Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence Reborn ❯ Party Preparations ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer : I don't own Dragonball Z, so don't try to sue me, you'd not get much ^^

Authors notes: *hangs head in shame* I am so sorry for the delay, I've been battling writers block, and writing other fics. This chapter is short, and I suspect Kaeli might borrow Chi-Chi's frying pan, so I might go and hide now, don't tell her where I went!

I promise a much larger chapter, and much much quicker to come from me after Kaeli's, so feel free to prod, poke...just not a frying pan.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter, and I'm trying to draw a halfway decent picture for this, but drawing humans, Sayians or Namaks doesn't seem to be my forte...

Innocence Reborn
Chapter seven - Party Preparations

Vegeta, prince of all sayians [which now comprised of two full blooded and one half-breed] wasn't happy.

That wasn't to say that he was ever happy enough to jump up and down in joy, or even to simply give a smile. Vegeta wasn't like that. Most of the time he went around with a perpetual frown on his face. Despite the fact his expression rarely changed, those who saw him often, could see his mood by a subtle change. Whether it be 'I'm peeved off' 'You're going to be in the next dimension if you don't shut up' or, most commonly these days 'I want to train, but that women won't fix the machine'

This last one was especially frequent, and usually aimed at Bulma, who bore the title of 'that woman'

To Vegeta at least. Today was an ordinary day, and almost halfway through. After a slightly disturbing dream about Freeza, namely when he had died by his hands [and later revived by the Dragonballs] Vegeta had awoken and risen, heading straight for the gravity room. About an hour later, a loud explosion soon followed various noises, those of machinery being pushed to and beyond their limits.

Exiting was one Vegeta, who half-covered in dust and black smoke.

And 'that' expression on his face.

Bulma, who had been up for a while, agreed to fix the machine if he would do a few 'tasks' for him.

Knowing fully well from previous experiences, he agreed, though with a lot of grumbling, mainly about making a Sayian prince do this sort of thing.

He growled again.

And now she was making him get her mail!

For somebody like Bulma Briefs, there would not be just one letter.

Vegeta came back with his arms almost overflowing with letters, parcels and other things, which he didn't even know what they were. Dumping them on a table, his gaze was drawn to that of a brightly coloured envelope, almost a bright green. Curious, he opened it, and read whatever was inside, before bursting out laughing.

Bulma came in to witness this...strange behavior, and he threw the letter at her before leaving the room.

Now slightly curious herself, she took a look, and smiled.

"This'll be so much fun" she mused to herself after seeing that the letter was, actually, an invitation for herself, her parents, and Vegeta [though she suspected it was more out of curiosity to see his reaction] to come to a birthday party.

The letter was from Chi-Chi, but it wasn't a party for Gohan.

It was, surprisingly, one for Piccolo.

The 'kid' Piccolo.

They had tried holding parties for him before, but these had not been met with positive reactions, especially from the guest of honour, who usually left to spar with either Goku, Gohan, or, if he was desperate...Vegeta.

He didn't eat, and until now, Bulma had thought he couldn't.

But a note enclosed with the letter by Chi-Chi said otherwise, and added.

"Please bring Vegeta, Goku insisted, and I have to admit, I'm curious to see how they interact...." It seemed as if Chi-Chi had paused then, but continued "Piccolo, I mean after his 'transformation' have already met...so tell Vegeta to act better this time..."

"Yeah" Bulma chuckled "like that's going to be easy, unless I threaten him with the gravity room, he won't do anything I ask"

- - - - -

Over the next week, similar invitations were sent to all the other members of the Z gang.

The one sent to Master Roshi, was delivered by Krillan.

Those with actual addresses were sent by post, and any others got there, courtesy of Goku's instant transmission technique.

- - - - -

"Can I get up yet?"

"I dunno" Gohan answered, "Mom didn't say"

He looked towards the door, then back to the bed, and scribbled again at the piece of paper. A thing rectangular strip, it would be assembled with others to make a paper chain. Chi-Chi had thought it cute when Gohan had suggested not actually buying decorations, but making their own.

Really, he had been trying to do something to make sure Piccolo didn't try to run off again.

But now the Namak seemed to be wearing thin on patience, and still confined to the bed, he was bouncing up and down.

Evidently he wasn't sick anymore, but Chi-Chi had a habit of making sure anyone sick rested for a LONG time.

"I'll go ask her" Gohan decided, and got up from where he had been sitting on the floor, and left the room. Piccolo looked after him with a slightly hopeful look on his face, so out of character for him normally.

"Mom?"

Chi-Chi turned from where she had been preparing dinner, and smiled at her son.

"Yes Gohan?"

"Can Piccolo get up now?" he asked "I think if he stays in any more...he's gonna be jumping off the walls..."

Chi-Chi pondered for a moment "Well...ok Gohan, but no sparring, ok?"

"Sure mom" he grinned, "Can I teach him to fly yet though?"

"I'd wait until you and Goku are there" she replied, washing her hands on a towel before going to another pot on the stove "I think it would be safer knowing there's one of you up there, and one on the ground"

Gohan nodded, obviously she knew how he had been trained to fly.

He rubbed his elbow instinctively, it hadn't been the most pleasant form of training he had received.

"Can we go out?"

"Where do you want to go?"

Gohan shrugged "I dunno...just thought it'd be fun to go somewhere"

"Why not take him to see Kami again" Chi-Chi suggested "He can tell you if Piccolo is fully recovered"

"Cause he's a Namak too?"

Chi-Chi nodded "Go on then" she said "But be careful!" she shouted after Gohan as he sped out of the room.

"Men!" she uttered to herself, getting back to the cooking.

- - - - -

After he was told that he was allowed to get up, Piccolo agreed to a trip to see Kami. Because Goku wasn't around, he would have to climb onto Gohan's back, and fly that way. But all the training Gohan had didn't make this hard in the slightest.

This trip was uneventful. Kami agreed that Piccolo seemed fine now. He and Gohan were treated to some of Mr Popo's cooking, which both agreed was as good as Chi-Chi's, and Mr Popo was evidently pleased that somebody liked his food. Kami would eat occasionally, but like Piccolo, did not eat much.

The rest of the day passed in much the same, Goku appeared on the lookout, having come back from his training with Krillan, and took them all back home. They had dinner, and Piccolo stared in shock as Goku and Gohan virtually 'shoveled' all the food into their mouths, like somebody deprived of food for weeks.

- - - - -

Some time passed, the brightly decorated paper chains were put up.

Presents were bought secretly, and hidden away from prying eyes.

Chi-Chi baked a mountain of food, then some for the non-Sayian guests.

An EXTREMLY large cake was made, the second, after Goku had eaten the first.

He could still feel the frying pan being whacked over his head, and made a note to find out where on earth she got it from.

All in all, it seemed like a perfectly normal pre-party events.

Little did they know, the fun was about to begin.

-----

To be continued.....

Enjoy my extremely short chapter, I promise a much larger one from me next time. Now go bug Kaeli for me :b