Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lose Yourself ❯ Lose Youself ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-DBZ/song aren't mine

Lose Yourself

Listen, if you had one shot

Or one opportunity

To have everything you've ever wanted

Would you capture it or just let it slip?

I'm going to kill him. I don't care if I get disqualified or arrested for manslaughter. Spopovitch is going to die for what he did to Videl.

Why am I scared? I know I can beat him. I'm SS2, for God's sakes. I've taken on Nappa, Vegeta, the Ginyu Force, Frieza, the Androids, and Cell. I've been in space on a different planet. I've survived lots of crap starting from when I was barely Kindergarten-age. But there's something about Yamu and Spopovitch that makes my hair stand on end, like something far more powerful is behind them.

Why do I feel like throwing up when I see them?

Yo, his arms are heavy

Knees weak, palms are sweaty

There's vomit on his sweater already

Mom's spaghetti

He's nervous

But on the surface

He looks calm and ready

To drop bombs

The crowd keeps screaming, eager for the next fight to begin. The spectators have a bloodlust that puts Vegeta as we first saw him to shame. Their job is to sit there and scream cheers if they get what they want and curses if they don't. They're so pathetic. At least Vegeta never did that. When Nappa fought, Vegeta sat on the sidelines and waited. It was only at the end that he interfered with Nappa's fight, which worked out to our advantage, anyway.

I have to give them what they want, don't I? I just hope I don't take out all my anger on Kibito.

But he keeps forgetting

What he wrote down

The crowd goes loud

He opens his mouth

But the words won't come out

He's choking

How everybody's choking now

The clock's run out, time's up, over, bloah

Dad, Vegeta, Krillin, 18, and Piccolo are all worried for me. Vegeta is muttering something about 'Saiyan rage'. I can pretty much guess what he's talking about. I've seen it before, in Dad. The desire to protect one's loved ones, especially family or mates.

I've pretty much learned the whole of Saiyan history from Vegeta. I asked him to tell me. He was all too happy to educate 3rd-class Gohan who wasn't privileged enough to have been born on the motherland on our history. A few times he hinted at Saiyan rage, but never focused on it. I think it's because that he feels it for Bulma and Trunks.

Snap back to reality

Oh, there goes gravity

Oh, there goes Rabbit, he's choked

He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy

No, he won't have it

He knows his whole back city's ropes

It don't matter, he's dope

He knows that, but he's broke

He's so stacked that he knows

When he goes back to his mobile home

That's when it's back to the lab again, yo

This whole rap city

He better go capture this moment

And hope it don't pass him by

Back to the matter at hand. Spopovitch is going down. I don't care if I snap his entire body into splinters; he's going to pay and pay dearly.

Gohan, calm down. You're going to do something stupid, something rash. Just like you did at the Cell Games. And look where that got you!

But then…this is an entirely different situation. No one's life is riding on this fight…except for my opponent's, that it.

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

You better

I know I shouldn't, but I want to go Super Saiyan. I can't, because it'll blow my secret wide open.

Strangely, enough, I don't care.

God, what is up with me? Since when do I have a devil-may-care attitude? I've always been the quiet one that works in the shadows. I've never been a gloryhound or very vengeful.

I guess I'm tired of pretending to be meek, backwoods Gohan who can't throw a punch to save his life. Maybe my Saiyan blood is finally flowing freely while my Earthling blood is fighting to take control again.

I hate inner struggles.

I can see Sharpner in the stands, and I can pretty much tell that he's betting against me, that he will always be a better fighter than I am. Maybe HE should've entered, then. He's just a man-whore.

Whoa, Gohan, calm down!

His soul's escaping

Through this hole it's gaping

This world is mine for the taking

Make me king

As we move toward a

New world order

A normal life is boring

But super stardom's close to port mortom

It only grows harder, only grow hotter

He blows us all over, the hoes is all on him

Coast to coast shows, he's known as the globetrotter

Lonely roads

God only knows

Now that I think about it, I might as well save my anger for three people: Spopovitch, Sharpner, and Hercule.

Hercule. I hate him. I hate him so much. With everything he's done, I can't name a single thing he did right.

The Cell Games: Lied about being thrown out. Claimed that we used magic tricks. Totally blew off our sacrifices, especially my father's, in his own quest for fame and glory. Practically shamed us in the little public view that we had.

And as for raising Videl, he totally screwed up there. All of his protection of her is a show, a façade to keep up his image as the perfect man. Videl told me during one of our flying sessions that he used to leave home a lot with women who aren't even remotely as classy as her deceased mother. God bless the both of them for putting up with Hercule.

And I remember in the Cell Games, when that fighter/boxer/wrestler/whatever he was lost to Cell, Hercule proclaimed that he was disappointed in his student. Why? Because he thought of him as 'the son I never had'. Direct quote.

That part was still being broadcast, and I'm pretty sure Videl was watching. Videl, the one who takes such pride in her strength, had just been slapped in the face. Hercule didn't regard her high enough as a fighter because she was a girl.

If I'd been a girl, I'm pretty sure my father would never say something like that.

So, I've now put together a hit list: Sharpner for being an @$$ to me, Hercule for being an @$$ to Videl, and Spopovitch for nearly killing her.

He's grown farther from home, he's no father

He goes home and barely knows his own daughter

But hold your nose

'Cause there goes

The cold water

These hoes

Don't want him no more

He's cold product

They moved to the next schmoe

Who flows

He nose dove

And sold nada

So the soap opera is told

And unfolds

I suppose

It's old partner, but the beat goes on

Da da dum, da dum da da

Stop it! Stop it, Gohan! You're not like this! You have to keep your temper in check before someone dies again! If you get angry, you're going to kill Kibito instead of Spopovitch.

Save your anger. Use it when it's needed. Stay calm, damn it!

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

You better

Yes, save your anger. You're going to get your revenge on Spopovitch. And then revert to your normal self. Hopefully…

I hope that this won't become permanent. I don't like this side of myself. This side gets people killed. This side causes pain. This side made me lose my father.

Keep it up. Keep your Earthling side up, Gohan. Just one more round and you can get your revenge.

When did the WMAT turn off the paved road? I entered to win some money for Mom, not to kill someone for hurting Videl.

No more games, I'm changed

What you call rage

Blow this mother <Bleep> roof of

Like two dogs caged

I was playing in the beginning

Then the mood all changed

I've been chewed up a spit out

And booed off the stage

But I kept rhyming and stepwriting the next cypher

Best believe someone's paying the pied piper

All the pain inside amplified by the fact

That I can't get by on my 9 to 5

And I can't provide the right type of life for my family

'Cause, man, these God damn food stamps don't buy diapers

Dad's giving me worried looks. He knows what I'm feeling. He told me that when he was fighting Frieza, he got visions of all of us, every single person her cared for, Mom and I most of all. He knows what it's like to have to protect people.

I can't help but think of Goten. Because of me, Goten didn't have a father to look after him like Dad tried to do with me. I guess that's why I always looked after Goten; to try and give him a father-type figure to look up to. I don't know whether I've failed or not, but I hope I haven't.

Well, what I'm planning to do will totally ruin whatever I've done. So maybe I won't kill Spopovitch. I honestly don't know what to do.

God, what a crappy life I have.

And it's no movie, there's no Makai Pheiffer, this is my life

All these times are so hard and it's only getting harder

Trying to feed

And water my seed

Teeter-totter

Caught up between trying to be a father

And a pre-Madonna

Baby mama

Drama's

Screaming on and too much for me to wanna

Stay in one spot

Another jam or not

Has gotten me to the point I'm like a snail

Got to formulate a plan or end up in jail or shot

OK, Gohan. Forget everything you've thought before. You can't kill Spopovitch, no matter how much you want to. You can only beat him to the point where he won't ever mess with you again. You will control your anger so nobody dies again. Do that one thing, control all your rage, or you might as well handcuff yourself. If you don't do this, everyone will lose out. Goten won almost nothing for 2nd place, Dad's dead, and Mom doesn't have any diploma worth a damn. Control your anger, and you'll live. They'll live.

Success is my only mother <Bleep> option; failure's not

Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got

To go

I can not

Grow old in Salem's lot

So, here I go, it's my shot

Feet, fail me not

Or not

This opportunity might be the only one I got

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

For now, I'll just enjoy some good, old-fashioned hand-to-hand.

You better lose yourself in the music

The moment

You own it

And you better never let it go

You only get one shot

Do not

Miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

You better

Besides, Videl will probably want to kill Spopovitch herself, neh?

You can do anything you put your mind to, man

Now that I've broken Gohan's sweet, loving nature into thousands of tiny pieces *Grins* did you all like it? I really think that he would be feeling all this.

PLEASE REVIEW!!