Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pyrrhic ❯ Teaser for Pyrrhic ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A preview of an A/U that will begin on Namek and end even I don't know where! Exciting, huh? It's called Pyrrhic. A teaser. You'll find out just what that word means after this… lol

The last of the reports had been taken care of and the courtiers left the audience chambers of the Emperor gladly, none wanting to spend a moment more in the cold than necessary. Some speculated that space would be warmer than the aura around the Emperor.

The Emperor disdainful watched as the little insects skittered out of his presence. All of them were worthless; none were fit to bask in his immortal glow. He only kept them around because they kept him from having to deal with more insects than he already did deal with. He just wished some of the insects would do something without having to be told. Then again, if they did it wrong, he'd have to exterminate them.

He frowned as, after the last insect had skittered out, another entered with that blue-haired human striding purposefully behind him. He glared at the insect, ignoring the other. "What?"

The insect gulped, "My Lord Emperor, may your light shine forever more. May your brilliance-"

"Shut up and get to the point, insect."

Bulma's eyebrows lowered as the pink-colored alien started to sweat and stutter, "My Lord, the human. She causes trouble."

Vegeta looked unimpressed, "And? What trouble did this little human cause?"

Bulma's back stiffened, "They won't give me-"

Vegeta's voice remained deathly calm, "Was I speaking to you, human? Please, correct me if I'm wrong."

Bulma gulped back her hot words; face flushed, a tinge of fear in her eyes, as she shook her head.

"That's good. You were saying, insect?"

The alien was nervous all over again as the Emperor's attention went back to him, "Yes, my Lord. She demands access to tools that have been restricted by your Lord's orders."

Vegeta nodded sagely, "I see. And you came to me because?"

The alien gulped again, seeing himself as the Emperor saw him. A bug that was close to being squashed, "You also instructed that if her actions were contrary to your orders we were to report it."

Vegeta rose from his throne and approached the quacking alien. He stopped in front of the insect and let the man simmer under his gaze before putting a hand lightly on his shoulder. The alien flinched violently back, eyes wide.

Vegeta gave him a small smile with no mirth in it, "Good. Now go."

The insect left as gladly as those before him, leaving the human behind without a twinge of guilt. Bulma's rage had still not diminished. She was the heiress of Capsule Corporation, best friend to one of the strongest beings in the-

As Vegeta's cold, hard gaze turned fully onto her, she cringed and cursed herself inwardly for showing him he unnerved her so.

Vegeta showed no emotion as he turned and took his seat again on his throne, "So, you want Earth to perish that much, human?"

Bulma's eyes widened and her anger resurfaced, "What? You're not even going to ask me what happened? Just take the word of some-"

Vegeta's upraised hand stuck the words in her throat. His presence was that commanding. "Did you not demand for tools that were forbidden you?"

Bulma shook her hand, "I didn't demand. Not at first. I asked. Tried to explain why I needed them. But you've got everybody so afraid of you they won't even think anything contradictory to what you say."

Vegeta nodded, "As it should be. My word is not to be questioned. Are you questioning it, human?"

Bulma thought for a moment, actually able to look him right in the eye, "Yes. I guess I am."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed, "Commendable, that foolhardiness. Fatal for your friends, but commendable."

Bulma trembled with rage she decided not to repress anymore, "That's it! I'm sick of being pushed around as if I was some worthless plaything that you wind up for your amusement! You wanted me to do a job and I can't do it with the worthless junk you've given me. I need top-grade equipment to make top-grade materials! I don't do shoddy! But if you'd like your ship to fall apart in the middle of a battle because I was given a low-grade welder to meld the hull of your ship, go ahead! But you are not hanging the life of my whole planet over my head like an axe! Especially when I'm trying to do you a favor!" She put her nose in the air and gave him a mock bow, "Excuse me, my Lord, I need to go use your junk to fix your ship."

She turned around only to find Vegeta in front of her, eyes glittered with rage that he in no way tried to hide, "Human, you walk a thin line between your own death and the death's of all you hold dear!" He visibly calmed himself.

Bulma marveled at his control as his cold mask slid back over his features. He gave her a chilling smile, "You're the genius. Make the equipment better."

Bulma sighed with aggravation, "It would take forbidden equipment to make the equipment better. A paradox, if you will."

Vegeta stared at her for a long moment and Bulma shuddered, frozen to the bone. "There would be a price for the better equipment."

Bulma was silent as she mulled over what exactly he would want from her. She couldn't think of anything. "Okay-"

Vegeta looked pleased, "You will eat dinner with me, every night."

Bulma's jaw dropped and Vegeta looked even more pleased. She gained her composure again, "What? Why?"

Vegeta looked bored, "You will give me a detailed report of your progress and give me any suggestions that will aid me or my empire."

Bulma's eyes narrowed, "I'll agree if you promise not to hurt my friends or destroy planet Earth."

Vegeta scoffed, "I'll do no such thing, human! I'm being generous enough as it is. The contract stays. It keeps you loyal." He gave her a piercing stare and she almost squeaked. He knew of her plans? No. He just suspected she had one.

She looked away, "I agree."

"Good." Vegeta moved out of her way, "I will see you tonight, human. 0800 hours."

She nodded and walked out of the room, knowing the new instructions would be relayed before she even got back to the ship's lab. She wondered how she was going to survive dinner every night for the rest of her life with that monster. Hopefully, if all went well, she wouldn't have to survive long.

Yes, review and tell me what you think. Go ahead? Or throw away?