Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Her Soul ❯ Left in the Dark ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated. I just finished a big exam that I spent lots of time cramming for!

Thanks to: DuCksRVeRykOoL, lulu, Gothic/punk Panny, KittenAngel1403, TrunxChic, Artemis the Goddess, young-n-hopeless, trunksvegetafrodo, mysterious-mask, Wind8, chibi playing with fire, Anonymous, v son saiyan, GohansChica, babe_galanime, bmrdbgt, P*A*N28, Lion of August, Legolas, and sophie.

To Laura-chan: Thanks for your review. You said to try not to make it like that Val Kilmer movie, At First Sight. I have never watched that movie so I have absolutely no idea what it was about! Hehe maybe you could tell me?

~Chapter 5~

The sun was shining down brightly into Trunks' eyes when he woke up. He rubbed his eyes and turned to wrap his arms around Pan. As his hands circled around nothing but air, Trunks started to really wake up. A frown graced his handsome face as he couldn't sense Pan anywhere.

Where is she? He wondered. Maybe she decided to head back first and not wake me knowing I should have a good night's rest. Trunks felt the time on his watch. (Isn't there some sort of watch that blind people can have to tell time?) He jumped up and gathered all of his clothes and rushed to the hospital. He was supposed to be there in 20 minutes!

It was a few hours later when his preparations were done. Trunks' family were there waiting to comfort him before his operation. Bulma as usual was fussing over him.

"Don't worry Trunks honey, everything is going to be fine! Pan found you the best doctor possible," she exclaimed, only to have her husband nudge her softly in the side. Her eyes widened as she realized what she has just said. Bulma knew how much her son loved Pan and wanted her support through the whole operation but she hadn't shown up yet. Neither had Gohan and Videl yet for that matter. She didn't want to worry her son at this moment.

"Pan! Mother, where is she?" Trunks asked.

"Uh, she isn't here yet." Bulma stammered.

"What!? Mom, I want her to be here. I-I don't think I can do this without her." Trunks all but shouted.

"Trunks, please calm down OK? Look, Gohan and Videl aren't here yet either. Maybe they're just running late." She comforted. Trunks relaxed, but only slightly.

"Mom, I'm fine OK? Please just try to get them here as soon as possible. I want to know that Pan is going to be here when I wake up. Just then, the door to his room opened and Dr. Carlson walked in.

"How are you feeling? Are you ready?" He asked.

"It's time already?" Bulma exclaimed.

"Yes, I'm afraid the sooner we have the operation, the greater his chances are."

"But, can't we just wait a few more minutes. I want to wait till gets here to start."

"I'm sorry. I really suggest we start right now. Your chances are decreasing as we speak. The sooner, the better." Dr. Carlson sighed.

"Trunks, just go ahead. We'll make sure Pan is here when you're out. She would be mad if she realized that you're decreasing your chances of success just for her." His sister stated.

"Fine! Fine. I'm ready." Trunks sighed, defeated.

Trunks was then wheeled into the operation room where his life would change once he got out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She was sitting by his side, holding his hand as he came out of the operation. The doctor had said everything had been fine and he was going to see just fine. She was overjoyed. He was going to unwrap his bandages and see her for the first time and smile that brilliant smile of his. Trunks was going to lean over and kiss her and tell her how beautiful she was. Pan couldn't wait.

As his eyes opened and blinked a few times, he smiled and turned towards Pan. His face however, then contorted into a look of horror.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pan arrived in the beautiful city of London, England only a few hours ago. This was already the third city she had stopped at to try to find a suitable home but had no luck so far. She desperately wanted to go home and to be with Trunks and her family but the dream always stopped her from turning around.

It had started the night she had left home. The recurring dream haunted her every night to the point where she would almost believe that it had actually happened. She did not want to go home and have it turn from a dream to reality.

Pan hadn't been able to settle down in one city because of the lack of work. She hadn't finished university before she left so it was extremely hard to find a good paying job to support herself. By the time she had arrived in London, she had given up looking for a good job and would settle for any sort of job. She was running out of money by staying in a hotel every night but she had not found a place to live yet.

It was a few days later that she found a waitressing job at a local café. When Pan had first met the owner, she had been horrified. Her face was covered with 2nd degree burns from a fire and completely misshaped her face. Pan had eventually calmed down enough to realize that the woman was extremely friendly and was willing to hire her! She had even met her new boss' husband, Mr. Gear. He was as nice as his wife was and welcomed her with open arms.

When they realized Pan didn't have a place to stay, they immediately offered her a place at their home. Pan had turned it down, not wanting to intrude but they insisted until she finally gave in.

Pan was just settling in for the night when her thoughts turned back to her family and friends at home. She missed Trunks so much but knew staying here was for his best interests. She could only hope that he didn't despise her enough so that they couldn't even be friends after.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks was just wheeled into the operation room when Gohan and Videl rushed in. "Is everything OK?" Gohan asked.

"Yes but it almost wasn't! Where were you two? And where is Pan!?" Bulma demanded.

"You mean she didn't tell you guys? She's taking a trip and won't be back for a while…but I don't understand. Why didn't she tell you?" Videl asked.

"She didn't even tell Trunks! He wasn't even going to go through with the operation until she was here. Luckily, we managed to convince him otherwise by telling him that she was going to be here when he woke up! How could she do this to him?!" Bulma yelled.

"I didn't know! I thought she told Trunks," Gohan defended and then turned to Videl. "I thought it was weird that she would be leaving at the time of his operation."

"Well then, why didn't you question her?" Vegeta asked.

"Because she said she really needed a break from everything going on in her life, so we just let her!"

"The real question is, who's going to tell Trunks when he wakes up?" Vegeta stated.

A/N: Please review! Thanks. I know this chapter really sucked and I had an extremely hard time writing it so please give me a break. It may be kind of boring but I needed this chapter to move things along so please understand.

Also can anyone tell me maybe the name to this t/p story I read once on FF.net. Trunks and Pan don't know each other and he asks Pan and her daughter to pretend to be his family in front of this client he has. I think it's only one or two chapters long and takes place during Christmas. I've been trying to find it for a while and no luck.