Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Paint it Black ❯ Black ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Vegeta and Goku are NOT mine

<o0@0o>

Vegeta hummed to himself in tune with the music playing VERY loudly, from two floors above him where his daughter and sons, Artemis, Indira and Aerdin were practicing a new song for a gig.

He'd heard the song a million times before, it was one of Indira's favorites, the young teen loved the drum playing in it. And being the drummer himself in the band he was in with his brother and sister, the boy often listened to it for inspiration.

Vegeta didn't mind the song all that much, but although his sorrow had eased over the years with his new mate, then the song still made him think of his first real mate, Kakarott.

I see a red door and I want it painted black
no colors anymore, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

He'd been devastated when Kakarott had died, it had felt like there could never be colour or happiness in his life ever again. He'd felt out of place and couldn't stand to look at those people who still had joy and love to live for.

I see a line of cars and they are painted black
with flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
like a new born baby it just happens every day

The day of the funeral had been the worst. Everything dark and black and dreary. The world had seemed to be molding itself to express Vegeta's mood. People had been awkward around him as though he was a fragile item that might break at a word said too loud or a glance in his direction for too long. The black cars carrying his coffin to the cemetery had first made him realize that he was never going to see his beloved Kakarott again.

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it's heading into black
maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

For days on end Vegeta had simply sat by himself in the cold and the dark, wishing to fade away. He was having difficulty facing facts and all he'd wanted to do for a long time was disappear. He could of sworn that his heart was returning to the state of black and coldness that it had been in when he had first come to earth.

I wanna see it painted painted, painted black, oh baby
I wanna see it painted painted, painted black, oh baby

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
my love will laugh with me before the morning comes

Vegeta had never thought that Goku would die like that. Goku was one to be killed whilst protecting those he loved, not just to die. Vegeta had wanted him to die in battle if he'd have to die. Die in the rush and excitement of a fight. That's how it was supposed to be. He'd sometimes thought he could hear Kakarott talking to him, laughing with him, comforting and protecting him. It had seemed so real when he'd been by himself with nothing but the dyeing sun for company. But when the morning had come he'd often wondered if it had been a dream.

I wanna see it painted, painted black, oh
black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted from the sky
painted, painted, painted black oh baby
painted painted, painted black

Blackness had been his life for a long time. Depressed and distraught, his blackness had been forced upon others and he'd been glad about it. Colour had not been allowed within his world. The day had been a curse where the night had been his sanctuary.

His world had been black.

The song ended and a faint knock on the door brought Vegeta back to reality.

"Vegeta?" The door opened and his mate smiled in at him. His beloved Aru came in quietly and closed the door behind him. Sitting down on the the sofa he leant back against Vegeta's chest. "What'cha doin'?" The young looking God asked him gently.

Vegeta wrapped his arms around his mate's waist.

"Nothing koi. I'm just remembering."

"Remember this." Aru answered leaning up to capture his lips.

There can be no more black anymore.

<o0@0o>

Aru: Wow! Thankies! You put me in a fic

VegetandAru: you're welcome my sweet little Aru san

Aru: don't call me that, on pain of death

VegetandAru: Oh, but you are sweet. especially when you kiss someone

Aru: which I see you put in in this songfic. Yay! Vegeta's lips

VegetandAru: you're weird

Aru: Yeah but you love me! Vegeta and me are your favorite couple too aren't we

VegetandAru: hmm. I'm not too sure about that. if you're going to start being all cocky about it, i'll take you out of the fic

Aru: right, sorry! r&r everyone