Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Story ❯ Disastrous Tournament ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: TGSS5 does not own DB, DBZ, or DBGT. So you can't sue him 'cuz he's not trying to sell it!

TGSS5: You're early.

Disclaimer: Thought I'd make up for lost time.

TGSS5: Okay, we're skipping straight to the next tournament. I've taught a few kids (compared to total population) to sense ki, and this is the first time I go all out in public.

Kaerlos: I just thought of something.

TGSS5: What is it?

Kaerlos: If you're my father, why'd you kill me in the prologue writer's box? Dad would never do anything bad to me unless he absolutely had to to save my life.

TGSS5: I'll explain, but after the chapter. By the way, this sentence was added mid-chapter, but it seems I accidentally wrote a Kaerlos POV chapter; I'll try to switch back to Geta for the fights.

-----------------------

"___": Speech (duh) and quotes
*___*: Thoughts
CAPS: Signs and Geta's shirts
'___': Other writing and quotes in speech
italics : Flashbacks

-----------------------
Chapter 11
Disastrous Tournament

It had been almost a year since school started. Geta's family had recently decided to participate in the next World Martial Arts competition. They walked over toward the arena on the tournament day and waited for the fighters to be called in. That was where Goku (brought back to the mortal plane for this tournament) and his friends found them when they arrived. "Hey guys, you participating too?" Goku asked.

"Yeah," Tolone said. "We're gonna make sure there are no total weaklings in the tournament- by the standards of the people who've broken their limits, of course."

"Videl seems to have a lot of potential. She's learned basic ki control abilities and she's getting stronger extremely fast," Kaerlos commented, seeing the girl in question.

Everyone else looked at him like he was an idiot. "Why should that matter?" Seraphita asked. Kaerlos's only answer was a blush. Seraph noticed and smiled craftily, saying, "I get it... you've got a crush on her, haven't you?"

"N-no!" Kaerlos replied vehemently, his intensifying blush contradicting his words. The rest of his family just smirked.

"Excuse me, would all participants please enter the arena at this time?" the announcer called out. Goku and his friends nodded and entered with the other fighters. "Now, fighters will be chosen by punching strength, measured by this specially designed punching machine here," he said, gesturing toward a machine that had just been brought in. "For comparison, we'll have the current champion test the machine." Geta, wearing a plain black T-shirt and dark blue pants, walked to the machine (imitating Goku's power, as usual) and punched the button on it as hard as he could. Numbers flashed across its display board until it stopped on one number. "2005! That's a tough number to beat! Now, everyone line up to take the test."

As the fighters lined up and punched the machine, the announcer calling out the scores, Kaerlos, who was right behind Videl, told her, "Dad's never liked holding back. Despite that, he only scored 2005 on that machine."

Videl jumped. "'Only'? Tell me, how many people do YOU know who could get that high?"

Kaerlos thought for a second. "Well, I can think of five or six who could do that, counting myself."

"2004!" the announcer shouted. "Seems we have a strong contender in this one. It's a surprise she's a woman."

Videl started. "Huh? Where is... Who is that, Kaerlos?"

Kaerlos smirked. "That's my mom."

Videl stared. "Your MOM got a 2004?!"

Kaerlos tilted his head. "Got a problem with that?"

"2000 even!" the announcer called. "Another strong contender! This one's a young woman who looks to still be in school."

Videl blinked. "Is that your sister or something?"

Kaerlos nodded. "That would be her."

Videl sighed. "Is your whole family so super-powered?"

Kaerlos nodded again. "If not more so," he informed her.

Eventually it got to Videl's turn. She punched as hard as she could, but only got a 550. Next, Kaerlos walked up. He made no pretenses and simply punched the button. "It's another 2000! There's gonna be some tough competition this time!"

Videl turned when she heard his score. When he walked up to her she stared. Then she said, "So YOU'RE the Crimson Terror they've been talking about!"

Kaerlos tilted his head. "What? Is that what they call me?" He watched the rest of the fighters take their turns, noting who got scores over 550 (only four besides the expected). Then he walked over to watch the last match of the children's division: his little cousin Trunks versus Goten, his future brother-in-law. The fight was great, for kids, but Trunks won it in the end.

Then they went to a free-to-fighters buffet (every adult Saiyan in the house) and showed them their folly by eating most of the food they had. "I'm never gonna get over how big a Saiyan's... appetite... is... oops..." Krillen said, just noticing Videl was there.

"What's a Saiyan?" Videl asked.

"If you like me at all, then you'd better know- just don't blab it to everyone, okay?" Kaerlos said and sighed. Then he whispered, "A Saiyan is basically a bulky human with a monkey's tail in appearance, but under the full moon... we turn into giant apes if we still have our tails." He shrugged and continued, just as quietly, "Apparently there's more than one variety because there's a condition called Super Saiyan- their hair turns blonde and sticks up and their eyes turn turquoise, by the way- but for some reason I can't do the norm. I've got a blue-hair-blue-eyes version which I call Angel Super Saiyan; it's achieved through positive stuff, hence the name. Thing is, it's kinda weak as far as Super Saiyans go." Then he tilted his head and said, "Then there's the flip side: Demon Super Saiyan has red hair and red eyes and it's a lot more powerful than a regular Super Saiyan. It's achieved through anger and other negative emotions. Oh, and no form of Super Saiyan looks like it has pupils- just solid color."

"Are Saiyans originally from Earth?" Videl pressed, as quietly as Kaerlos had explained.

Kaerlos hung his head and whispered, almost inaudibly, "No."

Videl tilted her head. "Are Saiyans... compatible with humans?"

"Huh?" Kaerlos asked.

Videl blushed. "Can a Saiyan breed with a human?" she mumbled.

Kaerlos smirked at that. "Yeah. Gohan, over there, is a half-breed. So's Goten and Trunks."

"Are you half or full?"

"Me? I'm a purebred Saiyan, and so're Goku, Vegeta, and my immediate family." Then he sighed. "I hope you still like me..."

Videl smiled. "Of course I do. More than ever, for some reason... maybe I just like aliens THAT way," she whispered. "Besides, it's not the person's race or a title that counts- it's who the person IS that matters. Looks don't hurt, though."

Kaerlos smiled. "I'm glad. I like you a lot, and I think I might want to marry you after we get out of school." He blushed slightly as he said, "Unless you don't want to, of course." Privately he thought, *I can't believe I said that!*

Videl's eyes widened for a second, then she smiled even wider. "I'd like that," was all she said, but she said it in a smug tone that told her real opinion on the matter (she considers Kaerlos to be quite a catch in this timeline and is thinking something along the lines of "...and he came on to ME!" at the moment).

"Excuse me, but would all fighters please take a ball from this box and show us the number on it?" an arena staff member said as he carried a box in and two others brought in a tournament lineup sheet with the lines drawn in but no names yet. "We'll call your name first, so don't push. Now, Goku!"

Goku stepped forward and took a ball from the box. He looked at the number and said, "Nine." Then he showed the ball to the arena staff for verification.

"Let's see, Goku number nine..." the appointed recorder said as he wrote Goku's name in the ninth slot from the left (starting at one, of course).

"Next, Krillen!" The box was held low for the short warrior, and when he pulled a ball out he never looked at it, just showed it to the staff. "Krillen in slot three! Hercule!" A human with a mustache, an afro, and an oversized mouth stepped up and picked a number. "Hercule versus Krillen in the second match!" And so on.

Geta watched in scorn as Piccolo forfeited his match against Shin, thinking, *I know he feels strong, but how much is real power and how much is bluff?* He continued watching, more approvingly now, as Krillen literally slapped Hercule around before calmly throwing him out of the ring. Approval turned to anger, however, when he saw how Spopovich was torturing Videl- he rather liked the girl, after all, despite her skeptic father. *He wasn't like that in the last tournament... Why is he now? And why shouldn't I fry him and be done with it?* Apparently Kaerlos had the same idea, since he was charging forward as a Demon Super Saiyan with some hair hanging down in his face... wait a minute, was that Demon Super Saiyan 2?

"Kaerlos. Calm down. He is trying to enrage you," Vegeta said calmly. Sure enough, Kaerlos powered down, but he was having trouble calming down. Eventually someone told Spopovich to end the match, so he kicked Videl out of the ring.

Kaerlos picked Videl up and took her to the infirmary. Geta got his emotions back under his iron control (even iron has a breaking point) and watched as Gohan climbed in the arena with Kibito, a tall man with red, wrinkled skin and long white hair. He watched with interest as Kibito dared Gohan into going Super Saiyan 2 in the middle of the ring. Then Gohan suddenly froze, and Spopovich and his friend Yamu appeared and grabbed Gohan and stabbed him with something, respectively. "Gohan!" he, Seraph, and Goku cried simultaneously.

After a few seconds Yamu said, "The siphon's full. Let's take it back." The two would-be assassins flew away, carrying something that looked like a closed basket with a needle sticking out of the side- all apparently made of clay. Most of the participants flew after him.

"So what do you plan on doing, Geta?" the announcer asked.

"How many are left?" Geta asked. "How many participants stayed?"

"Let's see... there's 18, Tolone, Kaerlos, and Seraphita. How do you plan on having the tournament go?"

Geta turned to the announcer and found a microphone being shoved in his face. "Four-on-one. If someone eliminates me, that person becomes Champion. If it seems more than one person eliminated me, then have a free-for-all between those people," he announced. "If I eliminate all the others, I stay Champion. This will be a ringout elimination match- only ringouts count." He turned to the other remaining participants. "Are you guys game?"

"Yeah!" Geta's opponents said at the same time. They all stepped into the ring.

"Let's make this quick," Geta "suggested" in a tone that brooked no argument.

"Match start!" the announcer called.

"Before we start, I've got a little something I'd like to show the world. You guys interested?" Geta asked.

"Unless it's something like more power then it can wait for later!" 18 spat.

Geta looked at her and smiled rather evilly (he's been practicing), saying, "That's what I was planning. In fact, I was planning on showing my FULL power. Here goes!" At that, he started powering up. Starting at the level he came into that timeline at, he tripled his power every second for quite some time, causing massive earthquakes and electrical blowouts all across the city, along with localized near-gale-force winds. The tiles of the ring floor that weren't being stood over at the moment started floating into the air for no apparent reason. When he reached twice Goku's power the increases decreased in proportion, if not in size.

18, staring in horror, said, "Impossible! A power increase of that size and speed would tear someone apart unless they had a truly phenomenal power level!" She quickly noticed he was still going. "Just how strong are you?!"

It quickly became obvious that Geta did, in fact, have a "truly phenomenal power level" since he kept going throughout her little speech. The only sounds from the entire arena shortly became his growling, somehow amplified to seem to be a near-shout despite the wind, and the wind blowing violently all across the arena. A few minutes later, Geta finished powering up, and the odd events subsided. Then he decided to REALLY go all out and went Super Saiyan. When he did that, the other Saiyans went Super Saiyan 2, including Kaerlos who went Demon Super Saiyan 2. Geta wasn't satisfied with that, though: he went Super Saiyan 2, then a state he had never used before: Super Saiyan 3.

"I've never seen anything like this!" 18 exclaimed in shock.

"Then you've definitely never seen anything like what I'm about to do," Geta said, floating into the air and holding one hand forward, palm up. Electricity crackled in his hand for a few seconds before a small ball of glowing ki popped into existance above his hand. Then he threw the ball into the sky, waited a few seconds, then flipped his throwing hand over and snapped his fingers, saying, "Lights on!" As a precaution, as the ball detonated in a storm of light, he unwrapped his tail. When the blinding flash was over, Geta was already looking at the result of his handiwork: a ball about 1000 feet in diameter floating in the sky shedding its light on the entire area (area being several thousand miles).

The other Saiyans knew what it was just from what he said and tried not to look. The rest of those present stared in horror as Geta grew into a gigantic golden-furred ape-like creature. "Why didn't I notice this before? He's trying to power up as much as he can!" 18 said.

Then Geta started shrinking again. When he was back down to human size, he held one hand up and fired a ki blast (small size, big power) at the artificial moon, which shortly exploded in an even larger burst of light than its creation. Then, when he landed, his family and 18 noticed the red fur growing from his arms and neck and the fact that he had dark reddish hair and red rings around his eyes, which were now multi-shade- the iris was still turquoise but the pupil was slightly darker. "Super Saiyan 4. Like it?" he stated.

The others simply stared. One of them, Geta couldn't tell which, said, "This leaves all the other transformations he used WAY behind..."

Geta waited impatiently. Finally he said, "Well? Are you going to attack me or give up?" When they didn't answer he said, "Helloooo! I'm WAITING!" That jarred Geta's opponents into action: they all charged at the same time, working together by unspoken agreement. Unfortunately for them, Geta simply flicked them out of the ring as they reached him. "Hey, medics, you'd better check them." He was lucky that they would all live.

-----------------------

TGSS5: I promised to tell why I killed Kaerlos in the prologue. Here's why... One year ago my family and I were living peacefully, training and sparring for enjoyment and bonding. Then HE came. His name was Omega Buu... He was just like Majin Buu only stronger... so much stronger... He could even beat me at Super Saiyan 4 at my maximum without too much trouble. My family tried to protect me, but he vaporized them all... That was the first time I went Super Saiyan 5. I killed him extremely easily after that, but... the loss of purpose drove me insane. I'm now just a writer's pen name who happens to be psychotic.

Kaerlos: Loss of purpose? What was your purpose?

TGSS5: ...Family. My family was my purpose.

Seraphita, Tolone, & Kaerlos: Why don't you go back and save us?

TGSS5: I never thought of that... All right, as soon as it comes up I'll have to go change it. Then I'll tell my past self that 4 isn't the limit and hand over the title The Great Super Saiyan 5 when he gets there. After that, I'll go try to see my family...

Kaerlos: Suicide?

TGSS5: Yes. Anyway, next chapter: Birth of Buu!