Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My immortal ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My immortal
 
The yard was alive with yet another one of Bulma's parties. The smell of barbequed meat was fresh in the air, the laughter rang for all to hear and the smiles on the people's faces were too hard to ignore. They were happy. And why shouldn't they be? There were no more threats to the earth's existence and the eldest members of the group had retired and were currently enjoying the bliss of an almost care-free world, knowing that their children would carry on their legacy if it was needed.
 
I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone
 
And from her tree, observing the party and its occupants, lounged the youngest member of the gang, Pan Son.
Being a woman of 20, she was far from a child in the eyes of the law. But, held under the Z sensei's torch, she was nothing but a mere child, an `adolescent' that had just begun her journey in life and had yet to experience `adult emotions'. Like stress, depression, pain. Love.

These wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase
 
But they were wrong. She had felt them all. But most of all, she had encountered, Love. And it was nothing like a fairy tale like her parents and grandparents were so lucky to have had. No, it was a slow and painful process and with a man that was far from her grip. Not only was the age difference between them frown upon, but he was engaged to one of her best friend. No, it wasn't a fairy tale ending. It resembled more of a soap opera.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me
 
The sun slowly floated down to the earth's cradle, stretching out its fiery claws once more into the sky. The gang said their goodbyes, hugging and kissing the host and other people, saying half-hearted promises that they would keep in touch. And she continued to watch the farewells, making no move to leave her tree
“Pan?” The soft call sent shivers up her spine, butterflies fluttering furiously in her stomach. She calmed herself down, taking in deep gulps of air. “Its time to go in Pan”
She hopped down from her tree, ignoring the eye contact with him and strolled carelessly inside, flopping down on one of the sofas.
“Hey Pan” Bra grinned, settling down next to Pan's Uncle, Goten, with a large bowl of popcorn “You staying to watch the movie?”
She grunted in reply, not bothering to form words to her friend. A little taken back by her behaviour, Bra pasted a smile back on her face and turned towards the TV.
You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me
 
“Hey, what about Trunks?” Goten asked, as the movie etched itself on screen. Reclined on the sofa, his arms hugged Bra closer to him, catching her attention
“Probably with his fiancé, I suppose” Bra replied, nuzzling her head closer to Goten.
Pan watched through green eyes, feeling the stab of jealousy from her Uncle's relationship with Bra. She wanted that kind of adoration, but from Trunks. Why was it that Pan, a woman who had gone through her share of anguish, had no one, where as her Uncle, the man who has probably been through half, had the woman of his dreams? It wasn't that Pan didn't want her uncle to be happy, no. It just seemed unfair that he just picked up his love where as Pan had to fight for it.
“I'm getting a drink” She muttered, even though she knew her company were too involved with their film rather than what she had to say. Shaking her head, she left her seat and wandered off towards the kitchen

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
 
“Ah” The yelp of the kitchen's occupants as they tore from each other. “Pan! I'm sorry, we didn't-”
Pan just rolled her eyes, ignoring the piece that broke from her heart at the scene of her love and another groping each other.
“Don't mind me” She mumbled, reaching between the pair to grab a can from the fridge, swiftly leaving the kitchen once the can was in hand.
“How embarrassing” Marron muttered, as Pan left
“It's only Pan…now, where were we?”
She sighed, falling against a wall, clasping her chest where her heart would be. She closed her eyes, fearing that tears would spill if she dared to open them.
`Only Pan'
The words rang around her head, topping the ache from her heart until it was almost unbearable.
`Only Pan'
She didn't want to be `only pan'. She wanted to be a hero, to make a difference in the world…she wanted to be a someone. She wanted Trunks to love her. She wanted the two of them to…to marry and have loads of kids and live happily ever aft-
“Life is not a fairytale”
She stopped herself from listing anything else. No, life was no fairy tale. Life is far from it.
 
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me
 
She excused herself from the movie, deciding to wander the grounds of C.C. Night had crept over the compound and the sky was lit with tiny specks of light in the sky. A path winded itself through the ground, its trail eliminated by side lights. Aimlessly, She followed the path, hands tuck neatly behind her back, meandering her way through the gardens.
The cry of a bird. Her face, once fixed on the ground, now snapped itself up to the place of the sudden noise.
`Just a bird' She told herself, calming her racing heart. She frowned, not recognising her surroundings. She stood not too far from a small pond that looked to wild to be part of the Brief's tidy estate. But then, why would they place a bench to the side if there wasn't suppose to be one? She shrugged, settling on the bench, hugging her knees close to her. It was then she allowed the tears to fall.

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along
 
“Pan?”
Wide eyed and bloodshot, she looked alarmed, at a figure that towered over her. Not because she was afraid for her own safety. But because no one was supposed to see her in this state.
“Are you…crying?”
She shook her head, allowing her hair to curtain her face “No, I'm just…tired”
“Tired?” He echoed, drawing her face towards him “Then why do I see water on your face”
She pulled her head away, her gaze fixated, once more, on the ground
“Don't lie to me Pan” He frowned, sitting down next to her “Why are you crying?”
“I…” She stuttered, turning away in disgust of herself.
She heard him clear his throat, like when one was about to preach something, and turned to face him
“Pan, you've known me since you were born. You're one of my closest friends and I care about my friends. And you've helped me in troubled times before, so” He paused, taking in a deep breath “Its time for me to help you. So, I will ask you again, Panny, why are you crying?”
“Its nothing” She whispered, looking out at the water
“It has to have been something to make you cry like that” He replied, slightly amused “Please, Panny. You can tell me”
“I can't”
“Why?”
“Because…because it's complicated and you probably want to go back to Marron”
“No, I want to know what's wrong with you”
“There's nothing wron-”
“Panny, I can see something is wrong”
“Trun-”
“Tell me the truth”
“I-”
“The truth, I want to-”
“Trunks will you just…SHUT UP!” She screamed, springing from her seat “Kami, how can you be so blind? IT'S RIGHT IN YOUR FACE AND YOU CANT EVEN SEE IT?”
“See what?”
“See what? SEE WHAT I FEEL FOR YOU!” She yelled, storming away
“Wait, hold up” He grabbed hold of her arms and spun her around “What do you mean `what you feel for me'. Panny, we're just friends”
“That's just it” She tore herself from his grip “I don't want to be just friends, Trunks. I want to be more!”
“What do you-”
“I love you Trunks. There, I said it. I love you, L-O-V-E, love. I have fallen in love with my ex-babysitter, the president of Capsule corp., the son of Vegeta and Bulma, the purple haired hunk, my best friend-”
“Panny” He held up a hand to hush her “As flattered as I am, I have to say-”
“I know!” She interrupted, pushing his hand to his side “I know, you're in love with Marron, you're engaged with her, you're happy, I'm just a little sister to you and that's ALL I EVER BE!” She sighed, lowing her voice “But I don't care. Trunks I-”
He silenced her, pulling her towards him and kissed her full on the lips. She struggled out of his grip, but his hand held.
“Trunks!” She screamed, summoning her strength to push him away “Don't you dare pretend you feel something for me because I damn well know you don't!”
“I just thought that you-”
“Thought that kiss would get rid of my emotions?” She scoffed, folding her arms “No, it didn't. What ever you thought it would do, it didn't work. I don't want you toying with my emotions!”
“I'm sorry”
“I know” She sighed softly, letting her arms fall to her sides
“If I had a choice, you-”
“I know”
“But Marron and I-”
“I know. I understand. You're not mine” He smiled, kissing her on the forehead like a brother would to his sister. Sympathetically, he pushed back her hair, and smiled one last time before turning back towards the house, barely catching what she next said.
“But I wish you were”

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me