Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ loyality or betrayal ❯ jade hearts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Loyalty or Betrayal

Yet another story, this one is based on 1000AD Japan, a time of Samurai's and emporers. Bejita is the top samurai in the Son army. Gokou is the emporer of the Son Empire. Torankusu is another highly trained Samurai, Bejita's star pupil. Yuri is Gokou's older sister, the hime of the empire and Tenshi is Gokou's youngest sister.

Tenshi © of Angela, tanukigirl@hotmail.com, ff.net yuri and tenshi

All the Dragon Ball Z/GT characters © Akira Toriyama

Yuri and other characters not from DBZ © of me, plus the plotline and idea.

No idea jacking pleaaaaaase *corny voice*

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------

A roar of a child was heard, cutting through the peaceful spring afternoon air. A little child, with jet-black hair, caring a wooden katana charging at a much bigger man. As the child approach the man smirked, as he whipped out his on katana and counter the child's attacking. The little boy gasped in shock and was hurdles a few feet by the older man.

"Sensei san! That hurt!" The boy pouted standing up, looking in the eyes of his older sensei. The man put the kantana back, and crosses his arms at the boy.

"If you where in a battle boy, you would be dead." The Sensei put bluntly, watching the boys facial reaction. "Now, get up. Where doing this again until you get it right." The boy stood up and groaned.

"But.. Sensei, I've been working all day.. I'm so hungry" The Sensei scoffed at the boy.

"No we can not take a break, until you get this--." The man paused and turned as the shouj door was slid open carefully. A woman stepped out her black hair carefully pinned up and held in place by a gold clip. She had a pale, lilac colored Kimono with long silk sleeves, decorated by delicate stitches of a cheery tree and blossoms. Her wooden sandals, click softly, and she stepped out of the door, turning to close it then bowing gracefully to both men. The child bowed slightly in return, as the Sensei just nodded his head in recognition of the woman. She stepped down the wooden steps, into the square courtyard. The Sensei could already smell the woman soft lily perfumed, as the light spring breeze passed over them, sending a mixture of white and pink cherry blossoms all around them.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding your training Bejita kun, but Emperor sama has requested to see Goten chan." Yuri said softly, her voice like wind chimes to the man. Bejita looked over at the direction of the little boy, nodding his head.

"Fine, boy we start again tomorrow." The sensei said gruffly as Goten bowed to both of them, before dashing off into the shinden. Bejita grumbled before picking up the boys wooden Kantana and putting it back into the slot for which it belonged. As he turned around, he noticed the woman still in her placing, clothing a translucent hand fan, with a blue humming sewed on to it. She smiled softly.

"How did training Goten kun go today?" Bejita grumbled softly, as if remembering the hellish training he had to put the boy through.

"I'm sorry to say, but I doubt the boy has what it takes to become a Samurai. I've tried training him, but he's to slow."

"Oh.. I'm sure there's still more time to train.. he's still just a child." Yuri countered softly, as the man began walking inside. Yuri followed him, as the both walked through the open veranda's of the Son Shinden, her wooden clogs tapping softly as she walked. The Verdana they where walking on cut through a beautiful Zen garden, with a little pond in the center of the landscaped scenery. Vegeta glanced over at the woman beside him, she was a little shorter then himself, with her luxuriant long, ebony hair. Which was elaborately done up in ringlette's and golden hair clips, with gems stones on them. She wore a fairly simple kimono in comparison to the other women of court in the Shinden. It was made from silk, and a soft lilac pastel color. The women didn't wear many jewels either, soft green jade earring with the symbol of the `son' in craved on them. They were more likely handed down from her mother, for being the eldest daughter of the son family. The only other piece of jewelry she ever had one, was a pale blue jade bracelet, that she had since she was a little child. Vegeta grumbled turning his head away, from the occupied woman.

`What am I doing, this is the emperor's oldest sister… I could never..' His thought where interrupted by the stop of the woman's clicking wooden sandals. Bejita turned to see why the woman stopped, and looked as she bowed to greet her younger sister. Tenshi. They exchanged a few words softly as the women seem to speak at the Shinden, then Yuri turned to the Sensei and bowed.

"I'll be going now Bejita kun.. It was nice talking to you." The woman bowed once again, then turned to walk the opposite way with her imotousan.

"Oneesan. I was wondering if you wanted to join me for a game of Go?" The younger woman in a royal blue Kimono, with a lighter blue floral pattern on the silk with a plain white obi. Yuri smiled softly at her younger sister, as she nodded her head.

"Hai, I would love to." With that both women walked down the Veranda toward Tenshi room. When they made it to the end of the Veranda, Tenshi turned to the last room on the side, and slowly opened the shouj door, to her undisturbed room. While the sisters walked in, Yuri got seated at one end of the Go board while Tenshi noticed something out of place. The low teatable, near her almost always-open window. A pale white envelope, with a jade stone acting like a paperweight, laid at her table.

"Oh… Imotousan look at this…" The younger woman said picking up the Jade stone, then the envelope, slowing taking the long paper out and reading it silently. Tenshi smiled softly, blushing slightly at the poem and folded it again.

"What is it imotousan? A letter?" Tenshi turned around, and passed the note to her sister, Yuri took the letter gently, and unfolded it, checking out the beautiful calligraphy.

"Covered with flowers,

Instantly I'd like to die

In this dream with you

And I'll wait

Forever"

Yuri smiled softly, reading over the love poem once more before handing it back to her sister. Tenshi took it, and slowly and carefully folded it back and put in the envelope.

"Do you know who's it's from Ten chan?"

"I think it's from Torankusu.." Yuri smiled again, looking at her younger sister.

"What are you going to write back to him…By the look of it, he cares for you."

"Hai.. I suppose I shall write a response to him after our game." Tenshi said, dumping the white and black pieces onto the table, and the two began their game.

Bejita grumbled softly, sitting down in the middle of one of the many Zen gardens around the castle. Getting comfortable, and seating himself complete upright, he begin he slow and steady breathing patterns, but his mind: even as well trained for Meditation as his on, would refuse to stop thinking of the woman. Her beauty, and actions where what captivated him, yet the danger in falling in love with the Emperor's sister is what stopped him from making his love for her noticeable. Hearing a sound of the shouj door opening he turned sharply to the right, watching a man step through. He was wearing a Hamaka, the pleaded pants that all Samurai wore when not engage in battle, in a light gray color. His blue Haori and with his proudly visible symbol of the son empire proudly placed on it. The man bowed his head to Bejita and sat down beside him.

"Sensei, I never knew you meditated…"

"I'm not usually meditating outside, usually alone in my room Torankusu."

"Why did you change your mind?" Bejita grumbled, crossing his arm to mask his uncertainty for the question asked.

"I needed a more relaxing place." Torankusu got up right away, Bejita looked at his oldest student questioningly. "You don't have to leave boy… Actually I need to ask you of something.." The younger Samurai looked at his Kendo master somewhat shocked.

"Need to ask me something?" The boy asked him, sitting back down, Bejita nodded his head, still looking of into the garden, not looking up at the boy.

"There's something I've been longing to do for quite a while boy…"

"Hai, Sensei… What is it?" With that Bejita grabbed an envelope sitting beside him and handed it to the younger man, Torankusu took it, and open it carefully taking out the pale paper. He skimmed over the characters on the page, shocked. The page was filled with the calligraphy of the characters, but along the side a stunning picture of a lily and a humming bird. Torankusu ember what Yuri's name meant, and lilies had always been very favorite flower. But not letting his Sensei see his shock as he read what seemed to be a poem on the page.

"My love

Is like the grasses

Hidden in the deep mountain:

Though it's abundance increases,

there is none that know."

"Sensei kun… This is for Yuri is it not?" He asked, folding the delicate paper back the way it was, as if untouched and put it back into the envelope. Bejita grumbled taking back the envelope and putting back into the pocket of his Hamaka.

"It's intended for her, you are the only other person to read it."

"Why haven't you given it to her Sensei?" Bejita sighed very softly, almost unheard. But Torankusu knew that he had, Bejita mumbled.

"I cannot court the hime." He said bluntly looking out into the garden once again.

"Why can't you, Sensei? You're the top Samurai in the empire, surely your fit for the hime." Torankusu was shocked at the Sensei. Such a proud and noble man, fighting and protecting the high court of the empire was the only thing he ever thought mattered to the Sensei. Though, it shocked the whole court when Bejita took Torankusu under as his student, and even more so when he took the Emperor's only son as a student as well.

"It's not that my class isn't high enough, what would the emperor say?"

"I would think he would be thrilled to see that his sister was loved by a noble man, and he wouldn't never have to worry about sending her to someone for marriage." Bejita was silent once again, and Torankusu knew he was battling with an overwhelming feeling inside of him. He's love for the younger hime, and his pride and the way Samurai was expected to act. Torankusu stood up, and made his way to the door of the garden, leading back out on to the Veranda.

"Sensei kun, I think you should show you love for the hime, and not hold it back any longer… Because one day it'll be to late and you'll never get to know her feelings.." Torankusu looked back at his Sensei still in deep thought. He was about to open the shouj door, when he heard the slight mumble of his master.

"Thank you boy…" With that the Sensei stooped up and walked to another door. Torankusu smiled slightly as he realized a certain room was down that way…