Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ The Pain of Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 2

The Pain of Truth

Disclaimer: See first chapter. I am to lazy to write it.

Okay. Since I didn't do this last chapter…

::Blah:: is telepathy

"Blah" is talking

~Blah~ is thinking

On with the fic!

Chibi Vegita, who was supposed to be the crown prince of Vegita-Sei, curled his knees to his chest and tried to see around the dark space-ship he and around a thousand others were on. His mother was in a different part of the ship, and he was a little worried about her, but he knew she wasn't dead… he hoped.

His father, the king, was ignoring him as much as possible. That alone made the eleven year old want to cry. But he didn't. He had to be strong, because he was the prince. Bitter thoughts filled his head, most at the irony of it all. The Saiya-Jins had slaves, though on Vegita-Sei, the families were kept together as long as possible and even after they had to split them up, the other people in the families always knew how they were. Slaves had it very good on Vegita-Sei.

The other thought that made him laugh was the thought that he had to be strong because he was the prince. What good is a prince of an enslaved race? Feh, what good was it to be a prince period? All it had ever gotten him was as much pain as his father could inflict. He would soon learn that the pain his father had caused was nothing compared to what he would receive.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Later in the journey, the prince heard the cries of a boy not much younger than he. It was amazing how much people could actually care what happened to their children. To Vegita, it was mind boggling. His father had barely spoken to him on the journey, and it almost seemed that he blamed Vegita for what happened.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

He was standing on the auctioneer's platform, looking out over a huge crowd of people. He wasn't scared, or upset, but his father was glaring at him like he was a curse. Vegita almost could have cried. They were sold to a short man with brown hair and bright blue eyes. The man had bought around twenty other slaves, Vegita thought, but he wasn't entirely sure. There were only two in the group that looked anywhere near his age.

One was tall with long hair that fell to his ankles. He appeared older than Vegita by about two years. The other was a girl of about seven. She was short and her hair looked almost brown in color. The older boy, who said his name was Radditz J'Hir Bardock, didn't look afraid, but he did look angry. The girl was Terra J'Tir Lekite. She was standing near Radditz, who had placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Their master, Zeke, glared at them as though they were trash. King Vegita curled his lips into half a snarl. Zeke turned his glance to towards them just as that happened. "Well," He snorted. "It appears that something doesn't know his place." He pulled the whip from his belt and hit the king with it. The king, being the proud moron he is, refused to back down.

Radditz sighed in disbelief. ~The king either has some huge death wish, or he is a total baka.~ Radditz decided. Blood fell from the king's back.

"Otousama, stop!" Chibi Vegita cried in horror. "Leave my Tousan alone!"

Zeke glared at the boy. "Shut up, boy. You don't talk unless I tell you to. Understand?" Vegita was almost shaking, but he stood his ground. Zeke lifted his whip.

"Watch out, kid!" Radditz threw himself into Vegita. A flash of pain slammed him. Radditz ignored it and turned to Vegita. "Do you have a death wish, you fool! Keep your mouth shut! You may be royalty to us, but we aren't anything to him!"

Vegita looked down in shame. Radditz, of course, was right. His status on his home planet didn't make him any more than a slave here. His father glared at him.

"And you should be glad you're still with your son." Radditz snarled at the king. "At least he's HERE. My father is who knows where."

The king snorted in disdain. "Whatever." That was not the first time Radditz wanted to beat the king's head in. ~What an idiot!~ Radditz sweatdropped.

Zeke loaded the slaves onto the truck he had waiting by the gates to the auction. The king sat as far from Chibi Vegita as possible. Radditz had to fight the urge to bang his head against the wall of the truck.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Zeke live several hours from the city on a large plantation. Dozens of slaves could be seen in the fields, sweaty from the hot sun. The new slaves were herded from the truck and into two rooms. Woman in one, men in the other. They were told to clean up and given slave cloths.

The king pulled Chibi Vegita to the side. "Here, take this, my son." He said, in a whisper, pulling the royal pendent form his neck. On one side was a flower shape, on the other was the symbol of the royal house of Vegita-Sei. "I won't live long here, as a slave, but you have not had a chance to know of much else. I know you'll live. I really am proud of you, my son. I love you, Vetiago. (vet-ti-ah-go)"

"Otousama?" Vegita looked at his father, confused. "What do you mean?"

"You'll see." The king replied, slipping the pendent around the boy's neck. "You'll see." Without looking back, he walked away.

"Otousama?"

Radditz suddenly appeared at his side. "Come, Vegita." He said softly. "If you are called, go swiftly, without hesitation. Don't meet their eyes. Be respectful. Don't act arrogant." Radditz led him out of the building. Terra immediately ran over to them.

"Rad-san? What's going on?" She asked, fearfully.

"Nothing I can't handle." He replied. To himself, he added ~I hope.~

Zeke examined his new slaves one by one. The were only three children in the group. One was about fourteen with ankle-length black hair and fiery black eyes. The next was around seven with black hair that appeared almost brown, and scared chocolate colored eyes. The last was ten or eleven with black hair that swept upward like a candle flame. An exaggerated widow's peak dipped low on his forehead. Black eyes were glaring up at him. He frowned. "Send all three to the fields." Zeke snapped.

(A/N) I know I'm being mean, not telling you what happened to Kakarotto, Turlis, and Bardock. But I want this to have both of my favorite Saiya-Jins in it. The next chapter will be about Kakarotto, I promise!

By the way, how is Turlis really related to Goku? Sometimes I see them as cousins, Sometimes Turlis is his uncle, I'm just so confused!

Oh and Please Review! Flames are very much welcome, I have yet to receive one, and most of the ones I've seen are rather funny. (I'm very much aware I'm insane)

SOOOOOOOO, R/R PLEASE! THANK YOU!

~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~