Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mia ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi I'm back. I guess you knew that since you're reading this. Anyway, three chapters within a week...wow, how cool is that! Anyway, I sort of wanted to leave you hanging for awhile on that cliffie, but it really wasn't that much of a cliffie so I decided to just go ahead with the story. So here I go. I don't own DBZ or its characters...etc. etc....you get the idea.



Vegeta looked behind him to make sure the alien was still following him. It was. He looked around him for a good battleground. He saw a vaguely familiar spot. It was where he first fought Goku. He didn't think it was a very good idea to battle here, after all, it is bad luck to fight twice on a battlefield you've lost on before, so he kept looking. The alien had other ideas, however. He halted and said, "This is far enough. We will not go any farther."

Sighing, Vegeta turned back and landed on the cliffside. *Maybe I'll have better luck this time.* He took a defensive stance and watched his opponent's eyes. They glinted as his own had once, with evil delight, thirst for power, and most importantly, pride. If he had been in another situation, Vegeta might have reflected upon his past; instead, he turned his attention to studying his adversary.

Vegeta's trademark smirk crept slowly onto his face. He felt his blood become like fire, burning through his veins. He began to remember his instinctive lust for battle and Saiyan pride that the years had buried in a dark corner of his mind. His energy returned to him at the anticipation of battle.

He waited and watched the person opposite him...and waited, and waited. Finally he couldn't stand to wait anymore. "Fine, if you won't start this, then I will!" he yelled as he charged.

His opponent smirked and charged as well. They met in a flurry of fists and kicks and fought to a stand off. Vegeta groaned with effort as the other barely showed a slight strain. When Vegeta noticed his opponent's apparent strength, his eyes widened and he asked, "Who the hell are you?!"

Insane laughter followed, "I am the great conqueror of worlds, and your doom, Vegeta. You will join me or die. If you join me, you will have all the power you could want...but I don't mind killing you instead!"

Vegeta rolled his eyes. "How many times have I heard that line. Heck, I practically invented it. Let's think...NO. What you offer is nothing but another form of slavery. Besides, why give up when I can win? And I meant, 'What is your name?', Baka!"

"Well, in that case, I am the end of the line for you, gnat. You wish to know my name, the name of your end? I am the great and mighty Lord Bubbles!"

Vegeta broke off and fell back as he began to laugh. "Bubbles!? Seriously? Oh, how funny!" He laughed for awhile as Bubbles's anger boiled. He threw himself at Vegeta, wrapping his hands around the saiyan's neck. Vegeta was surprised, but he reflexively grabbed Bubbles's wrists. Bubbles rammed him into the nearest cliffside as Vegeta struggled to breathe. Though dizzy from lack of air, Vegeta managed to turn SSJ2 and pulled Bubbles off, throwing him into the rock face a few yards away. He gasped and spluttered for air as he shook the dizziness from his head, scolding himself for letting his guard down in a fight.

"Okay, you're really starting to make me angry." said Vegeta as evenly as he could manage as Bubbles picked himself up from the rubble and dusted himself off with a smirk plastered onto his face.

"Good, I'm glad. That just makes it even more fun, as well as making it easier." he said, charging at Vegeta with a fresh surge of attacks.

"Shows what you know about Saiyans. I don't think you realize, Lord Bubbles, that Saiyans tend to get stronger when we're angry." Vegeta mocked as he quickly gained the upper hand.

Bubbles was not in the least worried about how fast Vegeta's power grew or that he was losing horribly; in fact, he was smirking as they broke away again. They were both out of breath, but Bubbles began to laugh.

"I don't know if you realize, Prince Vegeta, that I am not fighting with all of my power. I'm just toying with you!"

Vegeta's eyes narrowed and his smirk melted into a frown. "You're bluffing. Granted you're holding back. That much I can tell. However, you are exaggerating to catch me off guard. I'm not fooled by your lies, Bubbles."

"Would you like a little proof of my truthfulness, dear Prince?" Bubbles cooed, sorely reminding Vegeta of Frieza.

"Would you stop calling me that! I'm not a prince!" Vegeta growled. " And yes, show me this power you are hiding from me. But hurry up so that I can finish you off and get home. You're cutting into my free time."

"You want to see your wife again, don't you, Prince? Well, even if you do somehow 'finish me off,' as you say, you won't ever see her again!"

Mortified by what his words could mean, Vegeta blanched and turned his attention to Capsule Corp. The five surviving fish-men had been sent to C.C. and were at that very moment trying to subdue Bulma. She was putting up a good fight, though. Just then, Natalie and Mia appeared from nowhere at the battlefield.

Vegeta didn't notice their arrival until Natalie called out to him, "Everything under control?"

He barely acknowledged her, his blood was boiling so. "Is this your power? Lies? Blackmail? Rubbish. You filthy, cheating bastard!"

"Yes, it's a lovely power, isn't it? But wait, there's more to see. Look now to your friends over there, my dear Prince." Suddenly, around Mia and Natalie golden energy spread in a sphere. "You've probably seen something of this sort at some point. See, if I do this..." he said and snapped his fingers. Natalie and Mia were instantly screaming in pain as their cages sent simulated lightning bolts through their bodies sucking their energy. "...and it's instant torture!" He snapped his fingers again and the torture stopped.

Vegeta had seen some pretty low things in his life, he had done many low things in his life, but this was going too far. He couldn't let his friends or his wife get hurt, but what could he do that wouldn't endanger them? Seeing Vegeta's internal struggle, Bubbles snapped his fingers again, a grin plastered on his face. The screams of his friends cut to his heart like a knife. He couldn't stand it any more! He dropped his stance and said quietly, "What is it you want?"

"I want your life, Prince. Your life for the lives of your loved ones. This is a one-time offer though. Take it or leave it."

"My death will buy their freedom?" he asked cautiously.

"NO!! Don't do it! He's lying, Geta!" yelled Mia as she sobbed in pain.

Vegeta pretended he didn't hear her, but could not keep the single tear from coursing down his cheek.

"Yes. I will let your friends leave if you let me kill you...slowly..." an insane grin lit up his face as he snapped his fingers again.

"Then I'll give it freely."

"NO! NO!!" cried Mia. Natalie pulled Mia into a hug as Vegeta powered down to his natural state. Tears streamed down his face as he trudged forward to his fate.

Mia and Natalie were helpless at the moment, but they vowed to get revenge. Not too long after, the ward around mother and daughter vanished and they heard terrible laughter over the ridge.

"NO!" Mia cried again as she realized what this meant. "Geta...he's, he's really gone..." she whispered.

"Don't worry, Mia, everything will be fine. Let's go before Bubbles changes his mind and decides to cheat." Mia nodded and the two of them disappeared from the battlefield, appearing on the C.C. front lawn. Natalie leaned down and said, "Now, we need to be strong for Bulma, so try not to cry so much, okay?"

Mia nodded and hugged her shoulders for comfort. She knew he was only in Otherworld, probably arguing a bit with King Yamma about his and Bulma's wishes for perpetual youth. She still felt miserable. It was, after all, her fault he was dead. She just had to be trapped in that stupid bubble.



So, how'd you like it? Let me know. Yeah, I know Vegeta was really stupid there, but I really had to kill him. If you knew me well, you'd know I hated to do that. I love Vegeta so much, so killing him off wasn't easy. But just wait till you see what I do to him next... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! The next chapter's all about Vegeta!