Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Still in Love With You ❯ I'm Still in Love With You ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note pt. 1: I have been listening to Fantasia's song, “Truth Is” and I have been inspired to write this fic. I could have done this with a few other characters, but I think it fit Maron and Krillin much better. Oh well, enjoy this one shot song fic.
I'm Still in Love with You
It was windy in Downtown Satan City. The streets were filled with shoppers and it made it pretty difficult to window shop, one of Maron's favorite things to do on a Saturday afternoon. She sighed and finally gave up. She wanted to stand in front of the window of Victoria Secret to pick out a few pieces that she wanted to model for an upcoming fashion show. She could have strolled in, and requested the pieces, but she didn't feel like being made a fuss over and besides it would ruin her weekend ritual. Maron was a top runway model and has been since she moved away from Satan City a year ago. She just recently moved back because Satan City was becoming one of the main fashion capitals of the world.
Feeling defeated, Maron decided to treat herself to a guilty pleasure. A strawberry and crème frapuchino from Starbucks. These always put her in a better mood. When she walked in, she immediately got in line and looked around. Starbucks was filled with chattering people. She wondered why it was so crowded, seeing that Satan City was the new home of 15. There was like a Starbucks on every corner. Literally. Turning her attention back to the line, she noticed that she was next and the cashier was looking annoyed.
“Hello!” she said bubbly. “What's wrong?”
“I've been trying to get your attention for five minutes. I have other customers waiting you know.”
Maron blushed from embarrassment. She hated when she spaced out and acted ditzy. On another note, the cashier was a bit rude. Especially since she was a famous model. She then remembered that she was sporting a disguise so that people wouldn't notice her and she giggled to herself.
After she paid her money and picked up her strawberry delight, she faintly heard her name in the crowd and ignored it at first, but when she heard it again, she turned around and put a face with the voice and was shocked.
It was Krillin.
Krillin. Her first boyfriend ever. He was one of the main reasons why she left Satan City. He seemed to be more interested in fighting and saving the world than her. She wanted to marry him but he seemed to busy so she broke up with him and skipped town. It seemed like a good idea at the time, especially since she did become successful in the process, but she often thought about him and wondered how he was doing. This was a good opportunity to find out. She fought her way through the crowd and reached his table. He was sporting his famous handsome smile and he had….hair. A head full of hair.
“Hiya Maron!” Krillin said as he stood up to hug the taller beauty. She hugged him back and he pulled a chair out for her to sit. He was always a gentleman.
“Thanks,” Maron said as she sat down. “So, how have you been?”
“Oh, I've been good. I've had a chance to rest a lot these days.”
“Oh really? Have you been fighting lately?”
“No, that's why I've been resting. I'm done with fighting. Cell has been defeated so there's no need to me to fight anymore.”
“Cell? Oh! That big green ugly guy who used to always wear the turban right?”
“No..that's Piccolo. I forgot you weren't around during the cell games. It was all over T.V.”
“Oh, I mist have missed that series. Was it good? I hate missing a good T.V. show.”
Krillin sat speechless for a moment. He also forgot how simple minded his ex was. “So, anyway, how has life been treating you these days Maron?”
Maron mentally slapped herself for acting ditzy again. Why couldn't she just say that she didn't know what he was talking about? “It's been wonderful. I'm a Victoria Secret model now and I am having a show soon. You should come, it's going to be really nice.” She reached in her purse and grabbed two V.I.P. passes and handed them to him.
“Thanks.” Krillin said as he reached across the table and grabbed the tickets from her. “I'm not sure if this is something my fiancée would be interested in, but I'll run it by her.”
Then Maron suddenly got quiet. Fiancée? Krillin has a fiancée'? When did this happen how did this happen? She would have thought that he would never get married.
Krillin noticed her silence and also noticed that she spaced out for a moment. “Maron? Are you ok? Why are you staring?”
“What? Huh? Oh. I was just noticing our hair. I thought you were naturally bald.” She lied.
Krillin laughed and put his hand behind his head. “Yeah, I know. I grew it out after I stopped fighting. Why? You don't like it?”
“Oh no. It's nothing like that. It looks nice actually. Makes you look more mature.” Maron took a sip of her frappichuno and decided to ask since it was bothering her. “So, you're engaged?”
“Yeah!” Krillin perked. “It was weird. I actually met her while we were fighting Cell. It's a complicated story and I know you don't want to hear all of it, but she's actually pretty sweet. Here, I'll show you a picture.” Krillin reached in his pocket and grabbed his wallet. He flipped to her picture and slid it over to Maron.
Maron looked the picture over and frowned to herself. This woman was pretty, but she wasn't her. The woman was a blonde with icy blue eyes. She didn't look like Krillin's type at all. She thought that he was attracted to the model type. Maron was 5'9, slim with a nice shape and long blue hair. This woman looked shorter and her hair was short too. “She's cute.” Maron said emotionless.
Krillin laughed outright. “Well you don't have to sound so excited.” Then he realized that women get kinda jealous when you mention any type of new interest, so he thought he would ask her about her love interest.”
“So, how are you and…” He paused for thought. He never knew the guy's name that she left him for. “Forgive me. I don't remember his name, but I think he was a surfer, or a beach nut or something.”
Maron thought about it. Honestly she didn't remember his name either. She was so beautiful that she had guys flocking to her almost all the time. It wasn't that she didn't remember this guy because she picked this guy right after she broke up with Krillin to make him jealous after they broke up, she just never caught his name.
“Oh him. We broke up right after I saw you the last time.”
“Wow, so that was no time huh?”
“Yeah. I'm not seeing anyone at the moment though.”
“I'm surprised.”
“Why?” Maron was curious.
“Because you're so beautiful. I'm surprised a guy isn't trying to fight me for you're attention right now”
Maron blushed at this. He was always so nice to her when he actually was around. He stomach started knotting up, the same way it used to when she and Krillin were together. She loved him so much back then, but she just could go on loving him without him loving her the same way. It was then that she decided to ask.
“Krillin, what happened between us? I mean back then. I thought we were happy.”
Krillin couldn't hide the look of shock on his face. What would make her bring that up after so many years?
“Well, I don't really know. I remember I was training for the Androids and then one day I was coming to see you to…” he trailed off, but decided to leave out his last statement. “…but you broke it off and ran off with another guy.”
Maron propped her chin up on her palm. “Only because you wouldn't commit to me. Oh Krillin, we were together for so long but you never really paid any attention to me. I had to get my attention from someone.”
Krillin gave her a sad smile and finally felt the need to come clean. The only person to know of his humiliation of love was Gohan. It was time that he let go of the past so that he could look towards his future with 18.
“But, Maron. You never paid any attention to me. I tried to spend as much time with you as I possibly could, but you always ran off with a different guy. I tried to ignore it, but I just couldn't. I was even going to propose to you the same day you broke up with me and ran off with that guy.”
Maron's jaw dropped. Did she hear him right? “So, you were going to marry…me?”
“Well, yeah. I mean you were my girlfriend and I thought the world of you, so why wouldn't I?
She couldn't speak. What the hell did she do all those years ago? She was so close to the lifetime commitment that she wanted and blew it off within a matter of minutes. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. She just couldn't believe it.
“I guess it was a good thing though because if we would have stayed together you wouldn't have become as successful as you are and I wouldn't have found the love of my life, 18.”
Maron was confused. “18?”
“Yeah, my Fiancée.”
“Oh.” Maron said simply, staring off into space. “So, when are you getting married?” Why in the hell was she asking that?
“Tomorrow actually. We're getting married at Orange Star Chapel at noon. I guess she's excited. As excited as an Android can be I guess.
“Does she love you, Krillin?” Maron asked seriously.
“Yes,” Krillin said with a huge grin. “She loves me. I knew it from the first time we met. And I knew that I loved her then as well. I can't imagine my life without her.”
Now it was Maron's turn to give a sad smile, but she quickly covered it up by giving one of those fake million dollar smiles that was taught to her by the modeling industry. “That's wonderful Krillin.”
Krillin looked down at his watch. “Ooh! I've got to get going. I'm late for my wedding rehearsal. I was really mice seeing you again, Maron and I hope that we can stay in touch.” Krillin stood up and Maron followed and he gave her a friendly hug. “Don't be a stranger, you know where to find me if you ever need me. We'll always be friends.”
Maron stayed silent and when he pulled away, she waved goodbye. What an interesting meeting this turned out to be.
Maron walked around Downtown for a few more hours by herself. She couldn't stop thinking about her day. How ironic was it for her to see Krillin today? She hadn't seen him in so long, and her he shows up out of the blue. Then she learned that he did in fact love her and that he was planning to marry her. How could she be so blind and not notice the signs? She thought he wasn't thinking of her at all during those times, but years later she finds out that she was all he could ever think about. It wasn't fair that this new woman was going to get everything she wanted and deserved. She deserved Krillin and she wanted him. It was then, after almost 3 years she realized….
She was still in love with him.
But there was nothing that she could do now. He was getting married tomorrow of all days. She couldn't tell him how she felt. Could she? Was it too late? She wasn't going to think anymore. She already knew what to do.
`Ran into an old friend yesterday
Caught me by surprise when he called my name
He was a familiar face, from a chapter in my past
Talked for a while, I smiled and then
Said that he was seeing somebody and
Told me this was gonna last
Showing me her photograph…
And all the feelings I thought were gone
Came rushing back to me at once
Tried to smile and hide the way I felt
But I was thinking to myself
(Truth is I never got over you

(Truth is) Wish I was standing in her shoes
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done

Guess I'm still I love with you

(Truth is) I never should have let you go
(Truth is) And it's killing me cuz now I know
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done

Guess I'm still I love with you…'
It was raining the day of the wedding. Maron sat in the cab still a little unsure about what she was doing. Did she really want to go through with this? Did she just want to turn back and go home?
“Where to, Miss?” The cab driver said, looking over his shoulder at the blue haired beauty.
She hesitated for a moment before she finally made up her mind.
“Orange Star Chapel. Please.” She breathed. IT was her only choice.
`We reminisce on the way things used to be
Shed a couple laughs, shed some memories
Talked about the things that changed
Some for good and some for bad
Then he said good-bye and he paid for brunch
Promised that we'd always keep in touch
Grabbed my bags and grabbed my furs, walked away and that was that
And all the feelings I thought were gone
Came rushing back to me at once
Tried to smile and hide the way I felt
But I was thinking to myself

(Truth is) I never got over you
(Truth is) Wish I was standing in her shoes
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done

Guess I'm still I love with you

(Truth is) I never should have let you go
(Truth is) And it's killing me cuz now I know
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done

Guess I'm still I love with you…
She paid the cab driver and stepped out of the cab. He let her off across the street from the Chapel and she stood out there under her Burberry umbrella. It was now or never. She had it all planned out. She would burst into the wedding and tell Krillin how she really felt. He would tell her that he still loved her as well, and then the rest would be history. Just like in the movies. As she started to walk across the street, a few guests walked in and held the open and it showed the wedding party lined up. She caught a good look of the bride and the two women who she used to call “old hags”, Bulma and Chi-Chi. They were making a fuss over her dress and they were getting her ready before they took their walk down the aisle. The woman appeared to be smiling and she looked genuinely happy. Then a pained feeling washed over her.
This was wrong. All wrong. She couldn't ruin this wedding. She remembered some of the things that Krillin said to her the day before. He said that he couldn't live without 18. Not her, but 18. All this was her fault. If she wasn't so loose and insecure back then, then she would probably be standing there in that wedding dress instead of her. It wasn't fair, but she had to face reality. Their time has come and gone. All she needed to be was a little more patient and more observant, then this would have probably been the best day of her life instead of it being the worse day of all time.
Maron inhaled and exhaled slowly as the doors to the Chapel closed. A single tear rolled down her already red cheeks and she blew a light kiss towards the direction of the wedding.
“I love you Krillin. I'm so sorry it took me so long to realize it. Now it's too late. I hope you're happy and we'll always be friends. Always.”
With that, Maron decided to walk back to her apartment with a heavy heart and an open mind.
Now the truth is it hurts but I know that the fault mines
'Cuz I let him go
Tried to get over it but it's messed up `cause he's not mine
(Truth is I never got over you
(Truth is) Wish I was standing in her shoes
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done
Guess I'm still I love with you
(Truth is) I never should have let you go
(Truth is) And it's killing me cuz now I know
(Truth is) And when it's all said and done…

Guess I'm still I love with you…

Author's Note Pt.2: Ok, so how was it? Did you like it? I know it might be a bit sad, but I'm not in the best of moods today. Anyhoo, please review. I love to know what you guys think. And I don't think there is another story like this out there, so all the more reason for you to review :) And while you're at it, read and review This Summer! I just updated and I need reviews people! Have a good weekend.
SP