Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Story ❯ A Brighter Future ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Geta TGSS5: Okay, here we go- the epilogue of My Story. It's in first person, so don't expect it to be very good.

Disclaimer: TGSS5 only owns himself, his immediate family, and his grandsons. Do not sue- I command you!

-----------------------

"___": Speech (duh) and quotes
*___*: Thoughts
CAPS: Signs and Geta's shirts
'___': Other writing and quotes in speech
italics : Flashbacks

-----------------------
Epilogue
A Brighter Future

Ten years have passed since Omega Buu died a not-so-glorious death at the hands of two me's. Kaerlos married Videl and Gohan married Seraphita, both immediately upon graduation. Gohan and Seraph have a seven-year-old daughter named Pan now, Kaerlos and Videl have a four-year-old son named Jaicen, and Tolone and I have a ten-year-old son named Bardock, to honor Goku's father.

Last year I went to the Lookout and told Dende I knew about the Black Star Dragonballs and offered to destroy them. He refused until I told him that they would be used in one year and, when he asked, how I knew. It took all my strength to crush each one, but I managed it. Strangely, they all turned into a fine powder and blew away on the first wind that passed by.

Now we're all standing outside the tournament arena. I'm wearing my new favorite outfit: the Kai uniform. Yesterday I announced my retirement from the tournament circuit. I can't hold it forever, after all- people would start to wonder and anyway, I really am getting too old for this. Anyway, several surprise guests showed up. Buu I half-expected, but Shin, the East Supreme Kai? Lulu, his western counterpart? Their kids?! I never even knew they had any! And there's Kibito, following Shin everywhere, as usual. There's Nicholas, ol' Northie. Hey, what's that geezer of a Kai doing here? Hmmm, I wonder how Shin and Kibito separated. Ah, well, let's ask.

"Hey Shin," I say to get his attention. When he turns toward me I continue, "How'd you get separated from Kibito? I thought you two were fused permanently."

Shin blushes. "Well, Lulu somehow got the ability to break up the fusions of others at will." I don't inquire about the method, since it seems to be rather private. Shin changes the subject to something he's more comfortable with. "What're you doing here?"

"Watching. I'm getting too old for tournaments, I'd say. Any longer and the humans might get suspicious," I answer honestly. "How about you?"

Shin shrugs. "I think I might participate, just for fun. I'll throw the last match if I get to the finals- what does a Kai need with money?" he says.

Then I notice the potential of one of the other competitors. "Hey Shin, watch out for that dark-skinned kid over there. I think he may be Omega Buu reincarnated."

Shin holds his forehead in his hand as he says, "Oh, no... why me?"

I look at Goku, who, just for the record, is wearing a blue shirt and blue pants. "You want to fight that kid? I think his name's Uub or something. He's got a lot of raw potential."

Goku smiles. "Really? Sounds like fun!"

I nod and head off for the spectator's stands, followed by Lulu and her four kids, one severely overweight like Buu, one identical to Shin, another that looks like her, and one that looks like he'll be a big muscleman like Kaerlos. All of them are wearing Kai uniforms. The geezer follows us, along with Kibito. As we sit down I look at Lulu and say, "You know, I'll always think of you guys by name."

She apparently takes that as a hint, because she starts introducing her sons and daughter. "This is Jin," she says, pointing at the Shin lookalike. "This is Shu," she continues, this time pointing at her duplicate. "He's Ryoga." This is the big one. "And he's Daikaioh," she finishes, indicating the fat one.

I smirk. "You seem to really like Shin." Her blush confirms my assumptions more than her nod. "Quite a bit more than 'like,' I bet." She nods again. I smile more kindly now. "Good. I'm glad you two found each other." I look at the children. "How open are you about... you know... around them?" I ask, not knowing how much they already knew about "the birds and the bees," as they say.

Lulu said, "We're saving that for when they grow up." Then she turns to the ring. "Looks like the first match is starting." Indeed, when I look down I see Goku and Uub squaring off. We watch as Goku tries to reassure the frightened boy. We get surprised when he starts taunting the boy to provoke him. After a few insults to his family and a kick to the face, Goku has Uub ready to fight- eager, in fact.

Their fight starts explosively: Uub charges Goku and exchanges a flurry of punches and kicks. Goku's definitely improved, and Uub is also a lot weaker than Omega was. I say that because Goku's keeping up. Uub isn't completely overwhelming Goku or losing badly; he's matching him punch for punch and kick for kick. Eventually Uub knocks Goku into the air and jumps up to knock him back into the ground with a double axehandle. I watch with a smirk as the dust settles to reveal Goku standing in a crater relatively unharmed. After a bit more fighting the arena starts to collapse. Uub almost falls out of bounds, but Goku catches him and carries him back into the ring. After he flies out to talk with our family for a bit, he carries Uub away to train. "Seems like fighting is his life," Lulu comments.

I shrug. "Isn't it that way with all Saiyans?" I whisper to her. In a slightly louder voice I ask, "Do you want to fix the ring or shall I?" She makes a "go ahead" gesture so I point at the ring and it suddenly returns to perfect condition. I hear murmuring around us, but I ignore it. I watch disinterestedly until the finals: Jaicen versus Shin. Shin isn't wearing either of his earrings. For that matter, neither are any of the divine beings present. I guess it's because of the fusion thing.

Jaicen walks out, proud to be in the finals, and Shin follows slowly. They step into the ring and face each other at the minimum distance required by the tournament rules. "Begin!" the announcer calls out.

As they start fighting, I analyze their power levels and decide that Jaicen's is quite a bit higher. I turn to Lulu and ask, "So who do you think would win if both were fighting for real?"

She considers a bit before saying, "Although Shin is now the strongest Kai ever, I'd have to say Jaicen would win." I nod and turn back to the fight to find it's already over.

"Wow! The winner and youngest champion ever is Jaicen!" the announcer shouts. "Who is the father of this wonder boy?"

Kaerlos walks to the announcer and directs his mike at his own mouth. "I am. Jaicen is Videl's and my son." Then he smirks and announces, "Is it any wonder he did so well when his grandfather is the last champion?"

The announcer jumps. "Well, it looks like Jaicen has the blood of a fighter on both sides. Both of his parents were tournament entrants ten years ago, and his grandfather is Geta!" he says. "I believe Geta was the greatest champion ever. The world of martial arts will miss him, but he still contributes through his descendants."

I smirk and think, *I'm only retiring from tournaments, not martial arts. I'll never quit that.*

After the ending ceremony ends, my friends and I (minus Goku, of course) meet outside the Capsule Corp building. As usual, Bulma asks, "Geta, what's with that strange tattoo on your head?" She asks almost every day. No, I haven't told her yet, but I will now- at least some. They'd freak out if they found out I'm basically the living incarnation of an author in another world and therefore have the abilities to warp reality anywhere I feel like almost any way I feel like.

"Alright, I'll tell you this time. It's... a title, and the holder of that title gets several special abilities," I admit, still holding back on the full truth.

"For example...?" she presses.

"I think I'll scare Vegeta now." I concentrate, and I get a burning sensation on my forehead.

"The tattoo's... glowing?" Krillen announces... sorta.

After a short time, King Vegeta appears, minus halo. Vegeta jumps back at the sight of his father and says, "What the hell?!"

King Vegeta looks around and spots Vegeta. "Vegeta... what are you doing here in Hell?" he asks.

Vegeta glares. "We're NOT in Hell! What are YOU doing on Earth?"

I smirk. "That would be me," I say. "I revived him just to see the look on your face."

King Vegeta glares at Vegeta. "If you knew someone who could revive me, why didn't he do it earlier?" he demands.

I shrug. "He didn't know me until he first came to Earth. Also, these abilities of mine are recent acquisitions," I answer for Vegeta.

"Who's he?" Bulma demands.

I smirk again. "He's your father-in-law." Everyone recoils at that. I turn my smirk on King Vegeta. "I don't think you should try to start trouble. Most of the fighters on this planet who're any good are stronger than you, and at least half of them are human."

King Vegeta cringes at a thought: *I don't think they're stronger than Frieza.* Yes, I picked up mind reading with my title.

I smirk some more. "Yes, we are stronger than Frieza, especially because he's dead," I answer his thought. "At least all the Saiyans that live here and a few others."

"How many Saiyans are there on this planet besides me?" King Vegeta asks. I can sense his surprise at the fact that I knew what he was thinking.

I think. "Counting crossbreeds?" King Vegeta nods. "Let's see... there's me, Tolone, Vegeta, the one you call Kakarot, all three of my kids... Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Bra, Pan, Jaicen... that makes about thirteen." King Vegeta jumps. "The ones after the pause are crossbreeds, and Bra is the weakest of us because she doesn't fight... she's about as weak as the strongest human besides Videl."

King Vegeta thinks, more carefully this time, *I hope none of them are Super Saiyans...* Of course I read it anyway.

I nod. "Yup. We're all Super Saiyans, except Bra." King Vegeta glares at me. "What- want me to demonstrate?" He steps back, shaking his head. "Too bad." Without further warning, I go Super Saiyan.

*I wish I had a scouter so I could read his power level...* Guess who thought that. I smirk yet again. My symbol glows again and a scouter appears on King Vegeta's ear. He jumps but locks the scouter on me anyway. "Holy shit... One billion?!"

I shrug. "That's less than an eighth of my maximum." He gets an absolutely horrified expression on his face. It's priceless. Anyway, I then go Super Saiyan 2.

"15 billion?!" Super Saiyan 3. "100 billion?!?!" Super Saiyan 4. "150 billion?!?!?!" I smirk and go all out just to find my maximum power level. In other words, I go Super Saiyan 5. "One TRILLION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" he asks, shell shocked, as one might say. Then he takes in my Super Saiyan 5 appearance. "I bet most of your power is in strength." Apparently he's given up on hiding his thoughts.

I keep smirking as I open my eyes, incidentally scaring King Vegeta some more. "Actually I'm pretty well rounded like this." Then I change the subject by turning to Bulma and asking, "How would you like to be a Saiyan?" She nods enthusiastically and I smile. "Okay, here goes." My symbol glows yet again and Bulma screams in pain as her body restructures. A bluish green tail tears its way through her pants as her hair starts getting spikier. I look at Trunks and Bra and they, too, restructure, getting spiky hair and tails appropriate to their hair color. They don't scream, though, they just grit their teeth. "Anyone else want to be a Saiyan?" Only Gohan and Pan. "Well, I'll up your power so you can defend yourself." My symbol never stops glowing during this and now columns of energy surround the five Saiyans for a short time. Then, just to top it all off, I give Bra and Bulma all the abilities and combat skills Trunks has.

After that we all say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. On my way home I use my powers to completely erase Bebi's existence so there will not be a repeat of the most recent disaster in my original timeline. Seems all the best fighters are trouble magnets... I'll just use my author powers to keep the peace. Well, goodbye to anyone who's listening to this. See ya if I see ya.

-----------------------

Geta TGSS5: ...and that's my life story. It's pretty uneventful after that.

Tolone: I've come to enjoy peace.

Kaerlos: I've had enough fighting for my lifetime.

Seraphita: I just want to live quietly with Gohan and Pan.

Geta TGSS5: Don't ask for another chapter- there's nothing left to tell.