Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Am ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so, the game of hide-and-seek began. I knew that we had won when he started to avoid us. Foolish brat. Wherever he ran in that derelict building, one of us was right behind him. Or in front of him, depending on which part of the building we were in. I glanced at my sister for a moment then narrowed my eyes.

"Let's flush him out and finish this. He's not going to last much longer," I said and she nodded her head.

"Right. Why do you think he came in here? He wanted to get his strength back," she said and I nodded my head.

"Like it matters. He can't beat us with strength. If he has any, that is."

"Let him have his fun trying. Then when we get tired of it, we'll blast him."

"All right. You wanna go first this time?"

"I don't think it matters who goes first. We're going to exterminate that pest one way or another."

"True. This planet is certainly running out of excitement quickly. We'll have to get rid of it soon," I yawned.

"What will we do after that?" she asked.

"Find another place that has stronger inhabitants. What else?"

"Let's hurry up then. I want a REAL challenge."

"There he is, the little punk. Tried to run away from us, didn't you?" Eighteen asked and Trunks stared at her. "How about we get you out in the open?"

I watched the building explode outward and the kid fall to the decrepit street in front of it. He wiped his mouth and stood up, his body clearly in pain. Stupid kid, I thought as I watched him. He's idiotic just like his old man. At least he isn't as insufferable. To think that old man dared to approach us. Sure he was impressive with his flashy hair and light attacks but our strength was more.

"I won't forgive any of you for what you've done!" the kid cried and I folded my arms.

"Whatever. Why don't you just give up now and go home crying?"

He ran towards me and I kicked him. The fight was definitely leaving him. He fell onto the ground and his hair changed back to normal. Eighteen folded her arms and sniffed.

"Another faker. Why are there so many people out there that try to copy me?" she asked as she raised her hand.

"Let's just leave him there. He's not worth it. Besides, if he does survive this, we still have a playmate," I said. "We don't want to lose our only source of fun, do we?"
*****************************************
"What are you doing?" I asked as Eighteen shuffled through the pages I had already written.

"You are such an idiot," she said as she stopped at a page. "Look. You've got this wrong. Piccolo came BEFORE Vegeta. Why are you even writing this stupid thing anyway? It's not like people are going to read it," she said and I glared at her. Why does she constantly have to mock me?

"Shut up. Great. Now you've made me lose my spot. Why do you have to get like this?"

"You're such a kid, you know that, Seventeen? You're just telling everyone your fantasy."

"I'm trying to document what actually happened."

"Not when you write deaths out of context like that. Come on, we were both there. It was the Namek that went first."

"It was Vegeta. Who else would have the stupidity to approach us and demand a fight?"

"Piccolo."

"Vegeta," I replied and Eighteen's eyes narrowed.

"Piccolo," she said and I folded my arms.

"Vegeta!"

"Fine Seventeen. Keep it as Vegeta. No one's going to read this anyway. My god, what a waste of time this is. Do you realize I could be out shopping instead of being stuck here, making sure you don't screw up?"

"I never asked for your help to begin with. This is MY account and I'm doing it MY way."

"One problem with that. We both share most of the credit. I mean, I was the one that blew that purple-haired brat away."

"Well I was the one who killed Gohan. I can't believe he tried to stop us with only one arm. What was he thinking?"

"I think he knew he was going to die. Animals faced with death usually go out and meet it instead of running away like cowards. My clothes got wet that day, though. I know the thunderstorm added a bit of drama to that death, but why did it have to rain on me?" Eighteen asked and I looked at her.

"Must you always go on about your clothes? I swear, you don't know how dull that gets," she said and she folded her arms in annoyance.

"And watching you blast buildings is a field trip?"

"I let you have your fun, didn't I?"

"All right, let's not argue about the past. What happened to that pest after I blasted him? I'm a little confused on that point."

"Well, dear sister, it took some research, but I'm able to tell you EXACTLY what happened. If you'll stop interrupting, that is."

"All right Seventeen. I'll be quiet. I should humor you for awhile anyway. What did you find out?"
************************************************************************
In the back room of the Capsule Corporation, an exchange was taking place.

"Oh come on now, Seventeen. Can't you do better than that?" Eighteen asked and I glared at her.

"Do you realize how annoying you are?" I asked and she thought for a moment.

"No. I have no idea what you're talking about. You're not going to leave it like that, are you?"

"Do you think you could do better?"

"I'm not the one writing it. I don't want to interfere with your great narration."

"Shut up," I said.

"Well it's true," she replied and I glared at her.

"Look, all I want to do is get this down. Is that too much to ask?"

"I suppose it isn't."

"Okay then."

In a back room of the Capsule Corporation, amongst wires and switches governed by electricity, an exchange between mother and son was taking place.

"Better," Eighteen said and I glared at her.

"Shut up," I said and continued typing.

Bulma produced a capsule and handed it to her son. Trunks took it and placed it in his pocket. He hugged his mother lovingly then climbed into the machine that she had spent numerous days and nights making. He waved at his mother then pressed a few buttons and disappeared.

"Okay that sounds kinda stupid," Eighteen said and I looked at her.

"I don't know much about his departure," I replied and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Why don't you make something up like you have been doing?"

"I have not been making things up!"

"Yes you have. Piccolo was the first to go."

"It was Vegeta!"

"No it wasn't," Eighteen said and I glared at her.

"Would you shut up?" I asked and she looked at me with a strange emotion on her face.

"Seventeen, you should know better than to say something like that," Eighteen said and I looked at her.

"Look, you're getting annoying, all right?" I asked.

"I see. You know, I could easily destroy that story you've worked so hard on."

"You wouldn't!"

"Apologize then."

"Why should I? You don't even know who died first."

"Seventeen, I know I'm right. You're the one that's wrong."

"Look, I'd like to finish this so do you think it's possible for you to keep quiet?"

"All right. I suppose I can blow it up once it's completed. So what happened after the kid took off?"

"He went back," I replied and she looked at me

"Back where?" she asked.

"In the past. It was a time machine that he took, you know."

"So why did he go back?"

"To save Goku."

"What?"

"Eighteen, Goku died of a heart disease, remember?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So Vegeta's brat took the cure back to him in the past."

"So he wouldn't die."

"Right. But there was someone he didn't account on being there."

"Who was that?" she asked and I sighed. Why couldn't she just leave me alone?

"Frieza," I replied.

"Frieza? I thought Goku killed him."

"No. Apparently Goku didn't have the heart to kill him. Frieza was reborn and went to earth to kill Goku for humiliating him but someone got there first."

"The shorts kid. Why do you think they named him that anyway? Makes you kinda wonder about what he's got, doesn't it? " she asked. There was a silence as what she said seeped into my consciousness. I stared at her for a moment then turned away.

"It's because of his last name," I replied as Eighteen wrapped a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Yeah, but what's with it? It's almost like a fetish or something. Think about it. Briefs, Bulma, Trunks..."

"I don't know and I don't care. Do you want to know what happened or not?"

"You told me. He killed Frieza and gave the heart medicine to Goku. Didn't he come back to this time after that?"

"Yeah and by that time Cell had absorbed enough extract to walk on two feet. All that was left in his twisted quest was chasing us and sucking us in."

"Seventeen, do you have to say it like that? I mean, the memory of it is bad enough without you being so graphic."

"I wasn't being all that graphic. I wasn't explaining how we became helpless pawns within the inner-workings of his cold, rough body."

"Would you stop that? I don't want to remember that horrible time," she said and shuddered.

"And you were the last to get sucked in, weren't you? Imagine how I felt, being uplifted from the ground like I was a piece of dirt and Cell was the vacuum," I said and she shook off her fear of that terrible time.

"At least you describe yourself well, Seventeen. I never should have been absorbed. I was too beautiful."

"That's a matter of opinion."

"All right, Seventeen. Get on with your story before I decide to kill you."

"Well, the kid came back to his own time and by then Cell was already roaming the earth sucking people in with that appendage of his. The kid thought he caused this new destruction and went back in time to warn people again of the destruction. But this time was different."

"How?" Eighteen asked.

"Cell was with him. He was small enough to fit in the time machine and he was able to absorb lots of people before we ever showed up to have some fun," I replied and Eighteen folded her arms in disgust.

"Impatient, wasn't he? We had been created first. He should have let us have fun."

"He did...for awhile. Then he came after us."

"Can we stop with this? I'm getting shivers just thinking about it."

"Well you can always leave. I still have a lot to write and it might be too sickening for you," I said and she shook her head.

"Not likely. I know you. If I leave, you're going to mess it all up. Plus, I don't want you to be overly graphic when Cell...ingested me," she replied and made a face.

"Actually, I will need your help with that. I wasn't physically there when that happened. I was inside Cell, if you remember."

"I don't want to write that part down."

"Maybe we should get help, then."

"From who?" Eighteen asked and I looked at her.

"Well Cell wasn't the only one there when it happened. There was that short guy too. The one that tried to kill you."

"Krillin? What about him?" Eighteen asked and I sighed. Couldn't she figure it out for herself?

"He was there. We'll just have him describe it."

"Seventeen, we don't have to do that. Can't we just omit that part?"

"Hey if I have to tell about my absorption, then you have to as well. It's not fair otherwise."

"Oh fine. I'll tell you. I don't want you to go and ask Krillin. I'm sure he doesn't like to think about it either. Hey, why don't you just ask Sixteen?"

"Because I don't know where he is," I replied and Eighteen rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god, Seventeen. You know, you can go out and look for him. It's not like he's hard to find," she said and I glared at her.

"You go look for him then."

"Why should I look for him?"

"It was your idea."

"I think I will go. At least it'll be a lot more interesting than hanging around here."

I swear, my sister can get so annoying at times. Why the hell did you have to create her anyway, Gero? Wasn't I enough for you? And then, then you made him, You mocked us right there, Gero. I remember it well. We had come into your lab and I mocked you about spending too much time tinkering with your little computer. You glared back at us and said that your next creation was going to be your greatest achievement. Come on, Gero. I was your greatest achievement. I mean look at me. Long black hair, good taste in clothes, a perfect body....

But no. No. Your other creation lived on even though we destroyed you and your pathetic laboratory. It crawled on while Eighteen and I were destroying earth until it found its way to the time machine and went back in time to swallow us up just like you said it would. One thing you didn't count on, Gero was that your greatest creation was capable of being destroyed and although I was in that disgusting creature's gut the entire time, I managed to get reborn thanks to that short bald headed guy and his wish.

I was reborn without explosives, but that's an easy thing to overcome. I can equip myself quite readily with explosives. But I'm getting ahead of myself and my story. Also, I am not making any of this up Eighteen!!! Now where was I? Ah yes. The destruction of Frieza. I know that's a little before my time, but it's an important part so I must put it into my story.