Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances ❯ Emotional hurricane ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
A month and a half she had to wait. Six weeks she had to walk around with a child she didn't want growing inside her. She had tried all the respectable clinics round the world but none of them would take her. None of them wanted the scandal and bad media attention that would come as a result of the infamous Bulma Briefs having an abortion. It would start riots, protestors would boycott capsule corporation's products and would probably form some sort of protest outside her house.
She had to admit she didn't want that either but still, she just could not keep the baby. The only clinic that would take her insisted on a long waiting time `just in case she change her mind'. Well she had defiantly had enough time to think it all over. Every time she thought of keeping the baby she could just imagine the lengths that Yamcha would go to, to worm his way back into her life. She knew that he hadn't raped her, he would never had done that no matter how drunk he was, one word to any of the other warriors and he would have had to eat thru a straw for the longest time and Vegeta would have killed him! In the few months that she was actually with Vegeta she learned just how possessive the Saiyan prince could be. It wasn't out of any sense of `ownership', she was far too strong willed to let anyone treat her like that, but it was out of his need to protect her and his own pride. No matter how many times she tried to tell him he would not get rid of the delusion that if any of the other Z-fighters found out about them then they would kill her just to get at him!
She had made the appointment at the clinic immediately and willed away the time anxiously. Finally, the date had arrived and she was able to get rid of the thing growing inside her. The decision to have an abortion was tearing her up inside, she had not come to the decision to keep the appointment lightly.
If she were to keep the baby what kind of life would it have? One where its mother and farther had no relationship together other than friendship? One where the farther of its half brother would detest its mere presence? The situation would inevitably drive her mad and that was no way to bring up a child. So she had finally decided to go thru with the abortion on her own. She was strong enough to handle it and she didn't need any of her friends trying to talk her out of it as she knew they would.
She pulled into the clinic car park and got out of her car. A tingle ran down her spine and she found herself gazing sadly towards the eastern horizon. She shook off the strange feeling that washed over her and walked towards the main building of the clinic.
 
The interior décor was just like any normal doctors waiting room, all pale colours and pastels that were meant to relax and calm you. They didn't work very well. She gave her name to the receptionist who then instructed her to sit in the waiting room. She only sat down for a few moments when a nurse came out of one of the rooms and called her name. when she saw the doctor that was going to perform the procedure she felt physically ill but suppressed the urge to throw up. She had decided to go thru with it and no matter how much it hurt now, it would be a thousand times worse for the child growing up in the only environment which she could provide it with. She filled out all the paperwork necessary and told the doctor for the third time that she was absolutely-positively sure that it was necessary and signed the consent form. She would stick with her decision, no matter what.
 
---------------------
 
Outside the city a large sand storm howled wildly thrashing angrily at the one creature in its midst that refused to surrender and hide from the driving winds. He squinted and shielded his eyes with his hand as he forced his feet to keep moving. One year he had forced himself to stay away, he had a lot to think about but try as he might he could no longer resist the urge to return to her. Before he had left he would have snarled an the mere thought of her getting so deep under his skin to his icy heart which he went so far as to deny he had. Recently he had been getting a strange feeling from somewhere within him. He couldn't explain it, it was like nothing he had ever felt before. It wasn't pain but it made his breath catch in his throat and made his heart race in near panic. Still he didn't want to believe that he was crawling back to her on his belly, so he walked and thought some more. He had avoided using excessive amounts of energy since he left, the last thing he wanted was to have the nosy Namek or the annoying low born half-breed turning up unexpectedly, asking questions. He knew he was getting out of shape but frankly, he was past caring. What was the point of training when the only opponent in the universe he needed to defeat had sacrificed himself so selflessly for the good of the miserable mud ball that was completely oblivious to his noble sacrifice.
The only challenge he had left was the boy, but he couldn't even face him now. The boy, Gohan, had not only lost a father due to the idiots compassion but he had also managed to do what Vegeta had not. He had been the one to defeat Cell where Vegeta had only allowed the monster to grow to its foulest ultimate power. The arrogant warrior had believed himself to be as powerful as any mortal could possibly become and thought that the ultimate power of `perfect cell' was nothing compared to his ability to transform into super Saiyan. Not only had his arrogance landed him with the pounding of his life but it had also lead to the death of his future son. even if his death was `short lived' so to speak, thanks to the dragons ability to grant him his life back.
It had taken Vegeta a long time to come to terms with the fact that he was now the last. There were no more full blooded Saiyan's left anywhere in the universe except for him. Oh the blood of the Saiyan's would not die out so easily, it would continue for generations from his own blood line and that of Kakarot's brat. He was sure that Raditz had left a string of half breeds across the universe, discreetly concealed amongst the people of their mothers. But Nappa, when he had taken a woman she was going to her doom. Those females rarely survived and in never failed to sicken the young prince when he saw the end result of his bodyguards attentions. It was at that time that the prince had vowed he would not act like his idiot body guard. Despite his extensive training to become Freeza's most deadly killer he had never committed the crimes his companions had. Sure he had been the direct cause of death of many women and children. But in every case their death was quick and he had never raped a woman. Zarbon had tormented him with offers to introduce the young prince to some of the armies many prostitutes but he had snorted and said that none of them were to his high standards, being a prince and all.
He had been laughed at, and Freeza constantly tormented him with it, saying that if he ever found a woman then he would kill her. Vegeta was Freeza's toy and Freeza's alone.
That was the basis for his belief that females were only a distraction and a weakness. Something that took away attention and could be taken away and used against you. He had little trust in the other fighters on this planet, especially the warrior Yamcha. He wasn't enough to cause a threat to him personally but he was like an annoying insect that constantly kept biting bit by bit. Of all the warriors from this planet he was the one that had shown the most resentment. Mainly because Vegeta had immediately gone to stay at capsule corporation and Bulma's home. Yamcha had believed that Vegeta was trying to `make a move on his girl' and had constantly protested Bulma's decision to take him in.
Bulma. The first time he had seen her on planet Namek she was quivering in fear but had still remained strong. She hadn't run away or fainted like so many others would have. The silly creature had actually believed that Zarbon was there to help them, until he transformed that is. The sight of the disgusting lizard had defiantly wiped that stupid grin off her face. Then later on earth, when Freeza and king Cold had landed, she had stood with the others, just as scared as everyone else but still she refused to run and hide. She faced her fears head on and for that he had to give her credit. She had even put herself in danger when the warriors were trying to stop Dr Gyro from awakening any more of his androids. The insufferable psychotic Dr had shot her plane right out of the sky, and Vegeta had done nothing. Absolutely nothing. His future son had been furious with him at letting her fall after he had caught her and his young self as they plummeted towards the rocky ground. There was never any doubt in his mind that one of the others would save her. If Gyro has seen him save her, he dreaded to think what the diabolical android would have done.
His self control was put to the ultimate test when the monster Cell had killed the boy from the future, and it had broken. He had seen red and attacked the android in a blind rage, even if the sheer ferociousness and unpredictability of his attack, which held enough power to tear the planet apart, had taken Cell by surprise.
The warrior shuddered as he tried to banish the memory from his mind. He was not proud of the way he had acted by throwing that attack, he always felt the need to be in complete control and hated the feeling that his control had been taken away from him. But he was even less proud of the fact that he had allowed the monster to take the life of his son.
When he had looked into the boys eyes during the battle he had seen more of himself in them than he wanted to think about. The young half Saiyan had been through a lot during his childhood, been brought up in the heat of battle with the fire that called his people to the fight coursing thru his veins without restraint. Vegeta was surprised to see a large part of the boys mother staring back at him. It was a strange sensation, two people, brought up in completely different ways, one in perpetual battle and the other in the sheltered surroundings of her rich fathers home, melded into one compassionate yet vicious fighting force the like of which he had never seen.
As he blinked sand out of his eyes and squinted ahead he noticed the storm had let up considerably. He now could make out the dark lines of the buildings of the large city in which the capsule corporation residential estate was located. He plodded on, forcing his feet to take each step. He was near exhausted and he knew that he must have looked like he had been dragged backwards thru a few thousand hedgerows but he cared little of peoples opinion about him. Especially the people of this planet, well except for one. If she could have seen him at that moment she would have been by his side in a heart beat and would practically manhandle him into the infirmary room at their grand mansion, insisting that he get the medical attention he needs. He smirked slightly as he thought of the concerned look that would spread upon her face, which would then mingle with one of stubborn caring as she forced him to comply with her suggestions.
The winds eased up considerably as he entered the outermost regions of the city and began making his way down the maze of streets towards the complex that had somehow become his home, without him even noticing it.