Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ No Matter What ❯ A New Threat ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

No Matter What

It had been a year since the threat of Cell had vanished from the planet. The Son family still had the memory of Goku on their minds. Chi Chi every once in a while could be found crying silent tears in her bedroom, and Gohan would fly off to his favorite spot and let his emotions out. They both have been very busy in the last year, with a complete surprise to everyone. Soon after Goku died, Chi Chi found out that she was pregnant. Nine months later, a new baby boy was a part of their lives. Sometimes, if not for him, the family may have fallen apart.

Gohan enjoyed the responsibility of helping take care of his younger brother(who was called Goten). He loved Goten, and needed him to take away some of the pain of losing Goku. Gohan, as you expected, was a great big brother. Always playing with Goten and that. Their lives were happy, but that was soon to be turned upside-down.

Chi Chi smiled as she watched her two sons playing together. Although Goten was only 3 months old, he seemed to be very smart and very strong. He was always found crawling around the house. "My boys, my beautiful boys," she thought. "Just look at them. I only wish Goku was here to see them now. He would be so proud of them." She wiped the beginning of a tear as Gohan turned around.

"Hey mom, is it time for dinner? I think the little guy is getting hungry."

Chi Chi started laughing, "He acts more and more like his father every day." They walked into the kitchen and enjoyed a meal. Well, as enjoying as watching Gohan eat. After the meal, she cleaned while Gohan took Goten into the living room. "I only hope they know how much I love them. They mean everything to me."

Soon enough, it was time to get them ready for bed. Chi Chi took Goten into the bathroom and began giving him a bath. He laughed at the bubbles floating around him. He even laughed as his mother poured water over his already, out of control hair. "He is more like Goku than even Gohan does. I mean, he is a picture Goku already. He acts just like him." She finished and carried Goten into his bedroom and began singing a lullaby. A little while later, the baby was asleep in her arms.

"Already 3 months old, they are growing up so fast. I mean, Gohan is 12 already, and growing like a weed. Soon enough, he will be taller than me." She smiled again, she was happy now. Well, happier than she had been in a long time.

"Mom..." she heard a tiny voice say.

"Yes, sweetie," she said looking at Gohan in the doorway.

"Would it be ok, if you uh... tucked mean in. I mean, it isn't babyish is it?"

"No sweetie, it isn't at all. Let me put your brother in his crib and I will be right in, ok?"

"Ok mom! I'll be in my room."

She placed Goten into his crib and kissed him on the forehead. "Sleep well, my little boy. I will see you in the morning."

She walked into Gohan's room, to find him sitting on his bed, looking at something. "What do you got there, Gohan."

"Oh nothing, just a picture." He placed the photo back on his dresser. It was one with the whole family, when he was only about 5. His father was holding him with that famous Son smile on his face.

"We all miss him, ok Gohan. He wanted it to be this way. Ok, you can't hang on to things in the past; you have the present to worry about. Think of your little brother, he needs you."

"Yeah, I know mom, but it hurts so much. You know, it just feels like it was all my fault. I could have... and should have..." Tears began streaming down his face.

"Shh, it is no one's fault, you hear me Gohan. It isn't your fault. You know how proud your father was of you. Now, you have to protect your little brother, ok? He needs you to teach him things, ok?"

"Ok mom," he said wiping away the tears. "You don't have to worry, I'll take good care of him."

"That's my Gohan." She made sure he was situated under his covers and then kissed his forehead.

"I love you mom."

"I love you to, Gohan."

Gohan's dreams weren't very pleasant that night. He was reliving the fight all over again. That monster that killed all those people, reeking havoc all over again. He remembered the Cell games, all the fights. His turn, but he got too cocky. He remembered the look on his father's face when he transported in front of Cell, and then was gone. He remembered everyone's screams, he remembered...

Suddenly he bolted up in bed. He had heard a scream, and it was coming from his house. He sleepily tried to think, tried to react. Suddenly the thought came to him, "Mom!" He ran into her room, but wasn't ready for what he was about to see...

Gohan stared in shock at his mother's body on the floor. He couldn't find the words, or even the emotions to describe how he felt. Her skin was now cold and off color, her hair covered in blood and sweat. He gathered all of his courage and knelt down beside her. Her eyes were now dull and distant, the remnants of tears still on her face. Blood was everywhere he stepped, and he finally located the source. From where he was kneeling, he could see the hole through her chest. His worst nightmare had now come true; his once glowing mother was now nothing more than a body lying on the floor.

His emotions finally could not be held in any longer. Tears fell down his cheeks as his hair started turning upwards. A power, worse than the one unleashed on Cell, was coming forth. A golden aurora surrounded him, as a distant roaring filled the room. Gohan screamed in rage and sadness as he let everything he had ever bottled inside, out. The golden light filled the room, and the entire house for that matter. Anyone close by would have thought an explosion was going on inside the house.

Gohan's transformation had finished, and he fell to the ground again. His tears ran faster down his cheeks. "Mommy, I am so sorry. This is all my fault; I should have noticed whatever hurt you in the house. I should have reacted to the scream faster, mother, I am sorry! I need you, why did you have to leave me!" He placed his head onto his mother's chest and continued crying. He would have lied there all night if it wasn't for the tiny cry he heard from down the hall. "Goten!"

He rushed into his brother's room to find something big standing over the crib. "I don't know who you are, but get away from my bother!" His voice was cold and sharp, unlike his normal tone. His anger had taken control and nothing was going to turn him back.

"Ah, so you see the magnificent work I did on your mother? Well, I was looking for you next, but I decided to make you suffer. I will let you watch me destroy your brother and then we can get to the fun."

Gohan shook with rage as he looked into the eyes of his mother's murderer. "You will pay for what you did. I can never forgive you. I may be like my father, but I have no compassion for you. You will not live to see another day."

"Ha! This talk coming from a preteen. Do you think that I am a pushover? I may not be as strong as Cell, but I can kill you."

"Do you know what happened to Cell? Do you know who destroyed him? I did, and that was a year ago... I may not have trained, but my powers have grown. How do you know about Cell?"

"Let's say that I am like a brother to him. We may have not been created from the same mold, but we are brothers. I am more closely related to the androids."

"Androids?"

"Ah, yes, I was not a successful model, or at least Dr. Gero didn't think so. I was placed in with Cell, to make sure no one came to destroy him. My life was a waste, until Cell came. I let him to go destroy others, while I waited for him. He told me that when he had finished the inhabitants of Earth, he would get me. I waited a while, and finally got tired of waiting. I came out of the lab to find Cell had been destroyed, and I came for my target, Goku. When I found that Goku was gone also, I went for the next best thing, his family..." The android's mouth twisted into a wicked smile.

Gohan stared at him. It reminded Gohan of android 16 in looks. He was a big guy with spiky navy hair. His clothes were of the type the other androids wore, and he had the same look in his eyes. All that shown through was pure evil. Gohan couldn't believe that one was so heartless to kill like he had. His mother couldn't have been any threat to him, although he knew Chi Chi would try anything to save her boys. "Why? Why did you do that to my mother?!" He screamed. "She didn't do anything to you?"

"That bitch, she did do something. When she heard of my plans, she put up a fight. She gave me a bloody lip, so I killed her."

Gohan couldn't take it anymore. He was about to power up a blast, when the android placed his index finger towards Goten's crib. Gohan's mind was racing through all the events of the night. "Mom, dead... Goten..." The blast had hit, and when the smoke cleared, the android began laughing.

"Ha! You weak human! Losing your life to save that of your brother. You would have been quite a fighter, but your heart would be your weakness."

Gohan placed his hand to where the blast hit. A tiny hole was now straight through his chest. Blood was spurting from the wound, staining his clothes red. He fell to his knees, but got back up. " You are wrong... A heart is the strongest power ever. I had to protect him. " His hands began turning a familiar blue, and Gohan let all of his energy gather into the blast. "Kameee... Hameeee... Ha!"

The blue energy surrounded the android, when it cleared all that was left was a single chip. Gohan immeditaly crushed in and collapsed. Blood was staining the carpet. The baby began crying, feeling that something wasn't right.

"I must, comfort...Goten," he winced. He used the last remaining bit of his energy and stood. He leaned against the crib and began talking. "Goten, I'm sorry... I wasn't able to protect mom. I wasn't able to live for you... Please, forgive me. Little guy, you need to fight, ok? You must live your life happy, and have fun. Always stop to wonder at the little things. Do everything to the fullest, no matter what. OK squirt?" His breaths were becoming more painful. "No matter what live through this, and make something of yourself, I know you can... I love you lil guy..."

He collapsed to the ground breathing his last. Goten began screaming, knowing that something was truly wrong. Far off, though, someone else knew something was wrong.

"Gohan!"