Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Midnight ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 19

Midnight

Disclaimer: You want me to spell it out? Okay! I-D-O-N-O-T-O-W-N-D-B-Z All done!

DragonUK: I don't think the number thing worked. I'm sorry.

Luqia222: Later, K? The witch needs to hang around for a little bit.

Mycky Wynora Channy: In a way, yes, he did go SSJ. But he won't make the true transformation till later.

And for everyone else: Thaks so much for the reviews! I never thank you all, and I should! They mean a lot to me!

Well, anyway, ENJOY!!!!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Kakarotto sat down wearily on his small cot in the west wing of the huge house. There were five floors and four basement floors, the last two used as torture chambers. He had to keep those clean. The Saiya-Jin teen gulped. There had been blood, mold, rot, everything that one could possibly think of covering the rooms. The only thing worse than the rooms used as cells were the rooms used for the actual torture. Kakarotto grimaced. Those had been awful. But he was lucky. There had not been anyone in them today. He just hoped they would stay that way.

But that was not to be.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"I am surrounded by fools!" Dr. Briefs yelled after the business meeting he'd had earlier that day. "Can no one do anything correctly?!"

"Calm down dear." His wife, Bunny, gave him the clueless smile she always seemed to wear. No one was quite sure if it was because she was stupid or because she wanted people to think of her that way. "Take your frustrations out on the slaves. They won't mind."

"Right." Dr. briefs nodded, storming from the room. "I need to hurt something." He decided to take it out on the first slave he saw. Hopefully it would be a Saiya-Jin, or some other such creature that could withstand the beating and still work. He just happened to crash into the long haired one they had bought. Before Radditz even knew what was happening, Dr. Briefs had slammed him backwards and punched him in the face.

Radditz gave a tiny cry before he clamped his mouth shut and collapsed to the ground. "Scream, slave." The man snarled, and the beating began.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Vegita found the older Saiya-Jin sometime later, bleeding from dozens of wounds and covered in bruises. It was apparent that it had taken Raddtiz sometime to pass out and that most of the beating had taken place while he was conscience. Vegita sighed and slung Raddtz's limp body over his shoulder, taking off to the infirmary.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"That didn't help, dear." Dr. Briefs told his wife, later. "He wouldn't scream."

"So send him to Dr. Warenna. She could probably break him. I bet he'll scream next time." Bunny pointed out with the same clueless smile locked into place.

"True, make arrangements and send him as soon as you can." Dr. Briefs agreed. "Then, maybe he'll rethink his pointless acts of defiance."
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"We have a slave coming in. Set up block two." Kakarotto groaned at his master's order. He was not looking forward to this.

His master smiled. "Orders are to break him." She murmured. "This is going to be fun." Her attention moved to Kakarotto again. "You will lead him to the block. Chain him to the far wall. Then wait outside. I'll tell you when to clean up."

Kakarotto blanched at the thought of cleaning up. If the rooms before had been any indication, this would be messy and painful. It was at that moment the truck arrived. And Kakarotto saw who got off.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Radditz was thrown into the truck unceremoniously about a week after his uncalled for beating. He was mostly healed, but he still hurt all over. They took him to a large building. Radditz sighed. Maybe he had been sold again! There couldn't be anyone worse, right? They threw him off the truck and gestured for someone to take him away.

A teenage Saiya-Jin stepped from the shadows, his eyes distant and sad. Raddtiz blinked. He looked axactly like Turlis! And there was only one person that looked like that. "Kakarotto?"

The boy made a soft keening noise and gave him a look of pure pity. The boy gestured to himself and nodded. "You are Kakarotto, then?" The boy nodded a second time. Radditz looked at him a moment, studying him. "I wasn't sold here was I?" He finally asked.

Kakrotto shook his head sadly.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Kakarotto looked at the brother he hadn't seen since he was first sold. And he couldn't even talk to him! His eyes narrowed. And then, of course, there was the fact that his brother was the one the chamber was to be used for. Kakrotto groaned and lead him down the hall.

He stopped at the heavy oak door to the room. He pushed it open and motioned for Raddtiz to follow him. Radditz gulped and did as he was asked. He took him to the far wall and gestured to the chains. "What's going on, Goku?" Radditz gulped.

Kakarotto gave another soft whine. "I can't!" He wanted to shout. But he couldn't.

"Why won't you tell me?" Radditz asked softly. "Why? I should be allowed to know my fate!"

Kakarotto pointed to himself, then shook his head. He made a small groaning noise in his throat and sighed at Raddtiz curious look. He repeated the gesture after a moment. "You can't talk?" Radditz finally caught on. Kakarotto nodded.

"Try guttural Saiya-go." He instructed. "It might be enough like a growl to be used."

"I'm trying…" Kakarotto managed to get out after several tries. "It's…hard…I…can't…you much…You're be…hurt…" He croaked out, the words almost totally unrecognizable as whatever was done tried to take affect of the word-like sounds. The other's, the ones that made up the smaller words, were easiest. They didn't have and complexity and sounded like growls, or even whines, to untrained ears.

Radditz eyes widened as Kakarotto chained him to the frame in the middle of the room. Arms over his head, feet apart at shoulder width. "What are they going to do?"

"Don't…kn…know…" Kakarotto stuttered out. Radditz took one look at his little brother's terrified face and gulped. He would show no fear, at least try to comfort his brother, but Kakarotto was to scared to think straight.

The door creaked open a second time and a woman walked in. Kakarotto cowered slightly, quaking in fear. His master's eyes flicked towards him and she gave a sudden smirk. "You want to watch, boy?" She gave a cold laugh.

Kakarotto whimpered and made no reply. "Then get out!" The woman roared. Kakarotto gave a hasty bow and raced from the room, pulling the door shut behind him and heading towards the farthest room he could.

Radditz looked at his brother's retreating form and shuddered. The woman smirked. "Hope you have fun." She hissed softly. Radditz's eye widened and he gave a soft whine. The woman smirked again. "Welcome to hell." She whispered, pulling out several tools.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Chichi was heading home after a call for a sick slave, the boy she'd had to provide care for was fairly new to the planet and didn't have a very good immune system. She couldn't remember what he was called, exactly, but he'd had an almost human like appearance. Tall and very muscular, though if his red hair was any indication, he wasn't Saiya-Jin. He said his name was Recoom, or something like that.

The girl sighed. She was very tired now. There had been a lot of sickness going around and everyone had need of her and her father. She staggered a bit, and vowed to have her father get her a small motorbike so she didn't have to walk and save SOME of her energy.

A familiar car was headed down the road, a shock of blue visible in the windshield. Chichi grinned. Bulma was heading to her house! The black haired beauty hadn't seen her blue haired friend in a while, being busy with more than her share of house calls. It was a known fact that slaves weren't allowed in hospitals, though few owners would take them there, but there were some that actually appreciated what the slaves did for them.

"Chi! You want a lift?!" Bulma halted next to her.

"Please! I'm so tired!" She hopped into the car.

"What from?" Bulma glanced at her friend as the teen slumped down in the seat of the car.

"I've had more house calls in the past week than we had in half a year's time before this." Chichi grumbled. "I've been running every where!"

"So THAT'S why your pop ordered that motorbike!" Bulma exclaimed. "Gosh, I just knew he wanted it delivered and I offered to bring it out here for you guys. Guy Mao said it was for you."

"I was just going to ask him to get me one. We've been running EVERYWHERE it seems." Chichi complained. "I had six house calls just today! And it's not even noon! And then I've already got three lined up for tomorrow and there other's were all emergencies because every one is dumb enough to think all aliens have immune systems like a Saiya-Jin's!"

"That's really sad." Bulma admitted. "Hey, Chichi, what would you do if I told you I was in love with a Saiya-Jin?"

"Congratulate you and ask for a wedding invitation. Why?" Chichi grinned at her best friend.

"You mean that you wouldn't ask why I was in love with a slave or anything?" Bulma shot her a sideways look.

"No! Are you bonded?" Chichi smiled.

"How-Oh yeah. Your paid to know stuff like that." Bulma gave a sheepish laugh. "Yeah. His name's Vegita."

"That's the prince!" Chichi gaped at her friend. "Your bonded to the Saiya-Jin PRINCE?!"

"Yeah, why?" Bulam shrugged.

"No reason, I guess. But what do your parents think?" She finally asked.

"They don't know. I'm planning on buying Vegita-sei. And then, the Saiya-Jins will be safe. But that will take YEARS. I half wish there was a way to free them and begin a revolution. Or something." Bulma sighed.

"Right now I'd worry about FREEING the guy." Chichi pointed out. Then she laughed. "Well, you made this easier for me."

"What do you mean?" Bulma raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there's this guy…his name is Kakarotto…and well, we're mates." Chichi blushed.

"Now this is just weird." Bulma shook her head. "While I'm thinking of it, I'm heading out to visit Muten Roshi on Saturday. You want to come?"

"Sure! We haven't seen Lunch or Tien in a long time! Or Krillian either. That would be fun, and I really need a break…" Chichi gave an enthustic nod. "Are you going to bring Vegita?"

Bulma smirked. "We need someone to carry all the HEAVY bags we'll have." The two snickered. If they were actually as weak as men thought they were, they'd need to be spoon fed.

Chichi's watch gave several impatient beeps. The girl groaned. "Looks like I've got more things to do. I'll see you Saturday, then?"

"Yeah. And here's the motorbike. Good luck!" Buklma handed the other teen the capsule.

"Right. Thanks. And pray I don't pass out, okay?" Chichi gave a small smile. "I really am exhausted."

"I will. Later!"

"Bye!"
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Radditz gave a sigh at the brief respite. It wouldn't last long, probably, considering he was still conscience but this was better than nothing. He heard the door swing open and the woman leave, shouting for Kakarotto as she went. As far as Radditz knew, he was the only house slave there.

Soft footsteps sounded moments later, as the door re-opened. Raddtiz groaned. "Go…ku?" He managed to croak out. There was a soft whine and Raddtiz sighed. He was in immense pain, and his body felt as though it should be in pieces.

The teen Saiya-Jin, only sixteen, held a cup to his brother's lips. The twenty-two year old winced as it pressed his split lip, but drank greedily anyway. He really needed water.

"I feel like I've just undergone Captain Leirin's training for HOURS!" Radditz managed to get out. His brother gave a tiny smile and nodded, dumping the rest of the water in the glass he carried over Radditz's head. It was COLD! "Hey!" The boy protested, resisting the urge to shake his head. It would only hurt the injury in his neck more. Kakarotto rolled his eyes.

"Sh…ock…" He ground out, contorting the word badly enough that Radditz almost missed the meaning.

"I know." Radditz sighed. "But it's still cold. And I still fell like I got run over by a really big truck."

Footsteps sounded in the corridor and a shadow fell over the two. Raddtiz winced until Kakarotto broke out into a bright smile and raced to the figure.

::Chichi!:: The teen caught his mate in a hug and spun her around. ::That guy is Radditz. He's my brother!::

::He doesn't look like you.:: Chichi gave him a confused look and Kakarotto laughed.

::This isn't my twin! This is my older brother!:: He snickered. Chichi blushed.

::Oh.:: She replied. Cutting off conversation through their bond, she walked over to the captive. "I'm Chichi. It would be nice to meet you if I didn't have to stitch you back into one piece."

"How do you know who...I…Kakarotto! You've bonded to a HUMAN?!" Raddtiz demanded, when he figured it out.

"Kakarotto said that we can explain later. There was a lot of weird things going on when he got here and he claims that our destiny was written before any of this happened." Chichi uncapsulized her things and began to clean and bandage Radditz's wounds. When she was finished, Radditz glanced at her.

"The two of you have a lot of explaining to do."
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) And there we go! Another chapter! YAY! Go me! So, anyway, REVIEW! Flames are still welcome.

Later!
~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~