Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence Reborn ❯ Chapter 9: Begin the Training ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Innocence Reborn



Disclaimer : I don't own Dragonball Z, that's owned by the people that own them...but we do own this fic, so there ^^



Authors note : This is quite a small chapter, but I got it done in less than four months, so I'm happy. *rubs head* I think Kaeli got a hold of Chi-Chi's frying pan again...owie! Anyway, enjoy the chapter.





Chapter nine : Begin the training!





A few days after the party, and Piccolo seemed to be settling in fairly well. Despite the fact that now, along with Gohan, he had to study, which he didn't see much point in doing, but after he had asked why, the look on Chi-Chi's face afterwards, had been enough to show him that doing it would probably be a good idea.



He now understood why Goku seemed scared of Chi-Chi at certain times, it made sense to him anyway.



He had not told her, Goku or Gohan about the strange dream the night after the party, of somebody who looked just like him, jumping in front of somebody who looked a lot like Gohan, and then crying out in pain as a glowing sphere of some sort impacted into him. Piccolo had woken up then, and sat for several minutes wondering what it could mean.



He knew that this state he was in would not be forever, this Gohan had told him. And he knew that before, he had been different, which was why the young Sayien had made the wish.



But of any of these thoughts, he didn't tell anyone. But kept a quiet uneasy profile, as he kept thinking about it.



Besides, there was more to worry about. Like Vegeta for one example.



He didn't know what Vegeta had meant by his words at the party, but after the incident at the lookout, and the continuous bad humour of him, Piccolo really hoped that the wish would come true, the one he had made on the candles, if only to try and help him. Piccolo sat on the side of the bed, then glanced to the window where the sun was beginning to rise. In the bed opposite, Gohan was still asleep, his wild hair tousled by his moving in sleep.



Piccolo got off the bed slowly, trying not to wake up his companion, and looked out of the window.



Outside he could see Goku training. He would perform kicks and punches to the air, and every so often fire a blast either into the air, or at a tree. Not enough to destroy it completely, otherwise Chi-Chi would yell at him and brandish her frying pan, but it was still impressive to the young Namak.



He knew that he possessed power like that himself, and had used it in his former life before the wish had been made. But now, he did not know how to use it.



Today, Piccolo decided, would be the day to change it.



- - - - -



Chi-Chi hummed to herself as she stirred one of many pots on the stove, and looked at Goku through the window. It would not be long before he would smell the aroma and come in for his breakfast, and Gohan would follow. Another small plate was set out for herself, and one more for Piccolo, as both of the latter did not consume as much as the Sayien duo.



A creak on the staircase made Chi-Chi turn, and she saw Piccolo, already dressed in a pair of loose trousers and shirt, both of Gohan's. He nodded to Chi-Chi.



"Good morning Piccolo" she smiled "Ready for breakfast?"



"Hai" Piccolo nodded again "Shall I get Goku?"



Chi-Chi nodded in approval and Piccolo ran out of the house towards where the Sayien was still training. He stopped as the small Namak approached and gave him one of his lopsided grins.



"Hey Piccolo" he greeted, then stretched his arms "Time for breakfast already?"



"Will you teach me to fight?"



"Huh?" Goku said, caught off guard by this question, he recovered and looked at Piccolo, who had a determined look on his face, which reminded him so much of the adult Piccolo "You want to fight?"



A bob of his head "I know I can fight, but I don't know how now..." Piccolo frowned and clenched his small fists "And Vegeta said I need to be prepared"



Goku laughed, "Vegeta doesn't mean anything, he's just kidding"



"I don't think Vegeta would kid"



Scratching his head absently, Goku looked down again "Well...I don't know...Chi-Chi might get mad..."



"She's not my mother" Piccolo pointed out, with such seriousness Goku couldn't help trying to supress a snicker at it.



"That's true..." he mused



"And Gohan gets to train, so I should too"

"Alright then" Goku nodded "I'll train you when me and Gohan train, ok?"



"Hai" Piccolo nodded, and grinned, then followed Goku back into the house.



- - - - -

After breakfast, during which Chi-Chi did get mad when Goku mentioned the training, he, Piccolo and Gohan all left for a large field some miles away from home. They landed soon after. Before they had left, Piccolo had picked up the clothing he had been wearing the day the wish had been made, and which Chi-Chi had washed, and now looked more like the old Piccolo.



Minus a few years and a lot of training techniques.



"Alright, first we'll teach you flying" Goku said "Since you knew how to do it before, there's a chance it won't take as long as usual"



"How are you gonna teach me?" Piccolo queried "Drop me off a mountain?"



"Close enough" Goku replied, making the Namak's eyes widen so much that any more, and he could have sworn they would have popped out of their sockets.



"You're going to drop me off a mountain!" Piccolo stammered nervously, as Goku flew with him in his arms in the air, higher and higher until Gohan was just a small speck on the ground below.



"I'll drop you" Goku told him "And if you don't manage to fly before you get to the ground, Gohan will catch you"



"Had this been done before!" Piccolo gulped as he peered over at the ground below.



"Sure" Goku nodded "It's how Gohan learned to fly"



"You did that to him?"



"No" Goku replied, making Piccolo sigh in relief, thinking this was all some kind of a joke, until he was suddenly let go and falling.



"You did" Goku shouted over him.



If I did that to Gohan, this must be some sort of revenge... Piccolo frantically thought as he plummeted down with increased velocity. The ground seemed to be getting closer and closer, and his mind raced. I don't wanna be a pancake! He thought again, remembering their breakfast and how thin they were.



He clenched his eyes shut as the ground raced up to meet him, and the thoughts clambered in his mind.



I'm going to die!



Then, a rush of air underneath him, and he seemed to slow down.



Shaking, Piccolo chanced opening his eyes, and saw, to his complete amazement...



He was floating in mid-air a few inches above the ground.



Then he fainted.



- - - - -



"You think he's ok?"



"Sure"



"He seemed pretty freaked out"



"Weren't you when you learnt to fly?"



"Yeah, I guess so"



"And you learnt the same way, right?"



"Yeah..."



"And he only fell a few inches"



Piccolo could hear Gohan and Goku talking as he came to, his eyes were still closed, but he knew which was which.



So his brain was still working, which was good.



He must have groaned, since a split second later he could feel arms lifting him up, and he opened his eyes to see a smiling Goku, and a concerned Gohan hovering over him, the former having helped him up.



"You ok Piccolo?" Gohan asked as his father helped the Namek up.



Brushing off his clothing, Piccolo nodded "I guess...I wouldn't want to do it again though"



"Well, you know the principals of flying now, so now we can make sure you know all the important parts"



"Like what?"



"Being able to stop"