Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My New Undead Life ❯ Unknown Farewells ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Unknown Farewells
AN/ Finally a not to tiny chapter , I hope you are all enjoying the story so far, thank you to all who have faved and commented, its always a motivator. I am sorry if I have made you wait too long , I’ll admit ive been a little sidetracked lately. But I will work on getting more chapters out. O and I don’t own dbz or any characters and yada yada yada do not sue me please.

I walked up to my house. The others close behind me. I grabbed my keys and turned the lock, we filled into my home. I captured in as much as possible. I wanted to always remember this place. I grew up in this home. Took my first steps, said my first words and grew. I took in the scent of lavender and jasmine candles; my mother’s favourite. I took in the sight of our living room, and kitchen, we spent most our time here. Me helping mom in the kitchen while stealing glances at the flat screen on the wall, my dad’s pride and joy. He always had to have the top of the line in entertainment I didn’t so much care but it was always amusing watching him marvel at his latest toys. I took in the views and the scents of my downstairs until I had it memorized. Down to every picture frame and even the coasters.

I made my way up the stairs and went to my room to grab a few small treasures. I walked in and shut the door behind me, the others waited outside. I looked around and admired my room. Pale violet walls, a pure white canopy bed on the far right wall; an armoire to the left wall and my vanity right beside the balcony straight ahead. I took the few steps needed to cross my room and to my balcony’s french doors to looked out over my back yard. I took in my mother’s garden. I’m only sad that I didn’t get to see it in the light. It was always breath taking in the morning. I sigh with my disappointment and make my way over to my vanity. Curiosity spills inside me and I look to see if I had a reflection. I did. Another superstition proven to be false.

I took in the image before me, I had known I had changed in appearance but I wasn’t expecting it to be this dramatic. My hair shined light the ocean being hit by the sun. Rich aqua locks fell like a waterfall down to just below my shoulders. My eyes sparkled like sapphires with flecks of silver. My usual pale complection had turned into brilliant porcelain with a hint of rosy cheeks. My body was toned but not masculine in anyway. I looked better now than I had even in my dreams, which is saying something. I got to admit this is one hell of an advantage to being dead.

I finished admiring myself and got back to the task at hand. I open my jewellery box and grab my locket. It was silver with rose vinery embroidered on it. I put it on and realised it made the silver flecks in my eyes stand out more. I than went to my armoire and opened the doors to get to the few drawers in the bottom. I took out my journal; it was the summery of my life in these pages. Every good and bad time I ever had won’t be forgotten as long as I have this. I grabbed a spare sketchbook and a few pencils and put them into my backpack along with 3 days worth of clothes. I took one final glance at my room, captured the image into my mind and walked out the door.

The others began to walk to the stairs. I followed behind but the door at the end of the hall called to me. I stopped fallowing them and turned towards my parent’s room. I wanted to see them one last time. I needed to. I reached for the door handle and began to turn it when I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see him holding me back from seeing my parents, rage and sadness flooded my mind; this monster was trying to stop me from seeing them.

“I have to see them.” I demanded, I could hear every emotion inside me spill out into that one sentence. It wasn’t a wanted I needed to see them one last time. I needed to say goodbye.

He looked at me and slowly he nodded. For a second I thought I had imagined it but then he spoke.

“Don’t take long; the longer you’re near the scent of them the harder it will be not to kill them.” With disgust at the thought I remembered Jeremy and I nodded my understanding. I had one person’s blood on my hands, and I know there will be more but I don’t want my parent’s blood to be on them.

Hesitantly he removed his hand from my shoulder and I continued to open the door, I made my way inside for my final goodbye.

The room smelt like lavender and jasmine, like my mother. I made my way to their bed. I knelt on my dad’s side and took a mental picture, he was a small man, with few wrinkles, he had only just begun to show his age. Always happy and smiling. I gently brushed a stray hair back into place and notice that he had been crying, they both had been worried about me, my heart sank with guilt and then I kissed his cheek.

“I love you daddy.” I feel my eyes brimming with water, blurring my vision before they fall to the ground. I stand and make my way to my mother’s side. I knell down beside her and take in the image of her there, sleeping silently. I brush her cheek lightly careful not to wake her; she stirs lightly but stays asleep. My eyes fill with my tears and a feel them flow in an increasing flow down my face. My mother was my best friend, we did everything together, she was always encouraging and optimistic, loved life and thought it was a beautiful gift. A gift I never really appreciated until now.

“I love you mom. I love you both so much. “I kiss her cheek and make my way to the door. There are so many things I wanted to tell them, so many things I wanted to experience with them. But now I can’t, all I can do is leave them, leave them so I won’t hurt them. Leave them so that maybe they can heal with their loss of me and live full and happy lives.

A few more tears fall while I think about how I will never see them again, how mom will never be able to comfort and hold me again when I feel lost, or how I will never be able to have my dad walk me down the aisle.

“I love you; goodbye.”

I step outside and close the door behind me, thankful for not feeling any need to feed during my last moment with my parents.

“Ready?” Vegeta asks me. I nod in response. I didn’t feel like talking right now, all I wanted was to leave. Danielle grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. It comforted me a little but not nearly as much as I wanted it too.

We made our way outside the house, I locked the door behind me and took one final look at my home and then said goodbye.

AN/ Okay I hope I at least made a tear jerk for someone. More to come, hope you all enjoyed it.