Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Chapter Four - Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, another chapter out.

Disclaimer: Except for Jesse and Zarvon, I own nothing in this fic.

"It is time for the Quarter Finals! We have four incredible matches lined up. First it's Yamu versus Shin. Yamu pounded Krillin in their match and Majunior forfeited to Shin. Next is Spopovitch versus the Great Saiyaman. Spopovitch clobbered our dear Videl and the Great Saiyaman is the first up to exact revenge on him. Next up is Goku versus Zarvon. This is Goku's fourth tournament and so far throughout his career he has made it to the finals of every tournament he has ever been in. But he has a tough opponent in Zarvon. Their match will be very interesting. And the final match fo the Quarter Finals is Jesse versus Pegaro. If your just tuning in at home, Pegaro scored a stunning upset victory over Hercule with a ring out. I am here now with Hercule to see how he is taking this. Hercule sir, just what are your opinions on the match?" Hercule grabs the mic.

"HOW COULD THAT LITTLE PUNK DEFEAT ME?!" Hercule bellows, "HE'S NOTHING MORE THAN A SRAWNY RUNT! HE GOT LUCKY I TELL YA! LUCKY!"

"Well folks, there you have it," the announcer says as he pulls the microphone away from Hercule, "straight from the former champions mouth."

"FORMER CHAMPION!" Hercule bellows so loud everyone in the stadium could hear him even without the microphone.

"Yes, Hercule, you are the former champion since you lost your match," the announcer says, barely able to hide his joy, "you are unable to defend your title for the rest of this tournament since you are no longer in it. I'm sorry, but those are the rules. Now please go to the back and watch the rest of the tournament from there or I'll have security remove you from the tournament grounds."

The announcers words send a shockwave through the crowd. This lowly announcer was telling the great Hercule Satan, the man who saved the world from Cell, to get lost? It just couldn't be. But it was. Hercule, furious at the outrage of losing, storms out of the arena swearing that he'll return and get his title back. The announcer sighs and resumes doing his job.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, its time to get on with the show. Our first match in the Quarter Finals will be Yamu versus Shin. This promises to be a good match. Will Yamu and Shin please report to the ring. It is time for your match."

"Hey, its time for your match," Jesse tells Shin, "knock him out, though don't do any permanent damage to him. I mean, you do need the information he has, don't you?"

Shin looks at Jesse surprised, but he quickly resumes a passive face. He walks to the ring, pondering what Jesse said and what it could possibly mean.

"Shin, as you know, is a first time competitor whereas Yamu did okay in the previous tournament. Now, lets see who will come out victorious and make it to the semi-finals! Ready and go!"

Yamu starts off with a hard punch, but Shin blocks it and delivers a sharp kick to the abdomen which knocks all of the air out of Yamu's lungs. He delivers a sharp chop to the back of Yamu's head and knocks him out.

"And Yamu is down! By the rules, I must deliver a ten count. If he's not up by then, then he's out of the match. 1…2…3…4…5…5…6…7…8…9&# 8230;10. And Yamu loses!"

The crowd goes wild. They didn't like what Yamu did to Krillin, the brutality that he showed. And since it was apparent Spopovitch was a buddy of his, they wanted him to win even less.

"Wow, that Shin guy is tough," Krillin remarks, "he's much stronger than me."

"That's not saying much," Vegeta retorts.

Krillin frowns. "Yeah, but for a guy on Earth? You know I'm one of the strongest humans on Earth Vegeta."

"True, and that's still not saying much," Vegeta says, "though you are right. I thought you knew all of the other weakling humans that are that strong. Though I must admit, the guy can't be human if he is stronger than you. Even I'll admit you're at the pinnacle of strength that you humans can achieve."

"Thanks, I think," Krillin says, unsure what Vegeta meant.

"And our next match is Spopovitch versus the Great Saiyaman!"

"Be careful Gohan," Videl says, "remember what that guy did to me."

"Yeah, take care bro," Krillin says, "something just isn't right about that guy."

"Do your best Gohan, and make him pay for hurting Videl like that," Pegaro says.

At the mention of what Spopovitch did to Videl, Gohan's face hardens. "Don't worry, he is gonna pay."

"Will our fighters please report to the ring at this time? Spopovitch and the Great Saiyaman, it is time for your match."

In the crowd, Sharpner and Erasa were watching the Tenkaichi Budoukai.

"Man, a lot of these guys sure like to resort to tricks," Sharpner says, "what is this, a carnival or a martial arts tournament?"

"Well, didn't Videl fly?" Erasa asks, "I mean, I may gullible but I'm sure I saw Videl flying."

"Well, the Great Saiyaman is supposed to be able to fly," Sharpner says, "then again, he may be some kind of alien with strange powers."

"But how did Videl fly?" Erasa asks, "I know she's not an alien."

"Maybe Saiyaman taught her how to fly," a geeks says, "after all, before Hercule won the world tournament, the fight between Son Goku and the Demon King Piccolo had loads of strange fighting techniques. Maybe they weren't tricks, just difficult abilities to learn that Hercule didn't bother trying to learn because he had been told that they were tricks. Or maybe he said they were tricks because he couldn't explain them in any other way except that they were fake."

"You've got a point," Sharpner says.

"Well, its time for Saiyaman to take on Spopovitch," Erasa says, "hopefully he can get him for what he did to Videl."

Spopovitch faced off against Gohan in the middle of the ring. The two eyes each other fiercely. Gohan was seething with anger, remembering every blow Spopovitch delivered to Videl.

"Spopovitch, I don't know who you think you are, but you're gonna pay for hurting Videl," Gohan says, letting the anger drift into his voice as he powers up, "I know you didn't realize this, but you are now facing the strongest guy in the universe, and when you hurt my friends, it makes me mad. And when I get mad, I get stronger."

Piccolo listens to Gohan's speech with great interest. The only time he had ever seen Gohan this mad was when someone he really cared about got hurt.

"What she doing?" Videl asks.

"He's powering up," Piccolo says, "he's focusing his ki to make himself stronger. For Gohan, his power rises even more when he's mad. The last time I saw Gohan get this mad was when I was getting pounded by Frieza."

"Wjhoa, you mean that explosion of power that knocked Frieza to his knees?" Krillin yelps in surprise, "that was the maddest he's ever been. If he's that mad right now, we may have to step in to keep him from killing Spopovitch."

"Gohan wouldn't kill him, would he?" Videl asks, fearful.

"Videl, Gohan is one of the most gentle people to ever live," Piccolo says, "the only thing capable of getting him mad is hurting those he cares about. And when he does get mad, there is only one thought in his mind: destroy the person who hurt his friends. I trained Gohan, spent time with just him and me for nearly a year. He even looked up to me as a second father figure. Gohan considers me his best friend. We were fighting a tyrant named Frieza 10 years ago and I was getting seriously beaten up. If Gohan hadn't stepped in, I would have died. Gohan's rage at that point was incredible. I had never seen him angrier before or since. Until now."

"Wow Piccolo, that's the most I've ever heard you say at one time," Goku says with a smile. Then the smile disappears. "If Gohan is that mad, then there's no telling what he'll do."

"What I don't understand, if what you're saying is true, is how he got so mad," Videl says.

"Well, Gohan's anger is probably compounded," Krillin says, "he and I are best friends, like brothers at times. He knows Yamu and Spopovitch are buddies and sees Yamu in Spopovitch and sees this as a chance to vent some of that anger. But there's no way he should be this mad just from that. He's seen me hurt a lot worse than what Yamu did to me."

"It's not just that," Eighteen says, a faint smile on her face, "the kid likes this girl. Judging by his reaction when she was getting beaten up, I'd say he likes her a lot."

Krillin snickers. "And he says you're not his girlfriend."

Videl blushes. "We're just friends," she says, "that's all."

"Oh, come on," Krillin says, "you can tell me. I promise I won't tell him."

"The brats about to move up to the nest level," Vegeta says, his eyes never leaving the ring.

"What?!" Krillin yelps, "Spopovitch is in trouble now. He didn't have a chance before, but if Gohan ascends we'll have to scrap Spopovitch off the surface of the moon! Well, we would if the moon was still around."

Goku looks at the ring. Sure enough, Gohan had already gone Super Saiyan, his bandanna and sunglasses had already flown off his head.

"No way!" Videl gasps, "Gohan is the Gold Fighter as well?"

"Gold Fighter?" Vegeta snorts, "Gohan has ascended to the level of Super Saiyan. He's about to go to the next level."

"Super Saiyan?" Zarvon asks.

"Yes, a Super Saiyan," Vegeta replies, "I'm not bothering explaining it to you wouldn't even know what a Saiyan is."

Zarvon growls. "And just who do you think you are?"

"I am the Prince of all Saiyans," Vegeta replies haughtily.

Zarvon's eyes widen, then he goes down to one knee. "My prince."

At hearing this, Vegeta's eyes widen. "What?"

Zarvon reaches for his belt and moves it, revealing his tail. Vegeta and Goku both look at Zarvon in shock. Videl looks at Zarvon in horror, and Jesse was obviously amused by all of this.

"You..you..you're a Saiyan!" Krillin yelps.

"Yes, I am," Zarvon says, "a Saiyan Elite, to be exact. I am of the noble house Gladino."

"The house Gladino?" Vegeta repeats, "my old servant, Nappa, was of that house."

"I have a son named Nappa," Zarvon replies, "he was born last year, in the year 2746 of the Saiyan calender."

"That was 60 years ago," Vegeta says calmly.

"What?!" Zarvon yelps. He thinks for a moment. "I passed very closely to a black hole on my way to this planet. I must have been trapped in the even horizon, where time is warped and slowed. That is the only explanation as to what happened." He looks out at the ring, at Gohan. "So that is the legendary Super Saiyan."

"Yes, but Kakarott here was the first to reach this level in three thousand years," Vegeta says, "then myself, and finally his oldest brat. Both my son and his can reach this level without even trying. Gohan can go beyond this level to another level."

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Videl demands, "Saiyans, black holes, other planets? What are you talking about?"

Vegeta gets an evil glint in his eye. Goku sees it. "Vegeta, you promised Gohan," he says warningly.

"And whats the brat gonna do?" Vegeta retorts, "defeat me in battle?"

"You know he's stronger than you," Goku says.

"Gohan is in fact the strongest of all of you," Shin says.

"What are you talking about Shin?" Piccolo asks.

"They are not aware of it, but Gohan is the one that Yamu and Spopovitch seek," Shin says, "his energy is what they are after."

"His energy?" Pegaro asks.

Shin nods. "When Gohan reaches his full power, Yamu will make his move. Spopovitch will take the moment's distraction to hold Gohan in place and Yamu will then use a device to drain his energy. You must not interfere. When they finish draining his energy, than Kabito will heal him. Like your kami, Dende, he can heal a person's power without using his own strength up. When they leave, I will follow them to their hideout, which will lead me to their master."

"Their master?" Krillin asks.

"A wizard by the name of Babidi," Shin says, "he is planning to use the energy those two capture to power a spell to release a monster of destruction by the name of Majin Buu. Majin Buu is far more powerful than anything any of you have ever faced. He is thousands of times more powerful than Frieza. Even Cell, who is still causing trouble in Otherworld, would seem like an insect next to Majin Buu."

"Like an insect?" Videl whispers, "hey, what do you mean, Otherworld?"

"Otherworld is the place you go to when you die," Goku explains, "the only reason I'm here is because I've done so much good that I racked up some credit and am allowed back in the world of the living for a day."

"Not to mention the fact that you helped stop Frieza and the others when you arrived," Shin says, "they were really causing problems."

"Pikkon could have handled them," Goku says, "I mean, he took Cell out with one punch. Of course, Cell wasn't expecting it and was overly confident that I was his only competition."

"And yet you defeated Pikkon for all intents and purposes in the Otherworld Tournament," Shin says with a small smile.

"He used his Thunder Flash Attack one too many times," Goku replies, "I had seen it enough times that I found a weakness in it that I was able to exploit."

"You've lost me here," Videl says, exasperated.

"Trust me Videl, it only gets worse," Piccolo says.

A blur moves past the Z Warriors.

"There he goes," Jesse mutters, "he's in for a surprise."

Yamu appears just behind Gohan. Gohan senses him, turns around, a fires a ki blast into Yamu that sends him flying into the wall. Spopovitch takes this opportunity to try and wrap his arms around Gohan. Gohan lets him do this, but he then flies backwards into the wall. Spopovitch is slammed hard into the wall, but Gohan doesn't even touch it.

"And the Great Saiyaman is the winner!" the announcer declares, "even though Yamu tried to interfere, he still won with the utmost ease."

"No way," Videl breathes, "there's just no way."

"Well, there's goes that plan," Shin mutters.

"Don't worry about it Shin," Jesse says, "they'll surely try it again with someone else. That is, if they ever wake up."

Gohan powers down back to normal and hurriedly grabs his bandanna and sunglasses and runs to the back area.

"Wow Gohan, that was incredible," Videl says, "how did you do that? Make your hair change color?"

Upon hearing this, Gohan pales. He looks at his dad. "I didn't transform, did I?"

"Afraid so, son," Goku says, "you went all the way to level two. I was almost sure you would go to the next level if there is one."

"There's not another level, is there?" Gohan asks.

"Maybe," Goku says, "it is possible. There may actually be no limit to how many levels of Super Saiyan there is."

"Will Goku and Zarvon please come to the ring?" the announcer says into his microphone, "it is time for your match."

"Well, Goku, shall we go and see who is stronger?" Zarvon asks.

"Kakarott is the stronger of you two if he doesn't transform," Vegeta says, "though when he isn't transformed, we shall have to find out."

Zarvon and Goku walk to the ring.

"You know, there is something familiar about Zarvon, other than the fact he is a classmate," Gohan says as he puts the bandanna and sunglasses back on.

"That is because he is actually a Saiyan," Vegeta says. Gohan looks at Vegeta, startled.

"You heard right, boy," Vegeta smirks, "apparently he was being sent to this planet to purge it many years ago but he got caught in the event horizon of a black hole."

"And time passed by rapidly for us and extremely slow for him," Gohan says, "how long was he trapped there?"

"As near as I can tell, close to sixty years," Vegeta says, "he was Nappa's father."

"I definitely don't see the family resemblance," Gohan muses, "Zarvon has hair."

"Fool!" Vegeta yells, "Nappa once had hair. He had hair when I was a boy. Those two do look a lot alike. And apparently he got a lot stronger."

"Well, the gravity within the event horizon of a black hole is intense," Gohan says, "it is possible that the fluctuations of gravity were somehow exerted on him and he slowly grew stronger. How strong do you think he is?"

"As powerful as your father was when he first fought Frieza," Vegeta replies as he turns his attention to the ring, "though nowhere near as strong as he was when he transformed into a Super Saiyan."

"That's pretty strong," Gohan muses, "I'll bet he could give Trunks or Goten a good workout if they don't transform."

"Gohan, what exactly are you talking about?" Videl demands. Gohan turns to look at Videl. He had totally forgotten that she was there.

"Uh, what do you mean, Videl?" he asks, nervous. Pegaro and Krillin snicker at Gohan's predicament while Jesse chuckles.

"What I mean is, what are Saiyan?" Videl says, getting angry.

"Well, uh," Gohan stammers.

"Quiet!" Vegeta says sharply, "they are beginning."

Zarvon starts off with a punch to Goku's face. He quickly follows up with a flurry of punches and kicks that would have devastated just about anybody. Of course, since when is Goku part of a group like that when it comes to fighting?

Goku easily blocks each blow and delivers a few punches to Zarvon's gut. Zarvon launches a small ki blast into Goku's face before moving farther away and powering up another ki blast. He holds his right arm out and clasps his left hand to his right wrist.

"Hyah!" he yells. A powerful wave a ki energy erupts from his hand and slams into Goku who was still recovering from the ki blast to the face.

Back in the waiting area, Vegeta smirks.

"That's odd," he mutters, "he disappeared before Frieza conquered us and yet he knows one of Zarbon's signature moves."

"Really?" Krillin asks.

"Yeah, he used that on me when I first fought him on Namek," Vegeta remarks, "its quite a powerful attack. It delivers twice the normal punch of a fully powered ki blast. Kakarott, for all his strength, will be feeling that blow."

Indeed, when the smoke from the explosion clears, Goku was looking a little worse for wear. His clothes were a bit tattered and had a few tears, but overall he seemed to be okay.

"That was some attack," Goku tells Zarvon, "much more than I expected. You're good."

"Thank you," Zarvon says as he moves into a fighting crouch, "you say your name is Kakarott?"

"My Saiyan name is Kakarott," Goku says as he lands and gets into a fighting stance of his own, "but the name I go by, the name I was raised with is Goku."

"I know of a little boy named Bardock when I left planet Vegeta," Zarvon says, "he showed great potential, but not much overall power."

"Vegeta says my fathers name was Bardock," Goku says, "he said he was a common warrior, but he did develop an energy ball that simulated the light of a full moon."

"He was supposed to be quite smart," Zarvon says, "now shall we continue?"

"Indeed," Goku says just before he launches himself, spinning with his right leg out at Zarvon. Zarvon blocks the kick and counters with a punch to the gut followed by a head butt which sends him sprawling.

"Should have warned him against that," Piccolo says, "Goku has the hardest head out of anybody you'll ever meet."

"Tell me about it," Krillin says, "he's been like that ever since I knew him."

Zarvon and Goku go into a flurry of punches, kicks, blocks, and flips.

"Wow, look at them go!" Krillin says, awed, "its been so long since Goku has been able to fight just for the fun of it, without the fate of the world hanging in the balance."

"What about that Otherworld tournament he mentioned?" Jesse asks.

"Well, there was that," Krillin says sheepishly, "but its been so long since he's been able to do that here. Probably not since he fought you for the World Title Piccolo."

"That was some match, but nothing compared to this," Piccolo says, "and from what Goku says, he only had to go Super Saiyan for that last match against Pikkon. Here, he has decided not to go Super Saiyan and he is fighting an opponent whose strength is an unknown though the style is somewhat familiar. Goku revels in fights like these."

"Like I said, not since he fought you in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai," Krillin replies.

"They're something else," Gohan says, "I've never seen dad this happy in a fight."

"Son Gohan, you still haven't answered my question!" Videl yells.

"Yikes, she reminds me of Chichi," Krillin mutters, holding his ears. Piccolo and Vegeta nod their agreement even though they do not take their eyes off of the match.

"Well, Videl, its like this," Gohan begins. He goes into a quick explaination about the Saiyans, how his dad arrived on Earth, Raditz arriving, followed by Vegeta and Nappa, going to Namek and fighting Frieza, Frieza coming to Earth and his defeat, Mirai Trunks warning, Cooler arriving, then the androids. He was reluctant to tell Videl the whole story, but she managed to press it out of him.

"What happened to the androids?" Videl asks.

"They were eventually absorbed by Cell, though Eighteen was spat back up after a powerful punch to the gut," Gohan replies.

"Which you delivered?" Videl asks, amazed.

"Yes," Gohan says.

"So my dad didn't defeat Cell, did he?" Videl asks.

"Not a chance in Hell," Vegeta snorts, "that buffoon couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag compared to us. Even you're stronger than he is."

"Well, I can understand why you didn't want that publicity," Videl says, "look at what its done to my dad."

"I don't think he's any different from what we saw at the Cell Games," Gohan says.

"Oh, please, don't even joke about that," Videl says exasperatingly, "he is ten times worse. His ego has grown way too large. I'm glad you defeated him Pegaro, and not one of these guys. You're close enough to how strong my dad is that he won't think you beat him with a trick. And since you weren't moving too fast for the camera's to catch, though they would have to go in slow motion for people to see you, it can be proved that you didn't use a trick to beat him. I'm sure that's where dad is right now, trying to figure out how to weasel out of losing the title."

"He won't really try anything, will he?" Pegaro asks.

"If he does, then he's gonna regret it," Vegeta says, "he has been getting on my nerves for the last seven years since his ugly face is practically everywhere. If he tries to weasel his way into keeping his title again, then I'm gonna kill him."

"No you won't, Vegeta!" Gohan says harshly, "what will Bulma say?"

Upon hearing his wife's name, Vegeta begins to grumble.

"Whoa, would you look at that!" Krillin exclaims. The others turn to look at the match.

Goku and Zarvon were deadlocked. They were trying to force each other back, but neither one was giving the other any ground.

"Incredible," Jesse whispers, "he has the Mystic Force."

"The what?" Gohan asks.

"The Mystic Force is an increase of power that is all but undetectable," Jesse explains, "only a psychic who can also use their ki can sense it. And there aren't many like that."

"You can sense it?" Shin asks, surprised.

"Can't you?" Jesse smirks, taking Shin off guard once again.

Goku moves back and fires a large ki blast at Zarvon. Zarvons places both hands together, each one in a gun position like the Blast Revolver attack that he had used to defeat Kabito. An orb of energy forms.

"Blast Cannon!" he yells. His ki spikes momentarily and a blast of fire and ki energy erupt from his hands. The attacks slam into each other, but Zarvon's attack pushes back Goku's ki blast and knocks him into the air.

"Quite good," Goku says, breathing hard, "your very good."

"Thanks," says Zarvon, who is also breathing hard, "I'm surprised I'm doing this well."

"There is only one minute left in this match," the announcer says, "and this match has been so close that it will be impossible for the judges to determine a winner."

"Wanna go all out in a final ki blast?" Goku asks Zarvon.

"Sure, why not?" Zarvon says and begins to power up. Goku follows suit, placing his hands at his right side together.

"Ka me ha," Goku says slowly.

Zarvon holds up his right arm and clasps his wrist with his left hand.

"Me ha!" Goku yells, launching his attack.

"Bakurikimaha!" Zarvon yells and the blast erupts from his hand.

The two attacks collide and begin to push at each other.

"Whoa! It looks like Goku is using his signature attack, the Kamehameha Wave which was taught to him by the legendary Master Roshi," the announcer says, jumping up and down excitedly.

The crowd looks on in wonder. Hercule had told him that such things as what they were now watching were just light shows and tricks, but this certainly didn't look like a light show. Well, it was a light show but it certainly didn't appear to be mere lights.

"Yeah Goku, get him!" Chichi yells. She was going wild. All of the fans around her were slowly inching away from her and trying to find other seats.

"Wow, Goku is really going all out against this guy," Yamcha says as he watches, "and he is tough. Very tough."

"Yes, he's quite strong," Master Roshi says, "he'd have to be to give Goku as much trouble as he is."

Suddenly, in the middle of his Kamehameha, Goku vanishes. He appears behind Zarvon. Zarvon tries to stop his attack so he can turn his attention to Goku himself, but it doesn't matter. Goku kicks Zarvon in the chin and sends him flying out of the ring. He crashes into the wall and falls to the ground. Turning his attention back to his ki blast, Goku launches himself in front of it and takes the blast head on.

When the smoke clears to show that Goku is still standing, the announcer declares his decision.

"And Goku is the winner by a ring out!" he says. The crowd cheers wildly.

Goku walks over to Zarvon and helps him up. "Great match." "Same to you, Goku."

The two walk back to the backstage.

"That was incredible dad," Gohan says, "great match."

"Thanks Gohan," Goku says, "but I expect to see you in the finals."

"Same to you," Gohan says.

"What makes you so sure he's gonna make it past me?" Jesse says with a grin, "that fight took at lot out of him and you don't want him to transform since people will recognize him from the Cell Games."

"He knows?" Goku asks.

"And so does Videl," Gohan says with a sigh.

"Wow, you've probably revealed all of your secrets to your friends today Gohan," Krillin snickers, "and just think: earlier you were threatening us with severe bodily harm if we let anything slip. And in the end, you tell her everything yourself!" Krillin falls to the ground laughing.

"Well, time for our match Jesse," Pegaro says, "please go easy on me."

"Heh, you'll do fine," Jesse says, "even though you won't win. Besides, even if he is worn out do you honestly think you can beat Goku?"

"Think I can go ahead and forfeit the match?" Pegaro says apprehensively.

"I'll fight at your level, Pegaro," Jesse says, "I promise. The good thing about being both a fighter and a psychic is that you can seal away however much of your power that you want and you can't unlock it after a certain amount of time that you preset. I can set it for thirty-five minutes."

"Um, okay," Pegaro says and the two walk to the ring.

"Was he telling the truth?" Videl asks Gohan.

"I don't know," Gohan says as he watches the two head for the ring, "we've never really fought against a true psychic before. The closest we ever came to that was probably Piccolo."

"Even I don't have that kind of psychic power," Piccolo says.

"He was telling the truth," Shin says, "though I did not know humans with such powerful psychic gifts still lived. I thought the last of the died years ago."

"Just who are you?" Zarvon asks.

"Go ahead and tell them, Piccolo," Shin says with a smile, "I must go and see to Kabito. I think he has almost figured out where Babidi's ship is." He walks off.

"Who is he Piccolo?" Gohan asks.

"He is the Supreme Kai," Piccolo says.

"Whoa, I've heard stories about him from King Kai, but I thought they were just stories!" Goku exclaims.

"Um, mind telling me what is going on?" Zarvon asks.

"Okay, most planets like Earth have a Guardian, or kami," Piccolo begins, "I am a Namek, and the previous kami is a part of me. When I came to Earth, the evils that I saw as a child affected me. When I vied for the Throne of Kami, the Guardian before that said that there was too much evil within me. So I split myself into two entities: the noble Kami, and Piccolo Daimou. Piccolo Daimou, my sire, was sealed away but was released years ago and made young again with the Dragon Balls, powerful artifacts of my home planet that Kami created. They have the power to grant any one wish that was within Kami's power. But they cannot bring someone back to life more than once. Goku is a testament to that."

"It's true," Goku says, "I died when my brother appeared and was wished back to fight Vegeta and Nappa. I died again fighting Cell. Please continue Piccolo."

"Well, when my sire, Piccolo Daimou was released and made young again, he tried to take over the world. But a young boy stopped him and killed him. That boy was Goku. But, since Nameks come from eggs, he poured all of his essence into a single egged and spat it out. And then he died. Eventually, I grew up and faced Goku in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai in the final round. I lost, though I tried every trick I knew. Ki blasts, getting larger, everything. But Goku still won. He is the greatest champion to date."

"Piccolo, I told her about you and Kami, remember?" Gohan says, "and Dende as well. Nail too."

"Very well," Piccolo sighs, "anyway, like there are Guardians for each planet, each quadrant of space has a Kai that watches over it. We are in the North Quadrant, and are watched over by the North Kai, more commonly called King Kai. Then, there is the Grand Kai, who reigns above them and watches over matter too important for the four lesser Kai's. Goku has been living with him since he died fighting Cell."

"And the Supreme Kai rules above him?" Videl asks.

"I do not know," Piccolo says, "I've only suspected that there was a Kai above the Grand Kai."

~In Otherworld~

"It can't be!" King Kai exclaims. He had been watching everything from a spot on the Grand Kai's planet. "That kid is the Supreme Kai? Even I've never met him!"

~Back on Earth, at the Tenkaichi Budoukai~

"Look at them go!" the announcer says. Jesse and Pegaro were fighting for all they were worth. Since Pegaro couldn't use ki blasts or fly, Jesse didn't use this to his advantage. Whatever ability Pegaro showed, Jesse showed. The speed they were fighting at was only slightly more than what Goku and Piccolo fought at in their championship match.

"Pegaro is quite strong," Krillin says as he watches the fight, "someone really should train him. It would be horrible for such potential to go to waste. But he's already beyond what Master Roshi could teach him."

"You could teach him Krillin," Gohan says, "you've always wanted an apprentice."

"True, but I'd have to move off of Roshi's island first," Krillin says, "its just too small. He didn't even train me and Goku there."

"Watch the match," Vegeta snorts, "its fairly entertaining, for a couple of inferior fighters."

Jesse and Pegaro lock up in another bout of strength. Jesse pushes back and sweeps Pegaro off his feet. Grasping his hands firmly, Jesse begins to spin around. He spins faster and faster until he finally lets go. Pegaro goes flying. He hits just inside the ring, but he skids and keeps going until he skids out of the ring and lands on the around outside of the ring.

"And Pegaro has landed outside of the ring," the announcer says, "Jesse is the winner!"

Jesse walks over to Pegaro and helps him back to his feet. Both of them are sweating and breathing hard. "Great match," Jesse says, "I haven't had a workout like that in a long time."

"What a show of sportsmanship," the announcer says, "truly, these are true martial artists."

"Incredible match guys," Videl says. Jesse grins, then falls to the ground.

"What happened?" Videl asks.

"Apparently he overstressed himself a bit," Pegaro says.

"Well, at least he'll have some time to rest before he has to fight again," Goku says.

"You're his opponent dad," Gohan says.

"And you and Shin fight next," Goku says, "think you can use the time limit to its fullest so he'll have a chance to rest?"

"Why not just take him to Dende?" Gohan asks, "you're pretty beat up from your match with Zarvon. He can heal you both."

"No need," Shin says, "Kabito, like this planets Guardian, can heal a person completely without taking any energy from himself."

"Well, Jesse's unconscious so he can't say which he would prefer," Pegaro says.

"Or if he would want either," Videl remarks.

"Refusing help does sound like something he would do," Gohan says, "but he's gonna get help whether he likes it or not."

"We could give him a senzu bean, but that would be a waste with Goku here since he can use his Instant Transmission," Krillin says.

"Well, I don't doubt Shin," Goku says, "Kabito, heal him."

Kabito nods and places a hand over Jesse's chest. A golden light, similar to that of a Super Saiyan aura, appears and flows out of Kabito's hand and washes over Jesse.

"We'll take a short break so our fighters can rest and you fans can go to the snack bars and get yourselves something to eat," the announcer says from outside.

"How long will this take?" Gohan asks as Kabito heals Jesse.

"It depends on how much energy he has used and how exhausted his body is," Kabito replies, "he hardly used any energy when compared to what I can heal or what he should be able to use, but he pushed his body well beyond the limits it had with him sealing away the energy he could have used to keep his body refreshed."

"He is a remarkable warrior," Shin says, "I didn't even know of his existence. Nor do I think North Kai or the Grand Kai knew of his existence either."

"I thought King Kai oversaw everything within the North Quadrant?" Goku asks.

"He does, but he has only been watching over this quadrant for a few thousand years," Shin says, "maybe no more than five thousand."

"But wouldn't he still know of Jesse?" Gohan asks.

"He didn't know I was a Saiyan until I told him," Goku says, "so its possible that he slipped through unnoticed like me being a Saiyan did."

"Also, King Kai has only started paying attention to Earth and our region of space since Goku arrived and trained under him," Piccolo says, "he's been very lazy."

"But Jesse isn't that old," Gohan says, "he's no older than I am at least, so King Kai would have noticed his training."

"He was probably more focused on Goku and the rest of us than any unknowns," Piccolo says, "I must admit, though, that for some reason the strange events that I have sensed in the air seem to revolve around this boy."

"What are you saying Piccolo?" Krillin asks, "that the kids an alien?"

"Doubtful, but possible," was Piccolo's only answer.

The light fades from Jesse and he opens his eyes.

"How long was I out?" he asks groggily.

"No more than a few minutes," Videl says, helping him to his feet.

"Minutes?!" Jesse exclaims, "I wasn't able to reopen my energy reserves to refresh me! How was I brought back to consciousness so soon?"

"Kabito healed you," Shin says.

"Oh, thank you Kabito," Jesse says, bowing to Kabito. He turns to face Shin. "And my thanks to you, Supreme Kai, for having him heal me."

Well, how was that? I'm not that good at writing battles, but I would say this chapter had some of my better work. Tell me what you think in a review please.