Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ Visions of Death, Dreams of Life ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I-I'm back! And I feel much, much better! I told my parent's everything, after confiding in my younger sister. My dad held me and told me it was all right while my mom told me to never hide something like this from anyone. And my little sis, Tabitha, told off a few of the boys that were picking on me. They weren't expecting it ^_^! And I didn't hurt myself. And other than all of yours and family support, I think someone else was watching and helping me. I have to warn you, I am very religious and this is going to be too.

The day I told my parents was the day after I told you all about my problem. And you all supported me and comforted me. You gave me advice, and for that, I thank you. You saved me. For the first time in a while, I felt loved. I cried every time I read a review or e-mail. Thank you so much. Also, on the night I told my parents, I got a silver cross necklace. When I put it on, I felt something inside of me. I can't explain it, but it, along with all of you, seemed to give me strength. I knew that God was helping me.

I would like to thank all of the following that helped me in reviews (In order from who reviewed first to who reviewed last):

Ssjgoddesschico

T.B. Stormshot

katie #1

otepoti

TD Master

ChibiMirai aka Silenced

SS3Brolli

Chibi Gohan-san

dejavu3k

Angel

katt 66

melissa

Pearlz

Omega

Fadedcircle

Burenda

Serena Yuy

Ranko

sakura117us

Chibi Mirai Gogeta

jacky

katie #2

thracia1313

Chineseskimos69

SERENA

Sapphire

Pooglepoogle

RubyRedDragon05

gokugirl

Unknown #1

Unknown #2

And these people because of their great e-mails:

desheldon

Emily

Candyland

Jessica Briggs

Beth Moore

Raquel Alexandra Arouca

Keith Freeze

Maria Cline

Meru

Anja

You were all the best! *hugs each and everyone of you* I wish that I could send you all a cookie, but, I... don't really know... how XP!

This chapter is dedicated you all!! I hope you enjoy!!!

Also, this chapter is a little scary and may be a little disgusting...

Disclaimer: I do not own DragonBall Z or it's characters. I do own part of the idea and any characters that I make up. The other part of the idea goes to Burenda-san.

My Grandpa's A Ghost

(Visions of Death, Dreams of Life)

Live only for today, for tomorrow may never come

"So, how exactly did you die anyway?" Trunks asked Bardock as he and Goten waited for the video game they were playing to load. The two sat on the ground cross-legged with controls in their hands while Bardock floated above the bed.

"I died trying to save my planet from Frieza-baka." Bardock answered.

"Frieza? Hey! Grandpa, did you know that 'Tousan killed him?!" Goten asked, smiling at him.

"Hai. Enma-daio told me that." Bardock said.

"Really?" Goten shrugged. "Oh, okay.

"On a different subject, what do you want for your birthday, Goten? It is, after all, only a week or so away." Trunks asked.

Goten blinked. "Um. I'm not sure. Toys, I suppose!" Goten laughed.

"That's all you ever want." Trunks told him as Goten continued to laugh.

Bardock smiled. Goten may be part Saiya-jin but he still had the personality of a human child.

Bardock's smile disappeared as he sighed. He still hadn't thought of what he was going to get Goten for his eight birthday and it was only a week away! What was he gonna do?!

"Goten, other than toys, what do you want?" Bardock asked. Goten looked over at him

"Um..." 'What I want is for you to be wished back, but I can't tell you that. Not yet, anyway....' "I'm not sure. I'll have to get back to you on that..."

"Trunks! Goten-chan! Lunch time! Shut your game off and wash up!" Chi-Chi called from the bottom of the stairs. A few seconds later she added, "And go get Gohan and Goku, too!"

"Hai!" Goten and Trunks yelled back in unison.

Goten turned to Bardock as Trunks shut the game off.

"You stay up here. We'll be back up after we're done eating, okay?" He told him, standing up.

Bardock nodded in agreement.

"See ya in a little bit, Mr. Bardock!" Trunks said as he walked out of the room, Goten following and waving slightly.

Bardock waved backed, smiling.

When the two were out of the room, Bardock gave up floating above the bed and landed on his back with a 'flop'.

'Now, with this peace and quiet, I can try and think about what that dream meant... or means...' He closed his eyes and sighed. "This is not good. If I don't even know what the vision was suppose to mean, then how am I suppose to save Goten and Trunks from it?" He sat up quickly and punched the end of the bed. "Damn it! If I could only figure out what that vision means then maybe I could actually save those two from that damn fate!"

~*~

Bardock sat down on the floor and crossed his arms, looking over at the sleeping Goten and Trunks. He had to chuckle slightly at the two boys who were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags across the room.

Trunks' covers were only covering his feet and Goten (who had kicked his covers off sometime in his sleep) had his tail wrapped around Trunks' right hand while Trunks' tail was partially wrapped around his own waist.

Bardock sighed as he looked up at the ceiling. He still hadn't been able to figure out what his vision was about.

"Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I hope..." Bardock muttered as he felt sleep start to over come him. After all, as Goten has almost perfectly said the night before:

Everyone gets tired, even ghosts.

~*~

Everything was... dark. Dark and gloomy.

Bardock looked around.

A vision. He knew it. He could feel it.

Suddenly, a boy's voice screamed behind him.

He quickly whirled around to see a boy with spiky black hair wearing an orange and blue gi. He had a blood red bandanna covering his bangs. He was calling out to a young boy with purple hair and a gray gi.

As the purple haired boy looked over at the other boy, someone caught him from behind. The boy struggled but was unable to get free.

The figure laughed. He, or 'it', whispered something not understandable to the boy and the boy's eyes widened. Then, in one swift motion, the figure snapped the boy's neck.

The black haired boy screamed as tears flew from his eyes. The child's limp form fell to the ground.

Bardock stared, speechless. There was no way...

The black haired boy fell to his knees, his black eyes full of tears and shock and his hands shook with disbelief.

The thing smirked, kicking the boys twisted head with the tip of his foot, saying something Bardock couldn't hear. 'It' gave the boy's head one more kick and sent him flying across the ground and skidding to a stop in the dirt, his arms and neck in an unusual position.

The thing looked toward the other child. The boy glared back with sad and angered eyes, the shock gone.

He yelled something at it, but it just snickered and said something back.

The boy began crying again, closing his eyes and shaking his head as he stood up on knees that shook with fright.

The boy's hair turned gold as he jumped off the ground and lunged at it.

It easily caught the child's fist with one hand, stopping the sudden attack. It twisted the fist and the boy cried out in pain as blood started to drip down his hand and his sleeve turned a darker blue from the stain of blood. It was apparent that the arm was no longer of any use.

The thing dropped the boy to the ground and he grabbed his injured arm.

The thing leaned over and picked the boy up by his throat. The child let go of his no longer usable limb and tried to pull the giant hand off, only to have his throat squeezed tighter.

It whispered something to him as blood ran down the boy's chin from his nose and mouth, and tears flew down his cheeks from his eyes, burning the cuts already made on his face.

The boy whispered something back. It scowled and tightened his grip on the boy. Within a few more seconds of struggling, the boy's hand fell to his side and the blood and tears from his face stopped.

It grinned as disgusting grin as it threw the boy's lifeless body toward the other ones. He threw a ki blast after him and, in a blinding flash of light, the two boys' bodies were gone. All that was left was the blood-red bandanna, now stained with new blood. The blood of the young child.

Bardock stared in disbelief. The two boys had been beaten and killed so easily.

He looked to the bandanna. He touched the back of his head and felt cloth.

'I knew it.' He thought. 'It's my bandanna that Goten was wearing.'

He looked at the ground where the boys had once been, the dirt now covered in their blood.

They were dead. Bardock knew it. Both of them. He had seen their fates in this vision on the future. Goten and Trunks were... They were both dead.

~*~

Bardock's eyes shot open. He was breathing heavy and sweating.

He wiped some sweat away from his face with one hand before looking over at the still sleeping boys.

He sighed. They were okay.

'But for how long?' Bardock asked himself.

He looked at Trunks then at Goten. He face seemed so innocent as the moonlight shown on it, allowing Bardock to see the small smile that was placed on his grandson's lips.

'I'm the only one that knows about their fates. But if I can't save them even though I do know that,' Bardock thought, his eyes shaking, 'then how will anyone else be able to?'

He sighed.

"The first thing I have to do is figure out I what the vision means..."

"What vision?" A sleepy voice asked him.

He looked up quickly to see Goten staring at him with tired eyes.

"G-Goten?! S-shouldn't you still be asleep?" Bardock asked nervously. "It's still dark out. It's only 1:00 or so."

"I know, but I just had a really neat dream and I wanted to share it with you!" He said excitedly.

Bardock sighed. He knew there was no use in telling him to go to sleep. Goten wouldn't go until he told him.

"Okay...." Bardock sighed again. "So what was your dream about?"

Goten crawled over and sat cross-legged in front of Bardock.

"Well, we were at my birthday party and everybody was there, and I mean everybody! We were all having fun and stuff like that. Then I realized that you weren't there. So Trunks-kun and I went looking for you and we found you sitting on some mountain. I don't remember why exactly, but when we found you and brought you to everybody, they could all see you! Plus, you didn't have a halo, which means that you were alive! Isn't that cool?!" Goten exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air to emphasize it.

Bardock blinked, gulping.

"Maybe you should be a tad quieter, Goten. You might wake someone up."

Goten turned his head to one side, leaning in closer to his grandfather.

"So, do you?"

"Y-yes, Goten. That's very cool! Now I think we should go to sleep. You can tell Trunks all about it in the morning, but not if you're too tired." Bardock instructed, sounding more like a father than a grandfather.

"M'kay, Grandpa! Whatever you say!" Goten said, crawling back to his sleeping bag and laying down. Within seconds, the young half Saiya-jin was out like a light.

Bardock sighed.

"Goten had a dream of life and I had a vision of death." He muttered. "I wonder what... that could mean..."

~*~

A/N: I'm DONE! Yippie! Yahoo! Hakuna Matata! *sweat drops and covers mouth* Oops! *scratches head sheepishly* I've been watching 'The Lion King' too much!

Goten: You're weird...

Abi: Hey, I like that movie! That's cool!

Goten: Right...

Abi: Hakuna Matata!

What a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata!

Ain't no passin' craze!

It means no worries

For the rest of your days!

It's our problem free,

Philosophy!

Hakuna Matata!

Abi: *laughs sheepishly*

Story Advertising

Title: Shining Friendship

Author: Jacquie-chan

Summary: Trunks and Goten have been best friends for a long time. But then their friendship breaks apart. Will they even bother to help each other when they need it? Takes place 1 year after the Buu saga.

Story Id number: 852019

P.S. PEARLZ-CHAN!!! Thankies sooo much Pearlz-chan and I'm glad that you're feeling better, too! You know what?! You should update and then we would both be updating at the same time and show how tough we both are for getting over our depression! We both are feeling much betters now, ain't we?! *huggles* Thankies and update soon!