Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pan: Infinity ❯ New Power ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Pan is in a clearing exactly one year since Goku had left with Shenlong. For the first couple of months, she had excepted that he had to go. But then she started to feel sad when she saw Goten or her dad. Suddenly, she burst into training and tried to stay away from the two on her odd days. Since then, she had been training in the same spot everyday.

"I know you had to leave-- But I feel so horrible without you here. Nothing is complete anymore."

Her hands balled up and a tear escaped her eye.

“No. I mustn't cry. No proud saiyajin cries."

Vegeta was roaming around in the forest below her. He had always wondered where the brat had gone during large gatherings that the woman held. He came across someone in the air; then noticing who it was.

“What is the brat doing?"

She clears the tears from her eyes and starts punching the air. Her saiyajin hearing then hears something in the forest. She turns her head to look, sensing nothing.

Huh, I thought I heard something.’

He hides behind a tree to avoid being caught just yet. Finding her like that was humorous on his part.

“Hn. Let's see what you will do." He powers his ki up to about that of an animal and waits.‘Ugh-- I know there's someone down there now. Probably some stupid animal wanting its death wish to be now.'

She barely powers up ki and shoots it off into the direction of the animal. Instead of animal, she finds it was someone instead of a something. Seeing the somewhat short stature and spiky hair, she knew she was in for it. Even though Goku left, he and Trunks, when he wasn't working, were the ones she sparred with.

“Oh--crap."

She starts to take off when she flew into a wall? Looking up, it was Vegeta with a very pissed look on his face.

“Heheh--- Hey V-Vegeta. What's up?"

She smiles innocently and his gaze became a glare.

"Um-- I really should be going now. Dad might get mad that I'm not studying."

She started to fly off, not before he grabbed onto her collar and put her back in place.

“You don't get to leave that easily."

He puts his arms over his chest; his glare becoming more threatening.

"What have you been doing out here? Seems you've been avoiding a few people."‘Oh great. Does he have some kind of point anyway?'“So. I don't have to explain myself to you. Does it really matter anyway? To answer your question, I've been training by myself."

She turns around and looks at the forest below them, hoping to get out of this conversation safely.

"Would any of this," She looks back at him. Her hair being lightly attacked by the wind, swaying. She narrows her eyes when his arms make it look like he held open arms for a hug.
'Disturbing...'

But he was talking with his arm to explain some point. Then he continued talking when she turned completely around.

"Have to do with Kakorrot?"

Pan faltered and looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. It took her a few minutes to compose herself, but then she started to act strangely. She lifted a fist to her chest and power level went dangerously low even for a full human. Vegeta's eyes were in shock at these actions. Not only was he shocked but he was starting to worry somewhat because the fact that her level was so close to death. Then all of a sudden she shot a ki blast at him.

"I hate him! I don't want to hear his name! I don't want to be like this and I am. I can't control my actions anymore! I can't look at my dad or Uncle Goten because they resemble him so much."

He blocks the blast and gets pushed back some. He stared at her, shocked. He hadn't expected this at all.
Suddenly, her power sky-rocketed and a gold aura surrounded her. Vegeta was dazed and confused somewhat.

“Just-Leave!"

She screams in pain and lets the power seep out. Her veins and nerves and everything felt ablaze. She started to black out from the pain. Soon her hair changes to a bright red and her eyes change into a deep red rage. Her aura also changed into a gray white. Vegeta was almost speechless and he got into a fighting stance.

"You're not a super saiyajin."“That's the understatement of the year.”
----Meanwhile at CC.----

'I wonder where dad went. And I don't see Pan anywhere. I was hoping for a spar.'"Hey Goten," His friend looks at him with a bored face."Yeah, what is it?""How is Pan lately? She seems to be gone a lot now."

Both he and Goten have been bored with the party after about five minutes. With no girls to ogle at or any guys around their age to talk to, it had been very uneventful day.

“I couldn't really say. She hasn't been seen around Gohan's house very much. She's been training somewhere in the forests."
“I wonder. She was just fine a few months ago."
Goten shrugs,
“Let's just leave the party and go search for her."

Suddenly, they felt a massive power surge coming from the east; where Pan usually trained.

“What the? Do you think Vegeta and Pan are sparring?"“I don't think so. I can't sense her ki anywhere. Besides, Dad wouldn't get into a heated fight with her."

Without a thought, the powered up and flew off.
Pan was feeling sick and lightheaded, not knowing what had happened to her. It felt like she was slowly falling asleep with each second. When she touched down, she blacked out. Instead of falling, her body kept straight up and walked forward.

"Nch. -sigh- Can a girl ask for some alone time? I wasn't expecting to ascend so quickly."
With that she used I.T. to Dende’s Lookout.
“Dad!”
He looks over to Trunks.
“Uh- Who were you just talking to now?"

Goten nods and looks over to Vegeta. He had a blank expression on his face.

"Yeah. When we were at the party, we felt a power surge coming from Pan's training area and yours. But compared to that one, It seemed like your's was weaker." He gives him an angry stare and Goten laughs nervously.“I am not weaker. It was that damn brat. Who would have known that the quarter of saiyajin blood would actually spark."‘Quarter saiyajin, the only quarter saiyajin is Pan.’“I-It couldn't be. If she was able to produce that much power, she should have been able to defeat the Shadow Dragons single-handedly."“Goten, who are you talking about.”

Soon, Gohan, Videl and Uub arrive on scene.

“So…, I guess we missed who was just here?”
All were together and waiting for an explanation.
“Great. Now that I've got an audience, I'll be expected to tell you now."
Closing around him, he gets ticked off.
“Excuse me! Would you all give me some room before I suffocate!”
Backing up, the then await.

“Well then, tell us already."“It was your damn brat." He points at Gohan and Videl.
Gohan gives him an incredulous look.

"Pan? Not to be mean or a-anything, but she's weak! She can't even reach super saiyan! How can she even get that high?"
Uub steps forward.

“Where could she have gone to though? Theres one place I know of that hides power like that and that’s at Dende’s Lookout.”
Pan I.T.s to Dende’s Lookout. Right in front of Dende.

“Ahh! Who are you?” Pan's power level decreases and she wakes up barely. She looks at him and speaks.“I’m Pan, Dende.”

She falls to her knees then faints. Her hair goes back to normal.
“Mr. Popo! I’m in need of your assistance.”
Mr. Popo rushes to Dende.
“What is it that you need help with.”
He looks down at the girl.

“Oh my goodness, that's Pan. What should we do?”‘How could she get so strong?’“Lets take her inside to rest.”

Popo nods and takes her inside and puts her on a couch to rest.

“Dende, what should we do?”“I have an idea but I have to ask Piccolo first.”“Piccolo? What are you going to ask him?”

Dende sighs and thinks about her new power and if she’ll be able to control it.

“I’m going to ask him to train her.”“But Dende, he’s in HFIL. Would we transport her there? Your not going to suggest that he come here are you?”
Dende walks off and goes to consult Piccolo, who has no idea what happened.