Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is a fic based on an idea that the great author Burenda gave me! I hope she likes how I'm gonna write it!

This fic is an A/U (like most fics) and takes place before the Buu Saga. Goku is still alive and didn't die in the Cell Games. Goten and Trunks both have tails. Goten is 7 and Trunks is 8.

Bardock has gotten to keep his body because he tried to stop Frieza.

I'm not sure who the main character is. It's probably either Goten or Bardock, (or both).

I'm a victim of American dubbing, so some of the character names will be the English ones and some won't. If you know what the Japanese ones are then e-mail me or tell me in a review.

Well, that's about it. If there is something wrong with my story, tell me what it is in a review and I'll try to fix it. Flames are welcome.

Disclaimer: *clears throat* I do not own DragonBall Z or its characters. *thinks for a moment* Actually, one of my e-mail addresses is cutiegoten, so does that count as owning Goten!? *someone throws a rock at Abi and she get's hit in the head* Itai! That hurt! *rubs head* I guess it doesn't mean anything.... Anyway, I do own the ideas for this story.... Wait a minute.... Since Burenda gave me this idea, then doesn't she own the ideas for this story? Yeah.... I guess she does.... Well I do own any characters I make up!

My Grandpa's a Ghost

(Prologue)

Bardock sighed as he looked in front of him and surveyed the long line of souls. He closed his eyes and shook his head. He put his hands behind his head and looked up into the endless yellow sky.

Honestly! This is way too much trouble to go through just to ask King Yema a question!

"Next!" He heard King Yema's loud voice call from the very front of the line. The whole line moved up.

At least the line's moving..., he muttered to himself.

"Next!"

~*~

Finally, it was Bardock's turn in line.

"Bardock! What are you doing up here? I thought you died quite a few years ago!" King Yema exclaimed.

"Hai I did. Against Frieza-baka, remember?"

"I sure do. So what brings you here?"

"I need to ask you a question. Do you think you could let me go see how my family is doing? The one on chikyuu?"

King Yema looked at Bardock in surprise.

"Bardock.... Gomen, but I can't allow you to go and see your family. Not with your body and no request from one of the Kai's. It's against the rules."

Bardock looked down.

"Wakatta."

Bardock turned to leave.

"Demo...." King Yema started, making Bardock stop. "I can allow you to go to chikyuu to see them in ghost form."

Bardock looked at him. "In ghost.... form...? What's the hell does that mean?"

"It means that you can go to earth and see your family but they won't be able to see you."

~*~

Goten looked at the yon-star dragonball on its little pillow as Goku told him why it was the most special dragonball to him. They both sat in a chair next to the table that had the dragonball lying on top of it out in Ojiisan Gohan's old house.

"....before Ojiisan Gohan died, he gave it to me and I always think of it as containing Ojiisan Gohan's sprit." Goku told him.

"'Tousan? Was Ojiisan Gohan nice?" Goten asked.

Goku nodded.

"What about your otousan? Was he nice?"

Goku stared at his youngest son, a little taken back by his question.

"Well, I never knew my otousan. I pray he was." Goku answered.

Goten nodded at his father's answer. He picked up the dragonball and started at the four red stars.

"I wish I could meet Ojiisan, 'Tousan." Goten whispered to him.

"I suppose it would be nice...."

"Goku, Goten! It's suppertime!" Chi-Chi called their house.

"Coming Chi-Chi! Let's go Goten." Goku said, standing up and starting to walk back to the house.

"Hai, 'Tousan!" Goten said, placing the dragonball gently back on the pillow. That's what I wish for! That I could see and meet Ojiisan!, Goten thought to himself before following his otousan. He didn't notice the dragonball glow a bright gold quickly before returning to its normal color.

~*~

"So then....I can see them?" Bardock asked.

King Yema nodded. "Hai. But remember that they can't see you. Don't forget that."

"Don't worry! I won't!"

"Good. Now go to chikyuu before I change my mind! Just go through that door and you should end up on chikyuu. Sayoonara Bardock. And don't mess anything up!"

"Arigatou, Yema-sama! Sarabada!" Bardock called to him as he ran to through the door. He didn't give damn that it went way out of his character, he was just excited that he was going to get to see his family.

~*~

A/N: So? How was it? I hope that it was good. Please review (flames are welcome)!

That's about it! Again, thanks to Burenda for the idea for this story! *gives Burenda a thumbs up* You're so awesome, sugoi, and nice! You all should definitely read her story, Wish for the Past! It's an awesome story!