Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts together worlds apart ❯ chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN:- Training continues.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ!
 
Hearts Together Worlds Apart
Chapter 10: Training hurts.
 
We sat on the now dry grass in the garden. I was recovering from a few spars. Trunks raised a hand in front of me.
 
“Hold on. No more spars for a while.” He said. He started browsing through some capsules. He found one and opened it on the ground.
 
“Trunks no!” Goten called. Trunks ignored him. On the ground was a small lump of black…it looked like metal. “Trunks NO!!!”
 
“What?” I asked.
 
“This is the strongest metal in the universe.” Trunks said. I went over to it.
 
“Ka-ching?” I asked. Trunks shook his head.
 
“No. This was recently discovered. It is so heavy that only one has ever been able to lift this much.” Goten said. “My dad. At super saiyan four.” I prodded the metal lump.
 
“It's tiny.” I murmured. “Not even the size of a tennis ball. Could something this small really be so heavy?”
 
“Try lifting it.” Trunks said.
 
“Trunks leave her!” Goten called to him. I put my hand around it and tried to lift it. Nothing. Trunks chucked from behind me. “Jesse. I can't lift it. Trunks can't lift it so he can shut up. Only one person in the universe can…make that two…” Mean while I had gradually lifted it into my hands.
 
“It's so smooth…” I whispered. “It's like silk…” the weight of it began to grow on me and I dropped it. “Gods…that is heavy.”
 
“H-how did you just pick it up?” Goten stammered. Trunks smiled and came and placed a hand on his shoulder.
 
“And you were saying.” He said. “Jesse. When I laughed what did you do?”
 
“Er…nothing?” I seemed to ask more than reply.
 
“No not to me.”
 
“Er…I just felt more determined to prove you two wrong.” I said. “OOOOhhhhhhh!” I said slowly understanding. Trunks grinned evilly.
 
“Yes. Oh.” He said. I decided to pick it up again. I lifted it and tossed it from one hand to the other. Then I threw it. It went over the electric wires and disappeared into the distant sky.
 
“Can we do that again?” I asked. Trunks found another capsule. He opened it. There sat another piece of metal. This time slightly larger.
 
“Try this one.” He said. I went over to it and lifted it. It was heavier than the last one and I could barely hold it.
 
“Ouch! It's going to rip my hands off!” I screamed dropping it. Trunks came up behind me.
 
“Then go super.” He whispered in my ear. I shivered at the breath tickling my skin. I turned to face him.
 
“I can't.”
 
“You have.”
 
“But not intentionally.”
 
“It doesn't matter.”
 
“Why are we whispering?”
 
“Just try.” I closed my eyes and drew out my power. Then I forced it out every bit I could I forced it out. I watched my hands flash in golden light but then I fell to my knees.
 
“What are you doing Trunks?! Are you trying to kill her?!” Goten yelled hurrying over to me. I forced myself to me feet.
 
“I'm fine!” I snapped at Goten. “I'll get it!” `I had to…' I tried again and the same thing happened. I got up again and tried again. This time I screamed like they do and felt the power nearly at my disposal and then I fell down again. “I have to get it!!!” I yelled. Goten put a hand on my shoulder.
 
“Calm down. Just give it a rest for now.” He said. I shoved him away and stood up again.
 
“I have to get it!!!” I yelled. I forced myself to try again but I didn't even get as far as the first time before falling down again. I felt tears coming and ignored them. “I'm going to get it!!!” I yelled defiantly. I stood up again and tried again. Goten was tugging at my arms trying to get me to stop and Trunks was just standing there watching. I screamed again this time in pain. Trunks stepped forward and stopped me while I was down.
 
“That's enough now.” He said. “You're working yourself up.” I ignored him and tried to stand again. Him and Goten grabbed at me. I hit them over and over screaming and shouting.
 
“I have to get it!!!” I screamed. “I just have to! We're running out of time I have to get this right!!!” I continued to scream but I wasn't get anywhere. I felt my rage turning to sadness and my screams to sobs. I knelt on the grass and thumped my fists against it. “Why can't I get it right? I never get anything right. I'm supposed to be a saiyan. I need to get this right.” Goten and Trunks hugged me in a group hug.
 
“You are getting it.” Goten said. “Trunks shouldn't have told you to try yet. You will get there.”
 
“No. Trunks was right to tell me to try.” I said. “Now I know how much work I still have to do.” Trunks and Goten helped me inside. My mum saw us and ran towards us.
 
“What the hell has been going on?!” she demanded. She looked at me. “If this is what's going to happen you're not going to be doing any more training.”
 
“It was my fault.” Trunks said. “I suggested her trying something I should have know that she wasn't ready for.” My mum looked him up and down and the Goten.
 
“You two don't exactly look healthy either. She may be more exhausted but you two look worse for wear…all bleeding and bruised and dirty…what is wrong with boys today.”
 
“Blame your daughter.” Goten muttered.
 
“Don't shift the blame.”
 
“But it was me mum. We were sparring.” I said. “Don't blame them and don't blame me just leave it.” We went upstairs to the bathroom and I got out the first aid things. I got a drink of water and then I started treating Trunks and Goten.
 
“We're fine.” They protested. “We can manage.”
 
“You forget that we're going to be sparring everyday so we need to just make sure you're in perfect health.” I said. They groaned. “Does that mean I'm stronger than you?”
 
“When it comes to not being super saiyan yes.” Trunks said. “Tomorrow we fight with Goten and I super saiyan and you normal and I think you'll still beat us.”