfoy while tossing it in the air, then between the three of them. Harry and Ron both stood up to only be interrupted by

"What is going on here?" asked Professor McGonagall as she entered the hall. Malfoy quickly stopped the game of keep away.

"Malfoy has my Remembrall," sobbed Neville.

"Oh?" said McGonagall. She looked over to Malfoy and his goons with a stern look. "Give it back, Draco."

Malfoy tossed on the table, turned and left the Gryffindor side. "Fifteen points will be deducted from the Slytherin House for you three's immature behavior," McGonagall added. All Malfoy is give the Gryffindor's dirty glares as he went over to his house's table.

Harry and Ron sat back down in their seats. Ron was opening the letter he got from his mother when Harry spotted the Daily Prophet, the Wizarding World's newspaper. On the front was written in big bold letters, "Gringgotts Break-In Latest!"

"Ron, can I borrow that for a moment?" asked Harry pointing to the newspaper.

Ron nodded his head while he read his letter. Harry began to read the article that had a moving picture of the Gringotts's goblins scuttling all about in front of a whole what used to be a vault door. The numbers above the archway were 7, 1, and 3. Harry remembered that was the vault Hagrid took out that strange object that had a vault all to itself.

"This is odd," said Harry aloud so that Ron and Hermione could here. "This vault that was broken into on the 31st of July is the exact same vault Hagrid emptied when we were in Diagon Alley."

"What did he take out?" asked Ron.

"I don't know what it was, it was in a bag. All I know is that it was the shape of Neville's Remembrall and twice the size," said Harry. "I'm going to go talk to Hagrid after class, maybe I can find something out. You two want to come?" asked Harry.

"Sure, my brother Charlie always said that Hagrid was pretty cool to talk to," replied Ron.

"I'll go for a little bit, I want to get an early start on homework tonight," said Hermione. Ron rolled his eyes.

Gryffindor and Slytherin first years got up to go to their next class. It seemed that all classes on Wednesdays were to be along side Slytherin. It made the day go extremely slower it seemed for Harry. The next class was Broomstick Riding 101 with Madam Hooch. Madam Hooch was an odd looking woman with a nose that resembled a beak and eyes of yellow like a bird's. She escorted the class to the courtyard where broomsticks were already laid out for the class.

"Step to the right side of your broom. Place your right over it and say Up!" she instructed the class. The class began their commands to their brooms. Malfoy's came up within the first command while the others just hopped up and down, except Harry's. It didn't move.

"I guess Dumbledore forgot this class," Harry thought to himself, trying to figure out a way to get out of this mess. Harry quickly bent down and grabbed his broom when everyone was focused on Malfoy.

"Okay, good. Now mount your brooms and when I here the whistle, push off with your feet and hover for thirty seconds before landing. 1, 2,…" instructed Madam Hooch before interrupted by Neville's panic. It seemed that his broom had a mind of its own and kept on flying higher and higher. "Mr. Longbottom, not so high!"

"I don't know how to control it!" yelled Neville just before he took off out of control. The broom bounced off the tower walls before making a noise dive into the crowd of students. It pulled up before it would crash and flew into a statue. Neville's robe was caught onto the statue, but it didn't last long before it ripped and he plummeted several feet down to the ground. The whole class ran to Neville, Madam Hooch was first to get to him. Neville laid on the ground griping his arm and crying.

"Come on Longbottom. Let's get you to the hospital wing." She said as she helped him up from the ground. "Not one broomstick in the air while I am gone. If you are the unlucky one that is caught, you'll be on the train home before you could say Quidditch."

Malfoy picked up Neville's Remembrall that fell out from his pocket when he landed. "What a moron. If he would have given this a squeeze, he may would have remembered that he couldn't fly," he said. All the Slytherin's started laughing.

"Give it to me, Malfoy," said Harry, tired of hearing Malfoy's mouth. It reminded him too much like Dudley and Piers.

"How about, not. I think I'll hang on to it. Unless you want to take it from me," he sneered. "I've got even better idea. How about I hide it where he can't get to it, like on top of the tower." He mounted his broom and flew up to the top of the tower. "Stop me if you can, Potter!"

Harry gained that certain look of determination as before in the train and at the zoo. "No, Harry, you mustn't. You heard what Madam Hooch said. You will get expelled," pleaded Hermione but her words weren't heard this time.

A small wind started around hair, brushing the grass in a circular pattern. He mounted the broomstick while thinking to himself, "I don't know how to use this thing, but I can't let him get away with this any longer." Harry pushed off the ground towards Malfoy. He felt little use of the broom but more coming from underneath him, as if he could fly with out it. He reached Malfoy who was surprised to see Harry up there so quickly. "Give it here Malfoy, your goons aren't here to protect you up here."

Realizing that Harry was right, Malfoy threw the Remembrall. "Go fetch!"

Harry darted after it, whizzing past Malfoy who quickly got back on the ground. The Remembrall was heading to the other tower and would break if it would hit. Knowing this, Harry gained even more speed. He caught it, inches before it crashed into the window. Not knowing that Professor McGonagall was watching him on the other side.

In one hand, he had the Remembrall while the other kept hold of the broom handle. It seemed like he was actually forcing it to not fall down to the ground. He dismounted the broom in midair and to his astonishment, it wasn't the broom that made him fly. He was actually flying on his own. Quickly, he mounted the broom again and darted back to the courtyard where the class was. He landed for a warm welcome and a victory over Malfoy, before, "Harry Potter!"

All of the first years in Gryffindor turned to see Professor McGonagall tapping her foot with a stern look at Harry. "Follow me please."

"But it was Malfoy's fault!" yelled Ron. Pointing at the revived snickering of the Slytherins.

"No use, Ron," said Harry before his head fell down. He followed McGonagall to the other side of the school. Which confused Harry since Dumbledore's office was on the same side of the school as the courtyard.

"Stay here a moment, Mr. Potter," said McGonagall before opening the chamber door, revealing a class in progress. "Excuse me Professor Flitwick. Could I borrow Oliver Wood for a moment?"

The short professor nodded and Oliver came out of the classroom seconds later. He was much taller and burlier than Harry was, since he was a fifth year. "I'm here," he said.

"Oliver, meet Harry Potter. I found you a new Seeker," she said. A look of confusion befell the both of them.

Oliver turned to Harry, "He seems a bit young to be a Seeker, don't you think?"

"That were my thoughts at first, but you would be amaze to see what stunt he pulled just moments ago. He caught a Remembrall in midair, inches before it crashed and that's while having a late start," she said with glee.

"Excuse me," said Harry, still confused. "What is a Seeker?"

"You don't know what a Seeker is?" asked Oliver and Harry shook his head. "Ever heard of Quidditch?"

"Only a few times, but never seen it played. I know it's a game like football but with brooms," replied Harry.

"Football? Ah, the Muggle sport. Well, I'll teach ya how to play before the season starts," said Oliver. "Welcome to the team, Harry."

"You should be proud, Harry. You are the youngest Seeker in a century," said McGonagall as her and Harry walked back to her office. Ron and Hermione were waiting at the entrance.

"Please Professor, it wasn't Harry's fault. It was Malfoy's. He took Neville's Remembrall and threw it," pleaded Ron.

"If anyone were to get into trouble, it should be Malfoy, he was up in the air first," added Hermione.

"Mr. Weasly, Ms. Granger, I don't think Mr. Potter will be getting into trouble for it. I know his intentions were good. That is one of the reasons he is the new Gryffindor Seeker," she calmly said to Harry's friends.

Ron and Hermione's mouths would have dropped to the floor if they weren't attached. They thought, for sure, that Harry was going to be on the train back home like Madam Hooch said. The trio left McGonagall's office. Harry still didn't know what to make of it. Quidditch needed brooms to play and he didn't need a broom to fly, but he kept that to himself.

"I don't believe it," exclaimed Ron, "If I would have done that, I would be home by now, degnoming the garden. You do it and you become a Seeker! How do you do it, Harry?"

"I wish I knew."

The three walked off to Hagrid's cabin as planned. He was outside with his dog, sitting by a fire. "Ello! Harry. Its good to see ya."

"Hello, Hagrid," said Harry.

"Who you got wit you?" asked Hagrid.

"Oh, this is Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasly."

"I'd should ave knowned you'd to be a Weasly. You're Charlie's ittle brother ain't ya?"

"Yeah," said Ron.

"I always liked Charlie, he twas good with the animals. Now your twin brothers, lets not get me started," laughed Hagrid.

"Hagrid, have you read the newspapers?" asked Harry, interrupting the laughs.

"No I aven't, why?"

"The day we were at Gringotts, someone broke into it later on that day in the one vault…" said Harry before being interrupted by Hagrid.

"Eed not to worry bout tat, Harry. Dumbledore has it aken care of."

"Hey Hagrid. Harry is the new Gryffindor Seeker!" said Ron, changing the subject.

"E is? Ery good Harry," said Hagrid in a much happier tone. "You must be the oungest Seeker I've ever known."

Harry smiled back at that remark trying to show that he was proud, but in truth, he wasn't. His mind can't get off of that day in Gringotts. Was the attempted thief already there when him and Hagrid were?

Malfoy was shocked to see Harry at lunch and even more shocked when the word got to him that Harry was the new Gryffindor Seeker. The news would have been all over the school by dinnertime, for sure. Harry received a note from Oliver later on in the Gryffindor common room that their first practice will be the weekend following Halloween, which was still a few weeks off still.

Harry didn't know what to do. If he was to play Quidditch, he was certain that sooner or later, he would let go of the broom and reveal that he can actually fly without it. It seemed that the secrets are piling up against Harry and it was only a matter of time before one would get revealed. Then what would become of Harry?