Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Story ❯ Story Starts ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Great Super Saiyan 5: Here's a new fic! By the way, there's gonna be a reference to my other fic in here. Oh, yeah- disclaimer.

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z, GT, or any other copyrights I may mention. Don't sue- I don't claim it or try to sell my fics.

TGSS5: This fic is about me, unlike my other fic, which is about my OC. He may be in this later on, but it's mostly about me. I'll be called 'Geta' in the fic, though, just to clarify which character I am. Also, the time I'm from is just after the Bebi disaster, but in my timeline Earth got wished back shortly afterwards. I think I'll try first person for the prologue, and if it goes well I might keep it up except for certain parts. Here goes...

-----------------------

"___": Speech (duh) and quotes
*___*: Thoughts
CAPS: Signs and Geta's shirts
'___': Other writing and quotes in speech
italics : Flashbacks

-----------------------
Prologue
Story Starts

Hi. My name is Geta. I was a human who worked at Capsule Corp (R&D division, second shift, for the record. Shows how smart I am, huh?) part-time while going to school. I'm about 17 1/2 years old, by the way. I said "human" because I know about the fact that Goku, Vegeta, most of their families, and Piccolo are aliens and even what species they are. Let's cut back to when I found out for sure. I always suspected it, but this is when I really knew.

I was walking down a corridor to ask my purple-haired boss (I called him that sometimes, much to his chagrin- he always said "It's LAVENDER, not PURPLE!" I like bugging him, though) a personal question one day after watching a show called Dragonball GT. When I got to his office I knocked and hoped he wasn't in a meeting at the moment. I was in luck: he invited me in. I entered and closed the door behind me. That's when he knew it was either business or a very personal question. "Can I help you?" he asked me before I could speak.

I walked closer to the desk and said, "I have a very personal question for you, Trunks, sir. Do you mind?" When he indicated that I should proceed, I continued. "Answer honestly, now- I can take the truth. I was watching a show that had someone who looked exactly the same as you and had the same name. Which leads me to my question: Are you human?" I asked quietly.

Trunks was taken aback by the question. Apparently it had never been asked before. After a short time, which he used to consider his answer, he answered, "Not entirely. I'm only half human. The other half is a race called Saiyan. I bet you don't believe me."

I nodded. "Then the guy in that show is just like you... or maybe IS you, only animated. I can believe it, sir. I've always believed in aliens," I said, still in the quiet voice.

Trunks blinked. "You... believe me?"

"Yes. For that matter, are Goku, Goten, Gohan, Piccolo, Pan, or your father human?" I pressed.

Trunks caved in rather easily. "No. Goku and Dad are full Saiyan, Gohan and Goten are half-breeds like me, Pan's a quarter Saiyan, and Piccolo's a Namekian. What are they in that show?"

"Same as the real versions."


Well, that's enough of that memory. Time to tell how I got to be the way I am. And when I am, too.

I had just finished my shift and was about to go home when I thought of something. I looked for Bulma, my boss's mother. When I found her I asked, "Mrs. Briefs, have I earned enough to buy a small spaceship?"

Bulma, the woman in question, nodded. "Yes, you have, and money to spare. One-man?"

I nodded. "Yes, one-man, with a stasis system. Also, do you know the coordinates for New Namek?"

She was surprised, but tried not to show it. "Yes, the Namekians gave it to me... oops! Anyway, where did you find out about that?"

"I don't mind the slip- I already know that Namekians exist. I found out about it on a very informative show that seems to be accidentally based off of you and your friends' lives. Could you tell me?"

Bulma considered before shrugging, saying, "Why not?" and giving me the coordinates. Then she gave me a capsule she seemed to pull out of nowhere, saying, "I'll just take it out of your bank account. You gave me access, after all." Yes, I did let them into my account, but at the time I just wanted to have them direct-deposit my paychecks (sometimes I did so well I got a bonus... irrelevant info, right?). Then she said, "I know it's unrelated, but have you read a fanfiction called Saiyasaga? It's one of my favorites. I'd compliment the author if I knew him."

"Thanks for the compliment, ma'am. My screen name is The Great Super Saiyan 5, all words start with a capital letter and '5' is the number, not the word."

"Really? You wrote that? You did a great job! Thanks for writing it!"

"Thanks for reading it."

Anyway, after that I went home, put on my favorite leather jacket, packed the rest of my clothes, and put them in an empty capsule I happened to have in case I needed to move. I don't have very much besides clothes, by the way. I bought all the food I could and put that in another capsule, knowing all my wishes for the Namek Dragonballs. As I filled them I marked them as what they were.

After that I opened the ship capsule (turns out it was a replica of a Saiyan space pod) and climbed in. I typed in the coordinates Bulma had told me and set the stasis module to knock me out from the time I left the atmosphere until my arrival. The door of the ship closed and the whole setup blasted off to parts unknown (to most people, anyway- Bulma and I knew, and she was telling Trunks).

A few Earth weeks later I landed on New Namek. I put my ship back in its capsule and walked toward a nearby village. On my way I was intercepted by a bunch of Namekians, though. The apparent leader stepped forward and said, "Why are you here, stranger? Is it for the Dragonballs?"

I nodded. Best to be polite when you know you don't stand a chance if you make the other side mad, so I said, "Yes, but I'm not going to fight you over them. For one thing, I'd lose badly. For another, I'm not that kind of guy."

The leader paused before nodding and saying, "He's right- his spirit seems very clean. Let's take him to Elder Mori."

Suffice to say they took me to Mori. He took one look at me and asked, "Why do you want the Dragonballs?"

I sighed, thinking they were going to refuse me, and said, "My reasons are partly selfish. I want to be a powerful Saiyan, partly because I think it would be, as we humans say it, 'cool,' and partly to help defend people from beings like Frieza. I've heard of him, and considering his reputation I'm glad I didn't get a chance to meet him. I heard you guys had a major problem with him, though."

Mori blinked, then said, "Although the 'cool' part counts against you, I think your other reason is good enough. We'll let you use the Dragonballs for up to six wishes, but not immortality."

I grinned in relief. "I only have six wishes anyway, and I never want to be immortal- imagine how boring it would get! Anyway, when do we start the wishmaking?"

Mori smiled as he said, "How about right now?" Several Namekians brought seven orange balls with darker orange "stars" in or near the center. Then Mori held one hand over them and said, "Arise, Porunga!" The sky turned dark and a blast of energy shot up from the Dragonballs, eventually coalescing into a massive dragon with what seemed to be a humanoid torso.

"Name three wishes and I will grant them," the creature said.

"Go ahead, boy," Mori told me. "He accepts human speech now."

I looked up... WAY up in the direction of the dragon's head and shouted, "I wish to be the fastest Saiyan ever, with the other abilities as high as you can make them!" Better make sure something that big can hear you, after all. The wish? Speed is one of the most important things you can have in a fight.

"Very well," ol' Big, Green, and Scaly said as his eyes glowed a bright red. Shortly afterward I started screaming in pain as my body restructured itself to its new race and abilities. "Your other abilities are slightly above average for a beginner warrior- similar to the one named Gohan's when he first came to Namek. Now, state your second wish."

By now I had recovered from my species shift. I looked up again and shouted, "I wish to have all the abilities and knowledge involving combat possessed by the ten greatest fighters residing on the planet Earth!"

"I will grant this wish gladly, because a fighter must know how to fight." Again the eye glow. I screamed and held my head as massive amounts of knowledge poured into it all at once. When it was finished, I was kneeling and holding my head. As I stood back up the dragon said, "Now, name your third and final wish."

I looked up and braced myself for more pain as I shouted, "I wish to be able to transform into all forms of Super Saiyan!"

The dragon seemed to look at me as it said, "I can only grant this wish up to Super Saiyan 3. Is that acceptable?"

I shrugged; part of a wish was better than nothing. "Yes."

"Very well." Eye glow. Screaming fit. This time my hair grew to a little past my waist and turned gold. "Farewell..." it said before disappearing in a flash of light. After it was gone, the Dragonballs floated up, then flew in seven different directions.

"So this is Super Saiyan 3..." Mori said, staring at me. "Anyway, you'll have to wait 130 days for your other three wishes. I hope you don't mind."

I shook my head. "Not at all. In fact, I could use the training time. Excuse me." With that, I flew away at top speed to a secluded mountaintop. There I worked myself to the bone on improving my strength, stamina, and ki control.

After 130 days of me wearing myself out I flew back to the village. Somehow they had already found all the Dragonballs. When I arrived Mori said, "Hello again. You ready?" Then he summoned Porunga.

"I will grant three wishes, so speak now," it said. It seemed to be rather impatient.

I stepped up to the plate. "I wish to have a belt with a miniature time machine attached. It should be a push-button-state-time, landmark-relative setup," I said.

"Very well," Porunga said. His eyes glowed again (lotsa glowing eyes... I'm kinda sick of it) and a belt appeared on my waist. "Next wish, please."

"I wish for a body suit whose weight increases with the wearer's strength," I stated, figuring that would be very useful for training.

"All right," the dragon said, eyes glowing (yet again). I felt a heavy weight on my shoulders, and I looked under my shirt to find a red Saiyan body suit underneath. "One wish left," it told me.

"I wish for all my clothes, including this belt, to be indestructible, odor-proof, and infinitely expandable with a tail hole added to the pants." Yes, I know, that wish may be practically useless, but I've got some pretty cool shirts with me.

"So be it," the dragon said, eyes glowing for the last time I saw in that timeline. My clothes flashed, and I smirked, knowing I would never have to worry about torn clothes again. "Farewell..." The dragon disappeared and the Dragonballs dispersed again.

After that the Namekians and I started saying our goodbyes. "Sorry if I was any trouble, guys," I said by way of farewell.

"Not a problem. You can come back anytime you want," Mori said, speaking for all the Nameks.

The others all called out something meaning "goodbye" as I turned and reopened my ship capsule. They recoiled on seeing it, but I tried to reassure them. "Don't worry, it's only a replica. And if you're worried about a blast radius I can assure you that the liftoff is less destructive than the landing." They didn't seem reassured in the least, so I decided to ignore them and get in my ship. I lifted off and flew away toward Earth, leaving my new acquaintances behind.

When I got home, I went straight to Capsule Corp and knocked on Trunks' door. Immediately on being let in I closed the door and looked around to see if I was alone with him. I opened a conversation by saying, "I assume you still recognize me."

Trunks nodded and said, "Yes, I still recognize you, Geta. But why does your hair go straight back?"

I smirked and said, "I wished to be a Saiyan. You know what I mean." I then waved at him with my new tail, catching him completely off-guard.

"Why?" Trunks asked when he recovered.

"Partly because I thought it would be cool, partly because it's the only feasible way for me to help you guys defend the Earth. I'll admit I'm not the strongest or toughest guy around, and my ki isn't that great either, but you wouldn't believe how fast I am. I could use some training for my other abilities, but my speed's great." I tilted my head, wondering if he would catch my hint.

He did. He nodded and said, "You're no longer an employee here, so I can't order you, but I will make this recommendation: If you want strength, endurance, and ki control lessons, start by asking Krillen. He should be free full time." He then gave me directions to Krillen's home.

A few seconds after I left Capsule Corp, I arrived at Krillen's home. He and his wife 18 rushed out, sensing the sudden arrival of a phenomenal power. I nodded in greeting and said, "Hello, my name's Geta and I used to be a researcher for Capsule Corp." They relaxed some at that, but tensed again when I said, "Trunks sent me here for a beginner's course in strength, stamina, and ki control. I'm about as strong as Gohan was when you two arrived on Namek except for speed, which is even better than Vegito's was."

After several seconds of tense silence, 18 said, "All right, but we want an explanation on how you know those things."

I nodded and gave them the condensed version of my history over the past half year. They were surprised when they found out that there were several shows accidentally based off of their lives.

Suffice to say that I trained under Krillen, 18, Trunks, and others (not in that order, of course- it's gotta be progressive, jumps don't help much) for the next few years. (Started pretty early, didn't I?) I eventually got my other abilities to be a little (our standards, not yours) under half as extreme (your standards here) as my speed.

All my life I've had a feeling of being born after my purpose had ended, but that feeling culminated the year my training ended. Gohan saw me sitting on a rock one day, halfway to my 15th birthday. "What's wrong, Geta?" he asked me.

"I've got a strange feeling, Gohan. I feel like my purpose is in the past," I replied. "I've had this feeling all my life. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel like I did all I needed to do when I was younger," he said. "Those were probably some of the best days of my life. I never admitted it, but I loved fighting. Not to the point of getting into fights when they weren't necessary, though- at least not usually."

"Have you ever wanted to go back?"

"A little," he admitted.

"I feel like I don't have a purpose here... I have a time machine, and I've decided to use it to go back to some point in Goku's past," I told him. "I doubt you'll want to go back with me, so I won't offer. Tell the others I said goodbye and that I'm not coming back, okay?" He nodded, and I walked away, not stopping until I was out of sight. While I was at it, I suppressed my ki until it was at a fairly acceptable level for Dragonball, just after King Piccolo's defeat. Don't wanna freak out the locals to that time, after all.

Then I pushed and held the button on my belt. "Three years before Piccolo's first tournament," I commanded. The world seemed to bend and warp around me, and I knew I must look the same to anyone watching. Eventually the world snapped into focus. I walked to where Goku's house was in my old time (I immediately started thinking of this time as "my" time) and found nothing but a small shrine. *So Chi-chi and Goku haven't built this house yet.* I sat down and took off all my clothes, ending by putting everything but my Saiyan suit back on and putting it in the capsule that held the rest of my clothes. Then I looked in the direction of Roshi's house. *Gotta hurry...*

I flew off towards my destination, skimming the water when I got to it until I caught sight of a red roof. Then I slowed down and eased myself into the water. Then I swam, using my ki to buoy and, to a lesser extent, propel me since I hadn't really learned how to swim yet (I knew the motions, I just hadn't gotten the hang of floating or moving fast). The house loomed larger and closer the more I "swam" (go fig, huh?) and eventually I was able to make out the figure of an old man sitting on a beach chair (not much on this island besides beach and house) and a turtle lying on its stomach (not that it had much choice in the matter) a few feet from the geez... Roshi. (I'd better think like the locals if I'm gonna fit in... think like locals... think like locals... Excuse me, I'm just trying to convince myself. Think like locals... think like locals... I give up)

When I finally reached the beach (hey! That rhymes!) and climbed completely out of the water, I looked toward Roshi and noticed four other humanoids nearby: Tien (ol' Three-Eyes himself... not very reverent, am I?), Chiaotzu (the albino midget-clown), Krillen (he's just a midget), and Yamcha (ummm... can't think of a comment for this one... Nondescript, maybe?). Better play dumb. "Excuse me, I'm looking for Master Roshi. Which one of you is he?" I asked.

As I expected, everyone else pointed at Roshi and he said, "That's me, but who are you and what do you want?"

I bowed slightly as I said, "My name is Geta, and I came here for training."


He accepted after testing my (apparent) potential. He trained me, and I gradually revealed more of my power as the training progressed. Anyway, now I'm waiting for the World Tournament to start. I know Piccolo (or Ma Junior, as he'll call himself) is gonna be in it, but I stayed quiet. I'm not worried. Piccolo isn't a threat. I'm a Super Saiyan 3, after all. If Goku and I are in the finals I'll throw the match after putting on a good show. Don't wanna change history too much. Why am I talking to myself, anyway?

-----------------------

TGSS5: Yes, I'm from the future and yes, I was human.

Kaerlos: That explains a lot.

TGSS5: Wazzat supposed to mean?

Kaerlos: Nothing...

TGSS5: That's it! KAAAA... MEEEE... HAAAA... MEEEE...

Kaerlos: Uh-oh... *goes Super Saiyan*

TGSS5: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *shoots Kamehameha at Kaerlos*

Kaerlos: *is vaporized*

TGSS5: *snaps fingers; Kaerlos is revived* Learned your lesson?

Kaerlos: Yes, sir!

TGSS5: Well, see you guys next chapter, which will be called Tournament!

Kaerlos: What am I doing here, anyway...?