Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z. If I did, would I be writing DBZ fan fics?

A space pod approaches. It has traveled for a very long time. It has traveled for years, even decades. Its occupant does not know how much time has passed. He may not even be aware that decades have passed. All he knows is that he must evaluate the planet Earth for a possible purging and selling. Though he hated purging planets. Almost every planet that he had been a part of the purging party for had been so peaceful, so happy. And then he and his fellow Saiyans would descend, usually on the night of their full moon, and destroy the planets entire civilization. And then they would callously sell it to the highest bidder.

The space pod arrives on the planet. After killing a country person and taking his clothes, he meanders among the planets cities. He learned that there had been several battles here. His scouter picked up power levels that were unbelievable. Five of them were in the millions. There were several others that were over a hundred thousand. Well, this planet definitely wasn't for purging. Then he got an idea. He didn't have to report back. They could definitely see what his scouter readings were. If he destroyed his scouter, then they might think he had engaged one of those higher powers and gotten killed. He would never have to return. Except for his tail, he looked almost exactly like the Earthlings. What did they call themselves? Humans. Yes, he could probably make do on this little planet. He might not be the strongest warrior around, but if anyone tried to come and take it over, he could be ready to help defend his new home.

In between Otherworld and our dimension lies Limbo. Limbo is where beings that are sealed away from reality are kept. Most of them are evil entities, bent on destroying all life or taking over whatever mudball of a planet they were from. Others were the opposite. Warriors of good who were overwhelmed by the evil that they were fighting and were sent into Limbo in disgrace, simply for the amusement of their enemies. One such being lifts his head. His time for release was drawing near. The demons didn't know it, but the spell that they had used to seal him into Limbo had a time release. He would soon be released and he would find the person who sealed him away and destroy him. The name of that demon was one that he would never forget. Yes, he would get his revenge on Dabura.

"I'm sorry sir, we would love to hire you, but you do not have a high school education" The young woman at the reception desk was extremely nice and very helpful. But he still wouldn't be able to get the job. All he needed was two more years of high school education and the job was his. Though there were programs where he would have been able to get two years of education within one year.

"Sir, this position does not need to be filled immediately," the receptionist says, "so you can go back to high school, go through an intensive study course, and get your diploma within a year. Chances are there won't be anyone else qualified for this job. Besides, the World's Martial Arts Tournament is months away. We won't need a guard with your skills until then, so we can hold the job open for you. Most other martial artists would rather compete."

"Why bother competing when no one could ever beat Hercule?" the young man replies, "what's the best high school in the area?"

"Why, that would be Orange Star High school," the receptionist replies, "it's very good. I'm sure you'll fit in quite well there."

"Despite me being a good 11 years older than most of the students?" the man asks sarcastically.

"Sir, you look remarkably young for your age," the receptionist says, "that is what I meant."

"I'll look into Orange Star High," the man tells the receptionist, "and rest assured that once I do get my diploma I will be back for the job."

"Very good sir," the receptionist says and goes back to doing her everyday routine.

Piccolo's eyes open wide in shock. "What is it Piccolo?" Dende, the Guardian of the Earth, asks his fellow Namekian.

"There are various events coming together," Piccolo says, breathing heavily, "something strange is going on on Earth, and I feel that it will affect the fate of the entire universe."

"Should we tell Gohan?" Dende asks, "after all, he is our strongest warrior. Especially since Goku sacrificed himself to defeat Cell."

"I fear that we may have to go to Namek to wish Goku back," Piccolo tells the young Namek dryly, "we may need his help and whatever else we can get. We may have to find all of the warriors Goku and I have fought over the years that would be willing to help and toss them into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to train for all of the help we'll likely need."

"Are things gonna get that bad Piccolo?" Dende asks.

"I fear things may be even worse than that," Piccolo replies, his eyes haunted, "we may need to see if there are any warriors among the dead that Goku has met that would be willing to help in exchange for another go at life."

At this, Dende's eyes widen. "Piccolo, are you certain?" Dende asks, his voice shaky.

"I'm sorry Dende, but it appears that you'll be going through more in your first seven years as Guardian of Earth than I did in all of my centuries," Piccolo says, though it is Kami's voice that speaks.

"But don't worry kid, you're doing fine," the voice of Nail, the last Namek warrior besides Piccolo says from Piccolo's mouth as well. Both Kami and Nail had at one time or another fused with Piccolo to make him stronger: Nail to help Piccolo fight Frieza and Kami to help him fight the Androids and Cell.

"Thanks guys, but we really should inform Gohan and Vegeta," Dende tells his fellow Nameks, "as the strongest warriors on Earth, they should be prepared. And it might be wise to draft Goten and Trunks. We've seen what Trunks will someday be capable of and since Vegeta is training him he'll be even stronger than his future counterpart."

"Let's wait," Piccolo tells the younger Namek, "it'll be several months before all of this comes to an encounter. Maybe even years."

"Then we shall wait," Dende agrees, "though I hope it is the right thing to do."

"If worse comes to worse, Gohan still has another day in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber that he has yet to go through," Piccolo says, "and he could take Goten or Trunks in with him."

"Then we shall indeed wait," Dende says, "and pray to the Kai's that all will work out."

On a dark, desolate appearing planet, slightly out of phase with Earth, sits a large demon. He is Dabura, the King of Demons and the mightiest warrior of the Demon World.

"Soon, we shall make the Earth ours," he rumbles, "the foolish humans are no match for us, and when I merge with the creature Majin Buu when the wizard Babidi releases him, I will be invincible!"

Dabura laughs evilly as he thinks of all of the beautiful carnage he could wreak throughout the entire universe once he merged with Majin Buu.

Well, what do you think of this? An odd concept, to be sure but I firmly believe that I can make it work. The person in the space pod and the person trapped in Limbo are both characters of my creation.