Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Icebox ❯ 07 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That Cell fellow did a real nice job getting everything ready. The second I stepped into th' area we'd set aside (wearing garb like Kakarrot's, that obscenely bright orange I'm so used t' seeing in my visions) I felt like I was on Namek. Not that I know what the damn planet looks like, aside from about half a second a' that vision I had way back when, but, hell, blue trees? Just like Nappa's drawing.
 
Big ol' crowd gathered 'round us, guess 'cause of all Raditsu's babbling about our plot (s'pose we have him to thank for Cell finding out an' getting us this great setup an' all our clothes). Cell was holdin' Freeza, facin' toward them, so the bastard didn't even know what was behind him. Giant walls crashed down from th' sky (I guess under Cell's control) an' closed in the space. (A pretty big one.)
 
There was Nappa, grinning ear t' ear with these dots on his forehead like the shorter bald guy, and there was that King Vegeta (damn his soul to...well, even further to Hell, but that's another story, lemme tell y' later), even, posin' as his son. Now, I turn to them with this signal to see if they're ready (Raditsu leans against the wall, guess he figured out we never did find a job for him) and they all look at me an' nod. Now, we ain't had much time to practice, but we did practice. None of us're actors or none a' that, but I think we did a pretty damn good job of it.
 
Cell's lookin' out the corner a' his eye and sees us nod, and turns 'round with the squirming bastard, and tosses him out front a' us. He's got this look in his eyes, real angry at first, see (starts ranting, "the nerve," "what utter impoliteness," "what the hell do you think you're doing?" and bullshit like that), but then as he keeps looking—th' scenery, King Vegeta, Nappa—he gets real confused. And then that lizard's eyes connect with mine and he stops talkin' after a sec, gapin' mouth, starts shakin' in his shoes—claws—whatever. Mouths somethin' somethin' monkey to himself, but with how big his eyes were, I'm s'prised he had any room at all for his mouth t' move.
 
But that ain't all we did, see, a' course, that ain't all there 's to it. Like I said, we practiced. So King Vegeta steps forward, gives a big long rant just about befitting of any Vegeta I ever knew (doubt the guy was even acting).
 
Well we weren't plannin' so much on Freeza, y'know freezing up like he did, where the guy was s'posed to do his job in th' production: kill Vegeta. But I'm ready, ain't nothin' stopping me from doing this. I whisper with my biggest, meanest grin: "Well, Freeza? Go on. Kill 'im."
 
Guess that big mean grin worked on Freeza cause I see 'im raise one hand real slow an' shaky like, dead like a puppet. Shoots King Vegeta through the chest. (Like I said. It's Hell. Ain't no one goin' no-where. Sad enough for us, he was back to rulin' his circle the next day.)
 
An' I take a few steps closer. So does Nappa.
 
Y'd think Hell'd frozen over with how much that lizard was shivering. There's a moment's pause, and, y'know, we relished that sight. I'm surprised I didn't have some vision of Kakarrot somewhere 'round there, but I noticed that ever since the whole wizard, Super Saiyajin incident those visions've been bothering me much less. (Thank the gods. Scratch that, don't thank 'em—I'm still in Hell.)
 
Then Freeza opens his mouth like he wants t' say something. Nappa an' Raditsu an' me, we wait t' see what he's got to say. His eyes're lookin' straight into mine with horror like I ain't seen since the good ol' days clearin' planets. Only now it' not some poor sniveling race a' weaklings about t' be destroyed. It's fucking Freeza.
 
Well, whatever he wants t' say, it don't get out. Just some scratchy noises. I'd say he knew just what was comin'. Raditsu an' me, we look over at Nappa, an' Freeza looks the same way. Seems like he recognizes who the guy's supposed to be, 'cause his eyes dart over to us real quick, like he's askin'. I nod an' I swear his raised arm's so shaky I'm beginning to doubt he's got muscle beneath. Nappa gives a quick thumbs-up t' me an' Raditsu as he braces himself (what a guy—dead or not, I say gettin' blown up by Freeza'd be scary as—well—Hell) and with another a' those quick looks at me, Freeza somehow manages to squeeze his disgusting scaly claws shut.
 
Boom.
 
Little bits a' Nappa come driftin' through the air.
 
(No worries, when that sorta thing happens y' just reappear at th' entrance to Hell, where y' come in the first time. Nappa's quick—made it back in time t' see almost all th' rest.)
 
An' then was my shining moment.
 
I let out this scream and there I am, gold hair, Kakarrot's gi, the works. Perfect. I may've said that out loud, even, 'cause I remember Cell laughin' at that point (an' he always laughs at that word, god knows why)—a crazy bug-man laugh, but that was just background noise to the roars a' th' crowd. Even the guys that never liked Kakarrot, never liked the Saiyajin, even some guys that still considered 'emselves Freeza loyals, roarin'.
 
Had this speech I was s'posed to do for that moment, but it jus' didn't feel right. So I step up real close to Freeza, my boots almost steppin' on his toes (arright—I was steppin' on his toes) and say, "Well ain't this special?"
 
He won't even look up at me so I go on, "Y' look like you've seen a ghost."
 
(Nappa, who'd gotten back by that point an' taken to standing by Raditsu, laughs like crazy, I'm hopin' 'cause he saw the irony that we were the dead ones an' the ghost was still alive—but not holdin' my breath on that.)
 
An' Freeza just keeps shiverin', his eyes lookin' past me by now. I'm feelin' pretty clever so I say somethin' about hoping we can all live in peace down here in Hell.
 
An' I say, "This time, Namek ain't blowin' up."
 
"See y' tomorrow, Freeza."
 
An' he crumbles to the ground, curls up, and starts rocking back an' forth.
 
Feel so good about it, I don't even need to punch the guy.
 
Plenty of time to do that later.