Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mia ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

On Vile Planet:


"But, Sire! We are building as fast as we can! Please! Give us just a little more--URGHHHH!" plead the blue fishy being from the floor before a throne shrouded in darkness. Two glaring red eyes bore down on the dust-covered, ill-clothed, pitiable creature as it begged for the sake of its people. A hand, shrouded in shadow, snaked out and grabbed the creature by its throat and squeezed until its black, bead like eyes bulged from their sockets like a frightened gerbil's. The sight of this amused the owner of the hand and a melodious tenor laugh floated down from the throne and the glaring eye squinted in satisfaction at the tortured thing as it turned purple.

Suddenly, the laughter stopped and the glare returned in spades as the hand dumped the creature back on the floor. A deceptively sweet-sounding voice said, "I don't care what it takes, humble servant, I want that ship ready to leave by tomorrow at sundown. I will not be happy if you fail me. Now go from my sight and tell my other humble servants what I request."

The pitiful creature scrambled backwards out of the room on its hands and knees, then ran from the terrible palace. The melodious laughter rang out again, following the fishy creature as it fled.


On Earth:


"What? Are you serious? You actually think that feeling really meant something?" asked Vegeta doubtfully.

"Well if you were distracted by it like that, then it's very probable. Of course, I may just be overreacting a little, but I do think that Goku could sense that sort of thing. I mean, how else could he have always shown up just when we needed him? Maybe your senses have gotten better." Bulma replied calmly.

"Yes, Goku did always show up when he was most needed..." Vegeta mused, "or when he was least wanted, depending on your point of view. I guess it's possible he had some sort of 'danger radar' or something. Should we put everyone on alert? I don't want to alert them unless it's really necessary."

"That would be a smart move. You could probably convince Natalie to let you use her g-room while I'm fixing yours. And if nothing happens in about a week, then we can probably safely say that your feeling meant nothing."

"Yeah, you're right." Vegeta said, wolfing down a bowl of noodles that lay forgotten in his hand. "How long has it been since I've trained? How many years?" he wondered aloud, resting the half-empty bowl on the edge of the table, forgetting it once again.

"At least twenty since you've done any real training. And you stopped trying to get stronger soon after Goku died, and that's been almost a century."

"I'm going to be rusty. Great. I'll probably be aching for a week after this...wonderful."

"Well, then; you better go ask Nat for her g-room, Geta, and get training a.s.a.p. Go on, I'll call her and tell her you're coming."

They both stood up and began to clear the table. Once the dishes were safely stacked on the counter, Vegeta decided to play a little before he left. His arms snaked around Bulma's waist from behind and pulled her into a tight hug. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. She grinned and giggled, her face flushed pink. She twisted in his arms and turned her head up and kissed Vegeta back, then shooed him out the door. He smirked and did as he was told, floating slowly upward. Bulma called after him in mock seriousness, telling him to be back by 8:30, or else.... Then she grinned and waved him off.

Back on Vile Planet:


It was the deadline for the ship that the evil king had requested and the natives were still scurrying around, trying to finish building the thing. The tyrant stormed from the doors of the black castle and demanded loudly, "Why have you not finished?! It was to be ready NOW!!" His voice wasn't the melodic tenor it had been in the throne room; it had become harsh and growling. "Insolent fools! How dare you betray me, the conqueror of worlds, the all-powerful Bubbles?! You will pay dearly for this treachery!" He leapt into the crowd and grabbed two unwitting slaves, crushing their necks. He laughed and dropped them to the ground, jumping back into the crowd of screaming fish-people. He exterminated almost 2/3's of what remained of the population and then looked around him. "NOW GET BACK TO WORK!! THIS SHIP WILL BE READY BY NOON!" He turned, his cape billowing out behind him, and glided back inside.

The few remaining slaves worked throughout the night and into the morning. The ship, though not good looking, was ready for takeoff by midmorning. Bubbles herded the people into a small holding cell, barely large enough to accomodate the survivors, and locked them in. The Dark Lord Bubbles got on after his "cargo" had been secured and set in a course for earth on the computer of the tiny ship. If there had been windows on the ship, the view below would have sickened any sane person. Bodies were scattered around an ugly black palace. Smoke rose from deserted, crumbling walls of once-impressive and majestic buildings once stood. Bubbles' flag weakly limped in small gusts of wind. As the craft rose, one would have been able to tell that the ground around the once-beautiful city was scorched from energy attacks. What plants there had been were now dead and burnt, the few trees that still stood were blackened with very short and few branches. As it rose still higher, everything began to be shrouded in dark clouds of dust and smoke and ashes. The demon king Bubbles smiled to himself and the thought of making the earth look like this worthless dirtball and laid back and dreamed of his evil plans.

Authoress Note: You know, I spent ages trying to find a sinister sounding name for my demon king...I ended up just writing down the first word that came to mind in place of his name so that I could continue writing my story. Then, as I wrote, the temporary name began to grow on me and I finally decided to not change it to a sinister name as I originally planned. I mean, how funny is it that his name is Bubbles of all things!! Now, I know that Bubbles is the name of North Kai's pet monkey, and that will be addressed later in the story, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, for awhile, this story is going to seem as if it should be named for Vegeta, because he'll be in the spotlight for awhile. But don't worry, there'll be plenty of Mia in the coming chapters!