Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Z and the Sorcerer's Stone ❯ Father's Pride and a Son's loss ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Author's Note: For the best way to feel the way Gohan/Harry feels later in the chapter. Download and listen a song called "Wreath of Barbs by a band called Wumpscut.)

Father's Pride and a Son's loss

Harry quickly noticed that the figure was his reflection of a mirror. The room appeared to be an old classroom that was made into a storage room. Years and years of dust and cobwebs covered all the old desks and chairs within the room. Harry approached the mirror and saw that it was partially covered by a tarp that has been decaying over the years. He removed the tarp and dust flew into the air. The mirror was actually very elegant, with the words, "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi," etched on the top.

Harry looked at the image in the mirror and saw someone walking in, he quickly turned around to see that there was no one else in the room. When he looked back into the mirror the figure was walking closer to him, until it got right in behind him and its face was revealed in the dim light.

Harry said with tears starting to flow from his eyes. The man behind him was wearing an orange gi with a blue undershirt. His hair was standing up and to the side on one side and laying down on the other.

"F-F-Father?"

"Yes son, it's me," said Goku but without his lips moving in the mirror. Harry quickly turned around again to see if his father was truly there but he wasn't. He turned back to see his father over him, smiling. "I just wanted this chance to say how much I am proud of you, my son. We are all proud of you."

An image of Harry's mother appeared, smiling with her hands together next to her chin and a tear in her eye. She disappeared only to reveal another image of a woman with blue hair smiling upon Harry as well. Then a short bald headed man, a huge man with a bushy beard, a man with black hair and scars on his face, a bald man with a third eye along side a short childlike person with white skin, and then an old fellow with sunglasses and a turtle shell. The all of the images disappeared, one after another, leaving Goku behind.

"Gohan, I am so proud of you. I wish I could be there to see how strong you are getting. I know you are going through a tough time, and I am sorry I cannot be there for you physically. I will always be there for you in spirit."

Goku placed his hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry reached up and felt nothing but the air. His tears came across his cheek more rapidly.

"Everything will be alright, my son. I'll be waiting for the day you and I will meet again. Until thing you take care of things on Earth."

Goku turned and began to walk towards the door, Harry reached out and placed his hand upon the mirror, "P-p-please dad.. Don't go," he cried out.

Goku got to the doorway and turned back to Harry. "I love you, my son."

Goku vanished, leaving Harry alone in the mirror and in the real world. Harry fell to his knees and began to cry. "Why..why couldn't have I been stronger..why couldn't have I saved you."

Harry felt the rage increase throughout his body, it was fueling him. "Why couldn't I have done something.."

"Harry," said an elderly voice from behind. Harry turned to see Dumbledore with Vegeta behind him. Dumbledore came up to Harry and placed his arm around him. "It's okay my boy. It's okay." Harry cried in the old man's arms. Dumbledore escorted out of the room while Vegeta stayed and approached the mirror.

"Kakarrot." he said has he glared into the mirror.

Dumbledore escorted Harry back into the tower. "Go on and get some sleep. In the morning, I will summon you and have a talk."

Harry nodded with his head down, tears still flowing. He entered the tower and walked up to his room. Ron was already asleep and Harry didn't bother changing into his night cloths.

(Begin Song, listen to all of it and imagine you in his shoes)

He sat next to the window, not cry yet tear still flowing. His father's words echoing in his mind. He looked into the moon and saw his father's face, along with his mother's smiling back at him. Harry got up and leaped out the windowsill. He flew to the clearing where he was supposed to meet Piccolo but cancelled this night's meeting. He sat on a broken tree covered in the newly laid snow. His mind kept on repeating what he saw and heard.

The next morning, he walked onto the courtyard with his owl Icarus. He let him go and fly free above the castle as he sat and stared at the frozen fountain and the frost covered statue.

"I will make you even more proud, Dad. I won't let Voldermort cause anymore pain while I live," he said to himself.

(End song, short sequence but if you imagine it properly, it should have lasted the whole time.)

"Harry," called Dumbledore from under terrace that led back into the castle. Harry got up and walked over to Dumbledore. Icarus flew onto Harry's arm before reaching the old wizard. "Let's go have that chat I said we would have."

Harry sent Icarus back to the Owlery and followed Dumbledore back to his office. There sat two cups of hot chocolate in the small library part of his office. The two sat down and Dumbledore began to speak.

"Harry, last night in the basement, I am uncertain what you have seen in the Mirror or Erised but I must tell you first, not to go looking for it again."

"I'm sorry professor," apologized Harry before he sipped his cup.

"It's okay," said the old man. "Harry, that mirror, as you know, isn't an ordinary mirror. It's a mirror that shows your deepest desires of your heart."

"So you are saying that the vision's that I saw weren't real, just illusions from a mirror, just lies." Harry said with anger raising in his voice.

"Yes, I'm sorry."

"I don't believe that!" Harry yelled angrily.

"Harry."

"You want to know what I saw! I saw what family and friends I lost because of that bastard, Voldermort. I saw them for the first time smiling upon me! I shouldn't have to look in some enchanted mirror to see their face. I shouldn't have to know their faces only because I remember seeing them get murdered in front of me! They should still be alive and because I was too weak to protect them, the are dead. They are dead because of me. I won't make that mistake again. I won't have anyone else's blood on my hands, and damn you for hiding me from what I am."

"Harry.please understand that we only tried to protect you from."

"Protect me? How is hiding me with normal humans going to protect me? I am not a wizard, I don't even know what I am. All I do know is, that being here will do nothing for me but hinder me." Harry got up from his seat and walked to the door. He turned back towards the old man, "after this term, I am leaving."

"Harry." said Dumbledore as he stood up. "I am sorry."

Harry turned back his face, once again covered in tears and looked at the old man. He turned back to the door and walked out. Dumbledore sat back down in his chair and finished his hot chocolate.