Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Leeli's Story ❯ Prisoner of Love ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5 part c

Prisoner of Love

Billy held the coat over him like a shield. After Elijah had shoved him in the closet he had heard a lot of crashing and a female voice he didn't recognize calling for them to come out. She sounded nice enough. But Billy had been good and hadn't moved or made a sound. Not even when the woman's fist crashed though the closet over his head.

That had been scary, Billy was still shaking from the fright it had given him. He'd been so scared he couldn't even cry. There had been more crashing as the woman went to the back of the house. He'd wanted to peek out when he heard yelling and what sounded like a fight, but Elijah had told him to sit still and not to make a sound. He shook violently. There had been a lot more crashing and the sound of glass shattering and a big boom upstairs; then everything went quiet and it'd been quiet for a while. Not a single sound. Not even the sound of his siblings moving about. That scared him. Chris and Kim were always moving about.

He wondered if they were okay. He knew they had to be because Elijah was with them and Elijah was their big strong brother. Nothing could hurt him. Still, he wanted someone to come get him. The closet was beginning to get very scary. It was dark, except for the jagged hole that let in filtered light, and the silence felt like it was echoing around him.

Billy began to shiver. He just wanted the bad things to stop happening and for one of his parents to get home and find him. Just as he thought that, he heard something move outside the closet.

---

Goten's eyes were wide and his mouth agape as he walked into his house, at least what was left of it. The lawn furniture had been knocked over outside and some of it was twisted in an impossible fashion. The front door hand been knocked over and, as he walked into the living room, he saw the couch and loveseat were tipped over. The loveseat was actually sticking though a hole in the side of he house and the couch had crushed the table. There was a hole in the closet and someone had knocked everything off the shelves.

"Holy shit!" Leeli's voice said from behind as she ran into the house. Goten wanted to turn and talk to her, but he couldn't. He didn't know if what Koshi had said was true. Maybe the destruction of the house would be like the destruction of the ties that bound her here. Or some symbolic thing that he never understood.

"What the fuck happened?" Leeli cursed as she walked up behind him.

"Where are the children?" he asked, feeling his panic rise as he remembered why he rushed home. He could feel their power levels, hard to tell how many at such close range, but it didn't feel like enough. It felt like someone was missing or dead. He gulped down hard. He didn't like that thought.

---

Leeli could feel her majin temper flaring and she tried to control it. When she realized Muzai hadn't been there she'd expected to come home to a little damage, the lawn furniture had been funny to see, but she hadn't expected this. This was over the line.

Her eyes narrowed as she walked around where Goten was looking about. She wanted to know where the children were and she wanted to know now. She growled and cursed slightly as she realized being angry when she found them would not be a good idea, especially if she found Elijah or Kim first. They were probably still traumatized about her knocking Trunks around. She felt a sudden pang of sadness in her chest and her anger disintegrated at the thought of any of the children being afraid of her.

She let out a sigh as her mind trailed back to what Mameko had said about them being the only ones that understood her. Leeli's eyes glanced over at Goten who was turning the couch right side up. She didn't think he actually intended to make her a baby machine… but…

---

"I remember the house looking less like a shithole when I left," Trunks joked as he stumbled in, clutching his side. He looked pretty bad, bruises were beginning to appear on his exposed arms and chest and there was a nasty cut on his cheek. He leaned on the turned over loveseat as he watched the strange, almost cold, lack of interaction between Leeli and Goten. He wasn't sure what the two majin women had said to them, but apparently it had not been a relationship strengthening pep talk. "Where are the kids?" he asked, noting the distinct lack thereof.

"I think they're hiding," Goten said, picking up the only picture frame that hadn't shattered and Leeli just shrugged, but her ear twitched.

"I heard something," she said, her ears twitching downward like a cats. "Sounds like whimpering."

"Where's it coming from?" Goten asked urgently.

Leeli cocked her head to the side for a moment. It was a very faint sound and even for her ears it was hard to pinpoint. "The closet," she said, running over and flinging open the door. A shriek of terror shattered the air and Leeli jumped back, covering her ears until the sounded died down.

"Mommy?" a cracking voice said as Leeli looked down at the little boy crawling out from under a jacket. "Mommy!" he yelled, jumping into Leeli's arms. "You came to get me!"

"Are you okay, Billy?" Goten asked, coming close and stroking back Billy's hair.

"What happened?" Trunks asked, pretty sure his son didn't need anyone else crowding around him at the moment.

"There was noise outside and Elijah got scared and put me in the closet and told me not to move or make a sound or anything until he came to get me or one of you got home. So I didn't move or make a sound or anything, not even when the lady put her fist through the closet or when she asked really nicely to come out or any of that. I just stayed in the closet really quiet like Elijah told me. But then I heard something that sounded like a fight or something back by where my and Chris's room is and…" Billy babbled on as Goten ran for the back of the house. All the color drained out of his face as he found Elijah.

The blond boy was curled in a heap, his knees bleeding from what looked like carpet burn, ugly bruises forming on his cheeks and neck, and, when Goten touched his head, a nasty bump on the back of his head. He was breathing though.

Billy was still babbling almost incoherently as Leeli ran up behind them. Her eyes went wide and she used a hand to cover Billy's eyes before he could see his older brother. "Is he okay?" she managed to breathe.

"He's breathing," Goten said, readjusting Elijah into a more comfortable position. "I don't think he's any danger of…" he trailed off before he said dying.

"So, what'd the bitch destroy back here?" Trunks' voice came trailing down the hallway as he limped down, trying to correct himself into a walk. "Damn, Leeli, you look like you've seen Kull again or something," he said as Leeli looked at him with a horrified guilty expression. His eyes looked past her and he caught sight of Elijah.

Trunks went silent and his face lost all semblance of its usual humor as he pushed past Leeli and fell to his knees next to Elijah. He looked ill as his hand trembled as he reached out and touched the boy's face, thanking fate that he was still warm.

"He must have tried to stop whoever it was," Goten said quietly, though he was pretty sure Trunks was beyond hearing him. "He'll be okay though. I'm going to go find the rest of the children," he said calmly, touching Trunks' shoulder as he stood up. Trunks didn't move; he just stared down at his brutally beaten son.

"… and then there was noise upstairs and I bet Chris went up there because it's always safe in Mommy and Daddy's room…" Billy continued to babble and Leeli and Goten exchanged horrified looks before Goten moved past them and ran up the stairs, hoping Chris and Kim would be alright. Leeli followed, but she couldn't move as fast holding Billy.

They arrived at nearly the same time, walking though the large break in their door. The bed had been broken in half and there was a huge hole where one of the walls had been. Chris was curled up next to the bed, rocking back and forth when he saw Leeli and Goten come in. He jumped to his feet and ran over to them, carrying a blanket with him.

"This blanket's defective," Chris said, holding it up toward Goten and sniffling. There were tear streaks down his face and a nasty bruise forming on his right cheek. "It didn't protect Kim."

It was Goten's turn to look absolutely ill. "What happened to Kim?" he asked, amazed at being able to keep his voice calm.

"The mean lady chased us up stairs and she broke the door," Chris said, "and Kim was hiding in that place where you never find us when we're playing hide and go seek, but she found her and the blanket didn't protect Kim. The mean lady just pulled it off and then she hit me," he pouted, pressing his bottom lip out, "and then she made a big hole," he pointed to where a wall had been, "and flew away with Kim and I didn't like that."

Goten slowly walked over and sat on the dilapidated bad. "They kidnapped my daughter," he said, hugging Chris as the boy pulled himself onto Goten's lap. "Why would they do that, Leeli?" he asked, his eyes begging for a reasonable explanation that he would understand. "Why?"

"Because…" Leeli said quietly, "it's what they do… they want me back… they won't hurt her," Leeli said in way of reassurance.

The door fell to the floor as Trunks kicked what was left of it down and carried the still unconscious Elijah into the room. He gave Leeli a look that gave her chills and she was glad she was holding Billy or she was pretty sure he would have hit her on sight.

"Who did this, Leeli?" Trunks asked in a low and calm voice that sounded very unnatural coming from him. He lay Elijah down on the floor and he glared up at Leeli. "I want their name and I want it now!"

Leeli opened her mouth, but no sound came out. When she was with the majins she had seen many things, people terrified of her, people desperately trying to defend, people that stared defiantly at her as she carried out their death sentence and none of that had scared her or even given her a moment pause. But the look Trunks was giving her now… that was terrifying. His eyes looked ready to kill and in his current state of mind Leeli wasn't sure that he could differentiate between majins.

"Leeli, tell me!" he yelled, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her. "Who was it?!"

"Trunks!" Goten snapped, breaking though to his purple haired friend. "You're scaring the children, stop it."

Trunks blinked a moment, looking at the horrified Billy, still clutching hold of Leeli and then at Chris who looked about ready to cry. He let go of Leeli's shoulders and stepped away, looking aimlessly out the large hole in the wall as he learned against the doorframe. "Sorry," he said.

Leeli looked at Trunks and then over at Goten. This was her fault. She had never seen Goten looking so sad and depressed, not even when his mother had died. And Trunks, she gulped, she had never seen him so angry, ever. Even when Kull had been destroying the world city by city he'd still been making wisecracks. She hugged Billy tighter. They had to get Kim back; even if Goten never wanted to see her again she was going to get Kim back.

"Let's take the children some place safe," Goten said softly, picking up Chris as he got to his feet and took off out the hole in the wall. "We can figure out what do to then."

Trunks didn't say anything but picked up Elijah to follow Goten.

Leeli clutched Billy against her chest as she followed them into the night sky. She was going to get Kim back if it was the last thing she did.