Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Grandpa's a Ghost ❯ Christmas Special ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) and a Happy New Year everyone! This is officially the last update of the year 2002 for this story, I'm sorry to say. But I hope everyone will enjoy the second part of my Christmas present to all of you!

Sorry for gettin' this out late! On Wednesday, I was so busy watching my Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne DVD's (I got 5 DVD's with 44 episodes all together! That's a lot of T.V. watchin'!) and Card Captor Sakura DVD that I completely forgot about this! And then, on Thursday, I was shopping in town and then I went to see The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (I must have been watching too much of KKJ, because I was looking for the subtitles on the bottom of the screen X_X! (LOR was totally awesome, by the way!) and had to go to bed when we got home because I had swim practice in the morning. Then, I never got access to a computer. So that's why this is a few days late!

There really isn't anything to say about this special. Just enjoy!!

Disclaimer: I do not own DragonBall Z or it's characters! They belong to Akira Toriyama. I do own any characters I decide to make up though. This story idea was given to me by Burenda (which was really nice by the way), and I changed it a little bit. Well, there you have it! My D-I-S-C-L-A-I-M-E-R!!!!

My Grandpa's A Ghost

Christmas Special

"T-O-U-S-A-N." Goten wrote on the tag and then stuck it on the present. "There."

"That's your 'Tousan's present?" Bardock asked.

Goten nodded.

"Yup!" He looked to the door. "I wonder when him and Oniisan will be back with the tree."

"So, do you eat a lot at Christmas, too?" Bardock asked as Goten got up to put the present in the closet.

"Yeah. It's more than food at Christmas time, though." Goten said, climbing up the shelves to the top one. He set the box down with the rest of the presents. "We getta open presents, drink coco, decorate a Christmas tree, play in the snow. It's a lot of fun!"

"Snow? What's that?" Bardock asked, confused.

"You don't know what snow is?" Goten asked while hopping down from the shelf while Bardock shook his head.

"Well, it's white stuff that comes from the sky when it's cold out. It's really, really cold though, and can make your hand numb if you hold it too long." Goten told him matter-of-factly, walking over to Bardock.

"Oh! It was always hot on the Vegeta-sei. That's probably why we never got 'snow'." Bardock said.

"Snow is really fun. Oniisan, Trunks-kun, and I always had snowball fights when it snowed at Christmas. It doesn't really look like we're gonna get any snow this year. Too bad. I wanted to be the first to hit 'Tousan with a snowball this year!" Goten pouted as he looked out the window.

Bardock couldn't help put laugh at his young grandson's face.

"That's all I really want for Christmas. Snow." Goten whispered sadly. He walked over to the window, crossed his arms, and laid his head on them. "It would be a perfect Christmas if I could get that. I've gotten my 'Tousan back and I've gotten to meet my Grandpa for the first time. Now, if I could only get snow all in the same year, then this would be the best year of my life."

Bardock's smile disappeared at Goten's words.

Goten laughed suddenly and swirled to his grandpa. Bardock saw tears in Goten's eyes, but the shine of them disappeared quickly.

"But, Trunks-kun says I've always been a hopeless dreamer!" Goten laughed, dismissing his words from before. He turned back to the window. "H-Hey, I see 'Tousan and Oniisan! And they've got the Christmas tree!" Goten exclaimed. "'Kaasan!! 'Tousan and Oniisan are back with the tree! And it's a big one!"

"Go open the door for them, Goten-chan, while I finish wrapping this present!" Chi-Chi called back.

Goten didn't wait a minute and raised over to the door and flung it open letting in such a big gust of cold December air that Bardock had to shiver.

"'Tousan! Oniisan!" Goten called out, waving.

"Thanks for opening the door, Goten, but I'm sure we could've gotten it." Gohan told him as Goku followed in after him with the tree on his shoulders.

"Looks like you guys got a good one this year!" Goten exclaimed as Goku set the tree down on the stand in the corner. Goten ran to the tree and spread his arms wide, a big smile on his face. "It's huge!"

"It sure is." Bardock muttered, standing next to the tree, looking it up and down.

"Yup! We searched the whole forest until we found it!" Goku told him, taking off his gloves and coat, throwing them on the chair.

"It sure is good we live out here in the mountains. If we lived in the city, then we would have to buy one." Gohan said, plopping down on the couch.

"Yeah, but there's not as great of a selection in the city." Goku replied, sitting down on the chair.

"Do you always get your trees from the forest?" Bardock asked.

"Uh-huh! And they're always the best!" Goten whispered to him.

"Yeah, Goten. Why don't you go and get the decorations so we can't start decorating the tree." Goku told him.

Goten spun around, excitement in his eyes. "You bet!!"

~*~

'A video game? No, can't pick that up.' Bardock thought, rolling over from his side onto his stomach on the bed. He put his chin in the palm of his hand and looked up at the ceiling. 'A stuffed animal? No, I'll go right through that too.' Bardock rolled onto his back. 'Damn. I never thought picking out a present for Goten would be so hard!' Bardock's thoughts drifted back to Goten's words from before.

"That's all I really want for Christmas. Snow. It would be a perfect Christmas if I could get that. I've gotten my 'Tousan back and I've gotten to meet my Grandpa for the first time. Now, if I could only get snow all in the same year, then this would be the best year of my life."

The sad look on Goten's face told Bardock that he really did want snow.

Bardock suddenly got a wide grin and he sat up quickly, snapping his fingers.

"That's it! I'll give him snow!" Bardock exclaimed. But his grin quickly disappeared and he mentally slapped his forehead. "Baka! I can't control the weather! Only someone like Enma-daio could do that." Bardock sighed. "Oh well. Wait a minute... Enma-daio... Enma-daio... That's it!! I'll go and ask Enma-daio if he can make it snow tonight so Goten can have snow for Christmas tomorrow! Yes, Bardock you're a genius!"

"Grandpa!" Goten called, running into the room. He ran over to Bardock and grabbed his hand, pulling on it frantically. "C'mon, Grandpa! You've gotta watch me put the star on the top! C'mon!"

"Star?" Bardock asked, walking with Goten out the door.

"Yeah, it's tradition! The youngest Son member always gets to put the star on top of the tree!" Goten told him before running off into the living room, Bardock following.

When Bardock got there, Goten was already being picked up by Goku and being placed on the tall (I've always thought Goku was taller than normal Saiya-jins, so in here, he is!) Saiya-jin's shoulders. Gohan handed him the star and Goten clutched it tightly in both of his little hands as Goku stood on tiptoe. Goten reached up and gently placed the star on the top of the tree.

Bardock looked the tree up and down. All of the decorations and lights made the once dull tree look beautiful.

Bardock looked to Goten still on Goku's shoulders then looked over at the clock.

'Only a few hours 'til Midnight. I'll have to hurry.' Bardock thought.

He closed his eyes and thought about where Enma-daio was. Before he could think another second, he vanished from the Son house.

~*~

"WHAT?! YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT SNOW?!" Enma-daio exclaimed, staring at Bardock in shock.

"H-Hai. It should be easy, shouldn't it? After all, you can bring people back to life in the form of ghosts, so making it snow shouldn't be hard, should it?" Bardock asked, blinking.

"I decide if people go to Heaven or Hell, I'm not God!!" Enma-daio screamed.

"Aw, c'mon! It's the only present that I can give to my grandson." Bardock pouted.

Enma-daio stared at him. "Grandson? Are you associating with any members of earth, Bardock?"

A look of fear passed over Bardock's face. He waved a hand and laughed nervously.

"He he, of course not! You must have been on this job for too long, Enma-daio, you're starting to hear things!" Bardock told him nervously.

"I am NOT hearing things! But, either way, I can't make it snow. I don't have that kind of power."

Bardock looked down, disappointed.

"You may not be able to, but I'm pretty sure I can." A new voice joined into the conversation.

Bardock and Enma-daio both looked over at the newcomer and blinked.

The owner of the voice, was short, purpled-skinned, had white hair, and piercing black eyes.

"Kaio-Shin...?! What are you doing here?!" Enma-daio asked, amazed.

"I heard someone wanted to give a special gift and I'm willing to help give it." Kaio-Shin told him.

"Y-You mean you're going to make it snow tonight so Goten will have snow for Christmas?!" Bardock asked excitedly.

He smiled broadly when Kaio-Shin nodded.

"Yippee! It's gonna snow, it's gonna snow!" Bardock laughed happily, jumping up and down. "Arigatou, Kaio-Shin!"

Kaio-Shin laughed happily after Bardock as he vanished from his spot.

~*~

"Hey, Goten! I've got news for you!" Bardock called, smiling broadly as he ran into the small boy's room.

Bardock stopped in his tracks when he saw Goten sitting on his bed, his face threatening to break into tears.

"G-Goten? What's wrong?" Bardock asked, walking over to Goten and sitting down next to him on the bed.

"Grandpa. Gomen, Grandpa." Goten whispered.


"W-What? What for?" Bardock wondered, confused.

"Gomen, Grandpa." Goten whispered again, his eyes filling with tears. "I couldn't get you a Christmas present because you go right through items and stuff. Gomen. I wanted this to be your best Christmas ever, but I can't even get you a present. Gomen, Grandpa!" Goten whimpered, the tears finally running down his cheeks.

"G-Goten..." Bardock muttered. He smiled sadly.

Bardock stood up and then knelt down in front of him, placing his strong Saiya-jin hands on Gotens shaking shoulders.

"Goten, this will be my best Christmas ever, but not because of presents. It's because I'm here with you." Bardock whispered.

Goten looked at him, his face wet with tears and confused eyes. Bardock hugged him.

"You're the greatest gift I could ever receive, Goten. And, right now, that's all I care about."

"Grandpa..." Goten muttered, before hugging Bardock back.

"Goten-chan, come quick!" Chi-Chi called from the bottom of the stairs. "You have to see this!"

Bardock let Goten go and they both stood up.

"Arigatou, Grandpa." Goten muttered as he wiped away the left over tears with his sleeves. Goten walked over the door.

"Oh, and Goten?"

Goten stopped, his hand on the doorknob.

"H-Hai?"

"Enjoy your Christmas present!" Bardock told him, giving his a thumbs up.

Goten blinked, confused.

"Trust me."

Goten nodded hesitantly before running out of the room.

'He'll love it, I just know he will.'

~*~

"What is it, 'Kaasan?" Goten asked as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Look, Goten! It's snowing!" Gohan told him.

"W-What? But the weather guy said it wouldn't snow for Christmas." Goten said, confused.

"Well, I guess they were wrong! Man, it's really comin' down!" Goku told them. "Come look, Goten. See for yourself." He said, making a space for Goten by the window.

Goten ran over and looked out. He blinked, not believing his eyes.

It was snowing! And there was a lot of it, too!

'Enjoy your Christmas present!'

Goten's eyes began to water as he spun around and ran out of the room.

~*~

Bardock stood up quickly when he heard the door fly open, only to be tackled to the floor.

"You're the best, Grandpa! Thank you!" Goten cried into Bardock's chest.

"So you do like your Christmas present, huh Goten?" Bardock asked, smiling.

Goten nodded. "Thank you!" He whispered into Bardock's chest before looking up at Bardock. "But, how did you get it to snow?"

Bardock smirked. "A friend helped me out."

Just then, the clock struck midnight.

"It's Christmas. Merry Christmas, Grandpa." Goten said, closing his eyes and laying his head against Bardock's chest.

Bardock hugged him tighter. "Merry Christmas, my young grandson. Merry Christmas."

~*~

A/N: Merry Late Christmas everyone! And a Happy New Year!

~Angel Abi-chan~