Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mia ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I hope you enjoyed that last installment. I'm sorry it took so long for me to type it up and everything. Please, please, please leave me reviews. Criticize me, encourage me, something; ANYTHING!!!!! *clears throat* Anyway, on with the story. I do not own DBZ or any of its original characters, though the other characters belong to me. Enjoy!


On Earth:

"...so is it alright if I use your gravity room for awhile, just in case?" asked Vegeta after his explanation of the events that had taken place in his workroom and what he and Bulma had decided about it.

"Yeah, sure. You're always welcome to use it if yours is broken. I need to do some real training as well, after all that time I spent holding back for Mia. I wish she had more of a talent for it. Or maybe it was just me; maybe I'm not a good teacher." Natalie mused.

"Of course you're a good teacher, Girl! I taught you!" Vegeta joked.

"Well that explains it!" Natalie joked back. "But I'm being serious; what if it was my fault she didn't learn."

"It's not your fault, Nat. You know that. We should look into having her train with me sometime."

"Yeah, but not just yet. She seems to be happy without fighting, though. Maybe we should just let her be."

"We can discuss this later. Let's get to work; I have a time-limit tonight."



On Vile Ship:

The Dark Lord Bubbles was getting impatient. It would be a week still before his ship reached Earth, but he wanted to be there NOW. Even at his ship's fastest, it was too slow. *Baka slaves! Filthy, unworthy, spiteful, loathsome creatures! They did this on purpose! They will DIE!!" He swept out of the room and into the holding cell to dispel his frustration.


On Earth:

After a satisfyingly grueling week of training, Vegeta was flying home from Natalie's in the predawn dimness. Nothing bad had happened and he began to think that his "premonition" was bogus. No wars--interstellar or otherwise--no surprise attacks from alien invaders with sinister plots to take over the world, or attempts to blow up the world, and definitely no demon kings. It was beginning to look like he had panicked for no reason and he was a little ashamed, but he was making progress in his training again since he started trying again. He had forgotten how good it felt to test his powers to the limit. Still, he was nowhere near to his old maximum power, and he was starting to get frustrated because he could not surpass even SSJ2. He couldn't understand why he couldn't get to SSJ3 after having been able to for so long. He decided that it was just that he was out of shape.

*Hmph. Just like Gohan was after the Cell Games. What would my father say? Like I care. Of course, it could be because I'm getting old. Heh. Yeah, sure, let's make excuses, why don't we. You're not getting old, stupid, the Dragon Balls have taken care of that. You have the body of a thirty year old combined with all the strength you are capable of. You just got lazy in the time when you didn't have to fight.*

Meanwhile, half an hour away in space, Bubbles watched the dot on the screen that was labeled 'EARTH' as it came closer to the center of the screen. "It's almost time!" he said with an insane edge to his voice, then laughed maniacally. Five of the fish-creatures were left after his fits of frustration. They huddled in a corner, shivering, waiting helplessly for their captor's next fit. Bubbles was too concentrated on his plots to do anything of the sort.

Not long after, in a deserted field in the middle of nowhere near West City, a dull, multicolored hull descended in a cloud of dust. Shaped like a tentacle-less jellyfish, the craft was an odd thing to look at. Patches of different metals overlapped, making it look as if it had been repaired several times with any metal that was close at hand. It was beat up and scratched from whatever the metal had been used for before, but there was not a single speck of dirt on it. With a 'whoosh' and a 'whirr', the door of the craft began to lower. But only halfway down, there was a 'CRUPABANTKAtcha...pfffffffft...' as the door jammed. Curses from many different and unrecognizable languages could be heard streaming from the inside of the craft before, 'KABANG!', the door flew off its hinges.

Lord Bubbles climbed angrily out of the ship into the dark, chilly, late spring morning. He turned and kicked the hull and growled, "Piece of junk." before looking around him at his surroundings. He sighed at the sheer lack of...well...anything worthy of attention. He muttered,"Could be worse, I suppose...I don't know how, but things can always be worse.... Well, better get to work."

Vegeta was tired. He was very tired. He'd been working all day, training as hard as he could to see how much he could improve. In fact, he was almost too tired to notice that there was a strange power level in one of West City's suburbs. But once he did notice, he perked up as if he'd had a liquid saiyan-ton of caffeine. (AN: Bulma created a new set of measurements. Saiyan-measurements are sort of like taking regular measurements and boosting them to fit a saiyan. So a saiyan-ton is like maybe a hundred real tons. I'm not exactly sure what the relation is human to saiyan, so I can't tell exactly how much a saiyan-ton really would be.) He checked and rechecked to see if he was sensing it correctly and when he was sure that something odd was going on, he booked it towards the suburbs.

Back at Capsule Corp. Headquarters, Bulma was watching the news. A story came on about an attack on Bourbon County. "...There's a monster attacking Bourbon County!" the reporter yelled into the mic. Scenes of energy blasts from the sky above demolishing buildings, roads, and cars and killing screaming people were shown as the reporter fumblingly tried to explain what was happening amidst the chaos.

Suddenly, the camera jerked upward as the reporter shouted, "Look! That gut is flying! And he's stopped the attack! Huh? Where are they going? Oh well, THE CITY IS SAVED!! Y-" Bulma turned off the television. Her face was pale and drawn. "Geta! Please come back in one piece. Please be careful!" she whispered into the darkness around her, oblivious to the movement in the shadows behind her.




Yay! Cliffie! Hope you enjoyed it! Drop me a review!