Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ The Dragon Ball Search Begins! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ohayo, everyone! I'm back! Thought I'd update before I put the Christmas special up. Kind of a double Christmas present, eh?

Also, if there is any confusion on when Goten's birthday party, I decided to make a schedule of the events up to Goten's party. This should get rid of any confusion:

10 days before the party: Mall Trip (see chapter 6)

9 days before the party: Goten's punishment (see chapter 7)

8 days before the party: Bardock finds out about Goten's ability to change Super Saiya-jin (see chapter 8)

7 days before the party: Trunks spends the night

Days 6-1: Information not available at this time because of spoilers.

Maybe that will help.

Also, thanks to Pearlz-chan for the name of the bad guy. It's totally awesome! Thanks a bunchies!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or it's characters. I do own any characters I make up and Burenda owns part of the story idea because she gave it to me.

My Grandpa's A Ghost

(The Dragonball Search Begins!)

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop

Goten tried to remain as still as possible in the new pouncing position he had been practicing on for the last hour, his tail twitching anxiously in the air. Bardock floated above him, arms and legs crossed, watching him with steady eyes.

Finally, the Ginyu frog started to hop in front of him.

"Be very quiet." Bardock instructed him.

The frog jumped right in front of him.

"Now!" Bardock said before Goten pounced at the Ginyu frog.

Suddenly, someone caught him by the belt in mid-air.

Goten blinked. "Huh?!"

Goten looked behind him to see the smiling face of his father.

"'T-Tousan!" Goten started swinging his arms frantically "'Tousan! I almost had 'em!" Goten pouted in a yell.

Bardock smiled sheepishly at his grandson and Goku chuckled.

"Gomen, Goten." He said as he set him on the ground. "But how many times have I told you not to try and pounce on Ginyu Frog?" He asked, leaning down to meet his eye level and shaking a finger in play anger.

"I know, I know, but he's such an easy target!" Goten pouted as he watched the frog hop away. Goten looked at Bardock and mouthed the words 'You knew he was there the whole time.' while Goku was looking away. Bardock snickered.

"Anyway, I'm suppose to tell you that Trunks called. He wants to know if you want to come over."

"Trunks-kun? Sure!" Goten laughed.

"I'm glad you agreed, seeing as I already said you would." Goku said, laughing sheepishly. "Now you better hurry! I'm sure that Trunks is waitin' for you."

"Hai, 'Tousan!" Goten said before jumping in the air and starting to fly off, Bardock following quietly.

"And don't forget to call if you're going to be late! Your 'Kaasan will worry if you don't!" Goku called after him, waving.

"Hai, 'Tousan!" Goten laughed, waving back.

~*~

Right when Goten landed, Trunks ran out and pulled him out of earshot of both his parents.

"You seem excited about something, Trunks-kun. What's up?"

"You know how you wanted the Dragon Radar to find the Dragon Balls?" Trunks asked. Goten nodded, confused, not really knowing where this was leading. "Well, I thought that we could go and find them today, and then we could make our wish!" Trunks told him, finishing with a big smirk.

Goten looked back and Bardock blinked.

"Wow, really?! That'd be awesome! I'll be able to make my wish before my birthday then! Cool!!" Goten cheered, balling his hands into fists in excitement.

"Um, hello? Have you forgotten that you haven't even told me what the Dragon Balls are yet?"

"No, I knew that, Grandpa."

"Well, when were you planning on telling me?!" Bardock yelled.

Trunks and Goten sweat dropped.

"Sorry, Grandpa. The Dragon Balls are seven tiny balls. If you manage to gather all seven of them, then you are allowed to grant two wishes for anything you want! You can even bring people back from the-" Goten stopped himself by quickly covering his mouth with both his hands.

Bardock and Trunks both shot him confused looks.

"What were you going to say?" Bardock asked, leaning over and looking Goten straight in the eyes.

"Nothing."

"I don't believe you. You were gonna say something you don't want me to know, weren't you?" Bardock demanded.

"N-No, of course not, Grandpa! I-I would never keep anything from you!" Goten stammered nervously.

"What are you talking about, Goten? You were gonna say that they can bring people back from the-" Trunks started, only to have Goten's hand clamped over his mouth.

"SHHH!!!" Goten cried. "He can't know about that!" He whispered through clenched teeth.

"I can't know about what?!" Bardock cried.

"It's nothing." Goten told him again.

Bardock sighed, but decided not to press on any further, knowing that Goten was being stubborn.

Goten released Trunks' mouth and looked at him and asked, "So where's the Radar? Do you know?"

"Of course I do! It's this way." Trunks said, motioning for them to follow.

"Um, Trunks-kun? Isn't this the way to your 'Kaasan's lab thingie?" Goten asked walking beside Bardock behind Trunks.

Trunks nodded.

"B-But Trunks-kun! The lab is off limits to us! You know what happened the last time we went in there!"

"What did you do?" Bardock asked.

Trunks sweat dropped. "Aw, c'mon Goten! I'm sure we're not gonna blow up anything this time."

"We? Um, Trunks-kun, if I remember correctly, you're the one who blew up those spaceships." Goten said, closing his eyes and shaking a finger matter-of-factly.

Trunks glared at him before turning around and mumbling.

Goten smiled broadly and gave Bardock a thumb's up, knowing that he had won that one.

Trunks opened the door labeled 'Laboratory' and walked in.

Bardock blinked as he looked around the lab, walking in after Goten and Trunks.

"Your 'Kaasan made all of this stuff?!" Bardock asked, amazed.

Trunks nodded proudly.

"Yuppers! All of it!"

Goten tried hard not to roll his eyes.

"C'mon, Trunks-kun. Let's get the Dragon Radar and get outta here before Bulma-san comes!" Goten said, pulling on Trunks' sleeve.

"Fine, fine. It's right over here." Trunks pulled out of his friend's grip and walked over to a cabinet and opened a drawer. He pulled out the Dragon Radar. "Here it is."

Goten took it from him and pushed the little button on the top. Bardock looked over Goten's spiky hair at the Radar. He blinked at the blinking dots on the screen.

"Hey, Trunks-kun? There are two Dragon Balls in the same place over here." Goten muttered to Bardock and Trunks, who was rummaging through one of the many closets.

"Someone else must be looking for the Dragon Balls too. Here." Trunks told him, tossing his a bag to put the Dragon Balls in. Goten caught it with one hand, holding the Dragon Radar with the other.

"Should we go and get those first?" Goten asked, putting the bag on.

"But if they found them then aren't they theirs to keep?" Bardock asked confused.

"But we need all seven to make the wishes. And that means that we'll have to-" Goten started.

"Get those Dragon Balls too." Trunks finished.

Bardock sighed.

"Oh, fine."

"All right. Now that we have the Dragon Radar, let the DragonBall Search-" Trunks began.

"BEGIN!" Goten yelled, finishing Trunks' sentence.

~*~

A/N: So how was it? I hope it was good! Now to work on the Christmas special. This would have been out sooner, but I recently sprained both my knee and ankle and couldn't walk without crutches, so I never got the chance to get to the computer (which is downstairs and do you have any idea how hard it is to climb stair with crutches?!).

But, it's healing and I was suppose to walk on it, so here I am, typing up a chapter for all of you!

I hope you enjoyed!

~Abi-chan~

Title: Generations

Author: Tenshi-Chan

Summary: Chapter 11 is finally up! Goku is rescued physically, but can his mental state be rescued as well? What of Bardock's own fate? The is also the next to last chapter of this tale!

Story Id number: 444502