Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Icebox ❯ 02 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, the guy left, so I followed. Did I know him? Hardly. Did I want to know him? Sure. Who don't I want to know?
 
Anyway, I'm a follower, not a leader. Makes everything easier.
 
Right, but maybe you wanna know why I didn't know him in the first place, huh? `Cause Hell's not exactly a big place—I mean, not like I've met everyone, but—he's a Saiyajin too so I shoulda known him, right? Well, I know Raditsu, that's the guy's son. Took me a while to get `round to talking to Raditsu again in the first place. We used to work together (sort of) and I did feel a little bad when Vegeta blew him off. I didn't wanna tell him that we weren't gonna wish him back, but, y'know, I kinda forget what I'm saying sometimes. So I avoided him for a while so I wouldn't slip up and tell him how Vegeta didn't care and all, but I missed `im and started popping up every now and again.
 
Usually he shoos me away, y'know—that's just Raditsu for you. But I think he's glad for my company. Still avoided his dad though, that guy gave me the shivers for the longest time. I mean, sure Vegeta killed me, but it's really Kakarrot's fault anyway. He made me look bad. Didn't even give me a chance. And Raditsu's dad looks just like Kakarrot if Kakarrot had ever had to serve under Freeza.
 
Turns out I'm not a whole lot younger than him. Surprised we didn't see each other around when we were alive.
 
But by then I'd gotten over his creepy resemblance to the guy who gave me the worst beating of my life (probably besides Vegeta, but that's different), so I decided to help Raditsu out with his card game and right then the Kakarrot-looking guy was out. (Why? I still don't get it.) Apparently Raditsu didn't appreciate my advice (seemed kinda afraid to tell me, for some reason, but I could see it on his face), but whatever. The guy came to and…he was weird.
 
Turns out his name's Bardock, but I didn't know that then. Well, didn't take me long to find out, `cause I asked him first thing when I started following him. Seemed like I was kinda bothersome to him (but at least he told me so, unlike Raditsu). Apparently he was pretty bored of Hell, like me and Raditsu, only he'd been there way longer so he was probably extra bored. And he wanted to…wander around…or something. I kind of stopped paying attention, he started on some crazy rant about Freeza and the way Hell used to be and that was about it for me.
 
By then Raditsu had caught up to us, anyway, so I thought maybe he'd shut his dad up. He tried, but the man just kept going, and Raditsu gave me this look like it happened all the time.
 
So we were wandering toward…well, I dunno. Like I said, I was following, so I don't remember where we were heading toward at first. There's these kinda vast expanses of nothing in Hell, probably moved through one of those. Made me wish I'd brought a snack along or somethin'. `Course right about then we all heard this funny noise, like some squeaking or something. Whaddaya know, it was Freeza across the way beating some little guy up. Guy seemed to be trying to chant some stuff, I think. We moved around a different way so he wouldn't see us, but I got a good look at that little guy. I hadn't seen `im around. Maybe he was one of the newer fellas.
 
 
 
 
 
Wasn't long `til I ran into that squeaky little guy again. You know how you shrink when you get old? So this guy must've been really old. He was way tinier than I thought at first, maybe `cause I'm way bigger than Freeza.
 
Raditsu and Bardock were a ways ahead of me, but they didn't seem to care that I was falling pretty far behind, so I thought I'd just catch up to `em later after talking to this guy. So I introduced myself, and told `im I was a Saiyajin and so were my buddies. He seemed kinda interested in that, told me some stuff about him I don't remember. Something about the pink stretchy bubblegum guy we all watched Kakarrot and Vegeta fight, and…
 
Well, he called himself Babidi. Seemed pretty nice but he had this weird laugh and he kept looking me over all interested like. Asked something about whether Raditsu and Bardock were stronger than me. I said, no way, `cause I'm an elite and all that and they're pretty far down. He even noticed that Bardock looked like this Goku guy (later I remembered how Goku was what they called Kakarrot on Earth). I said yup, he was Kakarrot's dad, and Babadi was real interested in that. Well, I guess I know why now.
 
Told him I had to catch up to them and I'd see `im around, he wanted to come with me but I told him no `cause Raditsu and Bardock are cranky all the time. (They should really learn to lighten up. Especially Raditsu.)
 
 
 
 
Caught back up to `em and it was like I was never gone at all. They were hiding when I got to `em, dunno why, but luckily I'm pretty good at that game so I found `em. They seemed real sad that they weren't as good at hiding as they thought, and we were on our merry way again. To where? Dunno. Dunno if Bardock had any idea himself.
 
Let me tell you what though, I didn't know it at the time, but halfway across this rocky plain we found the thing that started everything. If I'da known that then I probably would've paid more attention. But I was too busy lookin' at this green guy on the clifftops. He didn't know us then.
 
Anyway, I wasn't there—well, kinda, but—I didn't see it. Raditsu and Bardock wandered ahead of me again (really fast) and when I caught up, Bardock's hair was all whitish and they both had these big ol' smiles on their faces. They wouldn't tell me what happened—still haven't—but it was the start of something great.