Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Nossoreg's Revenge ❯ Chapter 19

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Nineteen

"Do you really think they could handle another round so soon?" Nossoreg asked Vegeta, checking his video monitors. "They don't look rested enough to me."

"Check their transmitters," Vegeta told them. "They should tell you that their power levels are normal already.

Nossoreg went over to his computer terminal and punched up the transmitter's physical readout.

"You're right! They are back to normal! That's incredible!" he exclaimed. "We could have activated a dozen clones by now instead of just a few!"

"All we Saiyans really need is food and a little rest to fully recharge," Vegeta explained. "Right, Trunks?"

"That's right, Dad," Trunks replied with a nod from behind Nossoreg.

"So you think they are acting weak to delay activating the clones?" Nossoreg asked.

Vegeta nodded. "I don't believe they are really on our side. They are just waiting for an opportunity to attack. They may look simple minded, but don't underestimate them. I've had to deal with their sneaky tricks before."

"Good work, Vegeta. You are proving to be most valuable. Maybe it's time for a new plan," Nossoreg said as he paced back and forth before the computer. "I can't trust them, but I need their power. I'll have to contain them in the chamber, somehow, between clone activations."

"Why don't you just keep their energy low by draining it continuously?" Trunks suggested. "I think I could program the computer to be able to keep their power level down to a minimal level; just high enough to keep them alive. But it might take longer to activate the clones."

"Excellent idea, Trunks!" Nossoreg praised. "But I have another plan. I believe we'll use their energy to power up the ship first. We can always make more clones on the way."

"What ship?" Vegeta asked, his brows furrowed. "And where are we going?"

"I believe we will head to New Namek first," Nossoreg answered and walked toward the door. "We can't risk anyone getting their dragonballs either. Then we will go to the planet Gorgen. They have some weaponry that I think you will find quite fascinating."

Vegeta gave Nossoreg a satisfied smile before he left the room, then looked over at Trunks, who gave a slight nod. Everything was working out just right.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you, we don't have enough energy yet," Goku protested. The Vegeta clone did not respond as they made their way to the laboratory. The Saiyans drug their feet and slumped their shoulders to make themselves look exhausted.

"Ah, here they are," Nossoreg said. "Please, come in. I know how tired you must be, but this will just take a couple of minutes. We have made a few modifications to the energy chamber and I would like to get your opinion on them."

Goku and Gohan froze just inside the doorway. Trunks stood behind the control panel with his arms crossed, glaring down at them. Vegeta and his clone closed in behind them, cutting off any escape.

"What's going on?" Gohan asked, suspiciously looking from father to son. Neither gave him any encouragement.

"Come over and see what we've been working so hard on," Nossoreg said, gesturing happily to the chambers.

They walked over to see the new chambers. They were still circular and transparent, but now there were chairs inside to sit on, the energy draining panels built right into the arm rests.

"Don't they look great?" Nossoreg asked. "Vegeta convinced me that seats would not only be more comfortable, but more efficient as well. Go ahead, try it out. I want to see if we got it right."

The two men cautiously entered the chambers and sat down. Nossoreg explained the new location of the panels and asked them to check their placement. As soon as their hands touched the panels, thick metal bands snapped tight around their wrists and ankles.

"What. . .?!" Goku exclaimed and tried to pull free. The strong bands held fast.

"You can thank Trunks for that little addition," Nossoreg said in a deadly serious voice, all the previous levity gone. "He has also made some impressive modifications to the draining process as well. You may as well settle back and get comfortable. You're going to be there for quite a long time."

Nossoreg went to join Trunks at the controls and Vegeta stepped forward. He smiled broadly at the situation his fellow Saiyans were in. He leaned forward over Goku, who looked questioningly back at him.

"Nossoreg knows about your plans for betraying him," Vegeta informed him. "He knows you were just pretending to be weak until you got your chance to attack. And what makes this so funny is. . .I told him!"

"You traitor!" Gohan yelled. They both pulled against their restraints to try to reach him. Vegeta just laughed and stepped back to watch their futile attempts.

"How could you do this to us?" Goku asked. "We have offered you our friendship for all these years!"

"And Nossoreg offered me power," Vegeta responded, his hands clenched into tight fists. "It wasn't a very difficult decision to make. You couldn't possibly understand how bored I have been on this miserable planet! I was trained as an infant to be an ultimate power of destruction! I was the most feared being in the universe since I was a mere child. . .and look at me now! I have wasted too many years playing second fiddle to you, Kakarot! No more! I claim the title that is rightfully mine! I am now King of Saiyans, and I will rule this universe!"

Vegeta laughed as Trunks threw the switch that began draining them of their energy. They fought it at first, trying to remove their hands from the panels, but the computer only drew harder on their power.

"Don't resist, Gohan," Goku called over to his son. "It only makes it worse."

The two captives tried to relax as their energy drained down so far they had to struggle to even hold their own heads up. Goku still managed to glare at Vegeta, who stood before them, arms crossed, with an evil grin on his face.

"You will pay for this," he vowed.

"Oh, I don't think so," Vegeta answered and reached out to grab Goku's chin. He leaned forward until their noses were inches apart. "We are going to keep your energy so low that even a fly could knock you down. Then, when we don't need you anymore, I will take great pleasure in destroying you."

Goku didn't even have enough energy left to argue. Vegeta released his chin and laughed as he patted Goku on the cheek. The drained Saiyans let their heads fall back against the chairs and their eyes slipped shut. They didn't even feel pain anymore.

"Well done, Trunks," Nossoreg said as he checked their energy levels on the computer readout. "The ship will be powered up shortly, then you can transfer the energy over to the clones."

"I will have to take a few systems off line during the transfer," Trunks said. "But it should only take a minute or two."

"That will be fine. Let me know when you are ready for the transfer. I'll be in the control room," he added and left.

"Well, Kakarot, I will be leaving, too," Vegeta said and then turned to Trunks. "I'll send my clone back in just in case there are any complications during the transfer."

"I don't foresee any," Trunks said. "Without food, these two won't be any threat. They will be as weak as newborn kittens even when the computer shuts down."

Goku forced his eyes open just in time to see Vegeta and his clone walk through the door. He looked over at Trunks, who busied himself at the control panels. He wished he had enough energy left to try and contact them telepathically, but his brain felt fuzzy and numb. He looked over at Gohan and was relieved to see he had fallen asleep. It was probably best that way, he thought. His eyes closed once again.