Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Princess ❯ Disgrace ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 5
 
The first few weeks of Veronica suspension weren't so bad, but by the end of the first month she was going mad with being confined to her house with only her family for company. Plus she hadn't practiced with her band since her suspension and was greatly missing their sessions. She still spoke with her friends and band mates on line, and they understood that her absence couldn't be helped, but she felt like she was letting them down.
 
Veronica wanted two things in her life; to match her father's fighting skills and to be a professional musician/singer in a rock band. She practiced both arts diligently and determinedly while on her hiatus/suspension from school, but silently yearned for human contact.
 
As she sat at her desk musing she received an IM from her fellow band member, Ethan.
 
`Yo Ronnie! We totally just got a gig for Saturday night!'
 
`Really? Where?'
 
`The annual Rock Out Rave.'
 
`NO WAY! WICKED!'
 
`So you down? We really need you on vocals for this!'
 
`But dude, I'm grounded, remember?'
 
`Yeah, so?'
 
`So….what?'
 
`Sneak out.'
 
`I don't know Ethan, I'm almost positive I would get caught.' Veronica spoke true, it was highly unlikely that her father wouldn't find her ki signature if she snuck out, hell he could probably smell her out with his saiyan senses.
 
`Ah come on Ronnie! Without you we won't be able to pull this off! And this is our first real gig! We need the publicity!'
 
Veronica thought for a moment there was no way she was going to let the band down.
 
`Don't worry Ethan, I'll figure something out.'
 
The next morning Veronica walked in the kitchen for breakfast with the family. She sat down at the counter next to Bra and Vegeta while Bulma and Trunks were situated around the other sides. “Mom, dad, I have a favor to ask?” Veronica asked.
 
“What is it dear?” Bulma said.
 
“Could I pleaseeeee please pleaseeeee not be grounded this weekend?” She begged.
 
Vegeta shook his head. “No Veronica, your grounding is a punishment you don't get breaks.”
 
“Oh but dad, my band is playing this weekend and they really need me. I just can't let them down!”
 
“Wait…a band?” Vegeta questioned curiously. He knew his daughter loved music, he could often hear noise coming from her room at all hours of the day he did not remember her being in a band. Trunks too had a look of confusion on his face.
 
Veronica shifted uneasily not sure how excited her father would be to hear about her being in a band. “Well, yeah, me and some of my friends have a band called the Odd Teens Out.”
 
Bra nodded eager to chime in on her sister's behalf. “Uh hmm. They're pretty good too. They can play like all the genres!”
 
“Really?” Bulma asked curiously. “What do you play dear?”
 
“I sing, and sometimes play drums.”
 
“You sing? No wonder your band isn't very popular.” Trunks chimed in.
 
Veronica growled and grasped her orange juice glass preparing to throw it at him. “VERONICA! No throwing of dishes of any kind in this house!” Bulma's mom reflex was faster then Veronica's throwing reflex. Veronica released her glass and sat back in her chair before looking at her mother pleading once more.
 
“So….”
 
“No, I'm sorry Veronica, you are grounded and that means no band shows either. You're friends will just have to get alone without you.” Bulma said.
 
“But mom,”
 
“No buts. That is the end of it.”
 
“But they need me! They'll lose the gig!”
 
“There will be other gigs, Veronica, and besides you need to learn a lesson.” Bulma continued her mom knows best speech, but Veronica became angry.
 
“Mom! You don't understand this is something extremely important to me, I want to do this for a living some day!”
 
“What?!” Bulma asked rather astonished at her daughter's confession.
 
Veronica didn't answer she only growled and stormed out of the room. Trunks shook his head. “What a brat.”
 
Veronica stormed off to her room, somehow she knew that was going to happen. Her parents just didn't understand her. `I hate to do this to you guys, but its time to take matters into my own hands.'
 
Soon Saturday rolled around and since Veronica had not made a big fuss in the last few days about not being allowed to go out the issue was almost completely forgotten by her parents. Saturday afternoon she packed a duffle with her clubbing outfit and drum sticks in it and walked out into the hall. She saw her mother at the bottom of the staircase and yelled from the top. “Hey mom!”
“Yes dear?” Bulma answered back.
 
“Don't expect me for dinner I'm camping out in the menagerie tonight!”
 
Bulma smiled and chuckled. “Veronica you haven't camped out there in years.”
 
Veronica forced a grin. “Well you know me, always a kid at heart.” Bulma chuckled and walked away and Veronica heaved a sigh of relief as she scurried off to the menagerie where she set up a dummied up sleeping bag behind a stand of trees near the back. She opened one of the windows to sneak out of. Before she left she turned to her curious pets who had watched her entire scheme thus far. She grabbed her favorite tiger's face and scratched his chin affectionately. “Can you guys cover me?” She asked.
 
The animals seemed to understand their master and in some form or other nodded. She smiled at them and bid them farewell and good luck.
 
She promptly jumped down and to avoid detection suppressed her ki and booked it to her band mate Eva's house. It was a pretty long walk across, but for a saiyan it was nothing. Eva opened the door and a look of surprise flashed across her face before being replaced with a smile and a sigh of relief. “You made it!?” She said.
 
“Nothing was going to stop me from missing this gig.” Veronica replied.
 
“Great! Let's get rockin then!” Eva said as she led Veronica inside and up the stairs where they would be getting ready for the first big step in their musical lives. An hour later the doorbell rang and Eva's mother answered the door. Ebony was standing there with Ethan and Shawn sitting in the truck with the motor running with all their instruments safely stowed in the back.
 
“Hello Ebony dear, one second they should be down. GIRLS!” Eva's mother yelled up the stairs. Eva and Veronica charged down the stairs fully done up and grins on their faces.
 
“Later mom!” Veronica said kissing her mom on the cheek as they bolted out the door.
 
“Have fun guys! Be safe! You'll be great!” Eva's mother called out to them as they jumped in Ethan's truck and took off.
 
“Wow, your mom sure seems cool letting a fugitive from the folks hide at your house till the show.” Shawn commented.
 
“That's because she doesn't know I'm a fugitive. I try to keep my home life as much a secret from the public as possible, otherwise paparazzi would know where to find me.” Veronica replied.
 
“A little extra publicity couldn't hurt.” Shawn said with a sarcastic grin.
 
Veronica playfully smacked his shoulder. “Very funny drummer boy.”
 
Shawn rubbed his shoulder and gave a small playful frown. They arrived at West City's annual Rock Out Rave at the famous Electric Neon Night Club. The Rock Out Rave was the chance of a lifetime for all small no name bands to hit the big time. It was a local exhibition of all the local diverse bands and many scouts showed up as well as over a thousand ecstatic spectators.
 
The entire gang from school was there to cheer on their friends, the Odd Teens Out.
 
After their warm up the whole band was stoked the atmosphere was well, electric.
 
“Are we ready?” Veronica asked the fidgeting band. There was a hearty yes in response and Veronica grinned. “This is going to be AWESOME!”
 
Meanwhile the atmosphere back at Capsule Corp was about to get electric or maybe nuclear is a better word.
 
Sometime after dinner Vegeta was looking for a sparring partner. “Bulma where are all our children?”
 
Bulma smiled “Trunks is on a date, Bra is with Pan at the mall, and Veronica is in the menagerie.”
 
“Why she is so fond of those disgusting beasts I will never know.” He grumbled heading to the menagerie to find his middle child.
 
When he walked in most of the animals scattered his presence wasn't very calming. He tried to sense Veronica's ki, but found nothing. “Veronica!” He barked in annoyance. He disliked having to search for her. He finally came upon her sleeping bag with her tiger curled up next to it.
 
“Veronica, get up it won't do to sleep in the evening when there is training to be done.” He barked out. The tiger growled at him and Vegeta scowled. “Veronica!” He barked again. “Are you listening to me?” Vegeta pushed the tiger aside like it was nothing and pulled back the sleeping bag flap to find nothing but a bunch of pillows. He snarled and then tried to find her ki on the premises. He came up with nothing. He stood up just in time to feel the breeze from the open window hit him and when he turned his head he could see through the open window into the lit city nearby. He clenched his fists and stalked out of the menagerie and down the hall to Veronica's room. When he didn't find her their either he roared. “VERONICA!”
 
Bulma heard his call and scurried to the bottom of the stairs to look up at her husband. “Vegeta, what is it?”
 
Vegeta stomped down the stairs. “Your daughter has run away.” He growled out in his gravely voice.
 
“What?!” Bulma squealed in disbelief.
 
“She is not on the premises, and I cannot sense her at the moment.” Vegeta replied annoyed with Bulma's high pitched noise.
 
Bulma's face started to turn red and she stomped her foot. “That little BRAT! She must have gone to that band thing! After we explicitly told her not too!”
 
Vegeta growled in agreed annoyance and Bulma promptly stomped off to try and find out where this `gig' of hers was.
 
They wouldn't have to wait that long though.
 
Veronica and the rest of the band took the stage to thunderous applause. Veronica was so ecstatic about singing she forgot to keep a hold on her ki and let her signature flow freely.
 
“Hey everybody out there!” She shouted into the mike.
 
“How do you all feel about some rock and roll!?” There was a shriek of approval and they all grinned.
 
“Ok then! Here we go!” They started up with a rendition of ACDC's “It's a long way to the top.”
 
The crowd loved it. Veronica was notoriously full of energy as a singer and the crowd obviously enjoyed the enthusiasm. Unfortunately by the time they had finished the first song Vegeta had tracked down Veronica's ki signal. He had flown down to the club by himself, Bulma far too upset to be driving. Vegeta's anger was one of a quiet rage, which because Veronica was his daughter he would not allow to get out of hand. He walked into the crowded club and growled he turned his head to the stage where Veronica's ki was coming from and he saw red. There was his daughter dressed in a black corset with a denim jacket on over it and a black mini skirt with fish net leggings on underneath and hooker boots up on stage bowing and thanking the crowd and asking if the crowd wanted to hear another.
 
When Veronica took off her jacket because of the heat in the club Vegeta growled. “It was far too much skin showing on his daughter for his taste. He shoved his way across the massive crowd of people and effortlessly jumped on the stage knocking aside the security guard as if they were nothing. Veronica gasped as her father climbed up on the stage.
 
“Dad!? What are you doing here?!” She demanded her scowl matching his as she covered the microphone with her hand.
 
Vegeta glared down at his daughter. “You should already know the answer to that fool question. Now put your jacket back on we are leaving.” He said evenly but with venom.
 
Veronica almost growled but with held it. “Look, I know I'm in trouble, but can this wait? I'm on stage right now!?” She said waving her hand at the crowd to prove her obvious point.
 
“It doesn't matter. Now do not push me Veronica, you are in deep enough as it is.” He sent a glare at her band mates letting them know they had best stay where they were.
 
Before Veronica could say more in her defense, a group of guys in the crowd piped up with cat calls and insults. “Hey babe, tell your boyfriend to get his ugly ass off the stage!”
 
“Yeah you could do so much better!”
 
Vegeta growled and turned his glare on them. His acidic glare was threat enough and they all shut up before Vegeta forcibly grabbed Veronica's jacket and handed it to her before picking her up over his shoulder and carrying her out. Veronica growled in frustration and roared. “DAD! PUT ME DOWN! THIS IS NOT DIGNIFIED! I'M NOT LEAVING! DAD?!” He did not respond to her kicking and screaming he simply walked down the block and turned the corner into an alley before taking to the skies, Veronica still in her unhappy position.
 
When they landed in the backyard of Capsule Corp Veronica was furious and when Vegeta put her down she threw a punch at him. He caught it easily seeing as how it was thrown in a moment of anger and not very well at that. “Do not ever attack me in anger Veronica.”
 
Veronica snarled. “Why did you do that?! You embarrassed me and ruined my band's chances!”
 
“You embarrassed yourself, dressing in this get up!” He motioned to her outfit.
 
“What's wrong with it?” Veronica asked. “Bra wears stuff like this all the time.”
 
“Bra does not wear it on stage in front of hundreds of filthy lowlife men.”
 
“So? I'm not stupid dad, I wasn't going to go anywhere or do anything with any of those guys!” There was silence between them for a moment.
 
“So what you think I'm capable of that? Being a common whore?!”
 
Vegeta didn't say a thing he just stared down at her hard for a few moments searching her frantic expression. Then he spoke slowly. “You're behavior is not acceptable for one of my line.” Veronica froze as his words rang through her head. She hung her head in shame and Vegeta didn't miss the loss of the spark in her eyes. His words had hurt her deeply. She bit her lip and turned to leave, but before she entered the house she turned back to look at her father with a defeated yet still angry look. She opened her mouth and took a small breath before she spoke.
 
“Well if that's the case….I'm glad we're not of Vegeta-sei, or else you'd probably kill me for such insolence.” With that venomous verbal blow she went inside and trotted to her room head held high holding back tears.
 
Vegeta remained still. His daughter's words had been biting, and the worst part was that they were true. Under different circumstances his relationship with his children would be much different. He most likely wouldn't have Veronica or Bra for that matter.
 
Bulma had seen Veronica's door close and was fully intent on ripping her daughter a new one, but she saw Vegeta was still standing outside through the window and he looked dazed. She walked to the door and opened it to stare out at her husband. Vegeta finally realized her presence and blinked focusing on his worried mate.
“What's wrong?” She asked sincere in her questioning.
 
“Nothing.” He said trying to assure her as he took her offered hands. Bulma after years of learning to read Vegeta knew better.
 
“I'll talk to her.” Bulma said leaning up to kiss her Prince on the cheek.
 
Bulma went up to Veronica's room and knocked. “Go away!” Was the barked reply she got.
 
Bulma paid no heed to the command and entered her daughter's room set on letting her know she had earned herself another month of grounding.
 
“Veronica, you have no idea how much trouble you're in.” Bulma said as she entered the room to find her daughter lying on the bed curled up in a ball with a dry streak of tears on her cheek.
 
“No I think I do.” Veronica replied no emotion in her voice.
 
“Oh you do, do you? Well then tell ME how much trouble are you in and I'll tell you whether you're right or not.” Bulma snapped her anger still clearly evident.
 
“Enough trouble that I've been disowned by my father and misjudged by my mother you tell me how that sounds?” Veronica threw back caustically. If Bulma had been any kind of fighter she would have noticed that Veronica's ire was causing her ki to rise, but she wasn't a fighter of that sort.
 
Bulma heaved a large sigh. “Veronica I haven't misjudged you, you've just deliberately disobeyed me and that is upsetting.”
 
“Why?! Because YOU'RE always in CONTROL! News flash MOM! I'm 17! I'm a grown saiyan woman! And there is no way you can CONTROL ME ANYMORE!” With every word she emphasized her ki energy surged off of her in waves that were now tangible enough to be felt by Bulma it was an oppressive force pushing her towards the door.
 
Vegeta has still been outside till he'd felt his daughter's ki spike. He sensed the danger and rushed to his daughter's room. He pushed it open forcefully to find his wife shivering and terror at the sight of their daughter. He too was shocked. When one normally turned super saiyan their eyes flashed gold for a moment as their ki engulfed them, but Veronica's eyes were red as was her ki. Vegeta had never seen the like of it, but he knew it had to be stopped. “VERONICA THAT'S ENOUGH!!” He bellowed commandingly. Instantly her eyes faded back to their normal color and her surge dissipated. She frowned at them and turned away laying back down on her bed with her back to them. Bulma was shaking and Vegeta was furious. He led Bulma safely out of the room before he came back in and growled getting Veronica's attention. She sent him a peeved glare and they had a short staring contest before Vegeta grumbled out in a thick voice he hadn't needed to use in 20 plus years.
 
“You should be ashamed for what you just did. How would you feel if you had just killed your mother?”
 
Veronica didn't reply his ice gravel tone cutting her deep and inside her heart was breaking even more. Truly she wanted to cry.
 
“You're confined to this room until I say different. I should kill you for the offense against your mother, but I will settle for beating you in the gravity chamber tomorrow.”
 
Vegeta slammed the door closed and it almost came off its hinges. He was furious, the part of him that had been a father for over 20 years knew that wasn't the right thing to say, but the dominate royal pride side of him knew exactly how rebels were dealt with. He took a deep breath and clenched his fist before leading Bulma away to their room, trying to calm her down.
 
Back in Veronica's room the minute the door had closed she broke down in tears, sobs of pure anguish, not because she had been dragged away from her band or that she was being punished, but because she had lost control yet again and almost killed her mother because of it. She couldn't bear it if she had. Her father was so disappointed in her his voice had portrayed sheer venom almost hatred for her and she couldn't blame him.
 
“What's wrong with me?” She sobbed staring at her hands as if they alien extensions of her body. She scanned the room which had suffered some damage from her power surge, she knew she could never show her face to her family again, and she couldn't risk hurting anyone with her volatile nature so she made a decision. She stood up and wiped her eyes determinedly and changed while she packed….to run away.