Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mia ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own DBZ, though, that would be nice, since I would probably have a lot more money than I do now, and I wouldn't need to be in school right now...I do, however, own my own characters in this story: Mia Burgolis, Natalie Burgolis, and Gary Burgolis, as well as any minor characters. I also co-own some other characters and there is one that may show up that you should know about: Ann (Son) Briefs. Ann is Gohan's younger sister and is married to Mirai Trunks. (Ann's story is very long and strange, and I will put it up soon.) Enjoy my fic!! (Gee, I ramble a lot!!)


Chapter...Whatever(can't remember what chapter I'm on...I really don't use chapters.)


Mia was relieved the next day when she realized she would not have to train at all. She had the entire day all to herself; no school, no training...life was good. She cooked breakfast and ate twice her normal amount, then she went up to her room to do what she had been wanting to do for a long time...clean her room. She had been meaning to get around to it for months now, but training had always gotten in the way of it. It was a pig sty. It took over an hour to get it finished to her satisfaction.
After that, Mia picked up a book and put a CD on and sat down to read. She soon got bored of that and traded her book for a pencil and paper. She 'doodled' a few drawings that would have made any artist green with envy (she always said they were doodles, but they were usually good enough to frame and hang up). She got bored with that too, and went downstairs again and turned on the television. There was nothing on, and she was soon wishing for something fun to do that would occupy her for more than an hour or so. She decided to make lunch, even though it was only half past eleven o'clock.
When she had finished eating, she decided that she would go see some of her friends. Since her only friends were her parent's friends, none of them was her age, and they were all too old for school. She went downstairs to the Gravity Room, and told her mother that she was headed to Capsule Corp.

She flew to the old, slightly outdated house that served as Capsule Corp. headquarters, and home to an old pair of family friends, the Briefs. She liked the Briefs. The couple who lived there had been there for ages. Bulma had been the first to find Goku after his Grandpa had died, and Vegeta had been there since the Z-team had come back from Old Namek. They never got married ceremonially, but they had most definitely been a couple for long enough that it didn't matter one way or another. There was no way that they would ever have anyone else. They lived alone, unless you counted the many cats and dogs and stray animals that were there from when Bulma's parents were alive. Both Bulma and Vegeta were over 150 years old, but neither of them looked a day over forty-five. This was because they had asked the dragonballs for eternal youth to make sure that the earth had a strong line of defense until someone else who was strong enough came and took their place. That day had yet to come, and at this rate, those two would be alive forever.
Mia had heard many stories of her great-great-great grandfather from them, and always loved to hear them again. Some of them seemed outrageous to her, like the way Vegeta had attacked Earth; the way they told it, Vegeta seemed to be really mean and cruel, but she couldn't see how that was possible...the man was too kindhearted, there was no way he could have been so mean.
Mia landed at the doorstep of the Brief's house and knocked on the door. No one answered. She frowned and rang the doorbell. They were probably in their work rooms. She heard a *ding!* and then, "Hello, we're unable to answer the door right now. We're both busy. Can I ask who this is?" asked Bulma's voice from a little box by the door. *They must be in their workshops, fixing something.* she thought to herself.
"Hey, Bulma, it's me, Mia. Can I come in?" Mia said to the box, and waited for an answer.
"Hold on, dear. One of us will be right there to let you in." Bulma answered from her workroom. *I wonder why Mia's here, and not in school...* She called Vegeta on her speakers, "Geta, dear, can you go open the door? Are you too busy?"
"Nah, I'll be just a sec..." he answered back. He had been in his workroom, fixing up a helicopter. He wiped smudges from his hands and answered the door. "Mia? What are you doing here? Is something wrong?" asked Vegeta when he saw who was at the door. "Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?"
"I was suspended. I'd rather not talk about it now, I had a very bad day yesterday. I was wondering if you guys had anything you wanted help with. I'm kinda bored and out of things to do."
"Yeah, sure, come on in." Vegeta said, letting her in. "I'm sure that we can find something around this place we can give you to do. Bulma's fixing my Gravity machine again. Third time this week. She won't show me how to fix it, or I'd be the one doing it instead of her. I swear, she must fix it so that it breaks every once-in-awhile, so she doesn't get stuck with the boring chores like fixing up the copters and stuff. She's a plotter, that one. I got stuck with the helicopters again.... Would you like to help out? There are only four or five more to go, and if we can finish these pretty quickly, then we can do some more interesting stuff..." Vegeta said.
"Sure. I'd love to help." Mia agreed, following Vegeta back to his workroom, "What's wrong with 'em this time? I hope it's not what I think it is..."
"Unfortunately...it is that. The transmissions need some work. And the engines in a couple are shot, and on one, the battery cell needs to be replaced and updated."
"Gee, that's a lot of work! Oh well. Let's get to it and get it over with." Mia said with enthusiasm.

They entered the workroom and Vegeta gave her two encapsulated copters to work on. Then, he went to the speakers and called Bulma up. "Onna," he said, calling her by his version of a pet name, "Mia's going to help me out with the copters here. We should be done in a couple of hours, and I expect that we will want a break then. You will be joining us, right." he said. This was not a question; he knew that Bulma would want to talk with Mia and would not pass up a chance for a break. "We'll call when we're done."
"Yes, Geta, I'll be coming." Bulma said simply.
Vegeta grunted and went to work on the copter he had been working on when Mia knocked. Mia started on hers. The time seemed to fly by as they worked in near silence. Neither one talked much to the other, but they liked it that way. They had been working for just over a couple hours, when they finally finished the work. (Superhuman speed and strength come in handy when working on projects such as these.) Vegeta called 'the Onna' and they made their way into the living room.

Bulma met them there and the three of them began to talk about what had been happening in there lives lately. Vegeta frowned when she told them about her release from training and what her mother had said.
"Why would she stop your training, girl? Is she crazy? What if something attacks us and you're the only one left? She needs to train you! You are just as talented as any other one of us!" he said fervently. It wasn't right, a Saiyan not fighting or learning to fight, even a part-Saiyan needed to fight! It just wasn't right!
"Well, I didn't want to do it anyway. Fighting just isn't for me. I hate training. It's so boring. And it isn't very useful in the normal, day to day world. All she ever thinks about is the 'what-if', fantastical, not-probable world of an attack on earth! It's not likely to happen." Mia said stubbornly.
"'NOT PROBABLE'??? Are you kidding?!" said Vegeta in exasperation, "It isn't just a possibility that we will be attacked, it's most definitely a PROBABILITY since we are so defenseless. There are very few people in this time who could stand up to a powerful attacker. Me, your mother, you could have been if you were still training, and you'd stand a chance against a slightly strong attacker, more that most, Krillin could stand about as much as you right now, as old as he is, as could Number 18, and if we could FIND them, MY offspring! That's not that many! We need you all! Anyone with any sense of strategy, or any sense for that matter, would attack now while our defenses are weak--"
"I KNOW!!!" Mia yelled, cutting Vegeta's rant short (she didn't want to listen to him when he got into a rant full-swing). "I know; my mom went through the whole thing with me! Gee Whiz! You'd think you two were the same person, the way you rant! Anyway, she said that she was fed up with my constant non-progress. She said that I didn't have the drive and that my saiyan part wasn't strong enough to counteract the part of me that doesn't want to learn to fight. I'd have to agree with her."

Vegeta sulked; he crossed his arms and frowned, but refrained from saying anything more. Bulma decided to change the subject. "So, how did the copters turn out? Did you two get them all fixed up alright?"
Mia smiled and told her about the copter that had needed a new battery cell update and how the updated cell wouldn't fit at first and how she had fixed it. The conversation remained pleasant as the afternoon came to an end and evening rolled around. Mia decided that it was time to head home and start dinner. She asked the Briefs if she could come back the next day and the next to help out around their workshops. They happily agreed and she bade them goodnight and flew home.

The next two days went by and when Saturday came, Mia was ready to relax. She went to another friend of her family's who had been there as long as the Briefs had. He lived on an island with his wife and a strange assortment of talking animals. Krillin, who had been Goku's best friend since their childhood; 18, the former android with whom Krillin fell in love during the time that she and her comrades were attacking Earth; Puar, who was a floating, shape shifting cat that had been good friends with Yamcha; and Oolong, a shape shifting pig who was the biggest coward of the entire group; and finally, Turtle, who had been Master Roshi's friend and companion on the tiny island while the great Turtle Hermit had been alive. All of them were extremely old, as none of them had wished for youth like the Briefs, but all of them knew how to relax. They were the gods of recreation! Mia showed up at Kame house and knocked on the door. Krillin answered and showed her inside. His wife was cleaning the small house, leaving not a single speck of dust or dirt anywhere. Her favorite saying was, "Who can relax in a pigsty? No one wants to party in a dump!" She came up with it herself, and said it as often as she could to remind the others to keep the place clean.
"Hey, guys!:" Mia greeted.
"Hi, Mia, what brings you here?"
"The need for relaxation!!" she said, grinning from ear to ear. "Thought I'd come up here and take a break."
"Well, you've come to the right place! You can definitely relax here!"
The day was spent swimming and watching television and pigging out on ice cream and pizza. They talked about goings on and caught up on each other's lives. There was laughter and games and endless fun, and no one said anything about Mia's end to training. All too soon, the day ended and Mia went back home, feeling happier than she had in weeks.

Little did she know that the bliss would not last very long. Far away, in a dark corner of the northern part of the galaxy, on a black and purple planet, a demon lord was plotting. He was a very powerful lord, and wanted a new planet to rule over, this one was no longer worth his time as it was almost completely dead. He had looked far and long, long and far, and finally found a planet that was worthy of his attention. It posed a challenge that he could not pass up, for it was home to the last of the Saiyan race. The last full-blooded Saiyan, as well as several part-Saiyans, would be a good challenge. They of course wouldn't be close to a threat for him, he was too powerful, but they would be fun to toy with. He just needed to make sure that they didn't have two fuse together. That would be too much trouble. No, he needed to fight them alone to make sure that didn't happen. He needed a plan to separate them while he fought them. And once they were out of his hair, he would have free reign over their world. So he plotted and planned and pored over his ideas until he came up with a suitable blueprint for his world conquest. He would take out the strongest fighter first, working his way down to the weakest. The first victim would be the one called Vegeta, the former Prince of Saiyans from a long-dead planet. Yes, Vegeta would most definitely be first. He would then go after the Prince's offspring, they were the next strongest, however much they tried to hide it, he could tell that they were. He would then go after the one called Natalie and her offspring, Mia. With them out of the way, he could control the entire population of Earth, that blue-green orb with swirly white clouds, that disgustingly beautiful planet. He would turn it into a graveyard planet, and turn the clean-looking bright colors into dirty browns and grays; turn its perfect surface dark and evil like his home. Evil, maniacal laughter rang forth from the ugly, evil palace, and he began to make the necessary preparations for his impending journey to Earth.

Vegeta was distracted from his work; something was not quite right somewhere. He didn't know where the feeling came from, or why he felt it, but it felt like an impending doom was near. He shook the feeling and continued working, pondering this feeling of his, wondering if it was just paranoia or if the feeling had something to it. He was thinking about his feeling so much, that his hand slipped as he was turning a bolt and he fell forward into the copter he was working on face first. "YEEAAOW!" he yelled, clamping his hand over his smarting nose. "$#!@!! Stupid wrench!" he swore, chucking said tool to the floor in frustration. He stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. He stumped downstairs and threw himself into a chair in the living room. He grumbled to himself as he thought about what that feeling could have been. He couldn't think of anything specific that it could be, so he stopped thinking about it. His stomach gave a loud grumble, signaling that it was time to eat (he hadn't eaten since early in the afternoon). He got up and called Bulma on the call-box, and said grumpily, "Onna, I'm hungry. Quit working on that thing and make me dinner!"



***Okay, peoples! I hope you enjoyed that! Please review so that I can fix it up some. I know that Veggie is very out of character. He's supposed to be. He has changed so much in the century or so that has passed since he was the prideful, a**hole guy he was when Goku was around...The guy we all know (and in my case, love!) isn't there anymore. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the dragonballs aren't supposed to be there for real in the real series, but when I first started planning this story years ago, I didn't know that, because I hadn't found so much info on DBGT. I haven't even seen GT yet, so I was working with the info I had. Since I wanted to have Bulma and Geta in my story, I decided to have them use the dragonballs to have everlasting youth until the Z team was reinforced. I know it's kind of lame, but, hey, it works. You'll like the next parts of the story. Things get very... interesting... and very complicated... Hope to hear from you! Thanks for reading!***