Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Redeeming Darkness ❯ I Wish... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox. Dragonball Z belongs to Akira Toriyama, Toei Animation and FUNimation. No copyright infringement is intended and no money has changed hands.

Author's note: This is, without a doubt, one of the strangest ideas I've ever had, but I think it just might work. R&R please!

____________________
CHAPTER 1: I WISH...
____________________

The seven dragonballs sat gleaming on the ground in front of the two young mischief makers who had found them all. Trunks picked one of them up, looking inside it at the three star-shaped gems it encased. He said, "It's hard to believe these things have so much power." The eleven-year-old grinned down at his companion, Goten. "So, what should we wish for?"

The spiky-haired youngster said, "Um, food? A really big table full of food that we don't have to cook or pay for?"

Having just as much appetite as any other Saiyan, Trunks lit up at the idea. "Yeah!" He sat the ball back on the ground with its mates. "Shenron!"

For miles around, black clouds started gathering, blocking out the sun and creating a twilight atmosphere. The balls glowed even more brightly than before, then the dragon leapt out of their collective energies, reaching into the blackened sky in a beautiful display of mystical energy. When he was fully emerged, he bellowed, "Why have you summoned me? What is your first wish?"

Trunks said, "We want a big banquet table, like twenty yards long, full of food!"

"As you wish." The table appeared in the field they were in, and the two chibis yelled ecstatically and went after the food, ignoring the dragon who still waited for them to tell him their next wish. But in their excitement, they had forgotten that they got two wishes. Shenron watched them with irritation as they devoured the banquet, listening closely for anything he could "mistake" for a real wish and get back to sleep again.

The kids started talking about movies while they ate, and the subject of Star Wars came up. Goten said, "Yeah, but Return of the Jedi was the best one!"

"Yeah." Trunks sighed. "But didn't you ever wish that you could change the ending?"

"Yeah! That would be cool! Like we could keep Vader from dying and he could be a good guy again, just like your Dad!"

Smiling, the older boy nodded. "Yeah, I wish we could do that. It would be great!"

The dragon siezed his opportunity. "Your second wish will be granted. Farewell."

There was a flash of light, and suddenly the kids were no longer on Earth, but on a space station that was falling apart at the seams. They looked at each other, and in unison they said, "Uh oh."


Okay, that's our intro chapter. I gave away the first bit of plot, but this is likely to be pretty long winded, so don't worry. There's plenty more where this came from. Please review!