Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Midnight Run ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Midnight Run

High above the earth, on a floating palace in the sky, stood the green man, wearing a turban, looking below. His white cape flowed in the wind. Two more beings walked up behind the man. One was as black as an onyx. He was shorter than the green man, wearing a red vest with Arabic patterns and a turban as well was. The other was smaller than the other two, but green skinned like the man pondering his thoughts over the ledge. His head was bare, revealing his two antennas curved over his brow.

"Is everything okay, Piccolo?" said the smaller green boy.

"Yeah," he responded revealing his extensive canine teeth. "Did you sense it last night too, Dende?"

"Yes." Dende looked towards the ground, "Do you think Gohan got his memory back?"

"No."

"Oh," said Dende looking back towards Piccolo, "What about Babidi? Do you sense him anywhere?"

"No. He's still in hiding, but I wouldn't doubt he'll send someone after Gohan."

"Gohan is in Danger!? Oh no!" said the dark man.

"Shouldn't we go get him then?" asked Dende frantically.

"No. I promised Gohan that I wouldn't interfere with his chances on having a life with the Earthlings. As it stands now, he is in no danger and I will keep watch over him from afar. I will not interject unless danger is for certain."

The two turned away from Piccolo, "I hope Gohan will be okay," said the dark man.

"I hope so too, Mr. Popo."

Harry and Hagrid arose from their seats. Hagrid looked over at Harry and whispered, "Hide!" Harry flew up to Hagrid's tall ceiling. Hagrid looked up at Harry, briefly, in amazement, then proceeded to open the door.

"Hagrid!" yelled Hermione as he opened the door. "We must speak with Harry!"

"Aight, come in! Quickly!"

Harry floated back down to the floor when he saw both Ron and Hermione enter the hut, "What on earth are you two doing here!?"

"McGonagall is on her way to find you! You must leave!"

"What!? How!?"

"Malfoy," panted Ron, "The door was open when you and Mr. Scowls was talking. He waited until midnight and then went to tell Professor McGonagall."

Harry's eyes widened. "Hagrid, thanks for letting us use your hut. I'll talk at you later."

"Tis not a problem Harry. Get to the tower, quick, aight!" he replied.

The three left the warm climate of the hut to the cool air of the night. "Ron, Hermione, I want you to hold tightly to my arms and shoulders," Harry said while looking towards the castle, searching for any signs of Malfoy and McGonagall.

"Uh.do you think you can do this Harry?" asked Hermione with a little bit of fright in her voice. Ron quickly latched on to Harry.

"Just do it Hermione, we don't have much time," Harry commanded. She latched on tightly and kept her eyes shut. Harry left the ground as if nothing was holding on to him. Even the weight of the other two felt like nothing to him. He soared above the castle, as he saw the lanterns being held by two figures walking down the hallway. Harry flew across the way towards the Gryffindor Tower as fast as he thought he could go without freaking Hermione out. She was obviously scared of heights by the way her nails were piercing Harry's skin. Ron, on the other had, was amazed.

"I've never went this fast while flying before! This kicks ass compared to a silly broom!" Shouted Ron. He got no response from Harry or Hermione. They reached the window that Harry left open to come back through but it was closed. "Great, now how do we get back in!?"

Harry thought to himself quickly, "Hermione!? Do you know a spell to repair glass? Like the day you fixed my glasses?"

Hermione opened her eyes briefly, then shut them as soon as she saw she was in the air still, "I-I think so, I've never tried anything more than your glasses."

"Well, you are about to have your chance then," he said as he look at the window.

"Oh no," Ron said. Harry floated back a few more feet and flew towards the window giving it a kick. The force was enough to shatter the glass into several shards all across the empty common room. The sound was loud and it was for certain that others in the tower heard it as well. Harry helped Ron and Hermione climbed into the common room and flew in afterwards.

"Quickly Hermione, repair this window," Harry said.

"Stand Back," said Hermione as she pulled out her wand. "Fenestra Reparo!" The glass flew back into one whole piece that sat into the windowsill.

Footsteps came from the stairs leading up to the dorms, the tower door opened up at the other end of the room, "What do we do now!?" cried Ron.

Harry couldn't chance the same feat that he pulled in Hagrid's hut, the ceiling was too open and people would notice as the torches went brighter. Percy entered the common room in his pajamas, "What is going on in here?"

Not too long afterwards, the three Gryffindors along with Malfoy were in McGonagall's office. Malfoy was smiling as he had gotten the famous Harry Potter in trouble.

"I am ashamed that you three were up out of bed after bedtime. You being fully dressed even makes the things seem true to what Mr. Malfoy has said. Fifty points will be deducted from Gryffindor."

All three of the Gryffindors looked up in shock as the head of their house just took away points. "Fifty!?" said Ron.

"Each," continued McGonagall. "And all four of you will be receiving detention."

Malfoy's smile disappeared briefly, "I think I misheard you Professor. Did you say all four of us?"

"Yes Mr. Malfoy. Even though your actions were noble, you were still out of bed after bedtime."

Malfoy's smile became a sneer towards Harry as the two exchanged looks. Harry smirked back at Malfoy.

"Now, all of you go to your dorms. Next time I catch you out of bed, you won't be so lucky."

The four left the office, a high tension followed as Malfoy got into Harry's face.

"I bet you thought that was funny, didn't you Potter." Malfoy said angrily as he approached Harry.

"No Malfoy," replied Harry, "I thought it was hilarious."

"Yeah, especially the part were I almost saw a tear run down your cheek," added Ron.

Malfoy gave a cold glare at Ron before turning back his attention to Harry. "I'll get you back for this." He left towards the Slytherin Tower as the rest continued on back to the Gryffindor Tower. Hermione was almost in tears most of the way. The thought of making Gryffindor loose 150 points in a single night was overwhelming to her. Hermione sat on the common room couch as soon as they entered. Ron already went up to bed. Harry, feeling bad for upsetting Hermione, stayed behind to hopefully cheer her up.

"Hey, Hermione.uhhh." stuttered Harry. Something happened to his vocal chords, as if there was a vice grip on them. "I'm sorry."

She turned away from him as a tear fell on her hand, "You should be. I told you but you didn't listen to me. No one listens to Hermione. Ugly, bucktooth, bookworm, Hermione that has no friends."

"First off, you are none of those things. You are not ugly, your teeth are that big, you are intelligent and care on what marks you get that is why you spend time studying mostly. As for no friends, that isn't true. If you are still thinking about what Ron said the other day, then it must have been another Hermione that me and Ron fought a troll for."

Hermione turned back to Harry, tears slowly coming to a stop and a smile forming. "Look Mione, I know you warned us and I didn't listen, but I had to go. If you were in my shoes, you would have to do the same. I need to know who I am."

"I know, Harry. I'm sorry its just that. I want to win the House Cup this year so we can beat Slytherin."

"Points are points. We'll get them back, we've got most of the year left."

"I know." She sniffled.

"Come on, its getting late. I need to get to bed since I have Quidditch practice tomorrow."

The two went up the stairs. Hermione turned and gave Harry a big hug. "Thank you," she said to him as she scurried off to her dorm. Harry walked up his steps to his room. He had a big day a head of him, and he hoped that he could hide the fact that he didn't need a broom to fly.