Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Peaches & Creme ❯ I Love You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Peaches & Creme
Collaboration by: Artist-Chick31 and Sakura02

º º º

"Marron, what d'you say we go and get some coffee?"

The young girl nodded; she was glad to be on a date with her boyfriend. The best part of it was, the two of them were getting ready to celebrate their three-year anniversary this weekend, and he had promised that they would do something special.

"Hey babe, do you think we can go somewhere close by? My feet are killing me!"

Her boyfriend smiled. "Sure thing. We'll take the car, c'mon." With his big muscular arms, he gathered her up and carreid her the few yards it was to his parked car. He gently set her down and opened the passenger door to let her in.

"Thanks, sweetie," Marron said.

It felt nice to be riding in a car, rather than flying high in the sky-- she found it more romantic this way. Her boyfriend, being a half-Saiyan, didn't much like doing things the "normal way". But seeing as he was a ladies man, he still found ways to make her happy.

After about fifteen minutes (which is close when riding in a car), the happy couple reached their destination: Starbucks. Marron was out of her seat and already at the door before her boyfriend even had time to turn off the ignition.

"Well, aren't you in a hurry?" he asked, once they were inside and waiting in line.

"Sorry, I just really like coffee.... And you," she added, smiling.

She turned back around to face the cashier. For a second, she stood there, mesmerized by the dark-haired man standing on the other end of the counter. He looked like Goten: his dark, spiky hair, those big, round eyes....

"...take your order?"

Marron blinked, brought back from her reverie. "Ah, sorry. I'll take a...."

"You were really into that guy, weren't you?" her boyfriend said, a little jealously.

They had ordered their drinks and had picked a small, round table by the window to sit at. Marron loved looking at different kinds of scenery, so they had picked this table, so she could get good views of the city.

"Trunks, don't say that! I have eyes for no one but you. I was just thinking about how much he looked like Goten," Marron said, reaching across the table and brushing long, purple hair, away from those magnificently blue eyes.

"I know, I was just teasing," Trunks said, pulling her hand away from his hair, an kissing it gently. "Hey, I have a surprise for you."

Trunks reached into his back jeans pocket and pulled out his wallet. He then pulled out two air travel tickets, with a destination of Honolulu, Hawaii on O'ahu.

"What do you say? Go with me?"

Marron had her hands clamped over her mouth. She knew Trunks was rich, but to take her on a trip half-way across the world was something she hadn't expected in the slightest. She was crying again; the stinging in the corners of her eyes were the sure sign.

"How did you get those?" she asked, her voice shaky.

Trunks made a face. "Hello, president of C.C., here! Getting vacation tickets like these are a cakewalk."

Several nearby people stopped and stared. It wasn't every day that you got to see the head of Capsule Corporation having coffee with his girlfriend like common people.

"Oh, right," Marron whispered.

"So, will you go with me for our anniversary?"

Marron nodded. "Of course."

"Great! Now, here's the second part of my surprise."

He reached inside Marron's shopping bag (they had gone shopping before getting coffee), and pulled out a small, red box.

"Where did you...?" Marron asked.

"I bought it when you weren't looking and slipped into your bag. Now, give me your hand."

Instinctively, Marron held out her left hand. She didn't realize until Trunks had slipped the small ring on her ring finger.

"I love you, Marron."

The tears were flowing now, but she didn't care. Trunks, her boyfriend of three years, this weekend, was proposing to her. When she was little, she hadn't pictured it to be this way, or to even be with this man, but she was glad it was.

"I love you too, Trunks."

º º º