Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Want To Be In Love ❯ I Deserve Just a Little More ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: For my personal amusement, I have altered the DBZ timeline…I won't go into much detail, since you'll probably pick it out anyways.)

The house was silent when Vegeta returned to Capsule Corp. Much too quiet for the Saiyajin Prince. But because of his exhaustion from the past few weeks, Vegeta did not start yelling. The Cell Games had ended less than six months ago, when Goku sacrificed himself and Gohan had destroyed the evil android. The past six months had been spent training, obsessing over the idea of becoming not stronger than Goku, but Gohan.

Vegeta quietly made his way up the stairs, hoping to find Trunks asleep in his bed and Bulma waiting up for him. Sure enough, the tiny toddler was asleep in his crib, a small smile gracing the child's features as he slept. Vegeta let himself smile at the sight of his son, something he never did when others were around. He then turned and left the nursery, and made his way to the master bedroom, where he prayed that his mate would be.

He frowned when he found that Bulma was not in bed, or anywhere in the room. Vegeta frowned as he stared at the empty room, wondering where she could be. The sound of the shower running in the bathroom across the hall captured his attention, and he smirked when he realized that Bulma would most likely be in there. A strange light flashed in the Saiyajin's eyes as pulled his shirt over his head and stalked to the bathroom…

~~~~

Steam rolled across the floor as Vegeta opened the bathroom door, and he could barely make out Bulma's figure behind the shower curtain. And he thought he saw another shape…But because of the steam, he could not be sure…

His feet padded softly on the tiled floor as he moved in to attack his prey. Condensation rubbed off onto his hand as he touched the curtain that separated him from the woman that he longed for. No longer able to ignore his growing desire, Vegeta ripped the curtain aside, only to find…

"Vegeta!" Bulma said in surprise, at the same time Yamcha said, "Oh shit…"

Vegeta wanted to yell. He wanted to rip Bulma from Yamcha's arms, and tear every limb from Yamcha's body before stuffing his pathetic body down the drain. Then, he would take the woman, and hit her around for awhile, before blasting
her into oblivion.

But he didn't. Something in his heart told him not to, so all he could do was stare at his mate, his eyes asking her silently, "Why?" Her eyes were unable to answer him, and she looked away, incapable to hold his gaze.

He took a deep breath, regained what little composure he had, and calmly walked out of the bathroom, grabbed his clothes on the way out the door, and flew away into the night.

~~~

Vegeta had no idea where he was going; just that he had to get there. Just as long as it was far away from Capsule Corporation.

He quickly swallowed the tears that threatened to fall down his cheeks: He had to keep what little pride he had left, and the Prince of Saiya-jins would not stoop so low as to cry like a child. He soon found that stopping his tears was harder than he thought, as images of what he had just witnessed played in his mind.

Unconsciously, Vegeta had landed, and to take his mind off of Bulma, he surveyed his surroundings. The area looked familiar, as did the scent. To his left, he noticed a large waterfall, and he sensed a familiar ki…

"Vegeta! What are you doing here?"

Vegeta whirled around and landed in a fighting stance, only to see that it was Kakarot's young brat.

"I should ask you the same question, brat. Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to wander around after dark?" he questioned the boy menacingly.

"I was out talk- sparring with Mr. Piccolo," Gohan said, almost sadly. (A/N: WARNING! WARNING! OOC COMING UP!)

"What's wrong," Vegeta said before he could stop himself. `What is wrong with me? When did I suddenly care?'

"Nothing," Gohan said softly, digging his toe in the dirt. "I just miss my dad, that's all."

"Well, you should get over it."

Gohan was silent for a moment before saying, "Vegeta, when your dad died, did you miss him?" His question was an innocent one, but it hit Vegeta in a place he had only been hit once…and that had been less than an hour ago.

"No, I did not miss him," Vegeta said after a moment's hesitation.

"How? How could you not miss him?" Gohan asked. Vegeta sighed, before sitting himself down on a nearby log, suddenly tired from all the emotions that had invaded his heart.

"How could I? I was the Prince, and my men looked up to me. I had to be strong…for them," Vegeta said, looking the boy in the eye.

"But, he was your dad! Didn't you love him?"

"How can you love someone that…that you never knew." Vegeta replied.

"You didn't know your dad? That's horrible," Gohan replied, sitting down next to Vegeta, a look on his face that looked like sympathy.

"I had to be strong for my men…Radditz and Nappa."

"But you were only a kid! Why did they need you to be strong?"

"Because they were weaklings! Besides…you're missing my point," Vegeta huffed.

"What point?" Gohan asked, confused.

"Your father is dead, Gohan. And your mother is with child. Who will be strong for her, for the child? They have no one to turn to, except you. You must be strong for them."

"I don't know how to be strong. I know that sounds crazy, after destroying Cell and everything, but…I don't feel strong."

"You have Saiya-jin blood in you, boy. You will find the strength in you. Otherwise, I'll beat it out of you. Now, get lost," Vegeta said, growing mentally drained.

"Okay," Gohan said, taking flight. "And Vegeta…thanks. Thanks a lot."

"GET LOST!" Gohan grinned the Son Grinâ"¢ and took off into the night.

Vegeta sighed, glad that the boy was gone. He rubbed his brow; he had developed a head ache as soon as Gohan had left. Where was this paternal stuff coming from?

"Dad?" a voice from the darkness said. What now…Vegeta thought to himself, before realizing that the voice had called him dad. His head snapped up, and in front of him stood Mirai no Trunks.

"What the-"

"Dad, I know this is unexpected but- I need your help," Trunks said softly.

"Don't tell me, more evil Androids, right?" Vegeta asked.

"No. Something completely different. Come with me," Trunks said, and returned the direction he had come from.

"Why?" Vegeta said.

"Dad, please. I really need you to do this for me," Trunks said, his eyes pleading with his father.

"I'll think about it. But, I will come with you," Vegeta said, standing up and walking over to his son. As the distance between them shortened, Vegeta noticed that the boy was no longer the boy that had warned them about the Androids- Trunks had grown up, and was now a man.

"Thank you," Trunks said, and led the way through the woods. He stopped when he reached a clearing, where his trusty time machine sat, and climbed the ladder. Vegeta, being impatient, levitated himself so that he was next to his son, and looked inside the cock pit, and was caught off guard at what he saw.

"Dad, this is my daughter, Clair," Trunks said, nodding his head down at the sleeping girl. Vegeta raised his eyebrow; Trunks had a daughter? Did this mean he had a mate?

"She's very pretty. Looks like you. Now, what do you need my help with?" Vegeta said.

"Her. I need you to take care of her for me."