Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence Reborn ❯ Sneaking Out ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard Disclaimer: Now, if either of us owned Dragon Ball Z and it's characters, do you really think that we would be writing this fic? Of course not! So, please, don't sue us! I know I don't have anything to give to anyone except for my old VHS tapes. [I don't have anything, not even VHS tapes - Aura]

Kaeli's Note Thingie: Kaeli here! Sorry about the *long* time it took us to get this fic going again. Things came up, and we sorta stopped writing it for reasons beyond mine or Aura's control (whatever those things were *scratches head*). So, please for the love of Kami, review again! *big chibi eyes*

Or just read the fic. Whatever you want to do. Ja'ne for now!

Chapter Four

"This is boring," Piccolo mumbled, slamming the book he was reading closed, making Gohan jump from where he was sitting. The chibi Namek was sitting on the demi-Sayain's bed, sitting Indian Style with a pout on his face and bored-looking eyes. Gohan, on the other hand, had been sitting at his desk by the window, crouched over his math book as he did the problems on a piece of paper.

It had been at least an hour or more since Chi-Chi had made both of them study like anything and neither one was liking it one bit. Gohan was used to it, of course, but Piccolo wasn't. He had complained off and on for the last hour, demanding that both just get away from books and math problems and the like. The boy liked the idea, but refused to go along with it since he knew what his mother would do if she found out that he sneaked out. The Namek, on the other hand, didn't remember anything about the woman at all, and Gohan figured it wasn't a good thing.

"I know it is, but my mother will give us a break in ten minutes," Gohan replied, his voice barely above a whisper. Piccolo had to strain to hear what the child had to say even though his hearing was probably better then that of anyone else on the planet. "We should stay........."

"I don't want to wait ten minutes for that snack! Don't you want to have some fun?" Piccolo whined, sliding off of the bed and stood right where he had slid off. "I mean, your mother couldn't have took all the fun out of you by making you study. Let's sneak out now!"

"Well....." Gohan started, putting the pen down that he had been writing and turned around to face the small Namek.

"I betcha you've never snuck out."

"Once or twice, but got yelled at later," The boy said wistfully. Being yelled at was a understatement in this household. More like going deaf was the better wording he would have used, but really didn't want to say anything more.

"And wasn't it worth it later?"

"Sometimes. You haven't heard my mother yell yet. At least, this form of you hasn't."

"Yea, yea. Old memories are sometimes not worth it," Piccolo grumbled, rolling my eyes. "I really don't want to know what I did in the past or who everyone is. It is kinda fun to meet some new people."

Gohan sighed as he stood up. Perhaps sneaking out was something that he knew he'd get in trouble for later, but to get Piccolo out of his dreary mood would be worth it. Even if it was for a few minutes, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

"If you are going to stay here, fine. I'll go sneak out by myself," The Namek replied curtly, walking swiftly towards the window with a quick glance over towards the boy. Once he got to the window, he tapped his fingers onto the glass panes, longingly staring out into the world just out of his reach. He looked the window over for a moment before putting both of his hands onto it, pushing it hard with enough force so that the two panels opened up fast, slamming into the sides of the house. Gohan winced at that sound, hoping that no one in his family, including his mother, would have heard that sound as Piccolo climbed out the window.

"The whole point of sneaking out is to not to let anyone know your going. Or hear you either," Gohan hissed out, shaking his head. Piccolo looked over his shoulder and shrugged before walking off in the same direction he was facing. "Where do you think you are going anyways?"

"Anywhere but here, if you don't mind," He replied, not even bothering to look over his shoulder as he walked away. The boy grumbled under his breath, stealing a quick towards the door before he moved towards the window to watch the figure of the Namek walk away.

"I know I am going to get hell for this," Gohan mused as he climbed out of the window, and started after the Namek.

****

"I can NOT believe that you would allow your son to wish Piccolo to a child!" Chi-Chi hissed out as she placed two glasses of milk onto a tray. She practically slammed the glasses down as some of the mile spilled onto the gray tray itself. She didn't bother to clean the small mess up as she placed a plate of cookies onto the tray as she grumbled something under her breath.

"I didn't even know that he had even made the wish until a little while late," Goku wined to his wife as he started to back away from her with his hands held up in the air like he was trying to defend himself from her. Out of all of the villains that he had faced and all of the people he had met in his life, Chi-Chi was the only person the Saiyan was mostly afraid of. She was probably the only person that could keep him in line for most of the time anyways.

"Well, you need to tell your son to undo that wish as soon as possible. Although, I do admit, Piccolo is much better at this state then he is any other time."

"I could always tell him to change him back, but it will take a year, Chi-Chi. You know that about the Dragon Balls."

"And hopefully I can change Piccolo around in that year," Chi-Chi sighed, her head tilting up towards the ceiling as she clasped her hands together . A light smile came to her lips, her eyes misting over with that certain happiness that she found every so often. "I could turn him into a scholar. He could go into a Ivy League school with Gohan so he could have someone to study with, and...."

"Chi-Chi, I don't think it would take a year to do this kind of miracle," Goku replied calmly as his wife sighed again and shook her head.

"Wistful thinking, I know, but it is worth a shot," She replied as she unclasped her hands and picked up the tray that had been sitting on the counter. She turned around slowly, her eyes falling onto the Saiyan that stood before her with his own eyes on her. Neither said a word as she walked past him, the smile still on her lips.

She had no idea at that moment that the two people that she thought were studying were gone.

****

Vegeta landed just outside of Capsule Corporation, his face tightened in a fit of fury as he stomped towards the main entrance of the compound. He knew his way around Capsule Corp. just fine without the inhabitants really bothering him that much. Even the human woman, Bulma, could get annoying at some point, and he'd get that feeling of wanting to blast her into Other World if he had the chance to. Unfortunately, the Saiyan Prince knew she had some importance in this state and so he didn't bother acting on this feeling. At least, yet he wouldn't. It would only be a matter of time before he bothered to do anything about her and the rest of the useless family.

He grumbled something under his breath as he entered the main entrance room of the large compound, his eyes narrowing at a passing thought of what had happened not too long ago. Vegeta couldn't believe that a valuable wish had been used to wish that Namek, Piccolo, back to a smaller state. It was unheard of in his train of thoughts. He would have, if he had collected all of the Dragon Balls himself, for immortality or something along the lines of that. His original wish from the days that he spent on Namek that seemed so far away.

"And where have you been?" A bossy yet feminine voice demanded from the other side of the room. The Saiyan stopped walking long enough to glance over towards his left to see Bulma Briefs, with her hands on her side, stomp over towards him with a glare that would make any other man cringe at the sight of it.

"None of your business, woman," He snarled at her, crossing his arms over his chest as he returned the glare.

"It is my business, I'll have you know. You left without saying a word to me earlier, and I demand that you say something or I won't fix the gravity machine next time you decide to blow it up."

"What makes you think that I want you to fix it anyways?" Vegeta spat out, turning his back to her as he started to walk away from the girl.

"Do you want me to take it down myself this time if you don't want to say anything or do you want to keep on training with it to make yourself stronger?" That single sentence that came out from Bulma's mouth made the Prince of Saiyan's stop in his tracks and his fists go into balls. If there was one other thing that he hated then Goku himself, it was the fact that he knew that the woman could snare him in a trap by bringing up the Gravity Machine and his training. He knew that the Brief family, Mrs. Brief aside, had the most advanced minds he knew any human could possess. Besides, without his gravity machine, it would take him time to find a new place to train and that meant less time training.

"Fine. If you have to know, I found something interesting out about the Namek," Vegeta said, a smirk coming across his face. He heard Bulma take a few more steps towards him, probably out of curiosity.

"And what is that?"

"Those blasted Dragon Balls were used to wish him back into a kid."

"WHAT!?!? Who would do such a thing?"

"Who else but those friends of yours."

"Whoa," Bulma mused. The Saiyan figured the other had a thoughtful look on her face, but he didn't bother to turn around to see it. "Wonder what made them do such a thing."

"I don't know and I don't care. I told you what you wanted to know, so don't bother me again," He growled, stomping away before she could say another word.

****

"Where exactly do you want to go?" Gohan asked as he ran next to Piccolo, who seemed to be getting out of breath despite the fact that the duo had just been running for a few short minutes. However, in that short amount of time, they had covered a lot of ground and, to the half Saiyan's surprise, the small Namek had been able to keep up with him for the most part. Even though he didn't know what he could do, there was still a lot of what once was the elder Namek in him.

"I don't know, but can we rest for a moment?" Piccolo panted, slowing down to a small jog before stopping completely. Gohan did the same as he stopped several feet away as he turned around and walked back to where his old mentor sat down quickly onto the ground. "Phew. I didn't think that I could run that fast."

"Yea, and you can do a lot more as well. Don't know what some of them are, but I know that you can do them," The boy replied as he sat down in front of his friend. "Maybe you can remember, although....."

"Although what?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

"You sure?"

"Yea."

"Okay."

"I don't suppose you know what a birthday party is, do you?" The boy asked suddenly, a thought striking him.

"Birthday party?" The Namek asked, tilting his head to the side as he looked at the other with confusion in his eyes. "What's that?"

"It's a celebration of when you were born. There is cake, ice cream, balloons, and presents."

"Sounds like fun, but I don't ever remember having a birthday or knowing what it is."

"Perhaps, after we get back home," Gohan paused at that passing thought as his face become down casted for a moment before it perked right back up, "we can start planning a birthday party for you. I know that my mother would love to do that."

"Yes!" Piccolo said with a smile. "But only after we spend a little while out here."

"Okay," The Saiyan replied as he laid onto his back, putting his hands behind his head.

"Gohan?"

"Yea?"

"Why do you study a lot?"

"Well, because my mom makes me for the most part. She says I can't get into a good enough college if I don't know anything."

"Do you want to study?"

"Not really. It isn't much fun. I much rather be out training with my father."

"What is it like to have a father?"

"It is okay, I guess. I really don't know how to explain it. I guess you never had a father before, huh?"

"I suppose not. I don't even know who my mother was."

"Hmmmm," was all that Gohan said to that as he closed his eyes, ignoring any and all sound that was around him. Not even a few moments later did he fall into a deep sleep.

To Be Continued.....

Eh, that is my chapter for now. I'll hand over the fic now to Aura, so go pester that Author now. ^_^