Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Insomnia ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Insomnia - 10


“What are you doing, woman?!”

Bulma rubbed her eyes and raised her head from the pillow next to his. “You’re awake! You’ve been sleeping for two days. How are you feeling?”

“Feeling?!” Vegeta pushed her away from him and stood up. “How should I feel when I find a brazen wench sleeping in my bed? Disgusted, that’s how!”

“Fine!” Bulma snapped, heading for the bedroom door. “Next time you cry out, I won’t comfort you! Just so you know, you slept like a baby while I was here!” She slammed the door.

Through his urge to blast the wall into dust, Vegeta realized something. He felt better. Not just better - empowered! He hadn’t felt this strong or peaceful since the nightmares began. Had he successfully banished them for good?

“I know you can do it.”

Vegeta shook his head to clear the ghostly whisper from his mind. Those words were like a mantra, exorcizing the demons of his nightmares and allowing him to sink into the blessed, quiet darkness of healing sleep.

“Damn it!” he swore, raking his hands through his spiky hair. He now recognized the voice of his savior - the same one cursing his name down the hall.