Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ 2 Chibi Saiya-jins, an invisible Saiya-jin, and a mall ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ohayo! I'm back and feeling better than ever!! I feeling a ton better thanks to friends and family support and, also, thank you everyone that comforted me in reviews. They were all so sweet and you have no idea how much they mean to me. I dedicate this chapter to all of those who helped me! Arigatou Domo!!!

This week is gonna be sorta hectic. My birthday is on Monday and my party's next Friday, so don't expect any updates on those two days! I will work on the next chapter though!

I am also happy to announce that we might be getting a puppy to help replace my kitten that died. It's not official yet, but it's a possibility.

I've changed the summary after hard consideration. And, guess what?! Trunks has a little surprise in this chappie!! I hope you all enjoy!

The quote is just one that my friend's mom said one time and it works perfectly for this chapter!

Disclaimer: I own nothing in this story. The idea was given to me by Burenda, and it was very good! I changed the idea a little bit though...

My Grandpa's A Ghost

(2 Chibi Saiya-jins, an invisible Saiya-jin, and a mall)

If you go to a mall, don't take along your family....

"This is Trunks-kun! He's my best friend!" Goten exclaimed as he showed Bardock the picture. He sat on his bed, holding up each picture to show Bardock, who sat on the edge of the bed with his chin in his palms. Bardock nodded.

"And this is Vegeta-san, Trunks-kun otousan." Goten said, holding up the picture of Vegeta.

Bardock blinked.

"That's Vegeta-ouji-sama?!" Bardock screamed, as he looked closer at the picture.

Goten nodded. "That's him. Has he changed a lot since you last saw him?"

Bardock nodded. "A lot."

"Goten-chan!" Chi-Chi's loud voice came from the hallway.

"Uh oh!" Goten yelped as he quickly put the pictures away and then got underneath his covers just in time.

"Goten-chan! Get some sleep! You have a big day tomorrow. Remember that we're going shopping for your party decorations."

Goten blinked before remember what his mother meant.

'Oh yeah! I forgot about my party! I was just to excited that Ojisan's here!'

"Gomen, 'Kaasan! I'll go to sleep right away!" Goten apologized.

"That's a good boy, Goten-chan!" Chi-Chi whispered as she left the room, shutting off the light and closing the door.

"Party...? Goten, what party?" Bardock asked.

"My birthday! I was so happy that you came that I forgot to tell you, or even remember about it for that matter!"

"Your birthday? So how old are you gonna be?"

"Hachi."

"Eight?"

Goten nodded.

"You wanna come with us to get the decorations?"

"S-sure."

"Great!" Goten smiled.

Bardock smiled back.

~*~

"Yippee! Pancakes!" Goten yelled as he joined his father and brother in eating.

Bardock blinked and sweat dropped as Chi-Chi just went on making more pancakes.

'Man! They may have all grown up on Chikyuu, but they sure do have BIG Saiya-jin appetites!'

"So are you excited about your birthday coming up, Goten-chan?" Chi-Chi asked from the stove.

Goten swallowed the food that was in his mouth and the wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"You bet, Kaasan! It's gonna be so much fun! I just can't wait!" Goten said, grinning wildly.

"That's good. You better hurry and eat so we can get to the city before everything gets to crowded." Chi-Chi said.

"'Kay, Kaasan!" Goten turned to Goku. "Are you comin' too, 'Tousan?"

Goku paused in his eating, smiling.

"Of course I am! I've already missed 7 years of birthday shopping, and I'm not bound to miss another one!" Goku told.

"Great!" Goten laughed.

"So what do you want for your birthday anyway, Goten?" Gohan asked his little brother.

Goten turned his eyes in thought toward the ceiling.

"I don't know.... I'll think of something sooner or later."

'I wonder.... Yes!! That's it! I know what I want for my birthday! I just can't tell them....'

He turned to look back at Bardock. He smirked, before turning to Chi-Chi.

"Um, Kaasan? I'm gonna go grab my jacket and get ready to go, okay?" Before Chi-Chi could answer, Goten took off running to his room.

The invisible Bardock blinked before following.

"Hey, kid? What are you doing?" Bardock asked Goten.

"What do you mean?" Goten asked, innocently while picking up his jacket and putting it on.

"Don't mess with me. I saw that smirk in there. You're up to something. Now what is it?" Bardock asked stubbornly.

"It's nothing! It's just what I want for my birthday!" Goten told him. "Now come on! I'm gonna go find out if Trunks-kun and his family are coming, and then we're leaving!" Goten called, rushing out of the room.

"Goten!!! I'm gonna find out what you're up too, kid!! Whether you like it or not!!!" Bardock screamed as he ran out of the room after him.

'But first, I've gotta figure out what I'm gonna give Goten for his birthday. I don't have any money or anything. I'll have to figure it out sooner or later though.'

~*~

"Ain't this cool, Trunks-kun? I get to be the same age as you!" Goten laughed to his best friend.

"Yeah, for like, what, 2 months?" Trunks mumbled under his breath.

"I think it's 2 months, 1 week, and 3 days." Goten pointed out.

"Uh, Goten...? Its called being sarcastic." Trunks told him, sweat dropping.

"Sar...cateice? What's that?" Goten asked puzzled.

"Never mind Goten, just never mind."

"Oh. Okay then!"

Goten and Trunks walked in front of the rest of the group with Goten next to the invisible Bardock (who had started to bow when he first saw Vegeta, before Goten quietly reminded him that he couldn't see him). Goku walked in back with Vegeta, who just kept grumbling about not being able to train while Goku talked on without seeming to notice, and Chi-Chi walked with Bulma in the middle talking about Goten's party. Gohan had gone to school just before they left.

Goten looked at his Ojiisan who was looking with interest at all of the stores. He suddenly remembered that he had to tell Trunks something.

'Sorry, Ojiisan, but I've gotta break my promise....'

"Um, 'Kaasan? Can Trunks-kun and me go look at the comics?" Goten asked. "It won't take very long."

Chi-Chi thought for a moment before sighing.

"Fine, Goten-chan, but don't be gone long!"

"Don't worry!" Goten said grabbing onto Trunks' arm.

"But Goten! I don't wanna look-"

"Sure you do Trunks-kun! C'mon!" Goten said, pulling Trunks to the comic book store.

Goten turned toward Bardock and gestured for him to come a long quickly.

Bardock looked at the other four grown-ups, before running to the two chibis.

He followed the two into the comic store, Goten still dragging Trunks, and looked around.

It looked pretty much like the comic book store on Vegeta, only the customers didn't have tails. Also, the comics were way different.

"Goten! What do you want! I don't want to look at the comics!" Trunks yelled at him, tearing his arm out of Goten's grip.

"Jeez, calm down Trunks-kun! I just have to tell you something!" Goten said, grabbing Trunks' arm and dragging him to a secluded aisle, Bardock right next to Goten.

"What is it Goten?" Trunks asked after Goten finally let go of his arm.

"Do you think that you could get your 'Okaasan's Dragon Radar?" Goten asked.

Trunks and Bardock blinked.

"Dragon Radar?" They asked in unison.

"Why do you want that?" Trunks asked.

"What is that?" Bardock asked.

"I want it to find the Dragon Balls." Goten stated simply.

"Well, no duh, Goten! I figured that!" Trunks yelled at him. "What do you want to wish for?"

"Oh, yeah. I want the Dragon Balls to wish back Ojiisan."

"Nani? But your Ojiisan is still alive." Trunks pointed out.

'Nande kuso? What the hell is he planning?' Bardock asked himself.

Goten sweat dropped.

"He is Trunks-kun."

"Then why do you want to wish him back?"

"Not that Ojiisan. The one that's..."

'No way.... He wouldn't....' Bardock told himself mentally.

"...standing right next to you."

Trunks looked around.

"Um, Goten? There's no one in this aisle except you and me."

Goten shook his head.

Bardock shook his hands franticly as Goten said, "Nu-uh. Ojiisan Bardock is standing right next to him. He's a ghost."

Bardock began slapping his forehead again and again.

"I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him..." Bardock muttered over and over.

"No you're not. You can't! After all! I'm your grandson!" Goten said in response, looking at Bardock.

Trunks raised an eyebrow at his best friend.

"Um, Goten? You just called the rack 'Ojiisan'. Are you feeling okay?"

"I was sure you wouldn't believe me, so I'll show you." Goten said walking over to Bardock. He muttered an apology before stepping down hard on his foot.

Bardock let out a small yelp before grabbing his foot and hopping around. He knocked over a few bookcases.

People in the other aisles started to scream as each and every other bookcase in the store (except for the ones a long the wall) began to tip over.

Bardock stopped holding his toe and looked at the falling bookcases with Trunks and Goten.

All three of their heads bobbed up and down with every one that fell over.

When every one stopped, Trunks and Bardock both turned their heads to Goten, who scratched his head sheepishly.

"See Trunks-kun? Ojiisan knocked all of those over!"

"So your Ojiisan's a ghost?!" Trunks asked, getting a little excited.

"Yup! He's standing right there!" Goten said, pointing to Bardock.

"That's so cool Goten! He looks just like you!"

"Nani?! You can see him?!" Goten asked.

"Well I couldn't until you told me about him. That's strange, ain't it?" Trunks asked.

"Yeah. Um, Ojiisan? Why can Trunks-kun see you?" Goten asked, glancing at Bardock.

He and Trunks sweat dropped when he saw the older Saiya-jin had a vein sticking out of his head and he was clenching a fist to control his anger.

"Goten.... I'll give you and your friend to the count of five to run...." Bardock told the two, oblivious to the fact that Trunks could see and hear him. "One..."

"Dude, you Ojiisan gets mad easily, Goten."

"Two..."

Goten gulped.

"Three...."

"M-maybe we should take his advise and..." Goten started.

"Four...."

"RUN!!" The two demi-Saiya-jins finished in unison, running out of the comic book store.

"FIVE!!" Bardock called, chasing after them while shooting ki blasts at them.

Goten and Trunks both dodged the ki blasts, making them hit several inside trees. They didn't hurt anybody, just set them on fire.

Soon, Chi-Chi, Bulma, Vegeta, and Goku all went to see what the commotion was, only to see their sons running away from something. What, they didn't know, but they saw all of the trees on fire and the humans screaming.

"Kakarotto! Do you have any idea what the brats are doing?!" Vegeta screamed at him.

Goku raised his hands in defense.

"I don't know Vegeta! I didn't have anything to do with this!" Goku said to him.

Finally, Goten and Trunks stopped running and looked back.

"Ha ha! You can't catch us!" They both laughed at Bardock.

The invisible Bardock smirked and jabbed a thumb toward the adults.

Trunks and Goten's face dropped.

"Uh...oh..." They whispered in unison.

"Someone's gonna get in trouble..." Bardock sang in a whisper.

"GOTEN-CHAN!!"

"TRUNKS!!"

'Maybe this is good enough revenge for Goten telling Trunks about me. I'm glad that he can't see me at....' Bardock slapped his forehead. 'Kuso! Trunks said that he could see me! Great, just great! Two-chibi demi Saiya-jins can see me! I just hope that Enma-daio doesn't hear about this....'

~*~

A/N: I hope everyone liked it! It took me a while to write. Mainly because Oniisan wouldn't get off the computer! *Growls at older brother* Baka.... Anyway, thank you again to those who comforted me! It was greatly appreciated!

~Angel Abi~

Story advertising (I'm gonna add one!):

I've gotta do one by Burenda of course! It's called 'Wish For The Past', story id number=678451. Goten makes a wish to meet his grandfather, Bardock, landing himself in the past and a load of trouble, while Trunks does his best to find his missing friend.

Enjoy!!