Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ She Thinks She Needs Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

She Thinks She Needs Me
 
Disclaimer: Andy Griggs sings the songand Akira Toriyama created most of the characters. I just like them…..A lot!
 
In lots of fan fiction I see female characters who fall in love and mate with saiyans and no matter what the situation they always love them unconditionally and they need them. They need their saiyan men, emotionally, physically, spiritually, for survival, etc. But it is also always true that the men need the women just as much if not infinitely more. This little song fic will illustrate how the relationships between the saiyans and their mates really work. ^_@
 
Inspiration brought to you by DBZ, Mediaminer.org and Andy Griggs's song She Thinks She Needs Me! Warning different time lines! Don't worry it won't throw you off.
 
 
She thinks Iwalk on water
she thinks
Ihung the moon
she tells me every
morning
they just don't make men like you
she thinks
I'vegot it together
she swears
I'mas tough as nails
but
Idon'thave the heart to tell her
that she
don'tknow me that well
 
Gohan was standing outside the high school waiting impatiently for Videl. He always felt awkward when it was just him in a mass of his human peers. They all gave him strange looks and he was horrible at small talk, as saiyans tend to be. He looked down at his watch for the hundredth time when he heard a familiar voice.
 
“Hey Gohan!” The voice was one he had come to know and love. He looked up to see Videl stalking towards him. She always had a stern look on her face in public, but her deep blue eyes still held that mystical spark that he couldn't get enough of.
 
“Hi Videl.” He replied in his usual shy tenor. Videl gave him a secret smile and took his hand behind her back as they walked away from the school together.
 
Videl smiled up at her saiyan hero. Since they had been through such an ordeal together and she knew about his past she felt closer to him than ever. He was truly sweet and caring. He was the best guy she had ever met and she was going to keep him regardless if he was an alien or not. He was the first man strong enough to break the wall around her heart and now she couldn't get enough of him.
 
The two of them flew off to train together near Mt. Paozu. They trained until they lost focus and began to play around. It was more like tag than a sparring match and it ended with them both on the ground laughing. Gohan smiled happily at Videl as she laughed at his silliness. She wasn't his best sparring partner, but she was the most fun. All the other Z fighters were serious when they trained even during times of peace and he appreciated the reprieve he had with Videl and now that she understood his enormous power she didn't get angry as much that he was stronger.
 
Videl stopped laughing to see Gohan staring at her with his intense dark eyes. His intensity in everything he did made her melt. He had a heart and a power that was too big to fathom. He was the first person to ever make her truly laugh. She stared back into his eyes and she knew that he was the one who had made her live, really live.
 
Gohan leaned in to kiss Videl. It was a slow kiss, but so full of passion that Videl felt dizzy from it. Gohan loved the taste of Videl. He wanted to kiss her forever and his saiyan instincts were calling for him to take her as his own and for the first time in his life he wanted to listen to those instincts first and without thought. He leaned over her a little and kissed her breathless. Finally they had to separate for air and Gohan and Videl were both flushed and breathing heavily.
 
“You are one hell of kisser.” Videl mentioned looking up at Gohan.
 
Gohan laughed, a dark saiyan like one that always made Videl shiver with desire. “Someday I'll show you what else I'm good at.” He smiled devilishly as he leaned down and playfully nipped her neck.
 
Videl giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I look forward to that day.”
 
Gohan's heart sang at her acceptance of him. In his heart he could feel that they were meant to be mates and he knew with her he would never be alone again.

She don'tknow how much Ineed her
she
don'tknow I'dfall apart
without her kiss
without her touch
without her faithful
lovingarms
she
don'tknow that its all about her
she
don'tknow Icant live without her
she's my world she's my everything
and she thinks she needs me
 
The night was calm and Vegeta couldn't sleep knowing that tomorrow he would face the androids. He went to the gravity room and trained some more, but his thoughts began to wander to why he was fighting the androids.
 
In side Capsule Corp there was a beautiful woman and a young son that belonged to him. He sat down hard this information weighing strangely on his chest. He knew deep down that they were the only reason he would willingly face the androids. He had never intended or expected to take the blue haired genius as his mate. It had been a moment of irrational passion and yet,…it had given him a life. A reason to live, to fight, to care. Vegeta growled in frustration at his loss of focus and headed back into Capsule Corp. He was headed back to his room when he heard a soft voice coming from the brat's room. He stopped by the door and looked in.
 
Inside Bulma was humming a lullaby to baby Trunks. She smiled down at her sleeping son and set the calm baby in his crib. She let out a long beleaguered sigh. Vegeta felt a pressure on his heart at the sound of her sad sigh.
 
“Sleep well my son. Daddy will be fine tomorrow.” She whispered touching his hair. It was more of a reassurance for herself then Trunks. Bulma was trying so hard not to cry she knew she had to be strong for her baby and for her friends who were going off to fight an incredible evil, but it was hard not to cry out in fear for the man she loved.
 
She didn't know how, but she had fallen in love with Vegeta. He had given her a beautiful son, the most precious gift any man could ever give her and now he was fighting for her. She was touched that he wanted to protect her and their son, but she was terrified of losing him.
 
A sob broke from her throat and she turned away from the crib rubbing her eyes trying to expel the tears.
 
Vegeta saw her burst into tears and he could feel through their bond that she was scared to lose him and truth be told he was just as afraid to lose her. For the first time in his warrior's existence he was afraid to die, he didn't want to leave Bulma…ever. He walked into the room and before she could question his presence he picked her up in his strong arms and carried her to her room. He laid her on the cool sheets as she stared up at him with a confused look as tears continued to flow unchecked down her cheeks. He slid in bed next to her and pulled the covers over them. He stared into her eyes and she threw her arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder whispering in between sobs. “I don't want to lose you.”
 
Vegeta wrapped his arms around Bulma and held her. He felt the same way, but he had to be strong for her and he swore that if he lived through this ordeal he would never take Bulma for granted again.

Sometimes she cries on my shoulder
when she's
layingnext to me
but she
don'tknow that when Ihold her
that she's really
holdingme
holdingme
Goku was sitting at the breakfast table wolfing down his third helping of the morning while Chi chi stood at the sink doing dishes and chatting idly about whatever was on her mind. Goku had to admit although he hardly ever knew exactly what she was talking about he enjoyed hearing her voice. After seven years of going without her he had learned just how important she was to him.
 
In the other world he could train all he wanted, but the food wasn't as good and he was lonesome. He missed his wife's company. Even when she yelled at him at least he knew she cared. He loved everything about her. It was as if she was made for him. The perfect mix to spice up his life.
 
He finished his meal and stared thoughtfully at her. He noted the sway of her body as she moved and the rise and fall in the tone of her voice. He rose from his chair and on a whim came up behind Chi chi and wrapped his arms around her waist and swayed with her cradling her to his body and just enjoying her presence.
 
Chi chi was surprised at first, but she never protested a moment when Goku was so intimate. She leaned into his embrace and when he placed his head on hers she sighed happily.
 
It had been far too long since they had held each other like this. All those years he was gone she missed his touch, his warmth, his smile, the way he could make her laugh even when she was furious with him.
 
Even though taking care of Gohan's education was easier without him to step in and make it harder she had been so lonely without him and regardless of his fighter's influence Gohan and Goten had needed a father more and now that he was back she wasn't willing to lose him again. He was her one and only.

She don'tknow how much Ineed her
she
don'tknow I'dfall apart
without her kiss
without her touch
without her faithful
lovingarms
she
don'tknow that its all about her
she
don'tknow Icant live without her
she's my world she's my everything
and she thinks she needs me
 
“Vegeta!” “Bardock!” “Dinner!” The two saiyan females called from the house as they stared down the hill at the two male saiyans who were sparring with one another. The King and Bardock stopped and turned to look up the hill at their mates. They floated up the hill and set down in front of them each grabbing their mate by the waist and pulling them flush against their bodies.
 
Their mates' tails wound around their own and they stared longingly into each others eyes.
 
“What are we having?” Vegeta asked Vanessa as he caressed her shoulder.
 
Bardock grinned evilly at Katerina. “I hope it's you.” He purred in her ear. Katerina still melted every time Bardock touched her even though they had been together for thirty years. She thanked the gods every day that she was granted an eternity with him. Katerina laughed and pulled away from Bardock's grasped. “Save it for later lover boy, your meat will get cold if you don't hurry.”
 
Katerina grinned as she turned and sauntered into the house. Her long dark brown hair swaying with her hips. Bardock chuckled as he watched her go.
 
Meanwhile…Queen Vanessa leaned into King Vegeta's embrace. He held her close and she savored the warmth of his body against hers. Almost forty years ago she thought she would never feel this again. She had constantly make sure that she wasn't dreaming and she held him until she knew he was real. She looked up deep into his eyes and smiled. “Katerina's right. Better hurry before dinner gets cold.” She slowly pulled away from him and smiled before turning and going inside.
 
The King smiled to himself as he recalled her smile, the way her shining ebony eyes and short ebony hair would form the perfect combination to make Vegeta's heart constrict.
 
The King and Bardock stood outside for a moment each giving thanks to the gods for what they had been given. They had both died for a good cause, defeating Frieza and where they failed their sons succeeded and they were rewarded with an eternity in other world. There own little piece of heaven. You can imagine their surprise when they arrived to find their mates. Both of whom had died in child birth. They never thought they would see or touch their precious mates again. Fate had seemed so cruel all those years ago; giving them strong sons, but taking their mates in the process. Yet now in death they had everything they ever wanted and they cherished it each and every moment.

Yea now the funny thing is
she thinks she's the lucky one

she
don'tknow how much Ineed her
she
don'tknow I'dfall apart
without her kiss
without her touch
without her faithful
lovingarms
she
don'tknow that its all about her
she
don'tknow Icant live without her
she's my world she's my everything
and she thinks she needs me

She thinks
Iwalk on water
She thinks
Ihung the moon