Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ Thanksgiving Special! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! And I've got a little gift for you! This is the Thanksgiving special for MGAG!!! It's my little gift from me to you and I hope you all enjoy!

Since this is a special, it won't be a new chapter for MGAG, only a small interlude to it. It will have Bardock and he is still in ghost form, but their all going to have Thanksgiving dinner! This was also for the joy of writing it, although, it might not be too good because I had to finish it in a hurry so I would be able to get it up today...

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or it's characters. They all belong to Akira Toriyama.

My Grandpa's A Ghost

Thanksgiving Special

"Gobble-gobble!" Goten laughed as he acted like a turkey in his room. He was wearing a brown turkey mask with feathers and his tail was unwrapped, trailing behind him. Within seconds he fell over laughing at his own noise.

"I still don't get what you're acting like." Bardock told him sitting on Goten's bed.

"I'm a turkey, Grandpa! Didn't you have those where you used to live?" Goten asked, sitting up on the ground, finally able to stop laughing, and put his turkey mask on the top of his head, removing it from this face, his cheeks read from the laughter.

Bardock shook his head.

Goten sweat dropped.

"Oh. Well, they're a form of bird and they taste really good!" Goten said, closing his eyes and holding up his pointer finger, shaking it matter-of-factly.

"Really? Well, you're gonna have to bring me some from the table. What other kinds of food are there?" Bardock asked, leaning over the edge of the bed, putting his face closer to his grandson. He's stomach was starting to growl at the thought of this 'Thanksgiving'.

Goten opened his eyes and looked into his grandpa's same coal black ones.

"Um... There's mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, pumpkin pie, corn, cranberry sauce, apple pie, and lots, lots more! And 'Kaasan always makes the best!" Goten laughed. "It's usually gone with in the first ten minute because 'Tousan, Vegeta-san, Oniisan, Trunks-kun, and I usually eat it all!" Goten told him, laughing sheepishly.

Suddenly, they both heard a knock on the door and looked over at the door.

"Hai?" Goten asked.

Goku stuck his head in. He eyed what his little son was wearing and then broke out in a wide grin.

"Playing turkey, Goten?" Goku asked, chuckling slightly as he stepped inside the room.

Goten nodded his head happily.

"Yup!" Goten answered. "And I got the mask and everything, see?" He put the mask back on and started walking around like a turkey. "Gobble-gobble!"

Goku laughed as Bardock broke out in an amused smile.

Goten tripped over his own legs and fell on his back, arms outstretched on the floor, laughing in joy.

Goku knelt down, leaning over his son and said, "Well, your 'Kaasan wants you to get ready and be downstairs in 5 minutes to help load the food so we can head over to Bulma's."

"Okay, 'Tousan! What should I wear?" Goten asked, starring up at him.

"Chi-Chi said that she picked it out and put it on your dresser. Now you better hurry! She said you have to try and brush your hair too, though I don't know if you'll succeed in that much..." Goku said, pulling slightly on his own hair. "Um...Just tell her that you tried, 'Kay?"

Goku stood up.

"See you in a few!" Goku told him, walking out of the room.

Goten sat up and quickly ran over to his dresser. There he saw what he was suppose to wear. It was a red t-shirt with a small turkey in the corner and loose, blue jean bibs. It would be comfortable, but it wasn't his gi.

"Is that what you have to wear?" Bardock asked, pointing to the outfit.

"Yeah. At least it's not a tuxedo thing or whatever." Goten said, taking off his mask and the tank top and shorts he was wearing, pulling on the t-shirt first then the bibs. He then pulled open one of his drawers and pulled out a pair of socks. He pushed the door closed and then walked over to his bed and flopped down on the edge. He brought one foot up and started pulling on his socks.

"So do you like Thanksgiving, Goten?" Bardock asked as he waited for Goten to finish putting his socks on.

"Hai. I really liked it when 'Tousan came back for the first time. I think I'm gonna like this one too." He said, looking up at Bardock in a quick glance then back down at the foot he was putting the sock on.

"Why?" Bardock asked, scrunching his eyes in confusion.

"Because you're here." Goten whispered.

Before Bardock could react, Goten jumped off of his bed and grabbed Bardock's hand.

"C'mon! I think my 5 minutes is almost up!" He told Bardock as he pulled him out the door.

Goten raced down the stairs, laughing and jumping two at a time, finally releasing Bardock's hand.

Bardock sighed at his young grandson's excitement.

'If Goten is this excited, it must be a good holiday.' Bardock thought, racing after the young child.

When he entered the kitchen, the good smell of food entered his nostrils. He looked over at the kitchen table and saw Goten looking at all of the food.

"Wow!" Bardock and Goten said at the same time. "This looks good!"

"Not yet, Mister!" Chi-Chi said as she picked Goten up by the back of his bibs.

Goten squirmed.

"Aw! 'Kaasan, just one little piece of pumpkin pie? Please?" Goten asked, trying to give her his best puppy dog eyes. Bardock thought they were pretty good. But Chi-Chi just stared back.

"You can wait another two hours!" She told him, setting him down and handing him a big bowl of mashed potatoes. "Now take these and put them in the trunk of the car. Then get in the back seat and wait."

Goten nodded.

"M'kay, 'Kaasan!" Goten said, turning around and starting for the door, Bardock starting to follow.

"And no eating any on the way, Goten-chan!!" Chi-Chi called after him.

Goten stopped in his tracks and turned back to her, laughing nervously.

"I'm serious."

Goten's shoulders dropped and he took slower steps to the car. His Okaasan knew him too well.

~*~

"Yummy! Pumpkin pie!" Goten called as he dug into his pie. He sat in between Goku and Trunks. On the other side of Goku was Vegeta. On the other side of Trunks was Bulma and Chi-Chi sat next to her. Next to Chi-Chi was Gohan and Videl sat next to him. Then came Yamcha, Kuririn, Marron, Eighteen, Mr. Briefs, and last, next to Vegeta, Mrs. Briefs. Piccolo sat over in the corner with Dende. Bardock floated in between Goten and Trunks.

The night had gone by pretty well. Chi-Chi had ordered that they all had to eat like normal human beings and they all followed. Goku and Goten were the most saddened by it, but were happier when they found out that they could still eat as much as the wanted. Goku, Goten, Vegeta, and Trunks had all had at least 12 plates of food, Gohan had 9, and the rest had 3 or 4.

Bardock kept begging for food, so Goten finally asked Chi-Chi if they would have leftovers. She told him that she had left some food at their house for later.

"You sure like your pie, don't you, Goten?" Videl asked, stopping in her piece of pie.

"Yup! It tastes so good!" He got out in between bites.

By the time he and the rest of the Saiya-jins were done, they had gone through a total of 17 pies.

When they were all done they all sat in the living room and had talks and played games.

Goku and Vegeta were going to spar but Chi-Chi wouldn't let then. Vegeta commented that Goku shouldn't listen to the Onna, only to get a big bump from Chi-Chi's frying pan. Goten, Trunks, and Bardock all fell over laughing, but the two boys got a death glare from Vegeta and stopped laughing.

Goten and Trunks played UNO for a little bit, but got bored soon, mainly because Goten some how kept winning.

Around 10:30 or so, people started leaving, saying their good-byes to the Sons and Briefs.

The Son's stayed, mainly because Chi-Chi and Bulma were still chatting away while Gohan, Videl, Vegeta, and Goku were playing UNO.

As the adults continued on, Goten and Trunks fell asleep on the couch. Goten laid on Bardock's lap and Trunks lay on the other end of the couch.

Bardock looked down at Goten as he slept. He had watched him sleep before and he thought again about how innocent Goten was, even thought he had Saiya-jin blood. Bardock soon fell asleep also, holding his grandson's head in his lap.

When Goku went to pick Goten up, he blinked at Goten's head that was somehow floating above the couch.

"That's strange..." Goku pondered out loud, but he decided to shrug it off.

He picked his son up and put him on his back, careful not to wake him.

Bardock's eyes fluttered open as he felt Goten's warmth disappear. He looked up and saw Goku walking away with Goten. Bardock quickly got up and ran after him.

"Bye, Bulma. I'll see you later!" Goku called to Bulma as he started out to the car.

"Bye, Son-kun!" Bulma called back, waving as Goku left.

When Bardock reached Goku, Goten's hand started to move slightly, reaching over toward Bardock.

Bardock blinked at his hand before reaching his hand up and putting it under Goten's hand. To his surprise, Goten's hand tightened around his and a small smile appeared on Goten's lips.

"Grandpa..." Goten muttered in his sleep.

Goku blinked and looked back at his sleeping son. Bardock also stared at him.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Grandpa..." Goten whispered.

Bardock eyebrows fell and his face softened as he smiled.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Goten..."

~*~

A/N: Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! And an early Merry Christmas! Which reminds me! I'm gonna have to think of a Christmas special!

Bai-bai!

Angel Abi