Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Leeli's Story ❯ Hell is for Children ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5 part b

Hell is For Children

Elijah curled up on the couch wishing the women from the MTV summer break would stop rubbing their butts against the camera and just get back to the music videos. He let out a sigh as another commercial for condoms came on. Billy was sitting obliviously on the floor, completely absorbed in his book. For a moment he worried about where Chris and Kim were, but a crash in the kitchen and a loud cheer of: "Yay! Cookies!" assuaged his worries.

Staring at the TV Elijah was glad to find he'd stop shaking, but he still wished his parents would get home. Even Leeli. He didn't want to be alone with his siblings any more. Every little sound, every little creak in the house was frightening him.

"Did you hear something?" Billy asked, closing his book and looking up at Elijah.

"Huh?" Elijah said, looking down at Billy. "No, I…" he trailed off as he heard a loud sound from outside. It sounded like someone was kicking over the lawn furniture. Elijah went pale. Slowly he got up and walked to the window and, shaking slightly, looked out. Someone was walking around outside. He gulped down. The way they moved was more like stalking than walking. Panic filled him and he wanted to curl up in a ball or run and find one of his parents. But dad had told him to stay in the house. He looked over his shoulder at Billy, and he had to look after his siblings.

"Elijah?" Billy squeaked as Elijah ran over and picked him up and took him to the closet.

"I want you to stay here, okay, Billy?" Elijah said, putting Billy in the bottom corner of the closet and pulling a coat over him. "Don't say anything or move until I come get you or the parents come home. Okay? Don't move or make a sound for anything!"

Billy nodded in horror as Elijah shut the closet door.

Elijah leaned against the door as he tried to breath. He could acutely hear the person moving around outside now. He wasn't sure if it was actually getting louder or it was his own paranoia. He swallowed hard. His knees were shaking but he had to get Chris and Kim and hide them. Clenching his fists he forced his knees to stop and he ran across the living room into the kitchen.

Kim was on the counter looking out the window and Chris was looking worriedly at the back door. "'Ijah, we keep hearing scary noises outside," Chris said as soon as he saw Elijah enter the room. "Kim says she thinks it's one of the ladies Aunt Leeli know, but it feels bad and I'm scared."

"Me too, Chris," Elijah said as he got Kim down from the counter and she immediately whimpered and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Me too," he repeated as he grabbed Chris' hand and ran towards the other side of the house. Behind them they heard the sound of things breaking.

---

Muzai was actually a little surprised to find the front door looked, but a little application of force, namely her shoulder ramming the door, and it was open. Of course, the door had been knocked of its hinges, but Koshi had told her to do a little property damage.

"Children," she called out as she walked into the house. She didn't expect them to actually come out to meet her, but maybe they'd be so scared they wouldn't be able to hide. "Come out, come out wherever you are," she called in a sweet tone as she walked down the hallway and into the living room. "Are you in here?"

Nothing moved. There wasn't even a sound. Muzai smirked as she walked forward. She knew they had to be in the house. There was no reason for them not to be in the house after all and she would have seen them from the air if they were playing outside. She tsked and shook her head. Much to late for children to be awake in any case.

"I just wanna talk to you all," she called out again as she walked farther into the living room, noting the mess of the bookshelves and the broken lamps. "Where are you guys?" she asked as she came to a stop by the couch. "Are you under here?" she playfully asked as she knocked the couch over and into the coffee table. "No, not there," she smiled as she turned to the loveseat and gave it a hard kick, making a loud crack as it hit the far wall. "Not there either. Where could you be?"

Slowly Muzai moved forward as she listened. There was a slight moment toward the back of the house. She grinned. They were running scared now. She walked toward the closet and remembered the destruction she was supposed to do. "Maybe you're in here," she cooed as she punched her fist through the closet and slowly pulled her fist back out. "Hm, guess not." For a moment she thought she heard the sound of whimpering, but when she listened more intently it wasn't there. "No one would be stupid enough to hide in the closet," she rationalized as she moved on toward the back rooms.

---

Elijah held his hand tightly over Chris' mouth to keep him from asking questions as Kim cuddled up under his arm. They were in the corner of the room Chris and Billy shared, hiding between the bunk beds and the wall. It was easy to hear the woman in the living room crashing around and calling for them.

Elijah gulped down hard. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to run to the woods and hide, but his father had told him not to leave the house, and besides that Billy was still out there. He shook a little bit at the horrifying thought of the woman catching Billy, but controlled it. He didn't want Chris and Kim to get any more scared.

She was getting closer, they could all hear it. She had moved out of the living room and into the hallway leading to the playroom and the room they were in. Elijah watched in horror as a stretched shadow appeared in the hall just outside the doorway and moved closer. Then it disappeared and they could hear the crashing and destruction as she searched the playroom.

Chris was whimpering too loud for Elijah to muffle him and Kim was shaking violently, her eyes tearing up in fear. Elijah found himself breathing heavily in panic. He had to protect his siblings, but he wasn't sure how.

"It's gonna be okay," he whispered, trying to keep his voice from shaking. He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself as Chris and Kim looked up at him and he realized they'd all been staring intently at the doorway, waiting for the woman to come though and find them. "It's gonna be alright," he said as he tried to think of a plan. The crashing from the other room stopped and they could hear the woman comment on how it was a shame she had to wreck all their toys. The shadow reappeared in the hallway and Elijah sucked in a breath of air.

"Where could you children be?" the woman said in a frighteningly sweet voice as her silhouette appeared in the doorway. "I'll bet you're in here."

Chris squeaked through Elijah's hand and Kim started to cry.

"Come on out," she said, her dark form entering the room. "Aunt Muzai only wants to take Kim for a little trip. I wouldn't want to hurt anybody, now would I?"

Elijah gripped Kim tighter as Muzai shoved over the dresser on the other side of the room. He couldn't let her take Kim. But what could he do? He gulped hard. He trained with Goten a lot. He knew he wasn't that strong, but maybe he could distract her long enough that Chris and Kim could get out and find a better place to hide.

"Chris…"

---

Muzai smiled. She could hear them talking, but it was just a little too low for her to make out their words. Not that it really mattered. They had given away their little hiding place. Her grin widened. No matter what the age they always try to hide from those stronger than them, she thought as she walked forward and knocked over a model kit of some kind. A dinosaur.

"Children," she called out sweetly in a vaguely singsong voice as her hand touched the side of the bunk beds. She knew they were on the other side. Probably cowering in absolute terror, waiting for their end. She'd seen that look many times. It only got better. "Come on, Aunt Muzai is tired of this little game." She waited for a moment and when nothing happened continued. "Well then, maybe you're behind this bed," she said getting a good grip and tugging, there was the pop of screws and nails pulling out of the wall, blessed destruction.

"Run!"

Muzai blinked for a moment before she realized they were moving and let go of the half broken bunk and made a grab for the three forms. "Shit," she cursed as Kim managed to run under her arm and Chris got around her on the other side. Elijah wasn't so lucky. Her forearm connected with his chest and sent him on his back. She growled and turned to follow the other two, but something latched onto her leg.

She looked down and shook her head. It was a pitiful sight really, the blond boy latched onto her leg to keep her from chasing after his siblings. "I'm going to give you one chance to let go," she said, "then I'm going to show you what it means to oppose a majin."

He looked up at her with defiant blue eyes and she hissed, "fine then." Her hand shot down and grabbed his shirt, hauling him up to her level and forcing him to let go. "I did warn you, didn't I? Now, don't think this is because I don't like kids," she smiled, "I have a few myself. I suppose they'd kind of be your half-siblings in a bizarre way."

He glared and her smile faded. "Brat," she growled as he tried to kick at her and she swatted his foot away. His other leg came up faster than she expected and his foot buried itself in her stomach. Muzai coughed, loosing her grip on Elijah's shirt and letting him crash to the floor. She stumbled back a moment, more out of surprise that he had kicked her than from pain.

Elijah fumbled to his feet quickly, but at soon as he was on them Muzai grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the broken bunk. "You little fuck," she screamed in his face as she moved and slammed him against the wall. "I am a fucking majin. Do you seriously think you can do anything to me? Do you even think your wussy little kick hurt?"

"Must've," Elijah coughed, trying to pry her hands from his neck. "You're getting pissed, ain't you."

Muzai's knee slammed into Elijah's stomach. The boy's eyes went wide with pain as he coughed and vomited onto floor. Muzai released her grip. "Koshi didn't tell me to kill you, so you get to live, consider yourself lucky, punk."

She turned and walked toward the door when she felt a hand weakly grab onto her ankle. She shook her head and didn't bother to stop, just dragging the boy into the hallway with her before she swung her leg back and gave him a hard kick to the face. His other hand grabbed hold of her ankle and finally she looked down at him. "You're persistent," Muzai growled, looking down at the boy, his face bleeding and dirty. She picked him up again, bringing him to face level. "But you're so fucking weak," she said as she punched him against the hallway wall and into unconsciousness.

---

Chris was scared. He clutched Kim's hand tight as they ran up the stairs. The scary woman was trying to get Kim and Elijah had told him to take her somewhere safe. Downstairs they could hear crashing and the mean lady saying something to Elijah. Chris didn't know what she was saying, but he heard bad words and it sounded very mean. He could still hear the crashing when he got to the top of the stairs and ran towards Leeli and Goten's room. That was where they always went when they were scared. It was the safest place ever.

Opening the door Chris pulled Kim in and closed the door, fumbling with the lock for a moment before he got it to click into place. He could hear someone walking up the stairs and what sounded like the pictures that had been hanging on the walls crashing.

"Chris, I'm scared," Kim said, through her tears, wiping her runny nose on the back of her sleeve. "Where's mommy and daddy and why did 'Lijah stay down stairs with the nasty lady?"

"I'm scared too," Chris said as they heard someone break something very large in the hall. "C'mon, let's hide," he said, grabbing Kim and pulling her toward the bed. He grabbed the blanket and wrapped Kim in it as he hid her behind the bedside table. He knew that blankets protected everyone from bad things, his father always told him that when he had bad dreams, and behind the table was the last place anyone looked when they were playing hide and seek with mommy and aunt Leeli.

Chris ran across the room. Now he had to find a place to hide himself.

The door shattered into a million pieces and Chris looked on horrified as the mean lady came into the room. "I've had it with this," she yelled, advancing forward. "I want the little girl and I want her now." She glared down Chris. "Where is your sister?"

Chris shook, his eyes wide, his mouth open, but unable to speak.

"Never mind," Muzai growled, "I see her." She walked forward, glaring at the bed and punching it in half out of frustration, before she made a grab at the shaking blanket behind the bedside table.

"No!" Chris yelled, running forward.

"Oh, not you too," Muzai said with exasperation as she backhanded the boy to the floor, knocking the wind out of him. "Don't try anything else, kid," she warned as she pulled the blanket off Kim and picked her up. "Stop crying!"

Chris managed to sit up and watch as Muzai formed a ki blast and took out one of the walls. He watched as she flew into the air and Kim screamed for help. He watched her disappear into the night sky. He crawled forward toward the blanket, pulling it around himself as he stared to cry and wondered why the blanket hadn't worked to save them this time.

[Prisoner of Love]