Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My New Undead Life ❯ Just a Child ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Miserable Cruel Fate

AN: Shello All! I would like to thank my minions who have continued to read my little story. I hope the plot twists have kept you in shock. I know it’s been a while since I updated but well I’m lazy and well yeah I’m just lazy. There will be more to come! Thank you my minions enjoy. And yada yada I own a toaster no character from dbz, yada yada and what not .
ENJOY!

I held onto Danielle; held her to me.

She couldn’t leave me again.

I wouldn’t let her.

Another wave of sobs fell over me as I clung to Danielle like a life line. After a while I felt the tears slow and then eventually stop. I didn’t want to look at Danielle. I just wanted to hold her. I wanted her to be real, alive. But I knew that the second I looked into her face I wouldn’t be able to fool myself. I laid there silently. Eyes closed concentrating on illusioning myself. But in the end I had no choice. I felt her small hands lift my face. I held my breath prepared myself. And opened my eyes.

I felt my breath catch in my throat. She looked exactly like she had the day she ‘died’, but completely different as well. She still had those beautiful blue eyes. But they seemed more brilliant than before. Piercing eyes like someone had made them out of ice. Her skin was pale white which looked dramatic against her ebony hair that curled and framed her small youthful face. She smiled down kindly at me her hands on either side of my face. They seemed colder now, more dead.

“Bulma I missed you. But don’t worry cause’ now we can play forever!” Danielle’s smile widened and her fangs were clear to view. I smiled back, it was a weak smile but it seemed to please her. I stood than, no longer feeling very comforted by her embrace. I looked around and I searched for ‘the monster’.

“He left a while ago.” Danielle informed me. Her smile still in place. It was kind of eerie. I didn’t like looking at her, and I couldn’t figure out why.

That’s when I felt my heart drop. I stood, shakily, but I stood. I looked at Danielle. She was not only still a child in appearances but in mind as well. I could feel the horror wash over my face.

Danielle was still a child; she wanted to play for the rest of eternity, that doesn’t sound so bad until you realize the cost. My friend, this child was ignorant to the monstrosity we have become. She has adjusted. I wonder if over time I will too.

We had some small talk while we waited for ‘him’ to come back. She didn’t tell me much about her new life but she did seem interested in mine. The shocking part about that is that she thought it was fascinating, she was especially interested in my school, but I’m pretty sure it was because of the convenience of what we call diner.

I fold my legs to my chest and hold them tighter to me as if I were cold. I look across the small fire we made, it wasn’t necessary I could still see her in the dark but the light was comforting. I look toward Danielle.

“Danielle.” I call looking at her from across the little fire.

“Yes Bulma?” She replies, a twinkle of light catches in her ice struck eyes.

“Do you ever miss it, being alive?” The light in her eyes waved and than faded. Without so much as a pause she answered me.

“Yes.” With that one word I felt my heart drop, and my anger began to boil again, one day I would show that monster justice.

A little more time went by and the mood lightened up a bit, mostly because Danielle wanted to play dolls, I was about to say yes when she showed me two dead rat’s. I politely reclined the offer and suggested we play eye spy. But that didn’t last that long seeing as how we were in the desert and the lightning hurt our eyes.

-

I left a while ago; the weeping of the woman was painfully loud. Almost as painfully loud as the thunder that crackles above me. I wasn’t aware that the two had known each other in their previous life. I was also unprepared for the woman’s sudden attack. But that won’t happen again. Although I must admit she was stronger than I had originally thought, her transformation was impressive, I’m looking forward to seeing what other skills the woman has gained.

Finally I made it back to the body. It didn’t take me long to dismember and burn it. I sat there watching the carcase burn; I wanted to give them as much time as I could. Hopefully things will have calmed down by the time I get back. But in case things haven’t I’ll have my guard up.

Slowly the fire died under the weight of the rain and I watched as the last of the ashes vanished into the whipping wind. It’s time to head back. As I made my way back I prepared myself for any possible encounter I would have with the woman. But as I drew closer I found that the atmosphere had calmed significantly, that’s good because we needed to leave as soon as possible. The day will set in a few more hours and I am hoping to have her learn the basics before the sun goes down.

-

I felt him near long before we say his silhouette crawl across the desert floor. I decided I wouldn’t kick his undead ass just yet seeing as how at the moment I needed him. When he finally reached us he looked at me.

“You need some basic training.” I nodded; a few tips to make it through my new life are always welcomed.

“As you may have realised you have a new body, a more enhanced body.” I nodded encouraging him to continue, he did just that.

“There are a few techniques that all vampires must be taught. First you will need to learn how to run”

“I know how to run.” I cut him off, but then he demonstrated the speed of his running, it was like the lightning that flew over the sky.

“Okay last statement retracted.” He smirked at that and then proceeded to show me a few other tricks that my new body could do.

I spent the last few hours of the day relearning how to run and jump, it was amazing the distance and speed my new body could provide me with, when I jumped I felt like I was flying , I’m pretty sure I could jump over 12 cars stacked up high and across. I did have a little trouble with the running, I lost control a few time and ended up falling on my face, but it didn’t hurt, I barely felt anything at all. He gave me a small rundown about what feeding might be like for me, I just feed a few hours ago so I should be fine for the next 20 or so hours , but then again that depends on the person, or vampire that is. By the end of the lesson the storm had stopped and left a brilliant blue sky above us.

“You have the option to go back to your home and collect a few things that you might want to bring along. They can’t be big or noticeable when taken. ” Vegeta said.

“Fine.” There are a few things I would like to grab before I start my new life with the demon and Danielle.

With my new epic running we made our way to my home town within minutes, I felt like the flash from the comic books, it was a real adrenaline rush. but that wore of the closer I got to my home, the realization that this will be that last time I will ever see it took away from the small happiness I had just felt.


AN/ Hope you liked the chappy , it was a lil slow but I promise the next chapter will make up for that …. Hopefully .