Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pain and Acceptance ❯ Pain and the acceptance of... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Pain and Acceptance

Drabble #1
By: Kichi

DISCLAIMER: Dragonball Z belongs to Akira Toriyama. I'm writing this because I love Vegeta, I'm not making any money for writing this.
A/N: Slightly A/U and Rated R.

another AN: Ok I started over.
My first attempt at a drabble left me hanging and I kept having all these other sweet ideas so…


Pain

She was home. It was a miracle! From the center of a whirlwind to sweet, peaceful Earth. Gohan stared around him in shock and a little bit of distance away she saw Piccolo and all the other Namekians.
But was that it? Where was Goku? And Krillin? And who the hell was that? She wondered as she saw someone stagger and fall over beneath a cluster of trees. Whoever it was, it looked like they needed medical attention. Ignoring the others she headed over to the tiny grove of cherry trees and saw the last person she thought she'd see.
It was the last Saiyan Prince, looking as though he'd been dragged through the dust. His breath was coming fast and deep as he stared at his hands. He didn't move or try to rise as Bulma drew near and she heard him faintly sigh. She saw that his armor was nearly destroyed and wondered what had happened to him on Namek. He suddenly lurched to his feet and stepped past her, and began to stagger away from the group.
She followed him after several moments of indecision. No one was watching, and they probably wouldn't care anyway. She caught up with him as he stumbled and nearly fell. She caught his elbow and he froze. She released him as his empty gaze fell on her and his knees buckled. He landed without a sound and shook his head before climbing to his feet again. It was as he knelt there that she had seen a horrible bruise nearly covering his lower back. She shook off her fear. He was in shock, it was her only conclusion after seeing that horrible wound. As she drew closer she noticed that it was bleeding and a deep purple color, blue along the edges. Her throat was suddenly dry as she called his name, but he heard her and stopped, turning to regard her with a furrowed brow.
"You are that girl from before. Why are you following me?" he said as rubbed his face and tried to stifle a yawn.
"Your hurt." She said softly. His eyes widened for a brief second in alarm and then that all too familiar scowl was on his face.
"So what are you going to do about it?" he hissed, and she almost took a step back as fear gripped her, but again she forced it away.
"I can help." She said, her voice delicate and soothing. But Vegeta seemed even more confused and startled.
"What?" he snapped.
"Your back, you have a huge bruise, and it's bleeding."
"So what?" he growled, Bulma recoiled in fear as that threatening rumble left his lips. It took her a moment to calm herself and realize what he'd said. She frowned uncertainly.
"Doesn't it hurt?" she asked. He snorted in disgust.
"No!" She eyed him critically and saw his eyes narrow in anger.
"It would hurt me." She said, her voice still low in his ears. "And your tired." His scowl deepened. He was able to hide his discomfort from her, but not his exhaustion.
He had been up for days straight on Namek and when he'd finally taken the chance to get some much needed rest he had only gotten maybe an hour of sleep when he'd woken to find the Earth brats missing and the dragon balls with them! But then again he had died for maybe a few minutes or hours he couldn't tell but not long at all. He had stood in a line waiting and then a short blue guy with a horn sticking out of his skull hand told him to get lost. He had been about to give a blistering retort when dirt had suddenly filled his mouth and he choked violently and began to claw his way out of his grave.
An hour hadn't even passed since then.
"I'm fine." He ground out at last. He was in truth, barely able to keep himself upright. His energy was gone. He had used every ounce fighting his former Lord and Master. His resurrection had healed all life threatening wounds just enough so that his internal organs and structure was intact, but he was still damaged and in pain.
"Look, I know your tough. But you look worn out and I don't care what you say, that thing has to hurt. Just come with me, and quit making such a big deal out of it." She said, her voice just shy of teasing, while she hoped he would not fly off the handle.
"I am not!" he said, as if offended. She hid her smile. "I can't-" he said breathlessly. She watched in morbid fascination as his skin bleached of all color, his eyes rolled up in his head, and he slumped to his knees before his face hit the ground.
"Holy shit." Bulma gasped before kneeling at his side and checking his pulse. It was beating too fast and she called Gohan's name as loud as she could.

He didn't open his eyes again for three days. Bulma had taken him and Gohan and all the Namekians to Capsule Corp. and forced Piccolo to carry him to the medical wing of CC.
Gohan had reluctantly filled her in on the reason for his current state after much badgering on Bulma's part.
"That has to change someone. Doesn't it Piccolo?" Bulma said sadly as she stared at the unconscious Saiyan Prince. Piccolo coughed and looked almost embarrassed when her blue eyes pinned him. His cheeks stained a purplish hue and he gave a quick nod before leaving the room with Gohan at his heels. "Obviously for the better." She said with a smile. She stared at Vegeta as he slept for a few moments longer and left to go get something to eat.


The end!

Ok I ended up with only 966 words! Is that ok?

Back
Home geovisit();